Such drugs are classified quite often by origin:
Plant-based angioprotectors include extracts from grape seed, horse chestnut, glucocortico >
Angioprotectors and microcirculation correctors cannot be used in adolescents and children. They are also forbidden to be used during gestation and during lactation. In addition, such drugs are not recommended for use with allergies, diseases of the intestines and stomach. External forms of the drug in the form of creams, gels and ointments are not prescribed if there are skin diseases or non-healing ulcers.
So, we found out angioprotectors – what is it. How to apply them correctly? These medications must be consumed in accordance with the therapeutic group and the diagnosis. A prerequisite for treatment with angioprotective agents is a sufficient duration of use. This allows you to achieve the best therapeutic effect.
Such drugs are available in various forms: tablets, ointments, etc. Their use is better combined to quickly get rid of the disease. Tablets are consumed every day before meals for several months.
The tool in the form of an ointment is applied to the cleansed surface of the skin. A little gel is squeezed out of the tube and lubricated with a sore spot. Suppositories are used rectally, usually in the morning, afternoon and evening, to obtain a therapeutic effect.
The therapeutic effect on the superficial vessels is exerted by medicines in the form of creams, ointments or gel. Moreover, a huge number of people prefer to use these angioprotectors. A list of topical preparations is given below:
- “Lyoton gel” – is intended for the treatment of venous insufficiency at an early stage. This drug has an anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic effect. It is instantly absorbed into the skin, contributing to the absorption of small blood clots.
It should be remembered that venotonics, angioprotectors and microcirculation correctors can eliminate the symptoms of inflammation. But for the treatment to be most effective, you need to follow all the recommendations of a phlebologist or vascular surgeon.
Angioprotectors are used in the treatment of such pathologies:
- With vascular pathologies caused by diabetes;
- With vascular pathologies that are provoked by rheumatism;
- With the disease, atherosclerosis;
- Thrombosis disease;
- Disorders in the blood supply to brain cells;
- Deviations in the functionality of the cerebral arteries;
- With a violation of the blood flow of the coronary arteries, with coronary insufficiency;
- Varicose veins disease;
- Venous outflow insufficiency;
- With the defeat of the capillaries;
- With diabetic retinopathy;
- With neuropathy of the lower extremities;
- With myelopathy;
- With the pathology of microangiopathy;
- For the treatment of trophic ulcers on the legs.
Contraindications to the appointment of drugs of the pharmacological group, angioprotectors can be:
- Intolerance to the body of certain ingredients in the composition of the preparations;
- With inflammation in the digestive system;
- In case of disruption of the stomach and intestines;
- Children who are not yet 16 years old;
- In the period of intrauterine gestation. The use of drugs during pregnancy is prohibited especially in the first or second trimester of fetal development;
- Breastfeeding a baby.
External preparations with angioprotective properties are not prescribed:
- If there are abrasions and wounds on the skin;
- With infections on the soft fibers of the skin;
- Allergy to components;
- With non-healing trophic ulcers that are not amenable to medical treatment.
The use of angioprotective drugs is allowed only with the appointment of a treating doctor who will prescribe the scheme of angiotropic therapy, and also calculate the correct dosage of drugs.
|group of angioprotectors||pharmacology||name of drugs|
|prostaglandins||angioprotectors that have these properties:||Vazaprostan|
|Vasodilator;||· Drug Alprostan;|
|· And microcirculation correctors;||· Medication Ilomedin.|
|· Diabetic angiopathy.|
|· Post-stroke and post-infarction period;|
|Predisposition to bleeding.|
|nitrate group donors||effect of drugs:||· Drug Tivomax;|
|· Decrease in vascular permeability;||· Tivortin.|
|· Anti-bradykinin properties.|
|Donators are used:|
|· For the brain with atherosclerosis;|
|· hypertonic disease;|
|With obliterating atherosclerosis of the legs;|
|· Used in pediatrics (from 3 years of age).|
|It is forbidden to take only with allergies to components.|
|metabolic drugs||metabolism – this is a double therapeutic effect – act on the blood circulation system and on the cells of affected tissues, due to a lack of nutrition in them.||· Actovegin drug;|
|Appointed with:||· Angioprotector Solcoseryl;|
|Violation of blood flow in the cerebral arteries;||Cytoflavin.|
|In the treatment of peripheral arteries with atherosclerosis;|
|With angiopathy of the extremities.|
|It is forbidden to prescribe for allergies to components.|
|phlebotonic group||drugs act:||Detralex|
|· Strengthen venous membranes;||Phlebotonic phlebodia.|
|· Establish the efficiency of the valve apparatus of the veins.|
|They are used only for venous diseases.|
|anticoagulant group||anticoagulants thin the blood and prevent the arteries and veins from thrombosing.||· Aspirin;|
|Anticoagulants are used:||· Antiplatelet agent Heparin;|
|With atherosclerosis;||Anticoagulant Clexane.|
|Pathology of thrombosis:|
|With varicose veins;|
|In case of insufficiency of the blood flow system;|
|· For all diseases of the heart organ;|
|With a lack of cerebral blood flow;|
|· With pathologies of the peripheral sphere of the vascular system.|
|It is forbidden to appoint:|
|For allergies to components;|
|· For violations in the hemostatic system;|
|In acute gastrointestinal pathologies.|
Principle of operation
The mechanism of action of drugs of the group of angioprotectors is not fully understood. It is clear that due to the activation of circulation in small vessels, the blood composition improves. This in turn leads to the elimination of edema, normalizes metabolism and increases vascular tone.
This group of drugs contains drugs that have different effects:
- The synthesis of hyaluronidase (enzyme) is slowed down or the activity of its secondary products is blocked.
- Eliminate stagnant processes.
- Expand blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure.
- Weaken the effect of prostaglandins (these are bioactive substances).
- Eliminate platelet adhesion.
- They contribute to the formation of mucopolysaccharides, which leads to an increase in the permeability of the capillary wall.
- Eliminate the adhesion of blood cells to the walls of the capillaries.
- Eliminate the signs of endothelial dysfunction – permanent and progressive damage to the inner layer of vascular cells (endothelium).
- Reduce oxidative stress – the process of cell damage due to oxidation.
- Remove inflammatory processes.
Indications for the use of angioprotectors
The multilateral effect of drugs of this group is characterized by interaction with different receptors of the body.
- angiopathy, retinopathy, nephropathy;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- thrombosis prophylaxis;
- damage to cerebral and coronary vessels;
- trophic ulcers;
- mucosal defect of the anal canal;
We recommend you to read: when Dexalgin is prescribed.
Such drugs are still commonly divided into the following types:
- Monopreparations in which there is only one active substance. Such drugs include Troxerutin.
- Combined funds consisting of several active components, for example, Antistax, Detralex and Venodiol.
These drugs are prescribed for the treatment of vascular lesions occurring with common atherosclerosis, rheumatological pathologies or diabetes mellitus. Most often, with such diseases, vitamin-based medicines are used. The mechanism of their action is not fully understood, but it is believed that they inhibit the production of hyaluronidase. It is this enzyme that is located in every focus of inflammation. This class of drugs helps to eliminate edema and reduce the permeability of the walls of blood vessels.
If blood circulation is disturbed in the peripheral bed, angioprotectors are used to help increase the resistance of surrounding tissues to oxygen deficiency. Even in this case, antioxidants are prescribed to suppress the formation of free radicals. The most common of these are vitamins E and C.
But with damage to the veins, vasodilator, antithrombotic and venotonic drugs are used. To treat such problems, it is recommended to use medications based on horse chestnut extract.
Angioprotectors are used to eliminate the consequences after coronary heart disease and cerebrovascular accident. They allow you to reduce the area of damage near the clogged vessel and increase the resistance of cells to a lack of oxygen.
To treat clogging of the vascular lumen arising due to changes in the composition of blood or atherosclerotic plaques, antiplatelet drugs are used to prevent cell adhesion and blood clots. Moreover, antispasmodic drugs that affect cholesterol are used.
The use of drugs in the form of injections and tablets allows you to:
- control the dosage of the drug;
- increase the effect on blood vessels;
- use all the healing properties;
- deliver the necessary remedy to the lesion site.
That is why some people prefer to use precisely angioprotectors. The list of such drugs is quite extensive. Below we consider the most popular of them.
The drug “Detralex” is able to stimulate the work of arteries and veins. It helps to remove toxins from the vascular wall, improve microcirculation and relieve inflammation. It is in some situations allowed to use even during pregnancy.
The drug “Venoruton” has not only an angioprotective effect, but also phlebotonizing. This drug is used to restore the functioning of the vascular endothelium and eliminate microcirculation disorders. In addition, Venoruton has a slight antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect.
Phlebodia angioprotector helps increase the overall resistance of capillaries and their strength. In addition, it improves blood supply to the skin, protects and strengthens blood vessels. Such a medication is used for various forms of venous insufficiency and hemorrhoids. After taking it, pain, burning and itching pass, unpleasant symptoms of the disease disappear, bumps decrease.
Drops “Eskuzan” incorporate horse chestnut extract. It stimulates the production of corticosteroids and prostaglandins. In addition, this herbal angioprotector increases the strength of the muscle layer, normalizes microcirculation in tissues and reduces fragility of blood vessels.
In medicine, the use of angioprotectors and correctors of blood circulation in capillaries is practiced, there are about 150 items. All these drugs are included in one subgroup of drugs for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Most commonly used classification, which divides them into two categories.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
This category includes drugs characterized by the content of one active component (for example, Troxerutin):
- Natural herbal preparations.
- Semi-synthetic drugs.
- Synthetic medicines.
The composition includes numerous components:
- Components that are based on the content of one or several identical active substances that are interchangeable by the effect on the body. Diosmin, hesperidin – active components. Preparations of the micronized purified fraction of flavonoids are considered the most effective for various degrees of vascular disease.
- Substances that include flavonoids from grape leaves. Production using an aqueous extract enables the drug to be well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Proanthocyanidins or condensed tannins are powerful antioxidants that remove harmful oxygen free radicals from cells and contain grape seed extract.
- The general group of triterpenic acids.
- Needle hood.
- Ginkgo hood.
Combined drugs include Detralex, Venodiol, Antistax, Indovazin and others.
Differing in the mechanism of action, these drugs are used at various stages of venous diseases. The most studied angioprotectors are medicines from the MFF group. They show a high clinical effect during the treatment of all types and stages of pathological processes of veins.
Medicines of this pharmacological group have the following therapeutic effects:
- Relieve vasospasm;
- They have properties to expand the shells of blood vessels;
- Anti-bradykinin property;
- Relieve swelling;
- Improve metabolism;
- Correct the composition of the blood.
Drug properties are manifested by angioprotectors after their interaction with:
- Endotheliocyte cells;
- Leukocyte molecules;
- Myocyte molecules.
Angioprotective drugs are divided in several directions:
- According to the form of origin (synthetic and natural plant);
- By its composition of components (mono-preparations is troxerutin and several components in a combined agent are Detralex, the drug Indovazin).
|Generation number||vasoprotectors generation number 1||generation number 2|
|drugs||Pentoxifylline angioprotector||tableted funds||injections||· Prostaglandin (alprostadil) only injection;|
|Pentilin angioprotective drug||pills||injections|
|angioprotective drug Trental||tableted funds||injections||· Vazaprostan – tablets, injections;|
|· Alprostan – tablets, injections.|
|vasoprotector Wasonite||tableted funds||· Ilomedin – tablets and injections;|
Classification of angioprotectors by pharmacological species
The angioprotective effect allows you to normalize blood flow and improve the functionality of the blood flow system of the whole body, especially improve blood flow in the periphery.
Therapeutic properties of angioprotectors:
- Suppress the synthesis of hyaluronidase;
- It has the functions of antagonists of prostaglandin molecules;
- Reduce platelet molecule aggregation;
- Stimulate the production of mucopolysaccharide molecules in capillary membranes;
- Improves the permeability of the membranes of arteries;
- Reduce the adhesion of platelet molecules in blood plasma.
Side effects of angioprotectors:
- The dizziness of the head can be so strong that it provokes nausea with vomiting;
- Body fatigue;
- General malaise;
- Discomfort in the stomach;
- Vomiting from the body;
- Severe diarrhea;
- A sharp decrease in blood pressure index, which provoked hypotension;
- Rapid heartbeat – tachycardia;
- Violation of the rhythm in the work of the heart muscle – arrhythmia;
- Phlebitis at the injection site;
- Increased perspiration by the body;
- Pathology of hyperthermia;
- Allergy to components;
- The development of bone hyperostosis – when taken for a long time.
Side effects when used in newborns:
- Pathology of hyperthermia;
- A strong decrease in blood pressure – hypotension;
- Severe diarrhea;
- Heart palpitations – tachycardia;
- Slow heartbeat – bradycardia;
- The heart rhythm is broken – arrhythmia of the heart organ;
- Muscle cramps;
- Labored breathing;
- ICE syndrome develops.
In case of an overdose, it is necessary to rinse the stomach, and take sorbents. Also monitor the flow of fluid into the body to maintain water balance and prevent dehydration. And immediately contact your doctor.
Angioprotectors that improve blood circulation through the smallest vessels are called microcirculatory normalizers. Their action is aimed at reducing blood viscosity (improving rheology) and reducing the resistance of the inner layer of blood vessels to its advancement. This improves blood circulation in small vessels, which account for the main load in foci with chronic microcirculatory disorders.
The general classification, types and list of drugs are given in the table.
|Active ingredient and preparations||Pentoxifylline||Pills||Injections||Prostaglandin (alprostadil) only in solution for injections|
Judging by the formal classification, the group of angioprotective drugs is divided into drugs, which are available in the form of tablets for oral administration, as well as suppositories, creams, gels, ointments for local use.
To improve the effect during treatment, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial elements are added to the medication.
The cardiovascular system works without stopping. In this position, each link in a single complex needs an uninterrupted supply of nutrients, energy resources, and protection from harmful compounds that enter the bloodstream.
The ends of the processes of nerve fibers connect the vessels to the nervous system. When transmitting information in the form of a nerve impulse, the vessels are spasmodic or expand. The inner surface of the tubular formations produces components that stimulate the microcirculation of the blood to provide tiny vessels with biological fluid.
If there is a violation of capillary blood flow – excessive or insufficient filling of capillaries with blood, tissue hypoxia develops. Angioprotectors are prescribed to eliminate vascular failure.
Contraindications to use
There is a list of contraindications even to the latest generation of drugs:
- Individual intolerance of components.
- Diseases of the stomach and intestines.
- Age to 18 years.
- Separate funds are not recommended for admission at 1, 2 trimesters of pregnancy, during lactation.
Means for external use are not recommended for:
- The presence of wounds, burns.
- Infectious skin diseases.
- Allergic processes on the effects of drugs in this group.
- Trophic ulcers during therapy.
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to study the instructions for using the selected product for the purpose and contraindications for use.
Angioprotectors are a pharmacological group of medications that are intended for the treatment of vascular pathologies and diseases of the heart organ.
These drugs are used:
- To improve the functionality of the choroid;
- To improve blood microcirculation;
- To increase the rheological effects of blood;
- To normalize metabolism in the cells of organ tissues.
Indications for the use of angioprotectors
Angioprotectors are used for:
- The treatment of varicose veins.
- Eliminate signs of venous insufficiency.
- The need to reduce capillary permeability, which favorably affects the treatment of pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
- Combined therapy for diseases of the rectum (hemorrhoids, bumps, anal fissures).
The following series of indications for use are also highlighted:
- The need for effective elimination of pathological processes that occur in the vessels. More often they occur in diabetes mellitus, pathology of a rheumatological nature.
- Internal medicine is prescribed for the detection of atherosclerotic plaques that block the capillaries, impairing blood supply. This leads to an increase in blood viscosity, which is unacceptable.
- Elimination of signs that arose due to circulatory disorders in the brain, ischemia.
List of effective drugs
Medicines that have an angioprotective effect are divided by origin into herbal preparations and synthesized, which are produced by means of chemical reactions.
The first include horse chestnut extracts, vitamin complexes, glucocorticoids. The second group includes synthetic substances that help improve microcirculation and block inflammatory reactions.
Angioprotectors, drug list:
- Venotonic drugs (troxevasinum).
- Regulatory drugs for small vessels.
- Vasodilators (Tivomax).
- Eliminating increased blood coagulability – anticoagulants.
- Suppressing the adhesion of blood cells and the formation of blood clots (clopidogrel).
- Metabolism enhancing drugs.
Release form – in the form of tablets and capsules.
Protects blood vessels and increases their tone. Tablets improve microcirculation in the capillaries, block inflammatory reactions.
Helps to eliminate the lack of vitamins C, P, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, reduces their permeability, normalizes the level of immunity.
Tones up vascular walls, eliminates puffiness. The extraction of horse chestnut normalizes the adrenal cortex to produce hormones, eliminates fragility of blood vessels and activates metabolic processes in the tissues of the body.
Increases capillary resistance, eliminates inflammatory reactions, normalizes blood flow. Often prescribed in the treatment of hemorrhoids, with venous insufficiency.
Restores vascular walls, eliminates inflammation, normalizes blood counts, improves the structure of red blood cells. It is used for hemorrhoids, varicose veins, trophic ulcers.
The drug is made on the basis of plant components, eliminates inflammation, swelling, restores vascular permeability.
For external use, the agents listed below are usually recommended.
It has a decongestant, anticoagulant, regenerative effect, prevents the formation of blood clots. It is often used in the treatment of hemorrhoids, since it well eliminates blood stasis, and also helps to reduce the manifestation of pain, itching.
Effectively combats the occurrence of edema. It is available in the form of a gel that is easily absorbed into the skin, so it gives quick results in eliminating edema and pain in the limbs. It removes inflammatory processes, promotes resorption of blood clots.
It is used for inflammatory reactions, dilation of veins, edema.
The list of drugs is quite large, but self-medication is extremely undesirable, since only a specialist can choose the best remedy in each individual case.
Angioprotectors can be prescribed by phlebologists, cardiologists, and angiosurgeons. Medications in tablets and injections are usually used 2 times a day.
Release form – in the form of tablets and capsules.
Only experienced doctors can prescribe the optimal dose, duration and frequency of use of angioprotectors. They take into account the characteristics of the patient’s body, concomitant treatment and the pharmacological effect of the drug. Therefore, before proceeding to eliminate the violation of the normal functioning of blood vessels and veins, it must be borne in mind that angioprotective drugs are not intended for self-medication.
Patients who have pathologies of the heart organ, as well as diseases of the vascular system, should remember that medications of the group of angioprotectors are not intended for self-medication.
This category of medicinal medicines has a wide range of side effects, which can lead to complicated pathologies.
Only if all the recommendations of the attending physician are followed and all of its requirements are followed, can one count on the positive therapeutic effect of the medications of the pharmacological group of angioprotectors.
From this article you will learn: what are angioprotectors, the mechanism of their action, an overview of popular groups of drugs.
The author of the article: Nivelichuk Taras, Head of the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, work experience 8 years. Higher education in the specialty “General Medicine”.
Angioprotectors are a group of drugs whose action is aimed at strengthening or repairing blood vessels, as well as improving blood circulation. The main indication for the appointment of angioprotectors is circulatory disorders caused by diseases of large or small arterial and venous vessels.
Vascular pathology today in the prevalence and number of fatal complications takes first place. Since there are vessels in every system of the human body, these drugs are prescribed by doctors of different specialties:
- vascular and general surgeons – for diseases of the aorta, large arteries, venous system of the limbs (obliterating atherosclerosis, varicose veins of the legs);
- neuropathologists – with vascular pathology of the brain (stroke on the background of atherosclerosis of cerebral arteries);
- therapists and cardiologists – with damage to the heart and lungs against the background of impaired patency of arteries or veins (coronary heart disease).
The peculiarity of the action of angioprotectors is that they cannot completely restore the structure of the wall and lumen of the altered vessel, or they partially do this, or contribute to the accelerated formation of bypass pathways of blood flow. Thus, blood circulation processes in the blood supply zone of the affected vessels are maintained at the proper level.
In this article you can get acquainted with the five most common groups of angioprotectors and the features of their action:
- normalizers of microcirculation and blood rheology (Pentoxifylline, Vazaprostan, Ilomedin);
- vasodilator drugs – nitro group donors (Tivortin, Tivomax);
- metabolic agents (Actovegin, Solcoseryl, Cytoflavin);
- phlebotonics (venous preparations): Detralex, Phlebodia, Troxevasin;
- anticoagulants and disaggregants (Heparin, Aspirin, Clopidogrel).
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.