Hypertension (high blood pressure) is considered one of the most common diseases in the world, and affects both the elderly, middle-aged people and even children. The disease proceeds sequentially and imperceptibly, which complicates its diagnosis in the early stages, so to say how long hypertensives live does not work.
If you regularly take preventive measures and follow the doctor’s recommendations, you can live with hypertension to a very old age, and leaving the disease unattended, there is a high risk of getting a stroke incompatible with life, even at a young age. There are four main factors that increase the risk of hypertension:
- Heredity – hypertension is inherited, so if your family has hypertension, it is important to be careful about your health and worry about the prevention of the disease in advance;
- Alcohol abuse – regular intake of alcohol directly affects the state of health, disrupts blood circulation and increases the risk of heart attacks, all this leads to malfunctions and jumps in blood pressure;
- Excess weight – due to the additional subcutaneous layer of fat, the pressure on the vessels increases significantly, which leads to a deterioration in well-being and a malfunction of the main organs;
- Frequent stresses – the nervous system directly affects the blood circulation process, because all body systems are interconnected. Spasms of nerve endings lead to impaired blood flow, affect the walls of blood vessels, which ultimately adversely affects blood pressure.
- Classification of hypertension
- How the wrong lifestyle affects the level of pressure of a person
- How to live with hypertension
- Common “myths” about hypertension
- From Blood Pressure Don’t Die
- Hypertension – the creed of the elderly
- Hypertension seen from afar – red eyes + frequent dizziness
- Hypertensive patients – everyone who has ever had a jump in pressure
- If hypertension has improved, you can stop taking medication
- All “life joys” are forbidden to hypertensive patients
- Folk recipes are better than modern medicines
Classification of hypertension
The World Health Organization in 1999 proposed a unified classification of hypertension, which is relevant to this day. According to her, there are 3 degrees of increasing blood pressure:
- The first (soft) – indicators are 159 to 90/99;
- The second (average) – at a pressure of 179 per 100/109;
- The third (heavy) – measurement data of 180 or more at 110 and above.
Patients of the first group often encounter problems of cerebral circulation, while the second and third groups already suffer from malfunctions of the internal organs.
Almost all hypertensive patients experience a change in climatic conditions – the body reacts to a change in temperature (with the onset of frost and intense heat), with increasing humidity and magnetic storms, a person feels a deterioration in health.
How the wrong lifestyle affects the level of pressure of a person
Our addictions – smoking, strong drinks, abuse of flour products and salt – all this affects the general well-being of the body and leads to a tremendous increase in blood pressure.
- Regular smoking disrupts the blood supply to the brain, causes strong heart contractions, deprives the internal tissues of oxygen and leads to vasoconstriction and the death of small capillaries. The intake of nicotine in the body causes a temporary increase in blood pressure, and since heavy smokers consume more than a pack of cigarettes a day, pressure drops occur regularly, which leads to stretching of the vessel walls. This is an additional impetus for the development of hypertension and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Excess weight is the most important factor in the development of hypertension. Extra kg exert excessive pressure on the heart muscle, which causes jumps in blood pressure. It is important to eat right and healthy in order to prevent obesity – in the diet, hypertension is recommended for sea fish, green vegetables, unsweetened fruits, low-fat meat, nuts, cereals and bran, meat (low-fat), hard cheeses and clean drinking water. But smoked food, pickles, preservation, sugar, salt, yeast and alcoholic beverages need, if not completely excluded, then limit their consumption to min.
- “Sedentary” lifestyle – the lack of physical training leads to stagnation of the muscles, which makes them weak and brittle. Light sports train the cardiovascular system, normalize blood pressure. The best sport for hypertensives is swimming, you can also do yoga, ride a bike, and go hiking.
- Frequent stressful situations – a state of increased anxiety and a nervous crisis is accompanied by a high release of adrenaline into the blood, from this the heart works intensely and intensively. To reduce pressure, you need to learn how to behave calmly, be able to relax and not take all the trouble “close to your heart.” It is useful for hypertensive patients to communicate with animals, get a cat or a dog, pets really know how to “treat”, in addition, a fluffy pet with its presence gives a feeling of peace and quiet.
How to live with hypertension
The diagnosis of “hypertension” is not a reason to despair, you can live with such a disease for many years, but you will need to adjust your lifestyle. Firstly, consultation and periodic examination by a doctor is simply necessary.
Secondly, you can not be negligent in taking medications, without them you can not control the level of pressure. Thirdly, it is recommended to strive for a healthy lifestyle.
To live happily ever after with high blood pressure and prevent complications of the disease, doctors advise adhering to these rules:
- Adhere to a diet – less fried and fatty foods, eliminate excessively sweet and salty foods, replacing them with fruits and vegetables. The best option would be to remove table salt from the diet as much as possible; hypertensive supplemental sodium in the body is contraindicated;
- “Tie up” with bad habits – quit smoking, limit alcohol consumption, eradicate psychotropic substances from your life;
- Monitor the pressure level – a wrist blood pressure monitor is required for home control, it is simple to use, does not take up much space, is mobile and practical. Having a tonometer on hand, you can check the pressure at the right time, so that you can start taking medications on time if necessary;
- Regularly do exercises – you can choose your favorite sport, starting with home aerobics, and ending with walks in the fresh air. But excessive loads are also undesirable, sports and strength training for illness are good in moderation;
- Controlling body weight is especially important for overweight people; increased weight directly affects the increase in pressure, so by lowering your weight, you will help the body adjust its pressure level;
- Monitor sleep patterns – hypertensive patients need a good rest, so try to fight insomnia and stay calm in stressful situations.
Fulfilling the main recommendations and tips, the question: “how much they live with hypertension” will not bother you. You will be able to control and regulate the level of blood pressure to feel like a completely healthy person.
Common “myths” about hypertension
Not all “tales” about blood pressure are true, we often hear about the many symptoms of this disease, but many of the people’s opinions about this are not true.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
From Blood Pressure Don’t Die
Not quite true, with arterial hypertension, the functions of internal organs (heart, kidneys, blood vessels) are disturbed, so the risk of dying from a heart attack and stroke is quite high. At the same time, if you are treated promptly and follow the doctor’s recommendations, you will not be fatal from hypertension.
Hypertension – the creed of the elderly
Recently, hypertensive crises are not uncommon in people between the ages of 30 – 35 years old, therefore, every adult will not hurt to periodically measure pressure to prevent complications in adulthood. Details of the symptoms and first aid for hypertensive crisis can be found in this article.
Hypertension seen from afar – red eyes + frequent dizziness
Most hypertensive patients do not immediately notice a worsening condition, a person can live with hypertension for several decades without realizing the disease.
Hypertensive patients – everyone who has ever had a jump in pressure
Of course not, hypertension causes regular pressure surges and stable human discomfort. And one-time jumps Blood pressure can be caused by the abuse of nicotine, strong coffee or tea, it must be borne in mind that additional pressure is applied to the vessels after running and strength exercises, therefore, they do not make a conclusion about the disease on the basis of a single measurement.
If hypertension has improved, you can stop taking medication
Unfortunately, the temporary establishment of the condition does not give a 100% guarantee that the disease will not recur, therefore it is important to strictly follow the course of treatment prescribed by the doctor.
All “life joys” are forbidden to hypertensive patients
It’s fundamentally wrong – everything is good in moderation: a small amount of alcohol is allowed (a glass of red wine, for example), you can go to the sea, visit a steam room (not for long), perform physical exercises, and have sex.
Folk recipes are better than modern medicines
Scientific experiments prove the effectiveness of many natural compounds in the fight against high blood pressure, but these drugs give good results as additions to the main treatment. Do not ignore the doctor’s instructions, and consult with him about the advisability of taking “home” drugs, because harmless, at first glance, components can cause irreparable harm to your body.
As you can see, you do not need to take a word from unverified facts, your life is most important, so do not let the situation go by its own accord, start treatment on time and be healthy!