A diet regimen to minimize cholesterol can be based upon a mix of various foods. To substantially minimize blood cholesterol, it is vital to observe an advised diet regimen for a long period of time, at the very least 6 months.
In order to pick the optimum food selection, the physician should recognize every little thing concerning the client: the outcomes of evaluations, concomitant illness, of training course, sex as well as age. It is important to know, for example, that women under 30 as well as after 40 years of age have a different metabolic rate. And men, for example, need more calories in their daily diet. In connection with these factors, each daily nutrition program selects the appropriate daily balance of proteins, fats as well as carbohydrates.
Comparison of the most popular of them will help to understand the different types of diets that regulate high cholesterol.
A Mediterranean cholesterol-lowering diet is recommended for people with atherosclerotic disease, hypertension, as well as overweight. The basis of such nutrition is the abundance of cheeses, meat, fish as well as spices. Nevertheless, these products combine perfectly as well as positively affect high cholesterol. List of foods in the diet:
- Spices as well as herbs.
- Soft cheeses, such as feta.
- Olive oil.
- Fish, mussels, shrimp.
- Bird, lamb.
- Red wine in moderation.
- Unleavened cakes of wheat flour (pitta).
- Vegetables and fruits.
- Greek yoghurt.
- For breakfast: lentil pancakes three things, flavored with yogurt.
- For lunch, eat cream soup with brussels sprouts with the addition of shrimp; fruit platter and salad with olives and tofu.
- You can have dinner with pita, stuffing it with feta cubes and salad (cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, a couple of olives).
- A good start to the day is cottage cheese and buckwheat zrazy.
- Dinner snack – light soup with lentils, risotto with vegetables.
- A good mood in the evening will provide baked salmon, flavored with olive oil, with Provencal herbs.
- Morning meal – buckwheat, cooked on a vegetable broth.
- At lunch, tuna baked with vegetables will recover; tomato puree soup.
- For dinner: salad with chicken breast and avocado, flavored with olive oil, pita.
- Breakfast: yogurt with chopped hazelnuts and almonds, you can add a little honey.
- Light lunch meal: soup with fish meatballs, baked potatoes with tomatoes.
- Dinner: a salad of vegetables with the addition of one egg, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Breakfast: oatmeal on the water, with the addition of honey and raisins.
- It will give energy at lunch – soup puree from spinach leaves and asparagus with liquid cream; lightly cooked salmon with wild rice.
- Dinner: bake a pie with small cherry tomatoes and feta, on a cake made from wholemeal flour, you can additionally crush tofu with cubes.
- Breakfast: dried fruit soufflé, green tea.
- For lunch – cabbage soup, stewed chicken with vegetables, one pita.
- For dinner – zucchini with feta in the oven, pita with avocado and olive oil.
- For breakfast: pour baked pumpkin with yogurt and honey.
- Lunch: cream soup of champignons and chanterelles; Garlic grated chicken with sweet pepper in the oven.
- Dinner: Braised wild rice with mussels and shrimp.
For snacks between main meals, you can use dates, prunes, raisins, almonds. Such a diet will not only help tidy up high cholesterol, but also reduce body weight.
Examples of a low cholesterol diet menu
Cholesterol is a substance in the class of fatty alcohols. Its normal concentration is maintained due to the endogenous fraction (which is produced by liver cells) and exogenous (comes from the outside through food). With improper nutrition, when the diet is dominated by foods rich in animal fats, this balance is disturbed.
A cholesterol-free diet helps to quickly improve lipid metabolism. A diet without cholesterol contributes to the normalization of this indicator in the blood serum with atherosclerosis. There are principles without which the diet will be ineffective:
- during the day it is optimal to eat at least 5-6 times, but the size of one serving should not exceed 250 grams;
- dinner no later than 4 hours before going to bed;
- the daily norm of drinking water is 2–3,5 liters – internal organs can quickly cope with excess fat component;
- nutrition should be limited in salt – low-salt diet eliminates the accumulation of fluid and cholesterol by the body;
- heat treatment of food according to diet recipes should be carried out by cooking, baking, cooking with steam;
- a person adhering to this diet needs to get rid of bad habits (smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol);
- You should regularly engage in sports, walk in the fresh air.
Before you begin to fight high cholesterol, you should visit a nutritionist. This must be done to calculate the body mass index, determine the ratio of fat and muscle tissue in the body. A nutritionist will help you individually choose the right diet.
The cholesterol diet involves the division of products into several groups: Some of them can be eaten at least every day, others should be consumed sparingly, and others should be removed from your menu once and for all. All of them are indicated in the table, which is considered a reminder for the patient.
All product categories are marked in blue. Green highlighted food that can be consumed daily. Yellow indicates products that are best avoided. Red color indicates products that are prohibited with plaques in vessels. Having studied this table, you can get an idea of proper nutrition. This will help normalize serum cholesterol.
Proper nutrition, which involves the rejection of foods high in cholesterol, is considered a standard hypocholesterol diet. The media offer an additional selection of dietary regimen designed to lower the concentration of serum cholesterol to normal values. A nice bonus will be getting rid of extra pounds, improving overall well-being.
Dietary nutrition in addition to the expected benefits can cause irreparable damage to the body. Hypocholesterol diet does not always go unnoticed. Its consequences may be:
- Metabolic disease. The stress that the body receives during the diet, slows down the metabolism. And this, as a rule, is the key to the deposition of extra pounds.
- Deterioration of the body’s immune defense. Severe nutritional restrictions can reduce the immune response. Therefore, even on a diet, it is advisable to ensure that the body receives the necessary vitamins and minerals in sufficient quantities.
- Risk of dehydration. A prerequisite for each diet is compliance with the drinking regime. If you neglect this, a lot of life-giving moisture will leave the body. This will lead to dehydration, which leads to negative consequences.
- Cholesterol-free diets should be used with caution in people with heart disease. The condition may worsen.
- Problems with the skin and its derivatives. Lack of nutrients during the diet negatively affects the condition of the skin, nail plates, hair.
- Disruption of the hormonal background. A sharp restriction in the use of cholesterol with food can cause hormonal disorders.
A diet with high cholesterol is useful as a prophylaxis for overweight people, with diseases of the digestive tract, cardiovascular system.
- breakfast – cottage cheese, green tea;
- lunch – fruit salad, juice;
- lunch – beetroot soup, chicken breast with boiled potatoes and herbs, compote;
- afternoon tea – diet bread, chamomile tea;
- dinner – fish cakes with zucchini or eggplant, tea;
- at night – kefir.
- breakfast – buckwheat, ginger drink;
- lunch – 1-2 apples, juice;
- lunch – cabbage soup from fresh cabbage, baked fish with a salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, tea;
- afternoon tea – yogurt, biscuits, compote;
- dinner – vegetable casserole, tea;
- at night – yogurt.
- breakfast – cheesecakes with sour cream, juice;
- lunch – vegetable salad with olive oil, tea;
- lunch – vegetable puree soup, stewed veal with asparagus, tea;
- afternoon snack – yogurt with muesli, kissel;
- dinner – fish cakes with mashed potatoes, salad, tea;
- at night – kefir.
If there are no contraindications, you can periodically arrange fasting days. For example, an apple day. Eat about 1 kilogram of apples per day. For breakfast, cottage cheese, for lunch – boiled meat without a side dish, before bedtime kefir. Or a curd day: casserole, cheesecakes, pure curd (about 500 g), fruits. Fasting days should not be done even more than 1 time per month.
- Do not add cheese to the meat. It doubles the amount of unhealthy fats, calories.
- If you really want sweets, you can eat a bar of soy chocolate or a couple of slices of real dark chocolate with a high content of cocoa beans.
- In various recipes for cooking, replace eggs with proteins. One egg – 2 squirrels.
- When cooking meat broth, be sure to drain the first water in which the meat was cooked.
- Discard mayonnaise and other sauces completely. Dress salads with oil, lemon juice. To make the taste of meat more saturated, add spices or herbs.
Any diet should be combined with physical exercise, smoking cessation and alcohol, in compliance with the everyday routine.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
Mediterranean diet regimen, its effectiveness
In addition to the classic diet, which helps reduce the number of low density lipoproteins in the blood, there is another option for therapeutic nutrition – the Mediterranean. It also effectively lowers cholesterol, but has its own differences.
The everyday menu is compiled taking into account the following recommendations:
- for breakfast – cereals: granola, cereals on the water, bran;
- for lunch – pasta, fish or meat dishes;
- for dinner – protein foods, supplemented with vegetables or fruits.
The method of cooking is baking in the oven in foil, boiling cooking in a double boiler or slow cooker. With high cholesterol, fried foods, any kind of fast food, are strictly prohibited.
Products for the daily menu:
- dried fruits (except raisins);
- skim milk products;
- nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds (without salt and oil);
- from oils – only olive;
- whole wheat bread;
- cereals – brown rice, bulgur, millet, barley;
- alcohol is allowed – only red wine, not more than 150 ml per day at dinner.
Products are introduced on the menu 3-5 times a week:
- red sea fish (trout, salmon);
- skinless chicken breast;
- eggs (protein);
- sweets – honey, kozinaki.
Red meat (lean beef or veal) is introduced into the diet 4 times a month.
The Mediterranean diet involves three meals a day, plus afternoon and evening light snacks. Duration from 3 to 5 months.
- breakfast – oatmeal in skim milk, bread with cheese, green tea;
- lunch – baked eggplant or peppers with fish, tea;
- dinner – red fish with tomatoes, a glass of wine.
- breakfast – boiled millet, Feta cheese, green tea;
- lunch – baked fish, garnished with pasta, green tea;
- dinner – fish cakes with carrot salad, juice.
- breakfast – buckwheat, weak black tea;
- lunch – bean soup, vegetable stew, a piece of hard cheese, tea or coffee;
- dinner – boiled fish or chicken breast, tea.
Light snacks are recommended. In the afternoon, it is always fruit; in the evening – dairy products (kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese mixed with dried fruits).
General nurse. Over 40 years of work experience. Retired copywriter.
More about the author
Last Updated: August 22, 2019
Fighting high cholesterol can be done not only medically, a special diet can be significantly improved if a patient chooses to restrict foods high in cholesterol. The problem of developing a diet for people with high cholesterol in the blood has been addressed by many well-known nutritionists.
As a result, they developed ideal recommendations for catering for patients with this type of pathology. With hypercholesterolemia, a diet can be prescribed as an addition to the main treatment or as a preventive measure to prevent the development of pathology. Products with this diet are selected in order to normalize the metabolism as well as battle weight problems.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.