A stroke is a severe acute brain pathology in which the patient needs emergency medical attention. Regardless of the type of stroke, it is always brain damage that develops due to circulatory disorders. Depending on many factors, clinical manifestations always vary, and with them treatment and recovery from a stroke (the right side is more often affected than the left).
In any case, the prognosis of the disease depends on the time: the later you see a doctor, the worse the consequences can be and the harder the recovery.
Signs of a right-sided stroke:
Paralysis of the left s >Rehabilitation is based on:
- Individuality: a set of rehabilitation measures is developed personally;
- Carrying out and choosing justified forms of rehabilitation;
- Regularity and dosage of exposure;
- A gradual increase in the strength of the impact when the expected effect is achieved.
The principles of recovery of motor functions after a stroke:
- The sooner the better;
- Active participation of the patient.
It is important to know that there are no contraindications after a stroke on the right side to restore lost body functions.
Rehabilitation has one of two possible goals:
- Maximum return to former life;
- Maximum adaptation to new conditions of existence.
The acute stage begins with the patient’s admission to the hospital.
- The position of the patient’s body must be natural, biomechanically correct, otherwise there may be a deterioration in the remaining sensitivity of the affected left side.
- It is advisable to arrange the bed so that the patient is on the left side in the direction of flow of sensitive irritants, for example, towards the open window or door.
- Change in body position every two hours.
- Conduct “gymnastics”: lay the left leg and arm on a healthy right side, then on the left side, then on the stomach. In each position for 30 minutes.
- Verticalization. Using a special rotary table, a smooth transfer of a lying patient to a vertical position is carried out.
- Breathing exercises.
This stage is also carried out in a hospital. Rehabilitation carried out in the most acute period is joined by:
- Passive gymnastics to maintain joint elasticity and improve blood flow in the left arm and leg.
- Mechanotherapy with passive and active devices depending on the severity of the lesion. It is carried out to restore and improve movement in the joints.
- Propriocorrection is a technique based on wearing a suit, with the help of which an axial load is created. The technique is designed to restore sensitivity.
- Ergotherapy, necessary to restore or improve the patient’s daily activity, for example, dressing, washing, eating. Another goal is to improve and restore fine motor skills of the hands.
The recovery phase is usually divided into three periods:
- Early – after discharge from the hospital until six months after a stroke;
- Late – from six months to a year;
- Res >Early recovery is carried out on the basis of a polyclinic, a rehabilitation center, and includes independent studies of the patient at home. The use of all rehabilitation methods carried out in the hospital continues, but with the condition of their complication. Prevention and control of contractures, high muscle tone, and dysfunction of the urine are carried out.
On their own at home, the patient performs only those exercises that can be performed correctly, for example:
- After waking up, purposefully stand on the left leg;
- Monitor the position of the left hand, change its position, knead and massage;
- Fix the right hand for an hour and carry out daily activities with the left hand, increase the fixation time every day.
Rehabilitation in the late recovery and residual periods sets the task of improving speech, memory, attention, self-care skills and fine motor skills of the brush. At the same time, training is being conducted to improve exercise tolerance, under the supervision of a specialist and taking into account concomitant pathology. The restoration of motor activity continues in an independent mode or with additional support. For the best social adaptation, professional reorientation is carried out.
A good result is achieved in the classroom:
- Daily morning gymnastics and physiotherapy exercises three times a week;
- With a speech therapist and psychotherapist;
- Agriculture, as an option for occupational therapy.
What relatives need to know
An important aspect of patient adaptation is the calm, emotional atmosphere of the home. Relatives need to be patient and understanding. The patient should feel support, faith in success.
Compliance with the routine in everyday life will give the patient confidence.
Often, to improve the effect of physical recovery methods after a stroke, especially on the right side, anticholinesterase drugs are prescribed to improve the transmission of nerve impulses in skeletal muscle, for example, neuromidine.
Also, drugs of this group improve the rehabilitation of speech, memory.
In the period of persistent residual effects, nootropic drugs are used to improve metabolic processes in the brain. Drugs must be taken for at least three months for best effectiveness. It is recommended to take medications that improve blood circulation in the brain, for example, Cavinton.
Recovery of lost functions is a laborious and lengthy process. Conducting rehabilitation measures is advisable until the moment when a positive effect is determined, dynamics for the better.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,