The selection of medicines is carried out according to an individual scheme:
- If the patient has systemic atherosclerosis with intermittent claudication, then in addition to vasodilator drugs, statins or fibrates are used;
- In autoimmune pathology, obliterating endarteritis, in addition to drugs to expand the vascular lumen, physiotherapeutic methods and immunostimulating therapy are prescribed;
- With arterial spasms of the vessels of the legs, sedatives are used in the treatment, in combination with vasodilator drugs;
- With the development of the pathology of diabetes mellitus, treatment is carried out according to an individual scheme in accordance with the glucose index and type of diabetes;
- With varicose veins, the use of a vasodilator drug occurs according to a different scheme, as in the treatment of arterial pathology.
The doctor must carefully choose a comprehensive treatment
- Comparative review of vasodilator drugs
- Operating principle
- Calcium antagonists
- Angioprotectors – for the expansion of blood vessels in the legs
- Herbal Medicines
- Antispasmodics of myotropic type
- Blood circulation stimulation for cervical osteochondrosis
- Calcium antagonists
- Biogenic type stimulants
- Nicotinic Acid Medicines
- To improve microcirculation
- Preparations for cerebral vessels
- Alpha blockers
- Why vessels narrow
Comparative review of vasodilator drugs
Vascular drugs to improve blood circulation can increase blood flow to the brain tissue, improve the blood supply process. The pharmacological action allows you to cope with oxygen starvation, a lack of nutritional components.
The scope of vasodilating elements is extensive. They are used in the treatment of various pathologies of peripheral circulation:
- varicose veins;
- with atherosclerosis;
Below we consider the most commonly prescribed medications.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Myotropic antispasmodic pronounced vasodilating action. Available in tablets and in solutions for intramuscular and intravenous administration. The active substance is bencyclan fumarate. It is prescribed for the treatment of diseases of the peripheral circulatory organs, chronic arterial pathologies and for relieving spasms in systems and tissues.
This synthetic drug restores impaired circulation. The active substance is vinpocetine. It has antioxidant, antiepileptic and neuroprotective effects, as well as dilates blood vessels and relieves inflammation. It is prescribed for the treatment of many vascular diseases, including those with impaired motor activity associated with cerebrovascular insufficiency.
Nootropic combination drug, which also has vasodilating properties. It is used for cerebrovascular insufficiency, prevention of migraines, Parkinson’s disease of vascular etiology and other pathologies of blood supply to the brain, and as a vasodilator for the legs, it is used only as part of complex therapy as prescribed by the doctor.
The active substance is warfarin. This drug is indicated in the treatment and prevention of thrombosis and thromboembolism. It is an anticoagulant of indirect action. The decrease in coagulability does not occur due to the influence of the drug itself, but due to its pharmacological effects in the body, that is, in a secondary way.
This medication is recommended by doctors to treat veins. The therapeutic effect of the components extends mainly to the limbs. The main effect is aimed at improving the tone and elasticity of venous vessels and the removal of foci of stagnation of blood. Supporting actions are:
- improvement of lymphatic drainage;
- regulation of general blood circulation;
- decrease in vascular permeability;
- regulation of the quality of white blood cells.
With the right doses, the drug has a directed and complex effect on the circulatory system. It has minor contraindications, which the doctor will take into account when appointing.
A complex drug, in which caffeine and ergot alkaloids. It is used for pathologies of cerebral and peripheral blood circulation. The instructions for use say that it is able to increase the tone of the veins and restore the permeability of capillaries.
As part of this tool contains an extract of ginkgo biloba leaves. Available in capsules of 40, 80 and 120 mg. The herbal preparation is able to improve cerebral microcirculation, slightly dilates blood vessels, increases tissue resistance to hypoxia and reduces the ability of platelets to aggregate. The most effective drug acts on the veins and arteries of the hands, feet and cerebral vessels. The active substances of the drug also work as antioxidants.
Any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. This aphorism is fully related to the problem of preserving vascular functions. However, there is one subtlety: it is impossible to preserve the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels for life, but the risks of developing pathologies can be mitigated by the following measures:
- 1. It is necessary to lead a mobile lifestyle, avoiding, however, overloads.
- 2. The greatest danger is static poses. Long sitting or standing is equally dangerous. It is necessary to try often to change the position of the body, removing the static load from the legs.
- 3. In order to save feet, take care of your back. The problems of blood supply to the legs often originate from diseases of the spine. A good prevention is manual therapy and massage.
Any disease should be detected in a timely manner. The load on the person’s legs is too heavy, so they need constant care and attention.
Circulatory disorders of the lower extremities are found in various diseases, including arterial pathology (arteriosclerosis obliterans, arterial embolism) and venous pathology (varicose veins, venous thromboses). Vascular diseases are a common pathology of the lower extremities, and despite the fact that their etiology is different, they have a common clinical manifestation – leg pain.
The effect of vasodilating medications is aimed at decreasing the tone of the arterial membranes.
Violation in the arteries of the lower extremities is associated with such serious pathologies:
- Systemic atherosclerosis;
- Hypertonic disease;
- Thrombosis or thrombophlebitis;
There are such areas of vasodilator drugs:
- Myotropic drugs that affect the smooth muscle fibers of the arterial membranes;
- Neurotropic drugs that have properties affecting the cells of nerve fibers;
- The group of drugs is nitrates: these are drugs with a combined effect on the bloodstream system.
This category of drugs has long been used to stabilize cerebral circulation. In the modern industry of pharmacology, the 3rd generation of these drugs is manufactured. Calcium antagonists increase the diameter of the artery, do not change the tone of the venous vessels. After their components enter the body, cerebral blood flow is stimulated, many micronutrients enter the body.
Calcium antagonists are divided into the following subcategories: Dihydropyridines, Phenylalkylamines, Benzothiazapines. After the development of drugs of the 2nd generation, their list is expanding.
Angioprotectors – for the expansion of blood vessels in the legs
Angioprotectors are medications that have a vasodilating effect on the bloodstream.
These medications can have such an effect on the arteries of the lower extremities:
- Improve blood flow in the great vessels, as well as in smaller arteries and in the capillary network on the legs;
- Reduce the permeability of the arterial membranes;
- Reduce blood viscosity in the limbs, which prevents the formation of blood clots on the endothelium.
The properties of the vasodilator medication are as follows:
- Reduces vascular tone in the legs;
- Expands arterial lumen on the extremities;
- Improves blood counts and its composition.
Trental is prescribed for diabetes. The course of treatment and related drugs are prescribed by the attending doctor individually.
The drug Curantil has such an effect on the blood flow of the lower extremities:
- Restoration of microcirculation in the vessels of the limbs;
- The Drug Prevents Bonding of Platelet Molecules That Becomes a good prevention of the formation of intra-arterial blood clots;
- The drug is prescribed for the prevention, as well as in the treatment of such pathologies – thrombosis in the arteries of the lower extremities, thrombophlebitis of the veins of the legs, thromboembolism of the vessels of the legs and arms;
- The maximum dosage of the vasodilator Curantil is 600,0 milligrams per day.
These drugs are used to treat circulatory problems of the brain, have a small number of contraindications, and are used for preventive purposes. Some are sold over the counter, drunk according to the instructions.
Antispasmodics of myotropic type
These tools help to expand the diameter of the vessels, relax the smooth muscle tissue of the capillaries. Such funds do not cause danger, act softly. They are used as pills for stimulating blood circulation and injections that belong to this group.
Such drugs do not effectively affect the vessels under the influence of atherosclerosis. They contribute to the redistribution of blood circulation, activating in healthy areas in which the blood vessels are better preserved. Therefore, problem areas of the brain are not adequately supplied with blood.
Antispasmodics have this property of affecting the body:
- Relieve vascular spasms;
- Expand arterial lumen;
- Increase the flow of blood to the lower extremities;
- Myotropic drugs do not affect blood vessels, as well as veins affected by systemic atherosclerosis or varicose veins, which makes them ineffective in the development of pathologies that also cause venous and arterial spasms.
The drug Halidor is an antispasmodic, which is also prescribed in the treatment of pathologies of the peripheral blood flow.
Also, the drug has such an effect on the bloodstream:
- The drug has the properties of a tranquilizer;
- The anesthetic properties of Halidor make it possible to prescribe it not only for the treatment of blood flow in the lower extremities.
Galidor injections to improve blood circulation in the extremities are also available in tablet form. The daily dose of the drug is 400,0 milligrams.
The drug Papaverine is the most used drug from the group of antispasmodics, which quickly copes with vascular spasm and quickly expands arteries in the lower extremities.
The drug is available in tablet form, as an injection into muscle fibers, as well as antispasmodic suppositories.
Injection dose for 1 time of use – 10,0 – 20,0 milligrams, tablet dose – 40,0 – 60,0 milligrams, the use of suppositories (rectal use) – dosage of 20,0 – 40,0 milligrams.
Blood circulation stimulation for cervical osteochondrosis
If you do not take any measures to combat circulatory disorders, then the result of this after a certain period of time will be disfigured with blue nodules and legs twisted with swollen veins. It is also likely to damage the deep internal veins. Unfortunately, pathological changes affecting peripheral vessels are chronic and do not go away without treatment.
Doctors involved in the treatment of blood vessels, have at their disposal various means of improving blood circulation in the legs. With the help of medications and physiotherapeutic procedures, the pathological condition of the veins and arteries of the lower extremities is reduced or eliminated. If these methods prove ineffective, then they resort to such a radical method as an operation with removal, cauterization or sclerosis of the affected part of the vessel. But such surgery is quite painful, and as a result, the cause of vein deformity is not completely eliminated.
With impaired blood circulation, the following diseases occur:
- arterial and venous hyperemia
- varicose veins
- Raynaud’s disease
For treatment, you need to accurately determine the cause and, depending on it, prescribe medication. In acute disorders, surgical intervention may be required. In addition, treatment must be combined with proper nutrition (eat foods low in fat and salt), give up bad habits (smoking and alcohol) and undergo special procedures to improve blood flow (vibration therapy, electromagnetic therapy, etc.).
1) Drugs that improve microcirculation – this group of drugs acts on the vessels of the microvasculature. As a result, the vessels expand, and the blood becomes less viscous. As a rule, drugs of this group are used for circulatory disorders due to various diseases (diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis):
2) Preparations of prostaglandin E1 – drugs of this group have a positive effect on microcirculation and blood flow, and also have a hypotensive effect: vazaprostan
3) Calcium channel blockers are mainly used to improve blood circulation in the brain. Contribute to the improvement of vascular microcirculation and limit damage to brain tissue. These include:
4) Low molecular weight dextran preparations – drugs of this group positively affect blood flow due to the attraction of additional blood volumes from the intercellular space. These include:
7) Alpha-adrenergic blockers – drugs of this group contribute to a better blood supply to peripheral tissues. These include:
Ganglion blockers – these drugs improve blood circulation in the lower extremities, and also have a pronounced hypotensive effect (lower blood pressure):
10) Dopamine receptor stimulants – this group of drugs has an effect on dopamine receptors, which, in turn, leads to vasodilation. Improve blood circulation in the lower extremities – pronoran.
Vascular drugs to improve blood circulation in the legs can be used for a variety of circulatory disorders. It is permissible to use both pharmacological products and funds from the arsenal of traditional medicine.
Stabilization of the blood circulation of the brain during the development of cervical osteochondrosis is not an easy task. The main problem is that the disease has recently been diagnosed in people at the age of 25. All problems are associated with the constant sitting in front of the computer in an anatomically incorrect position.
Cervical osteochondrosis causes problems with the main blood vessels in this area, vertebral artery syndrome appears. In this situation, drugs to stimulate blood supply will not be enough. In this situation, other measures of influence on this part of the spine are required. Doctors advise wearing a Shants collar in everyday life, performing simple exercises that stimulate blood flow.
- Lower your head so that the chin is in contact with the neck, then make turns in different directions 5 times.
- Raise your head slightly, perform similar turns 5 times in each direction.
- Make head tilts so that the ear touches the shoulder 5 times on each side.
- Keep your head straight, fingers touch the back of the head. The back of the head must be pressed in the palm of your hand for 7 seconds.
All materials are published under authorship, or by the editors of professional physicians (about the authors), but are not a prescription for treatment. Address to experts!
Preparations for improving peripheral blood circulation in the lower extremities are used for various pathological changes, the result of which is a violation of the nutrition of leg tissues.
Circulatory disorders in the legs can cause soreness about swelling, change the color of the skin.
Modern medicine in the complex treatment of trophic disorders caused by narrowing of blood vessels, the following drugs are used to restore blood circulation.
|Antispasmodic||These funds effectively relax the muscle tissue of the vascular walls, remove their increased tone.|
Thanks to this effect, the lumen of the arteries expands, and blood circulation normalizes.
Thanks to their use, blood circulation in the arteries and veins of the legs improves.
When introduced into the body, they improve the metabolic process and effectively dilate blood vessels, normalizing blood circulation.
Self-treatment with such drugs can have unexpected consequences, so the need for their use should be discussed with the doctor.
If the disturbances in the process of blood circulation are quite serious and are acute in nature, then the specialist, in addition to tablets, prescribes anticoagulants to improve blood circulation in the vessels of the legs.
These medicines reduce blood coagulation. Thus, they restore its fluidity and indirectly contribute to the improvement of blood flow.
In addition, their use will avoid complications in the form of thrombosis and all the ensuing consequences. This type of medication includes:
“Heparin” – prevents platelet adhesion, lowers cholesterol and lip >
These drugs are prescribed for acute pathology
The treatment of such pathological conditions is always carried out comprehensively, so choosing one drug in the hope that it will not help is worth it.
The combination of several groups of drugs can have an effective therapeutic effect.
Preparations of the anticoagulant group are prescribed for acute pathologies in the arteries of the limbs. Vasodilator medicines of the anticoagulant group are blood plasma thinners and prevent blood flow from the formation of blood clots and blood clots on the endothelium in the arterial lumen.
This medication is used for such vascular pathologies:
- Thrombophlebitis of the veins on the limbs;
- Thrombosis of the main arteries of the legs;
- Pathology of thromboembolism;
- Embolism of peripheral arteries;
- A vasodilating ointment with heparin is used in the treatment of hemorrho >
Properties of the drug Heparin:
- Reduces the process of gluing platelet molecules in plasma blood;
- Improves the speed of blood flow in the bloodstream;
- It affects the hemostatic system and prevents the rapid coagulation of plasma blood.
Prescribe drugs of this group with caution, because anticoagulants can become bleeding agents.
These drugs increase blood flow. Drugs help normalize cerebral circulation. They are allowed for use with a high probability of ischemia. The most effective drugs are: Aspirin, Curantil, Warfarin, Heparin.
Thrombolytic medicines do not prevent the formation of blood clots, but fight existing blood clots, resolving them.
This medication is used for such complex pathologies:
- With pathology, pulmonary embolism;
- Blood obstruction in the peripheral parts of the bloodstream system;
- Occlusion of trunk of limbs;
- Pathology of thrombosis in the acute stage of development in the vessels of the limbs.
The drug Urokinase is available as an injection solution for drip into the body.
After using a vasodilating thrombolytic in the treatment, it is necessary to undergo a drug course with drugs from the group of anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents.
Vasodilation is a medical term used to describe a decrease in smooth muscle tone in the walls of blood vessels. The substances that are used for this are called vasodilators. This group includes many vasodilator drugs with a different mechanism of action on the circulatory system.
For the normal functioning of calcium channels (CC), in addition to Ca, catecholamines (adrenaline and norepinephrine) are needed that activate them. There are several types of KK, but calcium ion antagonists act only on slow KK (L-type), which are located in smooth muscle tissues. Calcium channel antagonists are found in various chemical compounds. In addition to lowering the pressure level, they also have this effect:
- Regulate heart rate.
- Good effect on blood circulation in the veins, arteries and capillaries.
- Reduce mechanical stress in the myocardium, thereby improving blood circulation. The supply of tissues with oxygen and nutrients is also increasing.
- Reduce the likelihood of blood clots in arteries and veins.
α-blockers block the adrenaline and noradrenaline receptors present in the vessels, preventing them from interacting with these hormones, which can cause significant spasm of the vessels. This group includes:
- Nicergoline – improves blood circulation, prevents platelet adhesion and thrombosis. It has a double effect: it helps to expand the arteries and increases the tension of the veins (healthy and affected by varicose veins). The medicine is indicated for use in vascular diseases associated with diabetes.
- Phentolamine – dilates blood vessels, relaxes muscles, promotes increased blood supply to tissues. For the treatment of disorders of venous and arterial circulation, treatment of poorly healing wounds, frostbite, pressure sores and in the initial stage of atherosclerotic gangrene, doctors recommend this drug in the form of injections and tablets.
The group of vasodilators includes:
- Medicines antagonists of calcium tubules;
- Alpha-adrenergic blocking drugs.
Appointment depends on the developing pathology, as well as on the degree of its progression.
This group of drugs blocks the entry of calcium molecules through the calcium tubules into the cells of the choroid from the blood. A commonly used drug of calcium antagonists is Nifedipine.
Nifedipine is prescribed for such pathologies:
- Blood flow insufficiency in the lower extremities and on the arms;
- Hypertonic disease;
- Pathology of thrombosis;
- Systemic atherosclerosis.
Alpha-adrenergic blocking drug group – these are drugs that act as adrenergic receptors located on the arterial endothelium of the lower extremities.
For the treatment of peripheral vessels, the drug adrenergic blocker Nicergoline is used. Nicergoline has the following effects:
- The speed of blood movement in the trunk of the limbs increases;
- The percentage of platelet adhesion is reduced, which helps to avoid blood clots;
- Vascular tone decreases.
The drug is sold in tablet form and in powder form for the preparation of an injection solution.
The dosage is calculated by the attending doctor strictly individually.
Effectively treats pathologies of the vessels of the legs, the drug Phentolamine.
The drug is prescribed for such pathologies:
- If there is a violation of blood flow in the legs;
- With the development of trophic ulcers;
- With frostbite of the legs;
- With non-healing wounds on the arms and legs.
Biogenic type stimulants
Medicines belonging to the group of vasodilator drugs for the treatment of lower extremities. Their action is based on substances of animal origin. These drugs dilate the arteries of the legs, speed up blood circulation and improve metabolism in the tissues.
A medicine is made on a natural basis (a protein-free extract from the blood of calves). The drug is able to increase metabolism in the tissues, accelerate the flow of oxygen into the muscles of the limbs, dilate blood vessels and thereby improves blood circulation. It is prescribed by doctors in the form of injections.
The basis of it is the same as that of the previous drug. Thanks to the substances that it contains, blood circulation improves, the vessels of the lower extremities expand and ulcers and wounds quickly heal.
The group of stimulants of the biogenic type includes the drugs often used to treat pathologies of the lower extremities: Solcoseryl and Actovegin.
The drug is available in the form of an injection solution for internal use in muscle fibers and ointments for external use in trophic ulcers.
Actovegin medicine also consists of drawing blood from young calves.
- Strengthening the speed of blood movement;
- Expansion of the vascular lumen;
- Healing trophic wounds.
Assign Actovegin for such pathologies:
- Violation in the main bloodstream of the legs;
- With systemic atherosclerosis;
- With pathology, diabetes;
- With trophic ulcers.
Vascular drugs help improve blood circulation in the brain, thanks to a strengthening and tonic effect. The body is freed from the effects of toxins. The list includes herbal medicines, the use of which the heart does not deteriorate. We list the main ones:
- Ginkgo bilboa – eliminates spasms, stimulates microcirculation, eliminates puffiness, stabilizes pressure inside the skull.
- Medications with a small periwinkle belong to the category of antispasmodics, prevent the formation of blood clots, stimulate blood flow. The doctor is authorized to prescribe such funds to people, they are not used for self-treatment because of the strong effect and several contraindications.
Medicines in this group prevent blood flow from the formation of blood clots and lower the viscosity of plasma blood.
The most prescribed antiplatelet agent is Aspirin. In small quantities, it dilutes plasma blood, and the use of large doses reduces inflammation in the body.
Blood clotting blood clots prevent blockage. Their use stimulates capillary microcirculation.
These drugs include:
- Angioprotectors are created in the form of dragees, tablets, solutions for infusion.
- Preparations for internal input: Anginal, Apricor, Parsedil.
Antiplatelet agents prevent the accumulation of platelets, which contribute to blockage of capillaries. Under the influence of such drugs, microcirculation is stimulated, vascular patency increases. The drugs have the properties of angioprotectors, reduce vascular fragility, due to the stimulation of metabolic processes in the walls.
Medicines to improve blood circulation are an essential component in the treatment of various disorders of blood circulation.
In addition, of course, we should not forget about observing additional measures in the fight against the disease: proper nutrition, appropriate physical activity, etc.
Vasodilating drugs are prescribed only by the attending doctor in accordance with the diagnostic indications.
Nicotinic Acid Medicines
Among the potent drugs to stimulate blood circulation are drugs from nicotinic acid. The drugs do not affect large vessels, contribute to the expansion of capillaries, strengthen the walls, lower cholesterol.
It is necessary to use only on the recommendation of a specialist and under his supervision so that complications and side effects do not occur. Consider several popular drugs: Enduratin, Nikoshpan, Adipimox.
To improve microcirculation
The state of thin vessels helps to regulate such funds, health improves, dizziness stops, gait ceases to be shaky, signs of acute and chronic pathologies stop. The duration of the course of use is determined by the specialist, taking into account the severity of the disease. We list the main assets: Betaserk, Vestibo, Tagista.
Betagistin belongs to this category of drugs, it corrects blood flow in the capillaries, helps to cope with dizziness attacks, eliminates the unsteadiness of gait in chronic disorders. Tablets of 8 and 16 mg are taken in courses.
The dosage is determined by the attending physician, divided into 3 doses per day. Medications are not prescribed for pregnant and lactating, carefully used for bronchial asthma, ulcerative formations.
Nootropic drugs are used to improve memory, promote metabolism in the formed elements of the brain. Thus, the activity of thinking is stimulated, information is better absorbed.
Similar drugs are used in the fight against vascular dementia in elderly citizens with encephalopathy or damage to brain vessels. It is pointless for young healthy patients to take these pills. Under the influence of nootropics, it is possible to transfer neurocyte membranes to a stable state, to improve the resistance of brain tissue to oxygen deficiency.
The basis of such violations are processes of damage to the vascular wall, as a result of which its permeability increases. Blood stasis develops and the exit of its liquid part into the pericellular space, which leads to compression of the small capillaries by an increased volume of intercellular fluid, and the exchange between cells and capillaries is disrupted.
So, the main pathological conditions that lead to disruption of blood flow in the vessels of the microvasculature are:
- Pathology of the central organs of the circulatory system – acute and chronic heart failure, all types of shock (traumatic, pain, due to blood loss, etc.), myocardial ischemia, venous hyperemia (an increase in blood volume and its stagnation in the venous part of the bloodstream).
- Pathological changes in the ratio of the liquid and cellular parts of the blood – dehydration or, conversely, an increase in the volume of the liquid part of the blood with excess fluid intake into the body, DIC, with increased thrombosis in the lumen of the vessels.
- Vascular wall diseases:
- Vasculitis (literally, vascular inflammation) – primary hemorrhagic, vasculitis in autoimmune diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism), vasculitis in hemorrhagic fevers and bacteremia (sepsis – the penetration of bacteria into the bloodstream and generalization of infections),
- Atherosclerosis of the large and small arteries, when atherosclerotic plaques are deposited on the inner wall of the vessels that impede the normal flow of blood,
- Damage to the vascular wall and the attachment of blood clots to it with diseases of the veins – with thrombophlebitis and phlebothrombosis,
- Diabetes mellitus, in which there is a toxic effect of excess glucose on the inner lining of blood vessels, ischemia (insufficient blood flow) of soft tissues develops.
Is it possible to somehow improve or restore blood flow in the smallest vessels of the body? The answer to this is yes, at the current stage of the development of medicine there are enough funds that can regulate vascular tone, as well as affect their inner wall and the ability of blood to thrombus, and, thus, contribute to the improvement of microcirculation.
To improve blood circulation in the lower extremities, the following groups of drugs are generally used to improve microcirculation:
- Antispasmodics (papaverine, spasmalgon) – remove the tone of large and small vessels due to the effect on the smooth muscle layer in their wall,
- Angioprotectors and disaggregants (pentoxifylline (vasonite), trental, chimes) contribute to the improvement of metabolic processes in the vascular wall itself, due to which its permeability to the liquid part of the blood is stabilized,
- Biogenic stimulants (solcoseryl, actovegin) have a similar effect as protectors,
- Vasodilators (nifedipine, amlodipine) also weaken the vascular tone.
- In acute conditions, drugs are used that reduce blood coagulation and prevent further thrombosis – anticoagulants (heparin, warfarin), antiplatelet agents (aspirin), fibrinolytics (urokinase, streptokinase, alteplase).
It is possible to improve microcirculation in the brain using the same drugs, but the following are more often used – antispasmodics (drotaverin), vasodilators (cinnarizine, vinpocetine), antiplatelet agents (trental, chimes), microcirculation correctors (betagistin), and nootropic drugs (piracetam, butot ), polypeptides (cortexin, cerebrolysin), preparations of gamma-aminobutyric acid (pantogam, phenibut).
In addition to these drugs, antioxidants and antihypoxants (mexidol, preductal) are highly effective as microcirculatory correctors for the heart muscle, which not only improve blood flow in the myocardial capillaries, but also increase the resistance of its cells to oxygen starvation (hypoxia).
Of the means to correct microcirculation disorders in the kidneys, pentoxifylline, trental and chimes are more often prescribed.
In conclusion, it should be noted that blood flow disorders in small vessels are a rather extensive concept, containing a large number of diseases as causative factors. Therefore, only a full-time doctor should look for these factors, and patients who have some of the above symptoms should seek the help of specialists.
Circulatory disturbance in the lower extremities causes a rational organization of physical activity, a decrease in overweight. Avoid prolonged exertion while standing or sitting. To improve blood circulation, it is necessary to engage in outdoor sports (exercise bike, skiing, running, short-distance walking). At home, you can apply the following exercises: “birch”, “bicycle” in the supine position, flexion and extension of the ankle joints.
Ginger helps improve blood circulation.
Means and methods of traditional medicine can also have a beneficial effect on treatment, especially when capillary blood flow may be disturbed. Folk remedies that improve blood circulation are ginger, red pepper, garlic. At home, you can cook alcohol tincture of red pepper, which can improve peripheral blood flow in the legs.
With varicose veins, homeopathic remedies based on horse chestnut can be used, which normalizes and improves vascular tone. Such methods are used to improve blood circulation in the lower extremities, such as massage, wearing comfortable shoes with wide heels, contrast shower of legs, compresses with various alcohol tinctures based on herbs.
Among the options for alternative medicine, the method of Professor A. T. Ogulov is widespread. Dr. Ogulov recommends regular use of soda and garlic to improve blood circulation. Warm aqueous soda and chopped garlic should be consumed daily. It is believed that these products contribute to the elimination of toxins from the body, normalize the acid-base balance and improve the rheological properties of blood.
Circulatory disorders of the lower extremities is a common pathology and requires an individual approach. Treatment of arterial and venous diseases of the lower extremities in the acute period or with a long chronic course involves the use of various groups of drugs. Before looking for information on what to do and how to treat vascular diseases of the legs, you need to consult a surgeon.
Preparations for cerebral vessels
Patients who are already over 70 should take into account nootropic drugs. They contribute to the saturation of the cell structure with blood and oxygen, contribute to better absorption of glucose. Efficiency, focus and memory are enhanced by increasing sugar levels.
The disadvantages of nootropics include addiction and the need to increase dosage. To prevent this from happening, experts advise taking small breaks in use and replacing drugs. For preventive purposes, in addition to nootropics, the following are acceptable for use:
- Vitamin complex, remedies with ginseng extract.
- Glycine helps get rid of the effects of scleosis, improves intellectual activity.
- Piracetam stimulates the blood circulation, metabolism.
- Tanakan improves intellectual activity, helps get rid of anxiety.
To strengthen the vessels, patients are often prescribed injections. In this way, the active components of the drugs enter the blood faster, tone the walls of the capillaries, give the maximum effect.
Injectable drugs are classified as follows:
- Neutron drugs improve the functioning of nerve tissues.
- Myotropic, improve muscle fibers.
- Combined action.
- Alkaloids-based drugs eliminate vasospasm, widen the lumen, increase metabolism, and help get rid of blood clots.
- Medicines based on nicotinic acid act on the capillaries, help eliminate cholesterol plaques.
If vascular agents are used to stabilize blood circulation in the brain from such a subgroup, blood vessels can expand without damage to blood circulation. Such funds are used for cervical osteochondrosis. Often there is a stabilization of microcirculation.
Drugs in this group have a side effect, significantly lower blood pressure. Medicines are used only as directed by a doctor in the indicated dosage.
Alpha-adenoblocker drugs not only contribute to the expansion of capillaries, but also improve the metabolic process in the brain tissues, contribute to better platelet aggregation.
Why vessels narrow
Before proceeding to consider drugs to improve blood circulation and improve memory, you should first understand what is causing the disruption of this process.
Vasoconstriction is a dangerous pathological phenomenon, which is the most important mechanism for the occurrence of many diseases.
In the normal state of the vascular bed and blood circulation, there is sufficient supply of tissues and organs with nutrients, oxygen.
The reasons for this are diverse. They depend on external and internal factors and the duration of their influence.
Atherosclerosis is one of the main causes of vasoconstriction
- Atherosclerosis – cholesterol begins to be deposited on the walls of arteries as a result of a failure in metabolic processes, forming atherosclerotic plaques.
- Thrombosis and embolism – under the influence of certain factors, platelets begin to form blood clots. The thrombus may come off and partially clog the sludge of the vessels completely, thereby disrupting blood circulation.
- Inflammatory changes (vasculitis, arteritis) – swelling of the vascular walls occurs, which impairs blood flow.
- Disorders associated with metabolism in diabetes mellitus, thyrotoxicosis, overweight.
- Congenital vascular pathology.
- Endarteritis is an unexplained allergic reaction from the intima of the arteries, which leads to complete closure of the lumen.
In addition, external factors should be highlighted. Arteries are especially susceptible to them, since they have a muscle layer that responds by spasm to adverse circumstances.
The triggering factors are smoking, stressful situations, hypothermia, excessive drinking.
The treatment of this condition is to improve blood microcirculation and eliminate the causes of the development of the phenomenon. Therapy should begin on time, as vasoconstriction can lead to many unpleasant complications.