The mechanism of action of this group of drugs that improve cerebral circulation is based on stimulation of the functions of nerve tissue, restoration of cells and connections between them. The use of nootropics does not give a vasodilating effect as such. However, due to the activation of metabolic processes in the brain cells, oxygen starvation is prevented.
The most popular and effective drug in this category is Piracetam tablets or capsules. It restores the membranes of nerve cells, neural connections, prevents spasms of cerebral vessels. Another aspect of the therapeutic effect of this nootropic is the prevention of platelet aggregation. As a result of regular administration of the drug, not only cerebral circulation is restored, but also intellectual and mnestic disorders are eliminated.
These drugs have an active stimulating effect on all metabolic processes in the brain, help tissues withstand the lack of oxygen, and contribute to improving memory and intelligence. Some drugs of this group are produced from the brain tissue of large animals, therefore, they contain natural amino acids that are easily absorbed by the body.
Particularly popular drugs are:
- Glycine. He copes with stress, nervous system excitability and psycho-emotional instability. Long-term use of it helps to increase intellectual performance. This drug is recommended for admission to students who are preparing for exams, because it not only improves blood flow, but also memory. You need to take it 1 tablet up to 3 times a day, laying under the tongue and waiting for complete dissolution. Price from 30 rub.
- Piracetam is recommended for people with reduced attention, frequent dizziness, distraction, and Aizheimer’s disease. It helps in a short time to improve brain function. The dose is calculated depending on body weight: 150 mg / kg up to 3-4 times a day for 2 months. Cost from 60 rub.
They help not only improve blood flow in the brain, but are also recommended for treatment:
- asthenic syndrome;
- vegetative dystonia;
- cerebral ischemia.
Nootropic drugs are prescribed by a neurologist after a comprehensive examination.
Herbal extract preparations
To achieve better blood supply to the vessels of the brain, doctors prescribe the following groups of drugs:
- vasodilator – vasodilators;
- preventing thrombosis – antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants;
- nootropics affecting higher brain activity;
- alpha-adrenergic blockers – lower blood pressure, relieve spasms.
Once in the human body, these medicines have a complex effect on blood vessels and blood cells:
- dilate blood vessels;
- reduce platelet adhesion;
- reduce blood viscosity;
- increase the plasticity of red blood cells;
- provide brain cells with glucose and oxygen, increase their resistance to hypoxia.
Popular drugs are considered to improve memory and cerebral circulation, belonging to the group of nootropics. They restore the brain after hypoxia, strokes, skull injuries, but do not affect blood circulation. Nootropics stimulate metabolic processes in affected tissues. This group of drugs includes:
- Piracetam and analogues;
- Pyridoxine and its derivatives (Encephabol);
- neuroamino acids – Phenibut, Pantogam, Picamilon (has a strong calming effect), Glutamic acid, Glycine;
- choline alfoscerate;
- ginkgo biloba and its derivatives;
- sodium oxybutyrate – has a strong hypnotic effect.
At the first signs of manifestation of cerebrovascular insufficiency, it is recommended to take the homeopathic drug Golden iodine. It helps to cope with tinnitus, headaches, gait instability and weak memory. Doctors are not always positive about homeopathy, but if the patient, with the help of a specialist, selects the appropriate one (for example, Microhydrin), then the effect will be pronounced and stable.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
Excipients work well to improve blood circulation in the brain. An important element of complex therapy are vitamins:
- Ascorutin – a drug with vitamin C and rutin, is intended to strengthen the walls of the capillaries, is prescribed prophylactically;
- nicotinic acid – prescribed only by a doctor, used for electrophoresis, improves blood supply to the brain with cervical osteochondrosis;
- complexes of B vitamins – Milgamma, Pentovit, Neuromultivit.
Pills to improve cerebral circulation can also be vasodilating. They affect not only the vessels of the brain, but also the circulatory system as a whole, improve the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the cells, and stabilize blood flow. Vasodilator drugs include:
- calcium antagonists (dihydropyridines) – blockers of slow calcium channels, relax arterial walls without affecting the venous;
- Cinnarizine, Fezam, Omaron – drugs of the latest generations, affect the whole body, are used as directed by a doctor;
- first generation – Nifedipine, Finoptin, Diazem;
- second generation – Isradipine, Klentiazem;
- third generation – Norvask, Amlodipine.
Anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents will help reduce blood viscosity and improve its fluidity. Due to their properties, cerebral circulation is normalized. Drugs are used for the risk of ischemia. The following medicines are recognized as the most effective:
- antiplatelet agents (prevent the formation of blood clots) – Aspirin, Aspilate, Acuprin, Curantil, Trental;
- anticoagulants (improve microcirculation of capillaries) – Warfarin, Kleksan, Heparin. Fraxiparin.
Vascular preparations (flavonoids) are designed to improve blood circulation in the brain due to tonic and firming effects. They cleanse the body of toxins. The group includes herbal preparations, which, when used, have no effect on the functioning of the heart. Aids from flavonoids are:
- Ginkgo biloba preparations (Tanakan, Bilobil) – relieve cramping, improve microcirculation, relieve swelling, and normalize intracranial pressure;
- funds with a small periwinkle (Cavinton, Vinpocetine) – antispasmodics, do not allow blood clots to form, increase blood flow velocity. Only a doctor prescribes them, self-medication is unacceptable, since these are potent drugs that have a number of contraindications.
Antithrombotic drugs that lower blood viscosity and prevent clogging of blood vessels are called antiplatelet agents. Their intake increases capillary microcirculation, improves blood flow. These include:
- angioprotectors – Curantil, Doxy-Hem, Wasonit, Pentoxifylline – are available in the form of dragees, solution for infusion, tablets;
- tablets and solution for intravenous administration – Anginal, Koribon, Trankokard, Aprikor, Parsedil.
Among the potent drugs to improve cerebral circulation can be identified drugs, which include nicotinic acid. They do not affect large vessels, but expand the capillaries, strengthen their walls and lower blood cholesterol. They are used only as prescribed by the doctor (injection or tablets) and under control to prevent complications and side effects. Here are some popular drugs:
Preparations for improving blood circulation in the vessels of the brain from the group of microcirculation correctors control the condition of capillaries, improve overall well-being, neutralize dizziness, unsteadiness of gait, and alleviate the symptoms of chronic and acute diseases. The duration of the course of admission is determined by the doctor, depending on how severe the disease is. Popular drugs are:
Cerebral circulation, the treatment of which the neurologist should select, can be restored with herbal remedies. They are well suited for people with serious health problems, because they have almost no contraindications and undesirable manifestations.
Among these drugs are especially in demand:
- Periwinkle-based medicines. They help relieve spasm from blood vessels, normalize metabolic processes and microcirculation, and reduce the risk of blood clots. Cavinton is especially popular, which is recommended for patients with atherosclerosis or after a stroke. It perfectly improves metabolism in brain cells. Take 10 mg 3 times a day for at least 3 months. Price from 200 rub.
- Medicines with ginkgo biloba. They have a complex effect on the blood flow: relieve spasm, normalize microcirculation, remove edema, and activate the protective functions of blood vessels. This category of drugs includes Bilobil, recommended for insomnia, impaired mental ability, causeless fears. Available in capsules, take 1 pc. 3 times a day for at least 90 days. Price from 50 rub.
If the patient was prescribed these drugs, then in no case should he take medications aimed at diluting blood simultaneously with them. The risk of cerebral hemorrhage is increased.
These funds are prescribed only by a neurologist. Their action is aimed at maintaining the elasticity of the walls of the vessels. Some vitamins and minerals have a similar effect. Well improve blood flow in the brain and improve memory drugs that contain vitamin R.
This group includes:
- Ascorutin is recommended for use in patients with capillary lesions and retinal hemorrhage. If you undergo a course of treatment with it, then you can reduce the fragility of the capillaries, increase the elasticity of the vessels. The recommended dose per day is up to 2 tablets three times a day for at least 1 month. Price from 40 rub.
- Blueberries Forte helps improve the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels, reduces the risk of hemorrhage in the brain. On the day, it is recommended to take 2 tablets in the morning and evening for two months. Price from 80 rub.
Minerals help to cope with circulatory problems:
- Greenwit is recommended for people who often forget about the headache, headaches, hearing loss and ringing in the ears. This drug perfectly restores blood flow, prevents the formation of blood clots and prevents stroke. Take 1 capsule up to 3 times a day for half an hour before eating, for 1 month. To get the maximum effect, you need to drink the drug for a year according to the system, take 1 month, then 1 month break and so on 6 times. Price from 50 rub.
- Flavitis is prescribed to patients who have negative changes in blood flow, with forgetfulness and age-related changes in brain tissue. The drug well restores the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels, reduces the risk of stroke. The main dose of 135 mg in the morning and in the evening or 160 mg in a single dose during meals for 30 days. Price from 900 rub.
These medicines are taken both for therapeutic purposes for problems with blood flow, and as a preventive measure. They are allowed to drink without even consulting a neurologist, but it is important to carefully study the instructions in order to know about all the side effects and contraindications.
Sometimes a neurologist can advise patients to take drugs that contain nicotinic acid. Such drugs do not affect the main system of vessels, they help to expand small capillaries. Niacin helps to improve the condition of the walls of blood vessels, helps to remove cholesterol from the blood.
Among this type of drugs are particularly popular:
- Nicotinic acid, which is recommended for patients with blood flow problems in the brain and who have suffered an ischemic stroke. The medicine reduces the fragility of capillaries, improves the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels. It is recommended to take 1-2 tablets up to 3 times a day for 1 month. Price from 20 rub.
- Nikoshpan perfectly relieves spasm of cerebral vessels, has a pronounced vasodilating effect. Take the drug 1 tablet up to 3 times a day after meals. The course is selected individually for each patient. Price from 160–180 rubles.
Cerebral circulation, the drug treatment of which is based on the use of drugs with nicotinic acid, cannot always be restored, since the dose and course must be correctly selected. Otherwise, self-medication can lead to serious complications.
Antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants
The capacity of the arteries is affected not only by the tone of the muscle layer or the presence of atherosclerotic cholesterol plaques. With an increase in blood viscosity or the presence of blood clots in the bloodstream, blood circulation also slows down. To solve these problems in the arsenal of modern medicine there are two groups of drugs. The first is antiplatelet agents, which prevent the adhesion (aggregation) of platelets and red blood cells or their adhesion (adhesion) to the walls of blood vessels.
The most famous of the drugs in this group is acetylsalicylic acid or Aspirin. It is quite effective, but it is used with caution for treatment, since it often causes gastrointestinal irritation. Less toxic antiplatelet agents are drugs such as dipyridamole, clopidogrel, and pentoxifylline.
The second group – anticoagulants – dilutes blood. The mechanism of action of the medication can be direct or indirect. In the first case, the active substance inhibits coagulation factors directly in the bloodstream. In the second, the synthesis of these compounds is blocked in the liver cells. Among anticoagulants, warfarin, antithrombin, dicumarin are most often used.
These two types of drugs are prescribed to improve the quality of blood flow through the capillaries and reduce blood viscosity. They also normalize blood circulation in the brain. Antiplatelet agents prevent blood clots and prevent the development of thromboembolism.
Most often, neurologists recently prefer such drugs:
Thromboass helps relieve symptoms of a stroke and circulatory problems in the brain. It reduces blood clots. Take the drug at 50-100 mg per day before meals, while always taking pills with plenty of flu >
Antiplatelet agents are selected only after the patient has passed a number of laboratory tests, the course is individual for each. The action of anticoagulants is aimed at reducing blood coagulation and improving microcirculation in the capillaries.
Among a wide variety of drugs of this group, their effectiveness has been proved:
- Fragmin is taken as a prevention of blood clots. It has a direct effect on the blood system responsible for coagulation. It is recommended to take 2500 IU before surgery or at the same dose after surgery for 7 days. Cost from 600 rub.
- Fraxiparin is prescribed as a prevention of blood clots. The drug has an antithrombotic effect. Available in the form of a solution for injection. 1 mg is administered 0,3 time per day subcutaneously. Price from 200 rub.
These drugs are recommended only as prescribed by a neurologist. In order to prevent complications, the patient is recommended to periodically take a hemocoagulogram and blood for biochemistry.
Types of drugs to improve cerebral circulation
In medicine, there are two types of signs of impaired blood circulation in the brain:
- Focal: stroke, cerebral infarction, blood flow to the subshell region.
- Diffuse: minor multiple changes in the brain matter, minor hemorrhages and benign formations, small necrotic foci of brain tissue.
The article describes in detail methods for treating cerebrovascular accidents.
But there are several common signs that will help determine that cerebral circulation is impaired, and you need to urgently go to a neurologist so that he can prescribe the right treatment with drugs:
- periodic pain in the head;
- difficulty writing, reading and speaking;
- paralysis and paresis;
- unpleasant tingling in the body;
- blurred vision and hearing;
- memory impairment.
There are also a number of signs of impaired blood flow due to mental or physical stress:
- noise and pain in the head;
- decrease in working capacity;
All these conditions should force a person to go to a neurologist who will find the cause and select effective medications that help restore blood flow and prevent complications.
|Type of drugs||Description||Examples|
|Drugs that specifically affect blood vessels||Their direct effect on the blood vessels of the brain has not yet been fully studied, which is why undesirable manifestations are associated with blood flow. This group includes some types of antispasmodics, which positively affect the entire system of blood vessels.||Papaverine, Novitropan or Spazmalgon showed good results.|
|Medications that help improve metabolism in every brain cell.||A small part of them are nootropics. They have a positive effect on all brain functions. Their action is aimed at improving memory, increasing efficiency, removing negative effects after injuries and past illnesses.||In this group, such drugs: Nootropil, Phenibut, Pantogam.|
|Blood clots||These include antiplatelet agents.||Among them: Aspirin cardio, Triflusal, Dipyridamole.|
|Herbal remedies||They help improve blood flow in the brain, memory, increase metabolism in neurons, and perfectly protect cell membranes.||This group includes: Telektol, Cavinton, Bravinton.|
|Combination drugs||They have a complex effect on the brain, thereby increasing the effectiveness of treatment||These include vazobral, instenon and pentaxifylline.|
Cerebral circulation, the treatment of which the neurologist should individually select for each patient, can be normalized, the main thing is to follow all the recommendations.
Similar drugs are recommended to provide a sufficient rush of blood to each brain cell. They help prevent oxygen starvation, nourish cells with all the necessary useful components, have a positive effect on energy metabolism, and normalize brain functions.
Among this group of drugs, alpha-blockers are especially in demand:
- Sermion. Recommended for Aizheimer’s disease, migraines and atherosclerosis. Normalizes blood flow and metabolism in brain cells. It is produced in tablet form. Drink 10 mg three times a day or 30 mg twice should be taken for at least two months. Sermion is available in a dosage of 5, 10 or 30 mg. The cost of 50 tablets of 10 mg 600-700 rubles.
- Prazosin. Recommended for use by people who have high blood pressure for a long time. The drug perfectly dilates blood vessels. The initial dose is 1 mg, it must be taken before bedtime, lying in bed, after taking blood pressure can drop sharply. After the drug, drink 1 mg three times a day for two months. This is a very expensive drug, but effective.
The action of these drugs is aimed at eliminating the effect of serotonin, because it is it that causes vasoconstriction.
People after 70 years old should definitely consult a neurologist who will prescribe a nootropic drug to improve brain function. It will help not only saturate each cell with oxygen, but also help glucose to be better absorbed, and this is very important for the body, which is worn out. It is sugar that helps improve memory, concentration, and performance.
Initially, it is taken within 30 days, and after the same amount, but the dosage is halved. The first result can be replaced within a week after the start of admission. The disadvantage of nootropic drugs is the fact that the human body quickly gets used to them and it is necessary to increase the dosage.
As a prophylaxis, in addition to nootropics, a neurologist can recommend:
- vitamins – complexes based on ginseng extract, such as Biotredin;
- Glycine well eliminates the effects of anemia and sclerosis, but it should not be drunk by people with diabetes;
- Piracetam improves blood flow in the brain, activates all metabolic processes;
- Tanakan eliminates anxiety and stimulates mental activity.
A neurologist must choose a remedy, which will not only conduct a thorough examination, but will also take into account all the associated diseases of the patient. It is not difficult to restore cerebral circulation after an illness, injury or nervous strain if the patient seeks help on time.
Treatment with modern drugs will be effective with strict adherence to all recommendations. To get a lasting result, you need to take medication for at least 1 month. Almost all drugs are well tolerated by the body, but there are those that can cause anxiety, insomnia, confusion – this should be reported to your doctor or physician.
Impaired memory, headaches and decreased performance are often associated with pathology of the cervical spine – osteochondrosis.
This disease causes compression of the vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood, and a gradual deterioration in the supply of essential nutrients to the brain.
In recent years, osteochondrosis has increasingly become diagnosed in the younger generation.
The disease appears at the age of 25, and causes a headache in 35% of patients. During therapy, drugs that improve cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis are widely used.
Signs of pathology
Symptoms of cerebrovascular accident with cervical osteochondrosis have features in comparison with other types of this disease.
This form of degenerative lesions of the spine is considered the most dangerous, because it causes infringement of the anterior roots of the spinal cord, compression of important arteries.
As a result, the patient notes such unpleasant symptoms:
- The appearance of noise or ringing in the head;
- Decreased performance, fatigue;
- Headache of varying intensity.
Read about what there are ways to relieve a headache;
The treatment of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis is important to make comprehensive.
Neurologists widely use tools that allow:
- Restore brain function by reducing hypoxia. For this purpose, nootropic drugs are widely used. Patients with cervical osteochondrosis are preferably prescribed piracetam or vinpocetine. These drugs contribute to the enrichment of neurons with oxygen and the restoration of their functionality;
- Restore blood flow by thinning the blood. Reception of anticoagulants, aspirin allows to normalize cerebral circulation;
- Restore the normal condition of the spine. Chondroprotective drugs that strengthen and nourish cartilage tissue are widely used here;
- Expand blood vessels. For this, vasodilators are widely used. Some of them contribute to the expansion of arteries by relaxing smooth muscle fibers, others due to a decrease in the number of impulses that are transmitted through the nerves and cause spasm.
Gidazepam – the best remedy for stress and strain
In clinical practice, the following drugs are used to treat cerebrovascular accidents with cervical osteochondrosis:
- Piracetam and its analogues. The drug has a positive effect on blood flow in the brain, leading to an improvement in metabolism in neurons, a decrease in the rate of propagation of nerve impulses. The use of the drug allows you to stabilize and restore memory, speech, normalizes consciousness and performance. Piracetam has no psychostimulant and hypnotic effect. It is important to remember that the use of the drug is contraindicated in patients with epilepsy;
- Vinpocetine. It refers to peripheral vasodilator drugs. Its use allows improving metabolic processes in tissues, increasing the consumption of oxygen and glucose by brain neurons, increasing cerebral blood flow, and reducing the sensitivity of blood vessels. The course of vinpocetine increases the body’s resistance to the development of hypoxic phenomena. It is important to remember that the drug should not be used by pregnant women. This is associated with a risk of placental bleeding.
The most common drugs for the restoration of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis are drugs that have a vasodilating effect. They lead to a decrease in smooth muscle tone, which improves blood flow through the arteries.
The muscle tone of all vessels is supported by nerve impulses that travel along the autonomous nerves. As a result, the pharmacological effect of this group of drugs will be associated with:
- Decreased sensitivity of nerve endings (use of psi-active neurotropes). They are characterized by a neuroprotective effect, which consists in improving the metabolism of brain neurons, increasing their resistance in conditions of insufficient intake of oxygen and glucose. Some drugs (cerebrolysin) are able to repair damaged structures inside neurons (lysosomes, endoplasmic reticulum). Others (Actovegin) lead to an increase in blood flow velocity due to the inclusion of collateral vessels in the brain’s nutrition process;
- Direct relaxing effect on smooth muscle fibers (myotropic antispasmodics). Medicines have a relaxing effect on the striated muscle fibers, which are usually spasmodic with degenerative changes in cartilage and inflammatory processes. Due to local muscle relaxation, it is possible to restore blood flow in the vertebral artery and the brain. This group of drugs includes midocal, which is used orally and parenterally.
In addition to pills for the blood circulation of the brain, non-drug methods of treatment are useful. The reason for the violation of cerebral blood flow in most cases is an incorrect lifestyle. Hypertension, osteochondrosis, atherosclerosis – a consequence of physical inactivity, unbalanced nutrition, the presence of bad habits.
By reviewing the diet, playing sports and giving up alcohol abuse and smoking, you can significantly improve overall health and increase the effectiveness of drug therapy. Also, as an addition to the main treatment, you can use traditional medicine recipes with the approval of a doctor.
With hypertension, atherosclerosis, diabetes, it is very important to eat right. Very often, when the disease is in the initial stage, it is possible to cure it without the use of drugs. The basic rules of healthy eating:
- Refusal from digestible carbohydrates, saturated fats. That is, it is necessary to exclude sugar, animal fats (pork, lard), margarine and any products where they are present from the diet. The consumption of eggs, butter, cheeses should be minimized.
- Compliance with food intake and restriction of servings. There is preferably at the same time of the day, at least 5 times and little by little. This condition applies to any therapeutic diet and proper nutrition in general. This mode will help to normalize the metabolism and get rid of excess weight.
- Special heat treatment of products. You can only cook for a couple, cook or bake. Fried, smoked, pickled dishes are contraindicated.
Food should consist mainly of vegetables, lean meat or fish, cereals, fruits. It is undesirable to drink coffee, strong tea, and soda and alcohol are completely prohibited. Be sure to observe the drinking regimen.
Moderate physical activity improves cerebral circulation in any case, if there are no contraindications. And with cervical osteochondrosis, special exercises are the best treatment method. If cerebral circulation is disturbed as a result of deformation of the vertebrae or intervertebral hernia, drug treatment must necessarily be combined with gymnastics.
The standard complex is a series of tilts and turns of the head, various movements in the shoulder girdle. You need to do it yourself at home, but you should first consult your doctor.
Use alternative medicine recipes with caution. Pharmaceutical preparations favorably differ from home-made drugs in the accuracy of dosage and safety in use, however, with the permission of the attending physician, you can also use alternative drugs.
It is believed that a decoction of hawthorn with a periwinkle will eliminate the symptoms of cerebrovascular disorders, improve memory and overall well-being. It is prepared from two tablespoons of a mixture of plant leaves and a liter of boiling water. After a short boil, allow the broth to cool, strain it, and then take half a glass before meals.
Against increased pressure, atherosclerosis, diabetes mellitus, traditional medicine uses lemons, honey and garlic very often. These three products are really very beneficial for the cardiovascular system, so you just need to eat more.
However, there are special recipes for activating cerebral circulation. For example, mix two lemon chopped in a meat grinder with two tablespoons of honey, and then take a tablespoon three times a day. Such a mixture is certainly useful, but it should be remembered that any folk remedies can only be an addition to the main drug treatment.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.