The true cause of the frequent contraction of the myocardium that occurs after eating is the pressure of the increased volume of the stomach on the surface of the diaphragm. This creates a certain load on the myocardium, which is expressed in the increased rhythm.
Tachycardia after eating can be a symptom of a disease, and the causes can be:
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- a history of heart attack;
- overweight; gastrointestinal tract inflammation – gastritis, ulcer, gastroduodenitis;
- surgery on the stomach;
- disorders in the thyroid gland;
- high blood sugar;
- nervous disorders;
- anemic conditions;
- respiratory failure;
- side effect on the background of taking medications;
- excessive consumption of coffee and strong tea, alcohol-containing drinks.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
A healthy person
An attack of tachycardia can begin in a completely healthy person. In this case, the cause is excessive consumption of salty and fatty foods.
Heart palpitations may form as a result of overeating. In parallel with this, a person feels discomfort in the epigastric region.
There are a lot of reasons for the development of a pathological condition after eating. If it is due to the presence of systemic pathology, then the pains are felt not only in the abdomen, but also behind the sternum.
Why does tachycardia occur after drinking? In this case, the process formation proceeds according to a different scenario. Alcohol consumption causes excitement of the sympathetic nervous system. Its assimilation begins already in the stomach, so the feeling of intoxication comes much earlier.
Under the influence of ethanol, the heart muscle begins to contract much faster, due to the release of a large portion of adrenaline into the blood.
Doctors believe that tachycardia after eating is a pathological condition, but does not constitute a separate disease. This is evidence of a person having problems with the cardiovascular system. During this condition, a person shows the main signs of a systemic disease – tachycardia. They are expressed in interruptions in the heart rhythm, increased heart rate, and the appearance of the effect of a “pounding heart”.
Actually tachycardia, as a disease, is characterized by shortness of breath, excessive sweating, instant bouts of weakness. After eating, patients complain of all the symptoms of tachycardia, which indicates a pronounced deviation from the norm.
Symptoms of an increase in the frequency of contractions of the heart muscle over 90 beats per minute, as a pathological systemic disease (not only after eating), are:
- A strong heartbeat, accompanied by lack of air, chest pain, dizziness, loss of consciousness, as well as a sharp weakness and lethargy, increased anxiety, inability to work and be upright.
- In patients diagnosed with tachycardia of a paroxysmal nature, the symptoms are more vivid and sudden manifestation. Fainting is frequent, possibly a state of collapse. The expression “heart in the heels” is based precisely on such a pathological phenomenon. After an attack, patients complain of strong urge and a sharp need for urination.
Moreover, most cases of a serious condition after eating food are associated with normal overeating, which seriously affects the work of the heart muscle, as it increases the load on it. At the same time, healthy people who are characterized by overeating in the gastrointestinal tract often experience painful sensations.
In cases where food intake is associated with any systemic diseases, the pain is felt in the chest area, which is expressed in an increased frequency of contractions of the heart muscle.
Most often, with tachycardia attacks that occur after eating, shortness of breath appears. This is due to such a factor as a lack of additional oxygen, which is necessary for the heart with increased stress. In addition, the patient feels:
- a feeling of pressing pain in the chest;
- unexpected weakness;
- unmotivated anxiety.
Patients often complain of dizziness and darkening in the eye, up to a brief loss of consciousness, fainting.
- Of the diseases of the cardiovascular system in which a tachycardia occurs after heavy eating, pathologies such as arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease, as well as heart and arterial insufficiency and vegetative-vascular dystonia are most often diagnosed.
- Another reason for the high degree of frequency of contractions of the heart muscle is called a myocardial infarction, during which disturbances are recorded during the transmission of the pulse signal from the sinoatrial node to the ventricle, which significantly provokes an increase in the load on the heart many times over.
- Obesity is one of the most common and regular causes of such a condition as an increase in heart rate after eating, since deposits of fat accumulations are noted both in the gastrointestinal tract and on the tissues of any internal organs, which reduces their functioning.
- Filling the stomach causes squeezing of the diaphragm, and as a result there is shortness of breath, increased stress on the heart. In addition, the digestion of food is hard work even for a healthy body, in which there is a large expenditure of its energy resources (which also provokes an increase in the frequency of muscle contractions). A layer of fat accumulations on the tissues of internal organs makes digestion difficult.
- The causes of the pathological condition after eating as a tachycardia can be diseases of the intestinal tract, which are exacerbated when eating fatty and spicy foods. In such cases, patients complain not only of a rapid heartbeat, but also of the joined pain in the stomach. After resection of the stomach, an increased heartbeat is also observed, which is caused by the ingress of food directly into the small intestine. As a rule, the patient develops a state of weakness, general lethargy, and excessive sweating.
- Also, tachycardia after eating can be a consequence of thyroid pathology, and provoke the onset of a disease such as systemic tachycardia, which will be diagnosed not only after eating, but also after physical exertion, even weak ones. This is because the inflammatory foci that occur in this area provoke the appearance of hormonal nodes that disrupt the functioning of the thyroid gland, while increasing the load on the heart muscle.
- The occurrence of signs of tachycardia after a plentiful lunch or dinner can provoke neurotic attacks, pathology of the nervous system. In such cases, people just need to take something sedative and wait out the attack.
- Doctors also note the occurrence of this pathological condition as a result of taking certain medications that a person takes with food (according to the recommendations of doctors) in the treatment of various diseases. Such cases belong to the category of side effects of drugs or contraindications (they are usually indicated in the instructions for them). If this condition has caused a manifestation of the pathology, then you must inform your doctor who prescribed the drug.
- Patients diagnosed with acute heart failure, aortic insufficiency or anemia (due to an increase in stroke volume), heart block, atrial fibrillation often complain of a rapid heartbeat after eating.
- Violations of the heart rhythm of an idiopathic nature in healthy people can also cause attacks of this pathology, but, without posing a danger to a person’s life, they, when repeated, become a signal for the appearance of a cardiovascular disease.
As already noted, the appearance of a rapid heartbeat after eating is not in itself diagnosed as a disease requiring treatment or hospitalization. However, if a tachycardia attack begins immediately after eating, and such phenomena recur, then this should be taken seriously, since this type of manifestation of the pathology may be a sign of the presence of pathological diseases in a person that can become a problem.
It follows that in such cases it is urgent to consult a doctor who, after examination, can refer the patient to a specialist (depending on the identified cause) – a cardiologist, neurologist, endocrinologist, etc.
In addition, patients with a similar pathology should give up smoking, drinking alcohol and drinks with an energy effect, since they have an exciting effect and stress the nervous system, as a result of which the heart rate increases.
In case of gastrointestinal tract pathologies or pathological obesity, patients are recommended a special diet, food intake according to the medical scheme. The diet is recommended according to an individual plan that takes into account a systemic disease that causes tachycardia after eating food, and personal parameters – height, gender, weight of the patient.
When contacting a patient’s doctor with complaints of the appearance of a heartbeat after eating, the type of underlying disease and the type of tachycardia are determined by the pulse. They also use auscultation (a method of physical diagnosis, which consists in listening to sounds generated during the functioning of organs, there is a direct action – listening to an organ by an ear, and of an indirect form, for which special devices are used). Clarification of the diagnosis gives the result of the ECG.
In addition, the doctor asks the patient about his feelings – the presence and frequency of dizziness and shortness of breath, weakness, and cases of loss of consciousness. The doctor also clarifies the details of the lifestyle – the type of his activity, the load, the eating regimen, the possibility of stress.
Also for diagnosis:
- measure pressure;
- carry out daily monitoring of the Holter type;
- conduct pulse oximetry;
- perform a study of the state of the thyroid gland;
- do blood tests.
Heartbeat for no reason
The factors at which the heart rate is increasing can be very diverse:
- low or high blood sugar;
- malfunctions of the hormonal system;
- excessive eating;
- pathology of the heart;
- age-related reasons;
The normal pulse in a healthy person is 60 beats per minute, with excessive satiety with food, this indicator can significantly increase. When overeating, the heart rate can reach 90-100 beats per minute, while the patient begins to experience a lack of oxygen.
The cause is a full stomach, which begins to exert additional pressure on the diaphragm of the heart. In addition to the load on the heart muscle, a person may experience discomfort in the abdomen, pain in the chest and heart region, yawning caused by a lack of oxygen, shortness of breath and dizziness. The body does not have enough incoming oxygen, a feeling of overwork and oxygen starvation appears.
If the patient notes a problem in his heart, he should completely abandon the use of alcoholic beverages, drugs, smoking, coffee and other energy drinks. It is imperative to establish your diet and follow a diet. At a young age, it is natural causes that cause tachycardia after eating. In a healthy body, pathological abnormalities have not yet formed, and only improper nutrition complicates the process of life.
Amplified heartbeats are not the main problem of overeating. Chronic overload on the heart leads to the development of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Cases of heart attack in overweight people are not uncommon.
Tachycardia rarely develops in a single order, it is accompanied by such serious diseases as coronary heart disease, vegetovascular dystonia, heart failure. All these diseases have the most serious consequences and can lead to sudden death.
If a person’s heart rhythm rises immediately after eating, he should immediately consult a specialist.
Causes of tachycardia after eating:
- pathology of the heart muscle;
- overweight, obesity;
- digestive tract problems;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- disorders of the thyroid gland.
In itself, a rapid heartbeat is not a serious disease and does not require surgical intervention. If the heart beats badly, you should consult a doctor and find out the cause of the ailment.
Experts note that the digestion process consumes a large amount of energy, which, in turn, additionally loads the heart and its heartbeat can become more frequent. The fat layer formed on the walls of the internal organs complicates the digestion process and leads to blockage of the channels. The consequence of this may be the formation of blood clots and even cardiac arrest.
Digestive system problems can often cause tachycardia, causing pain in the abdominal cavity, vomiting reflexes, burning in the lower chest. Impaired thyroid function also contributes to the development of chronic tachycardia. Changes in the endocrine system adversely affect the work of the heart.
Medications taken with meals can trigger tachycardia. It is worth carefully familiarizing yourself with the side effects of medications used to treat other diseases. If drug tachycardia is detected, you should consult your doctor and replace the drugs used.
The immediate cause of tachycardia after eating is the pressure of an overflowing stomach on the diaphragm. As a result, a load on the heart is created, which is directly expressed in an increase in the heart rate. Heart palpitations due to overeating happen even in completely healthy people. However, such a condition develops into severe tachycardia, as a rule, only in the presence of a serious concomitant pathology.
A heart palpitations after eating can be triggered by the following diseases and conditions:
Diseases of the cardiovascular system. These include, for example, coronary heart disease, hypertension, hypertension, cardiovascular failure, aortic insufficiency. Also, tachycardia is a characteristic sign of vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD). At the same time, VVD is not an independent disease, but represents a complex of symptoms, which can h >
A variety of factors provoke an increase in heart rate after eating, which include:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system: angina pectoris, insufficiency, vegetovascular dystonia (VVD). Myocardial infarction is a special pathology that increases the risks of developing disorders in the work of the heart. The causes of the occurrence are associated with improper conduct of electrical impulses in the tissues.
- Excess weight. Obesity is considered to be a predisposing factor to the progression of many diseases of not only cardiovascular, but also endocrine nature. Fat deposits are located under the skin, as well as around organs, especially near the heart, which impairs its activity. The load on the vessels and the myocardium increases, forcing the body to work for wear. Such people have increased drowsiness.
- Pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular, inflammatory. Gastric and duodenal ulcers, gastroduodenitis, gastritis have a serious effect on the heart. Most often, a pronounced heartbeat appears after eating fatty or spicy foods, accompanied by a pain symptom in the epigastrium.
- Endocrine Disorders With problems with the thyroid gland, tachycardia develops, which at first is closely related to food intake, and already in the future it becomes systemic. If the symptom is of thyroid origin, the patient has a fever. The development mechanism is based on the action of thyroid hormones. Another significant endocrine pathology is diabetes mellitus, in which the occurrence of tachycardia indicates a severe course of the disease.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders. Here, in addition to a rapid heartbeat, fatigue appears.
- Diseases of the respiratory system.
- Disorders of the urinary system, tumors of the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, certain medications, coffee and tea.
Digestion of food is a process that requires significant energy consumption, so in some cases the heart can work more actively. In addition, food, having entered the stomach, presses on the walls of the diaphragm. A person has to breathe more often, which causes a more active work of the heart muscle. Therefore, often a frequent heartbeat is caused by individual characteristics of the processes of life. If tachycardia occurs in rare cases, drug intervention is not required. Some rules should be followed:
- Eat fractionally (in small portions);
- Do not drink water after eating;
- Adhere to a healthy diet, reduce or completely abandon harmful products (fried, fatty, spicy, sugar-containing, as well as carbonated drinks and foods that contribute to flatulence);
- Do not exercise after eating, but do not lie. The best option is an easy walk.
If the recommendations are followed, and the attacks are repeated, you should consult a doctor and undergo an additional examination. At first glance, it seems that there is no justified reason for heart palpitations. However, this may be because so far this reason is unknown. This may be one of the symptoms of a neurosis.
Heart palpitations can be triggered by various causes.
Causes of increased heart rate
It must be remembered that the causes of heart palpitations are in each case a combination of several factors, because a frequent pulse can signal both the problems of the body as a whole and the pathology that struck any one patient’s system. In many respects, the frequency of heart contractions depends even on the person’s age – a young child always has a higher heart rate than an adult.
Heart rate can increase even after a heavy meal – this always stimulates the flow of blood to the digestive system at the initial stage. In the process of further digestion of food, a frequent heartbeat is explained by the absorption of nutrients and the release of hormones into the blood. With gastrointestinal disease, a frequent pulse can be explained by reflex effects – with cramping and pain attacks.
Undoubtedly, heart palpitations, the causes of which excite patients most of all, in the vast majority of cases occur during pathological processes in the cardiovascular and nervous system. It should be understood that emotional stimuli very often cause an acceleration of heart rate, which quickly and independently disappears after the end of stress, but such an attack is difficult for patients to tolerate.
In the pathology of the circulatory system, a frequent heartbeat becomes habitual, and sometimes a symptom invisible to humans – the patient is so “accustomed” to his condition that he stops responding to it. Physical and emotional overload can provoke a deterioration of the condition, and it is stress that becomes the trigger, which ultimately leads the person to consult a doctor.
A frequent heartbeat in metabolic diseases can occur with a decrease or increase in the concentration of hormones in the blood serum – even a slight change in the level of the hormones of the thyroid pituitary gland, thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, and adrenal glands can cause a frequent pulse.
The physiological limits of the norm for each person are individual
It must be remembered that tachycardia can occur when certain foods are eaten – the pulse can accelerate after eating a lot of caffeine, tannin, some other alkaloids, which are quite a lot in medicinal herbs, some berries and even vegetables. In some patients, a frequent heartbeat may occur when taking medications – some drugs by themselves accelerate the pulse, while others can cause compensatory reactions, for example, when taking diuretics and removing a large amount of microelements (potassium, magnesium, sodium, chlorine) from the body.
In any case, attacks of tachycardia should become the reason for the patient to see a doctor – lost time can lead to the development of irreversible changes in the body.
The main symptom of tachycardia is an accelerated heart rate. Very often, a panic attack accompanies the attack, the patient is overcome by the hopelessness of the condition and the fear of death. Moreover, the more a person panics, the more intense the attack of tachycardia becomes.
Other possible symptoms of pathology (there may be several, or maybe not at all):
- stomach ache;
- general weakness, lethargy, body aches;
- a feeling of constriction and soreness in the chest;
- darkening of the eyes;
- loss of consciousness;
- sweating (cold sweat);
At the initial visit to a specialist, diagnostic measures are carried out to identify the causes of tachycardia. If you find signs of tachycardia after eating, you should definitely go through a series of studies to establish the correct diagnosis, otherwise there is a risk of taking medications that will aggravate the situation. For example, if tachycardia is caused by impaired function of the endocrine system.
After a therapeutic examination and history taking, additional studies are prescribed for the patient:
- cardiac electrocardiography determines the frequency and rhythm of contractions of the heart muscle;
- daily monitoring of Holter allows you to determine the manifestation of tachycardia in a patient’s normal life for a day;
- echocardiography and MRI identify possible pathologies of the heart;
- electrophysiological study – the use of an electrical impulse gives information about the conductivity of the heart.
Blood tests for the content of thyroid-stimulating hormones are mandatory. Only after passing all the procedures the doctor can establish the correct diagnosis and the corresponding treatment.
The doctor listens to the patient’s complaints, asks him about the frequency of attacks, the presence of additional symptoms (for example, dizziness, shortness of breath or soreness in the stomach). To find out the cause of tachycardia, the following methods can be used:
- blood pressure measurement;
- blood tests;
- examination of the thyroid gland;
- study of sugar metabolism in the patient’s body;
- direct or indirect auscultation (listening to the work of organs);
- transesophageal electrocardiogram and atrial stimulation;
- daily Holter monitoring of the electrocardiogram;
- pulse oximetry;
- MRI of the heart muscle;
- stress test;
- brain electroencephalogram.
In addition to a thorough history, the doctor must clarify how often the patient observes tachycardia attacks, whether nausea or headache was present.
To clarify the reasons that caused a rapid heartbeat after eating, use a variety of research methods. The simplest include measuring blood pressure and auscultation. It is extremely important to do a general blood test and biochemistry. An electrocardiogram (especially Holter daily monitoring), echocardiography, ultrasound of the heart, functional tests with physical activity, the study of thyroid and pancreas hormones also help to find out the causes of tachycardia.
If after eating a heartbeat becomes more frequent, a person cannot live a normal life. The patient often has a headache, it is difficult to breathe, and often there is a feeling as if something heavy is standing on his chest. He has to constantly struggle with malaise, refuse food, which is also not good. To eliminate tachycardia attacks associated with eating, you need to identify its cause. For this, a special examination is prescribed, which involves the use of methods such as:
- electrocardiogram, echocardiography;
- MRI of the heart muscle;
- electrophysiological examination;
- brain electroencephalogram.
For the effective treatment of tachycardia that occurs after eating, a complex of therapeutic actions is used. To begin with, it is necessary to completely exclude the cause of the accelerated work of the heart muscle. Diet and rejection of foods that cause abnormal heart function will help relieve the first symptoms. In cases where tachycardia is caused by natural causes, medical and surgical treatment is not required.
Treatment of chronic tachycardia caused by problems with the nervous system involves consulting a neurologist and further use of sedatives and psychotherapy. The patient is shown peace and avoidance of stressful situations.
When sinus tachycardia is detected in patients with heart failure, the use of agents for the treatment of the cardiovascular system is indicated. Ventricular tachycardia is considered the most dangerous and, as a rule, requires emergency intervention and hospitalization of the patient. Most often, heart surgery is indicated.
With early diagnosis of the disease, surgery is rarely required. Having eliminated the cause of the disease, the heart rhythms are restored on their own. The patient returns to a normal lifestyle. Cases of relapse are often noted with an increase in the patient’s age and his violation of the indications and recommendations of the doctor for the prevention of the disease. It is recommended to exclude attempts to self-diagnose the disease and treatment using traditional medicine.
The fight against tachycardia consists in eradicating the cause that led to this pathology, because heart palpitations are not a disease, but a symptom of another health problem. Tachycardia can even be a manifestation of a temporary condition, for example, a consequence of excessive alcohol consumption the day before. In many cases, the work of the heart can be normalized by standard means aimed at stabilizing the nervous system.
The tactics of treatment are determined depending on the cause of tachycardia identified in the diagnosis. In most cases, conservative methods are used to overcome the problem. However, if we are talking about thyroid hormone intoxication or hypothyroidism, the consequences of rheumatism or coronary disease, surgery is likely to be needed. After the intervention of the surgeon, the patient’s condition returns to normal.
To prevent tachycardia attacks, this recipe from the arsenal of traditional medicine is recommended:
- Take half a tablespoon of green tea, ground rosehip and motherwort herb.
- Shuffle the components.
- Brew the mass.
- Consume daily 3 times daily before meals.
Tachycardia that occurs after eating is not considered a separate disease that can be eliminated by drinking a few tablets. If a person has a heartbeat after eating, he needs to eliminate the factor that provokes this phenomenon. The methods of therapy are selected by the doctor based on the results of the examination. Self-medication can aggravate the situation and lead to serious complications.
During treatment, the patient must adhere to some rules. It is necessary to adjust the diet, not to abuse sweets, fatty dishes and eat fractionally. It is recommended to completely abandon tobacco, alcohol, coffee and caffeinated products, in particular, from energy drinks. It is necessary to avoid stress, sleep at least 8 hours a day.
How to get rid of unpleasant pathology?
Treatment of the condition consists in eliminating the root cause, since the pulse after eating is quicker – not a disease, but a symptom of an existing pathology.
If tachycardia rarely develops after eating, then it does not need medical correction. In this case, it is enough to follow a few simple recommendations:
- fractional nutrition recommended;
- after eating it is forbidden to drink;
- you must adhere to the rules of dietary nutrition.
After eating, in order to avoid the development of an attack, you need to take a short walk. It is advisable to refuse significant physical exertion or passive lying on the couch.
During an attack of tachycardia, the following drugs can be used:
- Antiarrhythmics. Funds from this group are prescribed only after a full medical examination and the establishment of the true cause of tachycardia. An important condition is the exact observance of the prescribed dosage.
You can calm a strong heartbeat using folk remedies.
- Ogarkov Balm. Recommended for use if tachycardia is caused by a malfunction of the thyroid gland. The tool well eliminates the typical symptoms – shortness of breath, swelling, etc.
- Hawthorn. It is used in the treatment of pathology caused by menopausal changes. In 200 ml of boiling water, brew 1 tbsp. l berries. Insist 20 minutes. Filter and drink 1/2 cup half an hour before meals.
- Adonis. In 200 ml of boiling water, brew 1 tsp. dry grass. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Then insist in a thermos for 3-5 hours. Filter and drink 1 tbsp. l three times a day.
- Garlic with lemon. You need to chop 10 garlic heads. Add to them the juice of 10 lemons. Stir and add 1 tbsp. l honey. Leave the product for a week. Eat 4 tsp.
- Decoction of adonis. 1 tsp Adonis must be filled with boiling water. Then bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the broth into a thermos and leave to insist all night. Filter the finished composition and drink 1 tbsp. l everyday.
- Honey with lemon. You need to take honey (1 tbsp. L.), Almonds (18 pcs.), Large lemon fruits (4 pcs.), Tincture of valerian (10 ml), geranium (16 leaves), camphor grains (6 pcs.), Tincture hawthorn (10 ml). Peel the lemon, squeeze out all the juice from it. Stir it with honey. Grind geranium and almonds through a meat grinder. Mix all prepared ingredients. The very last you need to grind camphor grains and also add them to the overall mixture. Mix the components thoroughly. Take the medicine once a day in the morning on an empty stomach for 1 tbsp. l
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.