Pressure nausea is one of many symptoms that cause discomfort to a person. What to do if a sudden pressure surge caught you off guard in a public place or transport. How to quickly help yourself when there is no medicine at hand?
Causes of pressure drops
If a person is sick and has a headache, the cause may be high or low blood pressure. Normal indicators differ in different periods of a person’s life: on average, 120/70 is considered the average variant of the norm. Therefore, everything above is called hypertension, below it is called hypotension. Both conditions are extremely unpleasant and dangerous in their complications.
To the question: can one feel sick with pressure – the answer is yes. In accordance with the values of the indicators, there are normotonics (such lucky ones), hypertensive and hypotensive patients. In people who do not have problems with the state of blood vessels, and the cause of pressure surges lies precisely in this, a decrease or increase in indicators occurs under the influence of external factors. This happens against the background of physical activity, during recovery from an infectious disease, with weakened immunity. The condition does not pose a threat to life and, as a rule, goes away on its own.
Low blood pressure nausea
The situation is completely different in people who have problems with blood vessels with blood pressure. Hypotensives are often meteorological, they do not tolerate intense loads, stress and disturbances in the rest regime. At 90/60 numbers, many of them feel good without any discomfort. Nausea, like a number of other symptoms, occurs at the time of a hypotonic crisis.
Symptoms of a sharp drop in pressure in an adult:
- dizziness against the background of general weakness,
- headache in the bridge of the nose, temples,
Types of hypotension
The factors that triggered the drop in values can be physiological and organic. To normalize the indicators, you need to eliminate the root cause of their deviation. Hypotension is true and secondary, the approaches to treatment are completely different. Nausea and vomiting in the primary form are always associated with a psycho-emotional factor:
- physical overwork,
- the consequences of stress,
- deficiency of nutrients in the body,
- weather dependence.
During a crisis, a person is worried about chills, it seems to him that the face is “burning”, the heartbeat may increase and the temperature may rise slightly (up to subfebrile figures of 37,3-37,50 C). Low blood pressure nausea is caused by insufficient blood flow to the brain.
The pressure surge occurs suddenly and sometimes goes away on its own.
What to do if the pressure drops sharply:
- Give the victim medicine to normalize the blood pressure, after preliminary measurement, of course. Most often it is Citramon, Caffeine.
- A cup of strong coffee or tea with sugar, or with chocolate, will enhance the effect of medications.
- A person may feel nauseous from uneven compression of blood vessels: to eliminate it, they take an antispasmodic (No-Shpa, Trigan).
- Sedatives are added if a stressful situation has occurred.
As a rule, this unpretentious set of tools is quite enough to normalize the patient’s condition.
It is quite another matter when a drop in blood pressure is a secondary sign. You cannot do without qualified medical care.
Secondary hypotension is due to external factors. Feelings of nausea at low blood pressure are caused by:
- craniocerebral trauma,
- cardiovascular diseases,
- disorders in the endocrine system,
- internal bleeding.
In this case, the pressure is normalized only after the elimination of organic pathology, respectively, the treatment will be completely different and the doctor should prescribe it.
High blood pressure nausea
Vomiting with increased pressure is associated with vasoconstriction and subsequent irritation of the vomiting center.
An increase in pressure to critical numbers is called hypertension. Its complication is called a hypertensive crisis. Feeling unwell from high blood pressure is accompanied by symptoms of dizziness, nausea and vomiting. If the pressure rises, a person often has an uncontrollable attack of fear of death, as a result of which an excess amount of adrenaline is released into the blood. The pulse quickens, weakness appears and at the peak of the attack the patient vomits.
Autonomic disorders can be observed indirectly: abdominal pain and diarrhea. If blood pressure is high, the body absorbs excess water to compensate to unload the vascular bed. Diarrhea of this genesis stops after pressure stabilization.
It is important to know! Hypertension is a cardiovascular disease, supervision of a therapist and cardiologist is necessary.
There are three degrees of development of the disease. The second and third require constant monitoring and medication to stabilize cardiac performance. Heart attack or stroke can occur without treatment.
What to do with high pressure:
- An antispasmodic (No-Shpa, Spazmalgon) will help to stop an attack of nausea.
- The next step will be the adoption of antihypertensive drugs in combination with diuretics.
- If after the measures taken, the pressure does not stabilize, it is necessary to call emergency medical care to prevent the development of complications.
Folk remedies for nausea
If vomiting from pressure happens to you often, alternative medicine methods will come to the rescue. They can be used both independently and in combination with medications:
- In case of sudden nausea in an adult, a child is helped by lollipops, mint candies, and lemon. The absorption process has a calming effect on the body and makes breathing easier.
- Healing infusion for blood vessels.
It is necessary to take in equal amounts of inflorescences of mint, St. John’s wort, chamomile and lemongrass, grind and pour boiling water. After the tea is infused, you can drink it with the addition of honey and lemon. The course of taking the medicine is 2 months. As a result, you will not only get stronger and healthy blood vessels, but also improve the work of the cardiovascular system.
Did you know! According to the results of calculations in recent years, the prevalence of hypertension among the population is more than 40%. The age of people at risk of the disease is constantly rejuvenating.
How to protect yourself from pressure drops
If you are at risk or are familiar with the disease firsthand, you need to take care of vascular health constantly. A few simple rules will help you make friends with your body and reduce unpleasant symptoms to a minimum:
- Drink plenty of water, water, not coffee or tea. This is a great way to reduce blood viscosity. By the way, if the values fall below 90/60, a glass of water drunk in 2-3 minutes. significantly alleviates the condition and normalizes performance.
- Do not overuse fatty, spicy and salty foods – this contributes to fluid retention in the body and negatively affects the state of blood vessels.
- Do not rise sharply in the morning, slowly roll over onto your side, stretch, “wake up your vascular system.”
- For preventive purposes, after consulting a doctor, herbal preparations and tinctures (eleutherococcus, ginseng, lemongrass, lemon balm) can be used to strengthen blood vessels.
- Do not abuse alcohol and nicotine, but rather give up completely from their use.
- Twice a year, it is recommended to undergo massage, physiotherapy, and therapeutic exercises.
- The correct organization of the daily routine, full sleep are required at any age.
- To maintain normal pressure, use a tonometer regularly, hypertensive patients often do not feel the increase in numbers, and this threatens the development of complications.
By adhering to these simple rules, you will learn to prevent the aggravation of the problem, attacks of nausea with pressure drops. Do not self-medicate, visit your doctor regularly and take care of yourself! Be healthy!
Blood pressure surges – what to do | # pressure jumps # pressure #edblack Dizziness and nausea: causes and treatment Dizziness (vertigo) with jumps in blood pressure
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.