The relevance of the treatment of hypertension, from which more than a third of the world’s population suffers, is growing every year. Specialists are alarmed not only by an increase in the number of patients, but also by a noticeable decrease in the age threshold. If earlier this pathology was considered a disease of pensioners, now very young people complain about pressure surges.
Vasodilator drugs for hypertension, with whom we want to introduce you, are necessarily included in the complex treatment regimen of the disease.
The decrease in blood pressure with the use of vasodilators is due to relaxation of the smooth muscles of the walls of blood vessels and a decrease in their tone.
As a result, the vascular lumen expands, blood flow is activated, the load on the heart muscle is reduced.
As a rule, these drugs are used for severe forms of hypertension and for the relief of hypertensive crisis. At the same time, vasodilator drugs are used in combination with β-blockers and diuretics, which avoids the accumulation of excess fluid in the body, causing swelling, the development of arrhythmias and addiction, which reduces therapeutic efficacy.
In order to have a therapeutic effect as soon as possible and to prevent the development of complications, it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- Select vasoconstrictors, prescribe their dosage and dosage regimen must be a specialist.
- It is necessary to strictly follow medical recommendations.
- The prescribed course should be completely completed, even if the level of blood pressure returned to normal soon after the start of the treatment course.
- You can not skip the next dose of the pill, as this can lead to a deterioration in the condition and a jump in pressure.
- Only a doctor can discontinue the drug or replace it with another.
Medicines aimed at narrowing the blood vessels can be divided into two groups:
- High-speed, designed to normalize the sharp rise in blood pressure.
- Included in long-term maintenance therapy, the purpose of which is to maintain normal rates.
To dilate blood vessels and lower blood pressure, these drugs are often used:
- Papaverine is an antispasmodic that causes a smooth decrease in blood pressure. Reduces vascular wall tone, relieves smooth muscle spasms, stimulates blood flow. May cause excessive hypotension, nausea, constipation, temporary weakening of potency.
- No-shpa (Drotaverinum) – lowers muscle tone, eliminates intestinal cramps without affecting the nervous system. In some cases, it causes tachycardia, headache and dizziness.
- Hydralazine – with caution is prescribed in case of pathologies of the kidneys and liver, since in such cases it is difficult to remove it from the body. The therapeutic effect is manifested within twelve hours, so the medicine should be drunk twice a day for one hundred milligrams. Side effects: palpitations, headache, heartaches in the case of a patient with coronary circulation disorders, nausea, allergic reactions.
- Dibazole is an easily digestible antispasmodic, has a quick action. Normalizes blood pressure, improves brain function. May cause dizziness, arrhythmia, nausea, allergic reactions.
- Minoxidil – used in severe forms of hypertension, has a positive effect even in cases where other similar drugs do not work. As side effects, tachycardia, swelling, and excessive pigmentation are observed.
Vasodilators can cause deterioration of health and have a number of contraindications. Therefore, they should be prescribed by a doctor, taking into account the patient’s age, the presence of certain pathologies and some other factors.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
- Calcium antagonists
- Decoctions, infusions of herbs
- Herbal teas
- Preparations for cerebral circulation
- Folk remedies with garlic
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Effective tinctures
- Collection of tinctures
- Freshly squeezed juices
- Thiazides and sulfonamides
- Folk remedies for external use
- Water procedures
- The mustard
- ACE inhibitors and diuretics
- General recommendations
Relate to a new generation of antihypertensive drugs. They are characterized by a long action, a mild side effect and a moderate price. In European countries, prescribed for high blood pressure to most patients. The mechanism of action is similar to ACE inhibitors.
|Common name||Preparations||Daily dosage (mg)||The number of receptions per day|
|Azilsartan||Edarby||from 40 to 70||one|
|Valsartan||ValsaforsDiovanNortianTantordio||from 70 to 130||one two|
|Irbesartan||AprovelIrsar||from 140 to 310||one|
|Candesartan||Candecor||from 140 to 310||one|
|Losartan||BlocktranLosarelLoristaPresartan||from 40 to 110||one two|
|Olmesartan||Cardosal||from 20 to 30||one|
|Eprosartan||Teveten||from 450 to 750||one two|
For people of advanced age, the same vasodilators are used as in other cases. But, given the weakening of the body, the slowdown of metabolic and metabolic processes, the presence of a large number of concomitant pathologies, doctors prescribe combination drugs with a minimum dose of the active compound.
The mechanism of action is based on blocking the channels through which calcium ions are involved in the contraction of muscle fibers into the middle of smooth muscle cells. With a decrease in calcium concentration, the tone of the vascular walls decreases and blood pressure drops.
|Common name||Preparations||Daily dosage (mg)||The number of receptions per day|
|Lercanidipine||ZanidipLerkamen||from 20 to 90||one|
|Nifedipine||CalcigardCordaflexCordipineNifecard||from 20 to 90||one two|
|Felodipine||PlendilFelodip||2,5 to 20||one two|
The decrease in pressure under the action of diuretics is due to the removal of excess fluid and mineral salts from the body, which reduces the load on the myocardium. When using, it is important to comply with the indicated dosage, since exceeding it can cause an increase in cholesterol, salt deposition, weakening potency, sleep disturbances, and high fatigue.
|Common name||Preparations||Daily dosage (mg)||The number of receptions per day|
|Amiloride||Moduretic||from 5 to 12||one two|
|Veroshpiron||Veroshpiron||from 25 to 60||one two|
|Hydrochlorothiazide||Hypothiazide Dichortiazide||from 13 to 55||one|
|Torasemide||BritomarDiuverTrigrim||from 2,5 to 12||one two|
|Furosemide||LasixFurosemide||from 20 to 70||one two|
Homeopathic remedies such as barium and gold salts also belong to vasodilators. They are used to relieve headaches that occur with severe forms of hypertension, with the development of complications. For the acquisition does not require a prescription, but before starting to consult with a specialist.
Although healing herbs have fewer side effects than medicines, they can only be taken after consulting a doctor. It will take into account the feasibility of use and the possibility of combining with antihypertensive drugs.
Decoctions, infusions of herbs
For preparation, plants are used that have a pronounced hypotensive effect. It is recommended to take with stable high blood pressure, the treatment of stage II-III hypertension (as an additional therapy).
The most effective recipes:
- White mistletoe has a powerful vasodilating effect. Very effective in the initial stages of hypertension. 200 ml of water, 1 tbsp. l herbs are kept on low heat for 10 minutes, do not bring to a boil. Drink 50 ml 5 times/day.
- Inflorescences, leaves, and fruits of hawthorn strengthen blood vessels, thin the blood, slow down atherosclerosis, lower blood pressure, and are useful for heart failure and tachycardia. Enhance cardiotonic effect of cardiac drugs. Mash 100 g of fresh fruits, add 20 g of inflorescences and leaves, pour a liter of boiling water. Close the lid tightly, let stand for an hour. Strain, drink 100 ml three times/day. The drug can not be combined with Cisapride, is contraindicated in acute gastritis, ulcer.
- Marshmallow caterpillar contains alkaloid gnafalin, which dilates blood vessels. For 200 ml of boiling water add 10 g of raw materials, keep on fire for 5 minutes. Insist, covering the dishes with a lid, 30 minutes. Drink for 3 times. Do not consume during pregnancy, breastfeeding.
- Dill seeds reduce pressure, cholesterol, improve digestion, intestinal motility. 30 g of seeds, 20 g of dill greens are poured with two glasses of boiling water. Drink in 4 doses.
- Clover has antisclerotic properties. It is recommended to take with hypertension, atherosclerosis. To prepare the product, you can use leaves and flowers. For 500 ml of hot water is 2 tbsp. l herbs. Take 1 tbsp. l 5 times a day before meals.
Therapy of high blood pressure with the use of folk remedies based on herbs has an accumulative principle, the results of treatment appear only after 3-4 weeks. Herbal decoctions and infusions are drunk for 30 days, then they take a break for 1-1,5 months. If necessary, repeat the course.
Compared with herbal infusions and decoctions, tea has less hypotensive effect. Such a drink is recommended to be used with unstable pressure, to prevent hypertension or eliminate the symptoms of the disease.
- Drink from Ivan tea lowers blood pressure, cholesterol, strengthens blood vessels. 1 tbsp. l raw materials steamed 200 ml of boiling water, drink warm in the morning.
- Tea from the stems of a golden mustache is recommended to drink when hypertension is accompanied by arrhythmia, tachycardia. Grind 50 g of plant stems, brew 200 ml of boiling water, let stand for 10 minutes, drink immediately, adding honey. Do not take longer than 30 days.
- A drink made from chamomile, mint, lemon balm flowers calms well, eliminates insomnia, and gently reduces pressure. For its preparation, take 2 tsp. each component, pour 300 ml of boiling water, insist 15 minutes. Drink twice/day, in the afternoon.
Another effective folk remedy for hypertension is green tea. It is very useful to drink a cup of drink every morning with a slice of lemon or honey for 1-2 months. Green tea strengthens the heart, blood vessels, improves blood, supports health.
For the treatment of arterial hypertension apply:
- Collection No. 1: 50 g of valerian root, motherwort, 20 g of yarrow, anise fruits. Drink with nervous hypertension, sleep disorders, headaches.
- Collection No. 2: 40 g each of dried cherries, viburnum berries, cinquefoil root. Normalizes heart rate, pulse, eliminates heart, headaches, evens out pressure.
- Collection No. 3: 30 g each of red rowan berries, rose hips, chamomile flowers, knotweed. Helps to cope with nausea, weakness, shortness of breath, soothes, relieves irritability, anxiety.
Preparations for cerebral circulation
To improve cerebral circulation, hypertension, it is necessary to take myotropic antispasmodics:
- Papaverine hydrochloride;
- Nikoverin, xavin;
Papaverine hydrochloride tablets or an analogue, dibazole, are aimed at reducing spasm of blood vessels. You need to take medicine 4 times a day for 0,04 g. In case of chronic cerebrovascular accident, dibazole is prescribed. The drug is taken in a course of 3 weeks, then take a break.
Medications that improve cerebral circulation, based on nicotinic acid – nicoverin and xavin, are prescribed to hypertensive patients for a 4-week course (with an increase in dosage over the course of the course). Pay attention to the side effects of these drugs – increased pigmentation on the face.
The latest drugs that normalize the blood circulation of the brain include calcium antagonists: corinfar and cordaflex (the active ingredient is nifedipine). It is recommended to take 3 times a day on a tablet.
Folk remedies with garlic
Garlic is a powerful natural antibiotic. It removes bad cholesterol, relieves vascular inflammation, improves digestion, heart function, stabilizes blood pressure.
The best recipes of folk remedies for improving the cardiovascular system:
- Garlic-lemon mixture to normalize blood pressure. Three heads of garlic, as many lemons (do not peel!) Pass through a meat grinder. Pour a liter of water and put in the refrigerator for a week. From high pressure take 1 tbsp. l up to 4 times/day. 200 g of honey can be added to the mixture.
- It is recommended to use garlic-onion infusion if hypertension develops against the background of vascular sclerosis. 10 garlic cloves, 2 lemons, 3 medium onions, pass through a meat grinder. Add 100 g of honey, a liter of cold boiled water. Mix well, insist a week. Reception begins with 1 tbsp. l times/day, then 1 tbsp. l 3 times/day.
- Milk with garlic – helps to quickly lower the pressure, it is also an effective folk remedy to improve liver function. Peel the head of garlic, pour a glass of cold milk. Cook over medium heat until the garlic cloves are tender. Take 2 tbsp. l twice/day.
To stabilize the pressure, restore vascular tone, it is enough to eat 2-3 cloves of garlic every day.
Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
With a sharp increase in pressure, it is necessary to act urgently. The main task of the drug is to expand the lumen of the blood vessels, relieve spasm, and relax the walls of arteries. For this purpose, cardiologists recommend the use of:
- No-shpa is an effective antispasmodic that reduces pressure and reduces pain. For stopping a hypertensive attack, take 2 tablets once and for prevention – 1 tablet 3 times a day.
- Theobromine is a drug that has an exciting effect on nerve endings. It is recommended to combine with papaverine hydrochloride.
- Corvalol – calms, normalizes the nervous system. The drug relieves spasm of blood vessels, normalizes the functioning of the central nervous system. If you feel worse, hypertension is recommended to dilute 30 drops of the drug in 50 ml of water.
Vasoconstrictor tablets with a minimum of side effects or their absence include: tincture and tablets of valerian, glycine, afobazole.
Sartans or angiotensin receptor blockers are prescribed for the chronic form of hypertension. The mechanism of action: the substance angiotensin affects the receptors of the blood vessels, due to which they narrow. Sartans have a persistent antihypertensive effect. Medications can be taken in a long course, since they have no contraindications.
Angiotensin receptor blockers include: losartan, telmisartan and valsartan. The minimum dosage of tablets per day is 80 mg. Medicines are taken to prevent myocardial infarction, cerebrovascular accident, impaired cardiovascular system.
Decoction of onion peel.
There are many remedies available that will also help cope with hypertension:
- A decoction of dry pomegranate peels strengthens blood vessels, increases hemoglobin, prevents blood pressure spikes. Dry the pomegranate peel, grind it into a powder with a coffee grinder. 1 tbsp. l 300 ml of water are poured into the raw materials, boiled for 10 minutes. Drink 2 times, the course of treatment – 2 weeks.
- Kefir with cinnamon is useful to drink with unstable pressure, loss of strength. For 1 cup of kefir add 2 tsp. cinnamon powder. Drink twice, before breakfast and lunch. To prevent hypertension, drink 50 ml once/day. The duration of the course is 14-30 days.
- Cranberries with honey cleans the blood vessels, removes excess fluid from the body, and replenishes the deficiency of vitamins. Knead 500 g of berries, add 50 g of honey. There are 1 tbsp. l twice/day.
- Natural apple cider vinegar fills the deficiency of magnesium and potassium, strengthens the nervous system, improves metabolism. Contains organic acids, tannins, which relieve spasms of blood vessels, restore their elasticity. From high pressure 2 tsp. vinegar is diluted with a glass of warm water, drunk in the morning on an empty stomach, can be sweetened with honey. Treatment is carried out in courses of 30 days.
- Onion peel has a diuretic effect, strengthens blood vessels, heart, which stabilizes pressure. To 500 ml of water take 2 tbsp. l husks, boil for 5 minutes. Drink 150 ml twice a day after meals.
- Chokeberry is very useful for the heart, blood vessels. Normalizes heart rate, relieves spasms, removes cholesterol. In season, it is advisable to eat 100 g of fresh berries every day. Broths are made from dry raw materials. 30 g of berries are boiled in 200 ml of water, drunk 1 time. It is best to drink it in the morning before eating.
To maintain hypertension, it is useful to drink a non-carbonated mineral water with lemon and honey. At 1,5 liters is the juice of one lemon, 1 tbsp. l honey.
Hypertension is considered one of the most dangerous diseases of the cardiovascular system. Every year, this ailment takes the lives of millions, and the main danger of the disease is in an asymptomatic course, in which a person does not even realize the threat.
The tragic consequences can be avoided by self-monitoring the level of blood pressure (BP), as well as timely access to a doctor.
If the diagnosis has already been made, the solution is vasodilator for hypertension, the selection of which is carried out according to individual indicators.
Drug therapy is prescribed after a complete examination of the body and identifying the location of the problem. Depending on the type of arterial hypertension, the lumen narrows in the vessels and arteries of the brain, heart muscle, and limbs. Each of these conditions differs in symptoms, and the drug must be selected based on the effect.
At the moment, there is no universal remedy that can immediately establish blood circulation throughout the body. That is why, the list of such drugs is quite extensive, and “experienced” hypertensives simultaneously use two or three types of tablets that dilate blood vessels and reduce blood pressure.
Types of drugs used:
- ACE inhibitors;
- Adrenaline blockers;
- Calcium channel blockers;
- Angiotensin Receptor Antagonists;
- Nootropic drugs;
- Medications for the central nervous system.
All of the above drugs for vasodilation and lowering blood pressure are intended for one purpose, but differ in the mechanism of action, as well as the effect on different parts of the blood supply system.
Ideally, a drug is selected that acts on the affected area, but does not affect other organs and tissues.
As an adjunctive therapy, it is also recommended to use drugs that strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve their elasticity.
Pressure pills that dilate blood vessels are represented by a group of adrenergic blockers. These are the so-called alpha and beta blockers, most often used in the treatment of heart disease.
The mechanism of action is inhibition of adrenaline production, a slowing of the heart rhythm. Such drugs are taken according to a special scheme, involving a gradual increase in dosage.
When taking, there may be some deterioration in well-being, which will pass over time.
The most popular medications for high blood pressure:
There are drugs with a combined effect: Aritel Plus, Ategexal Compositum, Viskaldiks, Tenonorm, Tenoretik, Lodoz, Logimaks – adrenergic blockers with diuretic effect. This combination helps to optimize the treatment, abandoning possible side effects when selecting medications.
The mechanism of action of these drugs is due to the ability to block the penetration of calcium ions into muscle cells of the heart muscle and smooth muscle of the arteries. Due to a decrease in concentration, the lumen of the vessels increases. Means have a strong effect and are used to stop attacks along with adrenergic blockers.
The most famous drugs of this kind:
In addition to increasing the lumen of blood vessels, vasodilators of this group contribute to a decrease in blood viscosity, improve circulation in the brain. Such drugs are often used in the elderly to prevent cardiovascular disease and reduce brain activity.
This is a separate group of drugs, with a mechanism of action similar to ACE inhibitors. They block the production of the hormone angiotensin 2, which helps to relax the walls of blood vessels. It should be noted that such vasodilator tablets give a significant hypotensive effect, therefore, are not used under reduced pressure.
Drugs in this group:
In this category of drugs, there are also combined preparations with a pronounced diuretic effect. These are Atakand Plus, Vazotens N, Gizaar, Co-Diovan, Coaprovel, Lozap Plus, Lorista N, Lorista ND, Mikardis Plus, Teveten Plus, Exforge.
These drugs are used to expand the vessels of the brain and improve its work, the name of the drugs in this group has an extensive assortment.
As in the case of other vasodilator and antihypertensive drugs, their choice is based on data from an individual patient examination.
Distinguish between synthetic and natural drugs, as well as folk methods to improve blood supply to the brain.
The most popular means of this action:
The use of such drugs can increase learning ability, improve memory and stimulate brain activity. This is achieved by improving the blood supply to the brain, as well as expanding the lumen of blood vessels.
If vascular compression occurs during edema or hypertension is present, excess fluid must be removed from the body. In this case, special diuretics are used that do not affect the level of potassium. Reception of such drugs is indicated for diseases of the kidneys and excretory system, and the appointment of the drug must be agreed with the doctor.
What diuretics are most in demand:
- Ethacrylic acid and its derivatives;
The dosage form involves the use of tablets and injections. The drug is administered in the morning, because it has a strong diuretic effect.
With a sharp deterioration due to experiences and nervous stress, special “heart” drops and tablets are used. They help relax the heart muscle and gently relieve vasospasm.
The most famous drugs with this effect:
A great advantage of such drugs is the ability to choose natural analogues. Vasodilator drugs of this group are mostly made from natural plant components.
If you have any problems with the cardiovascular system, you should definitely have such drugs on hand. After taking it, you must wait a while before the positive effect begins, during which the patient is shown complete rest.
Folk remedies based on alcoholic extracts from medicinal plants are most effective against high pressure, because they have a complex effect:
- restore the lipid spectrum of the blood;
- improve blood circulation to the heart, brain;
- relieve painful symptoms;
- stabilize pressure;
- improve the functioning of the nervous system;
- relieve muscle, vascular spasms.
In the treatment of hypertension, tinctures from:
- Hawthorn – helps with high blood pressure, heart rhythm disturbances, arrhythmias, tachycardia, reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke, eliminates neurosis, jumps in blood pressure;
- motherwort – soothes, relieves spasms of cerebral vessels, stabilizes the pulse;
- peony root – restores vascular tone, improves the central nervous system, increases efficiency;
- Valerian root – eliminates vascular spasms, headaches, insomnia, nervous strain, normalizes blood pressure;
- peppermint – relieves inflammation, has an antiseptic, sedative effect.
All tinctures can be bought at the pharmacy or made by yourself. The principle of preparation is one: 50 g of alcohol is 10 g of dry raw materials. The tincture is kept for 14-20 days in a dark, cool place, occasionally shaking.
Take 20-30 drops three times/day. The course of treatment is 30 days, repeated after 1-2 months break.
Of the five tinctures, you can prepare an elixir to reduce pressure. To do this, pour 25 ml of each tincture into a common bottle, shake well, clean for a week in a dark place. Take 1 tsp. 2-3 times/day, washed down with water. The duration of therapy is 1 month. If jumps in blood pressure, symptoms of the disease appear after treatment, the course is repeated, but not earlier than after 2 weeks.
Another recipe with Holosas, tincture of peony, eucalyptus
Effective tinctures help fight the problem, folk remedies for hypertension have many recipes that allow you to treat high blood pressure. The most popular are tinctures on red cones, hawthorn, peony and propolis. There are more than just one product based drugs. You can use tincture of several herbs and plants in therapy.
Speaking of effective folk methods for hypertension, red pine cones should be mentioned. The natural product is collected independently for the manufacture of healing tinctures. It helps to cope with hypertension through the normalization of pressure. It is used not only for hypertension, but also for recovery in the postoperative period after a stroke or heart attack.
Tincture of red pine cones normalizes blood flow, restores cerebral circulation, cleanses the body of toxins and toxins. The recipe has earned great popularity due to the minimum list of contraindications, among which are pancreatic diseases, endocrine disorders, and individual intolerance.
Patient reviews speak about the effectiveness of folk remedies:
- on the 3rd day the condition normalizes, the pressure decreases by 15-20 units;
- with regular use of tincture, there is a decrease in the risk of blood clots, which is important for pathology;
- patients note a general strengthening of the body that the medicine provides, a positive attitude during treatment;
- pressure surges after the completed course are unlikely for 3 months.
To prepare the tincture correctly, you must follow these steps:
- in July or June to collect red cones;
- rinse with water;
- pour raw materials into a container (jar) of 1 liter;
- pour vodka or alcohol;
- put in a place free from sunlight and light;
- insist for at least 3 weeks;
- observe the temperature regime, it should not exceed 40 degrees of heat.
After the time allotted for the infusion, clean the tincture with gauze. The filtered drink will have a dark red tint. It is recommended to use tincture three times a day for 1 teaspoon, half an hour before meals. Can be mixed with tea or water. The average course of treatment is 1-2 months.
To use hawthorn as a medicine, it is necessary to collect its flowers in the early summer, when the bush is just starting to bloom. Berries that should be stored with flowers in a breathable place will also benefit.
The beneficial properties of hawthorn include:
- cardiovascular muscle strengthening;
- reduced risk of sclerotic vascular changes;
- acceleration of blood flow;
- heart disease prevention;
- general strengthening of the body;
- blood pressure stabilization;
- elimination of tachycardia, which is often inherent in hypertensive patients.
- 20 gr. dried flowers of hawthorn and berries pour 30 ml. alcohol or vodka;
- pour into a special dish that does not transmit light;
- insist for 14 days.
Take tincture is recommended three times a day for 1 tbsp. spoon before eating. The average course of therapy lasts a month. After that, a break of 2-3 months should be taken and therapy can be repeated.
Tincture of hawthorn is not recommended during pregnancy and feeding, with individual intolerance.
Collection of tinctures
There is an excellent folk remedy for hypertension. It is based on a variety of tinctures: peony, motherwort, valerian, eucalyptus, peppermint. All necessary components can be purchased at any pharmacy.
To prepare an effective tincture, it is recommended to follow all the rules. You need to purchase the following number of components:
- motherwort – 4 pcs.;
- peony – 1 bubble;
- eucalyptus – 2 pcs.;
- valerian – 1 bottle;
- peppermint – 1 bottle (25 ml.).
All tinctures are mixed, 10 columns of carnations are added to them. Pour into a container, put in a place inaccessible to sunlight and light. Leave for 2 weeks. Take 3 times a day, 20 minutes before eating, 1 teaspoon.
This collection is considered the most effective against hypertension, each individual component performs a number of useful properties that have a positive effect on the normalization of pressure.
Beta-blockers are added to the combination therapy of arterial hypertension – drugs recommended for the prevention of repeated myocardial infarction, patients with angina pectoris, heart failure.
The action of adrenergic blockers is based on the blockade of renin, a component that constricts blood vessels. The course of treatment is prescribed for 4 weeks, after – the treatment of hypertension occurs with the help of diuretics (tablets with a diuretic effect). Cardiologists prescribe drugs: carvedilol, sotalol, oxprenolol, nadolol, atenolol, bisoprolol, nebivolol, lokren.
Adrenergic blockers must be withdrawn gradually, over the course of several weeks, otherwise a sharp upward pressure surge is possible.
Freshly squeezed juices
With high pressure, vegetable and fruit juices are another affordable and effective folk remedy for the fight against vascular diseases. They contain minerals, vitamins, amino acids that tone the body, protect the walls of blood vessels from damage, improve blood flow.
The most effective juices for hypertension:
- beetroot – reduces bad cholesterol, cleanses blood vessels from atherosclerotic plaques, improves blood;
- carrot – strengthens the walls of blood vessels, prevents damage, spasms, improves blood circulation;
- cucumber – restores the acid-base balance of the body, eliminates edema, maintains the balance of potassium and magnesium.
For the treatment of hypertension, it is better to use vegetable juices, because fruit juices contain a lot of sugar, which can be contraindicated in diabetes mellitus and obesity.
Juice therapy to reduce pressure:
- carrot juice, celery – 50/50 ml, drink once/day;
- juice of carrots, beets, cucumber – 50/25/25 ml, with frequent headaches add 20 ml of kiwi juice, drink twice/day;
- juice of carrots, apple, orange – 50/25/50 ml, twice/day.
10 ml of garlic and onion juice can be added to each mixture.
Freshly squeezed juices are drunk immediately after preparation, in the morning.
Normal fresh juices from vegetables, fruits, berries help to normalize the pressure. It is recommended to cook them yourself at home. Pay attention to the cucumber, carrots, beets and other products that help fight the disease.
- Beetroot juice is one of the best natural remedies for hypertension. Its constant use helps to cleanse the body of cholesterol plaques, strengthen the immune system, and neutralize free radicals.
Beetroot juice should be drunk carefully for people with digestive problems. It is quite difficult for the gastrointestinal tract. It is better to alternate its intake with other juices. Making juice is easy. Rinse the vegetable thoroughly, peel it and place it in a juicer. In the absence of special equipment, grate 3-5 vegetables on a fine grater and place the mixture in gauze. Squeeze the beets to get a smooth juice. Take at lunchtime after eating.
- Cucumber juice allows you to cleanse the body of toxins and toxins, normalize the digestive tract. It should be used as a comprehensive tool in the fight against hypertension. It is recommended to drink 1 glass of fresh cucumber juice daily for a week to cleanse the body and increase defenses.
- Carrot juice has been known for its healing properties since ancient times. It was used by grandmothers to treat a variety of diseases, including the regulation of blood pressure. Carotenoids, which are part of the vegetable, help strengthen blood vessels and improve digestion. Apply juice in 1 cup per day, alternating with other healthy drinks for a month.
- Kiwi juice strengthens blood flow, cleanses blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation. It is recommended to take it also in order to maintain the daily norm of ascorbic acid, which is necessary to strengthen the immune system. Kiwi juice is easy to prepare, you can crush the pulp and rinse it through cheesecloth into a glass. It is enough to drink 200 ml of juice daily.
Thiazides and sulfonamides
The list of vasodilator drugs for hypertension, which should be in the hypertensive medicine cabinet, applies to thiazides and sulfonamides. These are medications that normalize the functioning of the urinary system: hypothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide, cyclomethiazide. After taking the pill, the patient improves the process of urine excretion from the body, which helps to reduce vascular edema, increase the lumen, and normalize blood circulation.
Please note that the therapeutic effect of thiazides begins 2 hours after taking the pill. Recommended single dosage: 50 mg. Possible side effects are tremor of the extremities, indigestion, vasculitis, weight loss, allergic reaction, local paresthesia.
With hypertension of 2,3 degrees, sulfonamides are prescribed: indopamide, arifon, oxodoline, chlortalidone, atenolol, tenoric, acripamide, indal. Medications reduce the likelihood of myocardial infarction, stroke. Dosage: 2,5 mg once. Prolonged use of drugs provokes neurological disorders (depressive states and nervousness).
Folk remedies for external use
Baths, compresses, rubdowns gently reduce blood pressure, eliminate unpleasant symptoms, prevent hypertensive crises.
The most effective means to improve well-being are not used to prevent disease.
Quickly reduce the pressure will help:
- Apple cider vinegar is mixed with water in equal proportions. Moisten gauze, apply to the heels, hold for 10-15 minutes. With an aqueous solution, you can wipe the whiskey if your head hurts.
- Chop the head of garlic, insist for half an hour, pour 500 ml of water. In the finished solution, gauze is moistened, applied to the feet, wrists, hold for 5 minutes.
You can not do compresses with a hypertensive crisis, they are not so effective as to immediately reduce excessively high blood pressure to normal.
In 80% of cases, the cause of hypertension is frequent stress, fatigue, lack of proper rest. It relieves stress well with a contrast shower, washing face, neck with cool water, rubbing with a wet towel.
The following folk remedies reduce high blood pressure, improve the functioning of the nervous system:
- Salt baths are taken before bedtime, the water temperature is 50-60 0 C. Dissolve 500 g of salt in water, you can add the essential oil of lemon, mint, lavender or rosemary. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. It is advisable to do daily 7 days in a row.
- Baths with mustard strengthen blood vessels, increase tone, relax, normalize blood pressure. Dilute 100 g of powder in 10 l of warm water, pour into a bath, take 20 minutes. After the procedure, rinse the body with warm water. Go to bed right away.
- Contrast foot baths. Prepare two containers with different water temperatures: in one – 20-25 0 С, in the other – 35 0 С. They start with warm water, keep their feet for 5 minutes to keep them warm, then put them in cold water for 1 minute. You need to alternate the baths 11 times.
To enhance the antihypertensive effect, you can experiment with the composition of the liquid for foot baths. For example, soda perfectly relieves fatigue, swelling, heaviness in the legs, salt improves blood circulation, needles dilate blood vessels, increases blood flow.
Perhaps the most affordable and simple folk remedy for hypertension, circulatory disorders. The therapeutic effect is due to mustard essential oil, which dilates blood vessels, enhances blood flow.
When placing mustard plasters on the neck, nape, shoulders, it causes an outflow of blood from the brain, lowers blood pressure. It can be used against the background of a hypertensive crisis, but only as an adjuvant.
ACE inhibitors and diuretics
Hypertensive patients are prescribed vasoconstrictor drugs for hypertension – angiotensin-inhibiting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. The action of drugs is aimed at blocking the enzyme angiotensin 1 in its active form – angiotensin 2. This leads to the expansion of blood vessels and a drop in pressure.
ACE inhibitors include tablets: capoten, captopril, renitec, renipril, ednit, enam, diroton, dapril, lisinotone, perinev, hartil, acupro, hinapril. Depending on the stage of hypertension, a certain type of ACE inhibitor is selected.
The drug Kapoten is most often prescribed for hypertensive crises, in other cases, the tablets are ineffective. Long-term use of inhibitors is not recommended, patients begin dry tearing cough.
Diuretics have a persistent diuretic effect: they stimulate the functioning of the kidneys and excretory system. Diuretic drugs remove sodium and excess fluid from the body, exerting a vasoconstrictor effect.
Patients in old age are recommended to take diazuretics from the group of thiazides, since they have practically no contraindications. Hypothiazide tablets are generally prescribed at a dosage of 25 mg. With hypertension of 2,3 degrees, it is recommended to take furasemide, torasemide, veroshpiron, amiloride, drugs with ethacrylic acid.
To combat hypertension at home should be comprehensive. In addition to folk remedies, you need:
- The right diet. The basis of the diet should be vegetables and fruits. Fractional nutrition – 5-6 times/day. At high pressure, salt intake is limited to 3 g/day. From fried, salted, smoked, semi-finished products, prepared food, fatty foods will have to be abandoned.
- Daily walks. Fresh air enriches the blood with oxygen. Cardiologists recommend going to the fresh air 2-3 times/day, it is very useful to take a walk before bed for about 20 minutes to improve sleep.
- Active lifestyle. Nothing worsens the condition of blood vessels like lack of mobility. Intensive training for hypertension is unacceptable. However, light running, walking, swimming, a simple warm-up in the morning will only benefit.
- Respiratory gymnastics is a simple, effective tool that improves the state of hypertension. Proper breathing normalizes the functioning of the heart, enriches the blood with oxygen, improves blood circulation to tissues and organs.
- Alcohol and cigarettes are bad habits that must be completely abandoned. They increase the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, cause shortness of breath, overload the heart, and make vessels fragile. If you do not give up alcohol and cigarettes, hypertension quickly takes a chronic course with frequent hypertensive crises.
- Coffee, strong black tea, tonic drinks are contraindicated in hypertensive patients. They cause vasoconstriction, which provokes an increase in arterial parameters. It is much more useful to drink green tea, chicory, decoctions of herbs.
The use of folk remedies does not give a quick result and cannot replace the intake of strong antihypertensive drugs. However, it helps to improve the patient’s condition, reduce the risk of side effects and the dosage of the drugs taken.
General nurse. Over 40 years of work experience. Retired copywriter.