Doctors still do not know the exact causes of the appearance of hypertension. Risk factors include:
- Work in environmentally harmful industries;
- Genetic predisposition;
- Frequent stress;
- Mental trauma
- Improper nutrition, in particular – frequent consumption of large amounts of fatty foods;
- Smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction;
- Old age.
There is also the so-called secondary hypertension – a prolonged increase in blood pressure due to disruption of the liver, heart and endocrine system. Doctors note that secondary hypertension accounts for about 10% of cases of complaints of high blood pressure.
Hypertension stages and main symptoms
There are three stages of the development of the disease:
- First stage. At this stage of the disease, all internal organs are of normal size. The pressure can increase sharply in case of experiencing negative emotions, after which the pressure independently returns to normal.
- Second stage. The left ventricle of the heart usually enlarges. Pressure usually rises sharply when experiencing negative emotions. To normalize it, you need to take special pills or herbs.
- Third stage. Pressure can rise sharply for any reason. To lower it, you should take special pills or herbs. An increase in pressure leads to the occurrence of such complications – frequent headaches, heart failure, cerebrovascular accident and myocardial infarction.
Also, in some cases, at the first stage of the disease, the following symptoms can be observed:
- Frequent headaches in the neck;
- Heaviness in the head;
- Sleep disturbances;
- Memory impairment;
- Visual impairment.
The use of leeches for the treatment of hypertension
Sometimes doctors use the bloodletting method to treat hypertension. In its therapeutic sense, this method of treatment is similar to another method – the use of medical leeches. Bloodletting and the use of leeches have one goal – the removal of excess blood from the body. The medical meaning of bloodletting and leeches with hypertension is as follows:
- Pressure reduction by reducing the amount of blood;
- Increased blood flow;
- Improving metabolic processes;
- Improving oxygen metabolism.
To date, doctors rarely prescribe the use of leeches for the treatment of hypertension, giving their preference to various drugs. However, in some cases, doctors can still prescribe leeches.
Consider the effectiveness of hirudotherapy (the scientific name for the method of applying leeches) at various stages of hypertension:
- The use of hirudotherapy at the first stage of the disease gives an almost one hundred percent effect. After completing the course of treatment, the pressure returns to normal. At this stage, hirudotherapy can be used as the main treatment method.
- The use of hirudotherapy in the second stage of the disease is also justified. The best result is the use of leeches in combination with medications that lower blood pressure.
- The use of hirudotherapy in the third stage of the disease makes little sense. At this stage of the development of the disease, special medicines that are selected by a qualified doctor are better suited for treatment.
With hirudotherapy, a leech not only absorbs excess blood, but also enriches the human circulatory system with the following useful substances:
- Hirudin – This peptide reduces blood clotting and reduces the likelihood of blood clots forming in blood vessels.
- Apyrase – this compound reduces the number of atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels due to the destruction of cholesterol and some other compounds from which these plaques are synthesized.
- Destabilase – is a combination of substances (antistasin, viburnum and others) that destroy existing blood clots.
- Orgelase – this substance promotes the regeneration of blood vessel cells and heart muscle. For this reason, this substance promotes the healing of wounds after heart attacks and strokes.
- A large number of histamine-like compounds that dilate blood vessels, which leads to normalization of pressure.
Care must be taken when using leeches, as improper use of leeches can lead to complications. Leech with hypertension should be installed at special points to avoid complications. Usually the course of treatment looks like this:
- First leeches put behind the ears. Behind each ear, 2-3 leeches should be placed. Doctors advise against putting leeches very close to the auricle, since leeches can damage important venous vessels. To facilitate the installation of leeches behind the ears, doctors advise using test tubes or jars with a narrow neck. The number of sessions is 2 or 3.
- Then leeches are placed in the area of the Michaelis rhombus. You need to place 2-3 leeches. The number of sessions is 2 or 3.
- At the end they put leeches in the coccyx. You need to place 1-2 leeches. The number of sessions is no more than 2.
In the presence of concomitant diseases, the number of sessions can be increased or decreased (this is determined by the attending physician individually). Elderly people should be especially careful when using leeches.
How to put leeches
To correctly put on a leech, doctors advise you to keep several important tools on hand:
- Medical tweezers;
- A clean glass, test tube or jar with a narrow neck;
- A small cotton swab that is saturated with iodine or hydrogen peroxide;
- A large piece of cotton;
- Adhesive bandage, gauze;
- A small clean can.
Perform the installation of leeches in the following sequence:
- Put the right amount of leeches in a small jar.
- Using tweezers, apply a leech to the desired area of the skin. Instead of tweezers, you can use a test tube or a jar with a narrow neck.
- When the leech is on the skin, cover it with a clean glass so that the leech does not crawl to another place. The glass should be pressed firmly to the skin so that there is no gap between the skin and the glass through which the leech could escape.
- Wait until the leech sticks to the body. As soon as the patient feels pain from a bite, the glass should be removed.
- Now you need to go to the first step and place all the leeches.
- When all the leeches are placed, you need to wait 20-30 minutes. During this time, leeches are pumped with blood. Remove full leeches with tweezers, placing them in a jar or clean bag.
- In very rare cases, a leech will not want to fall off on its own. In this case, bring a small cotton swab with iodine to the leech. Since leeches really do not like iodine, they will begin to crawl to the side. Remove the leech with tweezers.
- Now you need to carry out the treatment of the wound. To do this, apply iodine or hydrogen peroxide to a piece of cotton wool. Attach it to the wound with a patch. If you cannot fix the cotton on the skin, use a bandage and gauze.
- After the procedure, the wound will bleed slightly for several days. This should not scare the patient. Usually this slight bleeding disappears 1-2 days after the procedure.
- If your skin itches 1-2 days after the procedure, apply an iodine grid.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,