People with high blood pressure or already suffering from arterial hypertension often wonder if hypertension and a bath are compatible and what is the risk of this? Indeed, for many of them, visiting a bathhouse or sauna before an illness is an ordinary way of life. Confusing statements, it is not clear where they came from, that the bath is a folk remedy for the treatment of hypertension.
It should be noted right away, if a sick person immediately turned to doctors, and did not begin self-medication with folk remedies, then one must adhere to the recommendations of specialists and give priority to traditional medicine.
Numerous studies by medical scientists in this field have shown that wet and dry steam can have different effects on the state of hypertension.
Russian bath and hypertensive hypertension
The heart, under the influence of moist steam and high temperature in the steam room, begins to contract more intensively, increasing pressure. This process is like a vicious circle. Active contractions of the heart cause a rush of blood to the vessels and capillaries, which begin to expand, but its volume remains the same, and the heart is forced to increase the number of contractions.
In hypertensive patients, the contraction of the heart muscle is already increased, and an increase in blood flow intensity negatively affects the work of the entire vascular system. There is a violation of metabolic processes with a pronounced increase in heart rate to almost 160 beats.
Another aspect of visiting a Russian bath with hypertonics is a steam room, and many patients suffering from high blood pressure are interested in the question: is it possible to steam in a bath with hypertension?
Well, what a Russian bath without a steam room? The opinions of practitioners are unequivocal – it is impossible! This is especially true for hypertensive third and fourth stages.
Hypertensive in the sauna
Numerous studies in this area prove that the loads that hypertonic gets in the sauna are more gentle.
The pulse rises to 110 beats, and this is significantly less than in the Russian steam room. The cardiovascular system does not experience a sharp expansion with the filling of blood vessels and capillaries, which in turn avoids metabolic disturbances in the heart muscle and it quickly returns to normal (0,5 hours).
Stage of hypertension and bath
The opinions of specialists, therapists and cardiologists regarding the stage of hypertension and visiting the steam room are, in principle, the same. At the first and second stages of hypertensive hypertension, bath procedures do not cause harm to health, and in some cases are even desirable, especially if a cold is annoying or joints are sore. But all in moderation and no frills.
Does coffee raise or lower blood pressure? Read here.
But at the same time, “beginning hypertensives” should take into account the systematic increase in pressure, its indicators before a visit and the pulse. With normal indicators, you can even steam “with taste”, drink teas from herbs, get relaxation, apply hypertonic salt dressings. A visit to the bath can have a beneficial effect on overall well-being and improve the condition of blood vessels.
When is a hypertensive bath contraindicated?
With a prolonged course of the disease, when the pressure is constantly elevated, and the patient is registered as a hypertensive patient of the third or fourth stage, a bath with hypertension really increases the risk of complications, among which loss of consciousness is the lesser evil. And for those who suffered a heart attack or stroke – absolutely not!
Every patient with hypertension knows the extent of their disease. Doctors say that with the third and fourth stages of hypertensive hypertension, you can’t go to the bathhouse! This should be taken for granted and not take risks, increasing your chances of complication, and close ones should not add worries and worries.
What is the danger of visiting a hypertensive bath?
Chronically elevated pressure leads to the fact that the vessels that feed the brain, heart, kidneys, and organ of vision are primarily affected. They are the first to feel the changes, which leads to heart attacks, strokes, atherosclerosis, renal failure, and loss of vision.
With prolonged exposure to hot air or steam, all these organs are the first to work at increased loads and in the “weakest places” collapse occurs, which is expressed by the same heart attacks, strokes, etc. Moreover, this can happen so quickly that there is no time to “catch your breath “. And if, when visiting a bathhouse, hypertensive blood starts to flow through the nose, then you need to be glad that it flows out, and not into the brain.
Is taking a bath worth such risks, is it really necessary to bathe? It’s better to protect yourself and not be at risk! And do not forget that reviews can be the most controversial about a bath with hypertension, sanity should come first, and if you don’t want to cancel a bath, you should follow the recommendations.
A visit to the bath hypertonic. What to consider?
Anyone who is aware of his illness (hypertension) should first consult with a doctor about attending bath procedures, but besides this, there are simple rules that will make going to the bath without sad consequences.
- Measure the pressure. It does not take much time and there is confidence that everything is in order.
- In your bath bag must be present medicines.
- The head is a sore spot, and it can only be protected with a felt headgear (hat) to avoid excessive heat.
- It is not advisable for those suffering from hypertension to go to the steam room or sauna alone. It is necessary to take an accompanying person with you, who will help and cause urgency in difficult situations.
- A sharp change in temperature must not be allowed (hot steam room – cold pool or shower). This can cause a sharp narrowing of blood vessels, which will lead to a change in heart rate and pain behind the sternum and immediately increase the load on the heart.
- The steam room or sauna should be equipped with devices that control temperature and humidity. Avoid temperature rise in high humidity. The best option is +50 C at 80% humidity. And in a sauna where there is dry steam, hypertonics are allowed to be found even at +90, but with humidity not higher than 15%.
- The duration of staying in the steam room must be regulated, starting from the first short-term approach and ending with a longer stay during the remaining visits. But the most correct thing is to find a “middle ground” so that you can go to the bathhouse more often, and not limit yourself to a single visit due to overdoing.
- The place to rest should be ventilated! It is advisable to rest lying or half-sitting.
- It is necessary to refrain from eating before a bath or eat, but not enough.
- Question about herbs for tea. Herbal teas are good for the body, but hypertensive patients should be careful when choosing them. Herbs can act both lowering pressure and increasing. Before visiting the bathhouse, it is advisable to read about the properties of a particular herb, as well as take into account the methods of brewing, insisting, etc. In addition, it will not be amiss to talk to the doctor and find out his opinion.
- Alcohol and hypertension are incompatible, and even more so in the bathhouse! Do not make rash acts even if you previously allowed yourself to indulge in a beer after the steam room. By the way, soda and energy are the wrong choice to quench your thirst after a bath.
- It is necessary to have a good rest after bathing procedures so that all body systems return to normal.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,