During pregnancy, it is important to monitor the health of the woman and the child. This is helped by the tests that the expectant mother takes. One of them is the analysis for the content of squamous epithelium in the urine.
The epithelium is flat in the urine during pregnancy what is it?
The epithelium is a layer of cells on the skin, mucous membranes and internal organs that are in close contact with each other.
Cells regenerate during division. They perform the function of protection do not allow various foreign bodies to enter the body. The epithelium also forms the endocrine glands.
In urine, squamous epithelium comes from the urethra and from the vagina.
Standards for pregnant women
The amount of squamous epithelium in urine is determined when a pregnant woman is given a urine test. Normally, in women, as well as in pregnant women, it should not be higher than one. Its presence in urine in women is associated with the physiological structure of the urinary tract. If a larger quantity is found, the patient will be sent for re-analysis to clarify the indicators.
After confirming the increased amount of squamous epithelium in urine, the doctor says that the patient has an infectious disease. Which must be started to heal. Because it was this that caused the disease.
Causes of deviations
- Inflammation of the urethra and bladder (urethritis and cystitis). Which can be caused by a bacterial, fungal or viral infection.
- Nephropathy This is a pronounced toxicosis in pregnant women in the last trimester. In this case, a sufficiently large number of erythrocytes and epithelium are released.
- Autoimmune disease Berger. With it, the deposition of immunoglobulin occurs in the kidneys.
- The use of analgesics. In the first trimester of pregnancy, the use of analgin is categorically contraindicated. There is a high probability of a bad effect on the development of the child’s cardiovascular system. In the second trimester, if there is a great need, analgesics are prescribed under the strict supervision of the attending physician.
- The reason for the increased content of squamous epithelium in urine may be a woman’s failure to comply with basic rules of personal hygiene.
After detecting an excess of the norm in the urine, the patient is prescribed additional diagnostics. But before that, you must once again pass a second urine test. At the same time, observe all the rules for collecting urine and properly prepare for this.
Basic rules and guidelines for urine collection
- A sterile container must be used to collect material. Which can be bought in advance at the pharmacy. If it is not possible to buy it, you can use a glass jar, only previously sterilized.
- A couple of days before passing urine, you need to stop eating vegetables and fruits of saturated colors (carrots, beets and others). Because of them, the color of the urine may change.
- For analysis, only night urine is needed, another will not work.
- Before collection, a woman needs to thoroughly wash her external genitals.
- It is recommended to collect a medium portion of urine. First you need to flush some urine down the toilet. Then continue into the container (required amount) and completely empty the bladder.
- 100 ml of urine is sufficient for analysis.
- After the urine is collected, screw the lid of the container tightly and sign your details. The material must be taken to the laboratory within one hour for the most accurate result. Be sure to attach direction to it.
The nuances of treatment during pregnancy
Symptoms for which a woman needs to see a doctor:
- The body temperature is increased.
- There is a feeling of discomfort when urinating.
- Pain in the lumbar back and abdomen.
- The face and legs began to swell.
- Instability of blood pressure (jumping from low to high).
- Weakness in the body.
- The general condition worsens.
A woman needs to consult with her gynecologist who is managing her pregnancy. If necessary, then appoint a consultation with a nephrologist, rheumatologist and therapist.
After additional examination and diagnosis, the woman is prescribed adequate treatment. Which will not threaten and affect the health of the fetus.
If nephropathy is detected in a patient, she is registered for treatment in a hospital so that she is under constant supervision of doctors.
An important point is to monitor changes in the patient’s kidney function during treatment.
- Antihypertensive drugs: Hypothiazide, Methyldop.
- Anticonvulsants are the main therapy in this case.
- Diuretics: Lasix. Euffelin and magnesium sulfate are administered intravenously and intramuscularly.
- Antipsychotics: Droperidol, Aminazine, Seduxen.
- Antispasmodics: No-shpa, Papaverine.
All these drugs are prescribed by the doctor to the patient, taking into account her situation. They should not harm the child and should be strictly prescribed by a doctor.
The therapy is carried out until it is 100% determined that childbirth, in this case, will take place without complications for the woman and the child. If the doctor does not observe improvement, then the question of the method of delivery is raised.
If cystitis or urethritis is detected, antibiotics are prescribed. Without them, with these diseases, it is impossible to achieve an effect. Choose drugs that act in the urinary tract. Pregnant women are given medication with a catheter into the very center of inflammation. When administered this way, antibiotics do not harm the baby.
With these diseases, pregnant women are allowed:
- Tablets: Cyston, Furagin, Kanefron.
- Antibiotics: Monural, Amoxiclav, Nolitsin.
- Candles: Hexicon, Betadine, Polygynax.
For candidiasis, local agents are prescribed:
- Vaginal suppositories: Livarol, Hexicon.
- Preparations in the form of vaginal tablets: Clotrimazole, Terzhinan.
- Creams: Betadine, Clotrimazole
- Tablets: Fluconazole, Nystatin.
The auxiliary means are:
- Fortifying drugs: Linex, Bifidumbacterin.
- Immunomodulatory drugs.
Self-medication during pregnancy is excluded, it can only be done with a doctor!
Thrush is sexually transmitted. Therefore, together with the woman, her partner must also be treated in order to avoid re-infection.
It is not in vain that during pregnancy, tests are prescribed before each visit to the doctor, thanks to which it is possible to identify any disease at the initial stage of development.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.