Itching with cystitis is not a characteristic symptom of the disease. More often, the problem arises against the background of the development of complications or with the fungal nature of the disease. To eliminate obsessive sensations, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will tell you how to quickly get rid of the burning sensation with cystitis.
Itching and burning, causes of
Itching and burning with cystitis occurs as a result of the following reasons:
- development of urethritis. Often this disease occurs against the background of cystitis. In this case, inflammation of the urethra occurs, which is accompanied by itching and burning,
- reproduction of fungi of the genus Candida. Often, inflammation of the bladder is provoked precisely by the fungal nature. In this case, in parallel with the inflammation of the bladder, thrush, or vaginal candidiasis, develops, and itching covers not only the urethra region, but also the vagina,
- skin irritation. Sometimes, with cystitis, there is a slight discharge of urine, which, in the absence of timely hygiene, begins to irritate the skin and mucous membranes.
For a more accurate diagnosis, you should take tests and visit a doctor who will answer your question if there can be itching against the background of inflammation of the bladder.
Elimination of the symptom
In order to completely eliminate itching, burning, cramps and other unpleasant symptoms characteristic of cystitis, first of all, their root cause should be eliminated. For this, a comprehensive treatment is suitable, consisting of both pharmaceutical and folk remedies. So, let’s figure out how to quickly relieve the burning sensation with cystitis and return to a full-fledged lifestyle.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Emergency elimination of the problem
If cramps with cystitis and burning interfere with a full-fledged lifestyle, you can try to get rid of them using the following actions:
- Taking antihistamines – for this purpose, you can drink pills such as Diphenhydramine, Claritin or Loratadin. You can take pills 3 times a day, 1 piece. In some cases, drug therapy helps to completely eliminate an unpleasant symptom in a short time. The tissues stop itching within 15-30 minutes, but the symptoms can be treated in this way for no more than 3 days.
- Washing with herbal infusions and decoctions – this measure is effective for thrush, urethritis and uncontrolled urine flow. You can wash yourself with decoctions and infusions of chamomile, calendula and other herbs that have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. In some cases, after washing the intimate area, the discomfort disappears almost immediately.
- Sitting baths are an effective and efficient way. For their preparation, you can use herbal infusions. The time for taking such a bath should not be less than 15–20 minutes. The procedure should be repeated 2-3 times a day. The method is suitable for helping both a child and a pregnant woman.
Treatment of the causes of the symptom
Itching and burning are the body’s response to inflammation. In order to completely eliminate the symptom, it is necessary to resort to complex treatment, which may include:
- taking antibiotics. These drugs include Monural, Palin, Ceforal and others. In this case, the treatment regimen is determined exclusively by a specialist based on the individual characteristics of the patient,
- taking painkillers and antispasmodics. With the help of medicines, you can not only relieve attacks of pain, but also relieve itching and burning,
- home methods. This includes washing, sitz baths and ingestion of decoctions.
With the fungal nature of itching during cystitis, in addition to the drugs described above, the following can be prescribed:
- Vaginal suppositories, such as Tergian or Pimafucin.
- Miconazole and Nystatin tablets.
- Ointments such as Leomexin.
If the itching after cystitis has not gone away, perhaps its cause lies in the development of sexually transmitted diseases. In addition, a burning sensation after cystitis may indicate that the disease has not been treated.
Important! Before you start using medications, you need to find out the real cause of cystitis. Self-medication without consulting a qualified specialist can lead to dangerous complications. If you have any contraindications for taking medications, be sure to inform your urologist about it.
You can avoid the development of itching and other unpleasant sensations by adhering to the following rules:
- wash yourself regularly. During an exacerbation of the disease, do this after each visit to the toilet. Also, never use soap for this purpose,
- watch your personal hygiene. Change your underwear daily. Avoid wearing uncomfortable attributes such as thongs,
- protect yourself when changing sexual partners,
- for excessive discharge during cystitis, wear panty liners, which must be changed every 2 hours.
Itching in the vagina with cystitis indicates the development of complications. This is an unpleasant symptom that can disrupt the usual course of life. To find out the cause of the problem, it is important to visit a doctor who will tell you if itching occurs with cystitis, and pass a list of tests. This is an important condition for the appointment of a complete therapy!