People with Shereshevsky-Turner syndrome, who have 45 chromosomes instead of 46, are genetically predisposed to coarctation of the aorta. 10% of patients with this syndrome have aortic coarctation.
• Bicuspid aortic valve. The aortic valve serves to separate the aorta from the left ventricle. Under normal development, it has three wings;
• A defect in the interventricular septum. In this defect, there is a message between the left and right ventricles, due to which blood from the left ventricle containing oxygen is mixed with venous blood in the right ventricle;
• Open ductus arteriosus. The arterial duct should normally close immediately after the baby is born;
• Stenosis of the opening of the mitral or aortic valves. With this defect, these holes are narrowed.
Coarctation of the aorta
refers to a small group of vices that may have a tendency to return.
The recurrence rate of coarctation of the aorta is small and does not currently exceed
5-8%. Symptoms, diagnosis and methods
surgical treatment does not differ from coarctation of the aorta.
What complications does it lead to?
Coarctation of the aorta in children with severe course and in the absence of adequate cardiac surgery correction can cause the following dangerous consequences:
- arterial hypertension;
- acute circulatory disorders (strokes, heart attacks of other organs);
- cardiac asthma;
- pulmonary edema;
- bacterial or septic endocarditis;
- aneurysms on the walls of the aorta itself and its branches;
- kidney failure;
- calcification of the walls of the aorta;
- heart failure.
The result of all of the above complications may be the death of the child.
Diagnosis of aortic coarctation
To identify coarctation of the aorta and other congenital malformations in newborns, clinical recommendations suggest the following studies:
- chest x-ray;
- electro and phonocardiography;
- magnetic resonance imaging of the heart;
- aortography with contrast;
- heart sounding.
Analysis of the obtained data allows us to formulate a further strategy for the observation and treatment of the patient. Examination results in newborns may indicate the need for urgent intervention by surgeons – only such treatment saves the baby. Guided by diagnostic information, cardiac surgeons can choose the tactics of further correction necessary to save the life of the child.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.