Emotions do not directly affect the work of the heart muscle. It is controlled by the autonomic nervous system. Consciously, a person cannot influence the signals from this department, but the constant anxiety and development of neurasthenia changes the situation. The heart begins to hurt on nervous soil, especially in the presence of other irritating factors:
- Hereditary predisposition begins to manifest itself at an early age. A congenital strong nervous system reduces the likelihood of autonomic failure. In the opposite situation, a person will begin to worry for any reason with virtually no reason.
- Stress leads to dysfunctions of the nerve centers. The regulation of the activity of the heart is disturbed, due to which there are vascular spasms that violate hemodynamics (blood flow). The resulting lack of oxygen provokes chest pain.
- A sharp change in climate is a stressful situation for the body. Signs of a failure of the autonomic nervous system are manifested right up to its full adaptation to new conditions.
- Hormonal balance is one of the factors affecting the normal functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems. Malfunctions in it occur several times more often in girls (menopause, pregnancy). Both sexes include a violation of the production of hormones (thyroid gland, adrenal glands) and puberty.
- Neurosis, depression and other mental disorders are one of the main reasons why the heart hurts when you are nervous.
Failures in the vegetative section can be aggravated by external factors:
- abuse of bad habits;
- physical inactivity or hyperdynamia;
- chronic overwork;
- the effect of taking medication;
- lack of sleep;
- reception of tonic agents;
- continuous work at the computer;
- abuse of spices.
The most typical reason for the appearance of such a pathology is angina pectoris, which occurs due to insufficient blood supply to the myocardium. In this case, the pressing sensation is paroxysmal and may be accompanied by burning pain. In addition, it can radiate to the shoulder or left shoulder blade, and in rare cases to the jaw or arm. Attacks occur during physical exertion or stress and last from three to five minutes, but not more than fifteen.
Presses in the heart and other diseases of the heart and vascular system:
- pulmonary embolism, i.e. clogged artery thrombus;
- myocarditis is an inflammatory process in the heart;
- neurocirculatory dystonia is a pathology in the form of a violation of hormonal and nervous regulation during the work of the heart and blood vessels;
- myocardial infarction – with insufficient blood supply, the problem area of the heart dies off;
- mitral valve prolapse is characterized by retraction of the valve cusps into the left atrium.
If the problem lies in psychology, then there are also a number of reasons why such an ailment may arise:
- constant stress and fatigue (asthenia);
- post-traumatic syndrome;
- fears (fear of getting any disease, fear of the dark, etc.);
- hypochondria is a constant, rather excessive, preoccupation with a state of health, including an exaggeration of existing symptoms, as well as their invention and diagnosis.
An unpleasant sensation of compression in the area of the heart muscle can also develop against the background of pathologies of the respiratory system. They are formed with the following diseases:
- chronic stage of pneumonia;
- tumor of the left lung;
- pneumoniasis is an incurable occupational disease when a patient constantly inhales dust containing talc, coal, asbestos and other harmful substances.
In cases where it presses in the heart muscle due to pulmonary pathologies, the pain gradually intensifies or alleviates, and may disappear with time. Interestingly, the symptom does not have a clear character of the attacks. The patient believes that the cause of the pain lies in the heart, but in fact it lies in the respiratory system.
Pulmonary diseases and pressure in the heart are accompanied by shortness of breath, cough, which is either dry, or with the release of sputum and even blood.
The reasons why a heart can hurt are varied. Often the pain that appears in the area of our main motor does not mean that the problems are in it. Therefore, doctors divided all such unpleasant sensations into categories, and here’s what happened:
- large load on the heart muscle;
- defects in the respiratory system;
- defects of large veins and arteries;
- received injuries of nerve trunks;
As a rule, it is these ailments that provoke pain that occurs in the region of the heart. But in this case, the question remains of how to timely distinguish the pain caused precisely by the heart, and not by another system of our body.
Similar symptoms with the manifestation of coronary artery disease require careful diagnosis. Turning to the doctor about heart anxiety, the patient suddenly gets a completely different diagnosis. Therefore, if aching pains in the region of the heart belong to the following disease, then so far you can not worry about the main organ:
- VVD – vegetovascular dystonia. The visible malaise is more aching, as if a splinter in the chest. Suspicion is supported by factors: rap />
- Shingles causes aches in the body.
- Neurotic pain occurs during periods of depression and stress. The help of a psychiatrist, a neurologist is required.
- Gastrointestinal tract diseases in a wide strip move from the hypochondrium to the area of the heart.
- Osteochondrosis, especially of the cervicothoracic region, exhausts a person. It is difficult for him to breathe, the slightest movement causes an attack of pain. This is the result of infringement of the roots and nerve endings in the spine.
If the heart aches because of its pathology, then it is important to determine the specific group to which it belongs:
- Inflammatory ailments of the heart: endocarditis, myocarditis, pericarditis. All of them are combined by inflammation of the walls of the myocardium. The nature of the pain in this case is dull or stitching, gradually increasing. Shortness of breath, weakness, intoxication, and palpitations begin.
- Myocardial dystrophy, which occurs as a result of a metabolic disorder in the tissues of the heart muscle, reducing its contractility. There are many different reasons for this. The disease progresses, dull aching pain in the region of the heart develops into an intense, chronic heart failure is sharply manifested.
- All sorts of defects do not provoke painful syndromes, but concomitant disorders are the reason that the heart aches.
- IHD – ischemia develops when there is a mismatch in the need for oxygen and its amount brought by the bloodstream. This is due to narrowing of the lumen of the coronary vessels as a result of atherosclerosis.
2. Myocardial infarction is a situation when the lack of oxygen becomes critical, and tissue necrosis occurs in a specific area.
Its concomitant symptoms:
- heart rhythm disturbances;
- fear of death.
|Heart disease:||Diseases of the stomach and esophagus:||Toxic effects:|
|Heart Overload:||Pulmonary pathologies:||Pathology of large vessels:|
|Mediastinal diseases:||Lesions of the nerve trunks:||Bone lesions:|
|Muscle damage:||Skin lesions:||Pathology of the mammary glands:|
An unpleasant sensation in the heart region or a pain of a constricting nature is the first sign of hypoxia of the heart muscle. With angina pectoris, compressive pain will also be reflected behind the sternum and be given to the left shoulder blade and arm.
Basically, this type of pain is characteristic of people suffering from heart rhythm disturbances. In addition to these painful sensations, often a man develops a manic fear of death and an uneven pulse.
If a person has a stenocardial attack, then the pain will also have a compressive character, while you need to monitor the duration of the pain. The fact is that a prolonged attack gives a signal about the beginning of the development of thrombosis or sharp stenosis of the coronary vessels. It is worth noting that in this case, taking nitroglycerin will not give a result, with such pain, cardiological emergency care should be called immediately.
Self-diagnosis is expressed in establishing a connection between pain syndromes and the pathology of the organ that provokes them. Many are familiar with the effect of distrust of the diagnosis. The patient is trying to consult in another medical institution, asks questions in medical forums. Recently on the Internet there is a set of programs that make life easier for the patient.
The initial data of the pathology are introduced into the technique, and it gives the result. Cheap and cheerful. There are no statistics on such self-diagnostics. If in a conversation with a doctor the patient cannot really tell what is aching in the region of the heart, then your feelings are necessary for your iron friend only as indicators of the initial input. In treatment at the pre-medical stage, you need to drink drugs and observe their effect.
The list of cardiogenic pain is very extensive, and this is a serious symptom for a visit to the doctor. It is unacceptable to pull and continue to hurt, making yourself only worse. Each pathology has its own treatment protocol. It is impossible to constantly experience pain on the left, rapid pulse, lack of air, when each breath is able to give into the left shoulder blade.
Turning to specialists will make it possible to carry out the necessary diagnostics:
- monitoring electrocardiogram, which will track the work of the heart per day;
- regular cardiogram;
- Ultrasound, which helps to establish blood circulation.
After this, treatment is prescribed, which must be performed in full. Its essence is not only in the ability to take several tablets. If the patient’s life is at risk, then surgical intervention is indicated. Some examples of the treatment of cardiac pathologies:
- Myocarditis, which has mild symptoms, in therapy is reduced to strengthening exercises and reducing active loads.
- Myocarditis caused by infections requires treatment with bed rest, the use of antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory non-stero >
Separately, it must be said about adolescents and pregnancy. In this category, heartaches of different etiologies can be pursued, mainly on the basis of changes in the hormonal background. They are associated with the restructuring of the body and are temporary.
According to statistics, the main killers of mankind are:
- deep vein thrombosis;
- peripheral artery disease;
- rheumatic heart disease;
- heart attacks;
Timely treatment of these pathologies is the key to lengthening the life of nations. Most of the diseases could be stopped or prevented by eliminating the risks that provoke them. Often, expensive drugs are not required for this. Awareness of the right lifestyle comes over the years, when, as the saying goes, drinking Borjomi is too late. Home remedies could adequately perform a preventive function.
Therefore, pathologies of the cardiovascular system – the very first reason why aching in the heart. If pains of this nature begin to haunt and occur even at rest, you should immediately go to the doctor for an examination. The choice of treatment should remain with the cardiologist.
If the culprit is a defect in the esophagus and stomach, then the pain will also be deployed in the region of the heart muscle. And to express such a symptom will be sharp pain, flies in the eyes and dizziness. Basically, these sensations can occur after eating and in the evenings.
It is also worth noting that a person may open up bleeding and lose consciousness. Therefore, do not wait at home when it becomes easier, you should immediately seek help.
With pulmonary embolism, the pain will intensify and be of a pressing nature, while the blood pressure in a person drops and even fainting can occur. The main sign of the development of this particular defect is panic attacks and a feeling of intense fear of death.
With a fracture of the ribs, a person can also experience sharp pain in the region of the heart, gradually developing into a gnawing or aching. Such a symptom can either increase or become less pronounced, but at the same time, pain in the heart will disturb even with inhalation.
If a person regularly lifts heavy weights, then subsequently he may be disturbed by a pressing or dull pain in the region of the heart. In itself, such pain will not be prolonged, but most often it only bothers during weight lifting.
If a person is bothered by stitching and irregular pain in the region of the heart, but no circulatory disorders have been noticed, then this symptom is not considered dangerous. Basically, this symptom manifests itself when a person has neurocircular dystonia. This defect is characterized by an insufficient rate of vasoconstriction and vasodilation. In this case, you will need to visit a doctor and undergo the necessary examination to prescribe adequate treatment.
It is worth noting that sometimes an unpleasant sensation in the heart, weakness can occur with tachycardia.
Why else may arise?
Recently you have consumed large quantities of alcohol and you have a hangover – pressing pain is normal. Alcohol negatively affects the heart muscle, namely the myocardium, as a result of which there is a feeling of pressure.
Flatulence is an accumulation of gases in the body that press on the internal organs, as a result of which the work of blood vessels and the heart is disrupted, which leads to chest pain.
Osteochondrosis is a disease characterized by painful and oppressive sensations in the heart, as a result of which pain occurs in the chest, which is accompanied by limited joint mobility and tingling on the skin.
Heartburn can also provoke chest pain. Discomfort is aggravated by tilting and taking a horizontal position.Ask a Question