The treatment of cardiosclerosis is aimed at treating the underlying disease and includes:
- antiarrhythmic drugs;
- cholesterol lowering drugs;
- cardiac glycosides;
Currently, a sufficiently effective method for the treatment of cardiosclerosis has not been developed. It is impossible to turn connective tissue back into cardiomyocytes with the help of some medications. Therefore, the treatment of this disease is usually aimed at eliminating the symptoms and preventing complications.
Surgical and conservative methods are used in the treatment. The first include:
- Heart transplantation. It is considered the only effective treatment option. Indications for this operation are: a decrease in cardiac output of up to 20% or less of normal, the absence of serious diseases of internal organs, the low effectiveness of drug treatment.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting. It is used for progressive vasoconstriction.
- The implantation of pacemakers. This operation is carried out with cardiosclerosis, accompanied by severe forms of arrhythmia.
If the disease has led to the formation of aneurysm of the heart, surgery may be prescribed to eliminate it. In the process of surgical intervention, the affected area is removed or strengthened. Such actions help prevent tearing of weak heart muscle.
For treatment, drugs are used whose action is aimed at eliminating the symptoms of heart failure:
- Beta-blockers: Metoprolol, Bisoprolol, Carvedilol;
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors: Enalapril, Captopril, Lisinopril;
- Diuretics: Butemanide, Furosemide;
- Cardiac glycosides – for example, digoxin;
- Aldosterone Antagonists – Spironolactone.
These drugs modify the work of the heart, providing regulation of the load. As a prevention of thrombosis, blood thinners can be used.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page .
If on an ECG and ultrasound it was possible to determine the initial degree of progression of cardiosclerosis, it can be treated conservatively. A complex therapy regimen is prescribed, including drugs that correct heart function and eliminate pathological signs. The following groups of drugs are prescribed:
- cardiac glycosides;
- aldosterone antagonists;
- ACE inhibitors;
- antiplatelet agents;
If a woman is planning a pregnancy in the future, with a diagnosis of cardiosclerosis of the heart, it is necessary to undergo complex treatment before conception. Since the disease is dangerous, in severe cases, doctors recommend an interruption, therefore, during the planning of the child, it is necessary to inform the gynecologist about the existing pathology and determine with it the further plan of action.