The procedure for the sudden occurrence of pain in the heart depends on their nature and causes.
- relax – take a comfortable pose and make sure that nothing bothers you;
- breathe correctly – take slow but deep breaths, trying not to cause unpleasant sensations in the breath.
The pain should go away within 5-10 minutes, you can take a heart remedy or a sedative, when the pain was preceded by stress.
2. Aching. Often such pain is accompanied by a burning sensation in the chest area:
- take aspirin and analgin;
- open the windows so that air can freely enter the room;
- take a relaxing pose.
The pain should gradually go away within 1 hour.
3. With numbness of the left hand:
- measure indicators: check pulse and pressure level;
- breathe deeply, both on exhalation and on inhalation;
- take nitroglycerin.
4. With respiratory complications:
- take a comfortable pose, it is best to lie down;
- take care of comfort – unfasten the belt and buttons, clothes should not press;
- if the room is hot, turn on the air conditioner or open the windows;
- take it easy, take a sedative, heart medication, nitroglycerin;
- breathe deeply.
The action should be felt after half an hour.
- take a heart medication;
- try to move less;
- Call a doctor.
- free yourself from clothing that fetters movement;
- Open the window;
- breathe deeply;
- you can drink nitroglycerin.
The condition should improve after 15 minutes.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
- With a hangover
- When inhaling
- From experiences
- After coffee
- In pregnancy
- When emergency hospitalization is not needed, what can be done at home
- In pregnancy
- Disease pain
- Questions to the doctor – what should I do if my heart hurts?
- In pregnancy
- Related Videos
- Herbal Remedies
- Heather grass
- May lily of the valley
- Mint and lemon balm
- Characteristic symptoms of heart pain
- Sharp pain
- Heart ache
- First a >
- Non-cardiogenic pain
- Pain due to osteochondrosis
- Psychogenic factors
- Vegetosovascular dystonia
- Cardiogenic pain
- Features of cardiac ischemia
- Aortic aneurysm
- Cardialgia treatment
- Herbal Remedies
- Development mechanism
- How to recognize a heart attack
- Inflammatory diseases of the heart
- How “heartless” pains to the left of the sternum are felt
- Pleural involvement
- Intercostal neuralgia
With a hangover
First, clean your intestines – drink activated charcoal (1 tablet per 10 kg of your weight), drink with still water. Dilute the water with lemon juice. Replenish the body with vitamin C and mineral salts. Take 16 drops of valocordin and tincture of hawthorn per 100 ml of water. Do not increase the dose. Open the windows, ventilate the apartment, lie under a blanket, try not to think about the bad and fall asleep. Remember, alcohol is unhealthy.
If a teenager has heart pain, you need to visit a doctor. Be sure to adhere to general recommendations: do not overeat (especially at night), exclude coffee, spicy and fatty foods from the diet, give preference to diet. Physical exercises exert a favorable effect: morning exercises, walking with a calm step, swimming, light running (starting from short distances and gradually increasing them).
It is worth drinking a course of sedatives: valerian or motherwort. Before going to bed, take a bath with salt. Undergo massage sessions that will help get rid of pain.
If your heart aches unexpectedly, help your child take a comfortable pose, wash her face with water, provide fresh air and give a sedative. Follow the health of the child and sign up for a consultation with a specialist.
The very first thing to do with pain in the heart during inspiration is to sharply change the position in which you are and take a deep breath. Such a syndrome is considered to be harmless, it can make itself felt several times a day. But under such circumstances it is still necessary to visit a doctor.
In stressful situations, an adrenaline rush occurs and cardiac cramps appear. In order to get rid of discomfort, it is necessary to do some exercises, provide yourself with physical activity. You can do 30 pieces of squats, push-ups, running on the spot will help. You can drink a course of sedatives (tinctures of hawthorn and motherwort), so as not to react so sharply to situations that annoy you.
It is better to observe moderation in the use of the drink! You can change the brand, switch from custard to a soluble variety. If the case repeats repeatedly – exclude coffee from the diet, be sure to consult a cardiologist before finding out the cause and determining the diagnosis. Next, follow the doctor’s recommendations.
The treatment of severe heart pain during pregnancy is complicated by the fact that not every drug can be used. Some drugs can trigger an abortion; other drugs can adversely affect your baby’s health. Heart treatment should be carried out only under the supervision of doctors, self-medication is unacceptable. You can strengthen your heart to avoid such troubles.
Heart pain is an alarming symptom that cannot be ignored. In acute pain that does not go away after taking conventional sedatives, it is accompanied by respiratory failure, loss of consciousness, numbness of the extremities, emergency medical care is needed.
In other cases, you will be helped:
– prescribe additional tests, a cardiogram, help determine which specialist consultation you need.
– deals directly with heart disease. He will carry out a set of studies that will help confirm or exclude a cardiac diagnosis.
– deals with neurosis, neuralgia, heart pain, nervous etiology.
In order to understand what exactly hurts the heart, it is necessary to take into account typical symptoms:
- an attack of pain occurs during exertion – walking, especially uphill or on stairs, stress, hypothermia;
- after being at rest, taking Nitroglycerin subs >
So a normal attack of angina occurs. Sensations in diseases of the nervous system are manifold – the heart stabs, burns, achs, pain is localized near the left breast. A characteristic difference in heart pain is that it does not increase with breathing, turning and tilting the body, and there is no constant connection with eating.
To this question, cardiologists often can give only a few answers related to the heart (angina pectoris or myocardial infarction).
This disease manifests itself directly in the form of angina pectoris or a state of heart attack. The heart muscle requires a regulated flow of blood enriched in oxygen and other nutritional compounds. If the vessels of the heart have the fact of narrowing or contraction, then the muscle responds with pain. A similar pain syndrome is the basis for angina pectoris. In the case of a long process of such sensations, the action can go into myocardial infarction.
With the course of angina pectoris, pain progresses in the thoracic region. The disease can progress to pain in the upper limbs, cervical spine. Some patients may experience a lack of sensitivity in the upper limbs. The duration of the pain syndrome is 5-7 minutes.
If the pain intensifies intolerance, other symptoms appear in the form of suffocation, pallor, excessive sweating, then this is a sign of a pre-infarction condition. In this case, the patient should be given first aid.
There is a list of factors in the presence of which it is strongly not recommended to drink coffee. It can not be used for pensioners and children. Adolescents also need to limit themselves to drinking coffee and coffee-containing drinks frequently. For people with hypertension, this drink is strictly prohibited.
It is forbidden to drink coffee for people with hypertension
Various studies have shown that nothing happens after a coffee with a person suffering from cardiac diseases. At the same time, you can drink no more than 1-2 cups per day, depending on age and condition. Coffee should not contain sugar and be too strong. It is also worth noting that regular use of this drink reduces immunity.
Very often, those who work hard, coffee and spirits lovers may complain of discomfort in the heart. They say that the heart stops, then beats fast and dull pain lasts a long time. The same symptoms are often experienced by people with active sports, women during menopause or menopause.
What to do with heart pain caused by a neurosis? Corvalol will help. Calms the nervous system, dilates blood vessels, anesthetizes.
The medicine is available in the form of drops and in the form of tablets. Better to take before meals. The recommended dose is 20 drops, if severe tachycardia is 40 drops.
Baths are good at relieving symptoms. Water temperature should not be higher than 38 °. The addition of aromatic oils, better with coniferous notes, will help to relax. Herbal preparations Persen Cardio, Novo-Passit, motherwort extract will relieve pain.
The correct attitude to life will help with such conditions. Get enough sleep, give up coffee, alcohol, strong tea. To walk alot. Learn recipes of traditional medicine and choose some of them for yourself.
Medicinal herbs, taken in a ratio of 1: 1: 1: 3: 2, represent a good soothing collection with hypnotic effect:
An infusion is prepared from it: a glass of boiling water – a teaspoon of herbal composition. Drink a glass of infusion per day.
Short physical exercises, hardening, massage, food rich in vitamins and useful substances will get rid of unpleasant symptoms.
When emergency hospitalization is not needed, what can be done at home
With heart pain, first aid comes down to taking sedatives and drugs that will help restore blood circulation. Corvalol can be taken for any pain. It removes panic and anxiety, which increase pain, provoke a worsening of the condition.
“Cores”, who have a history of heart disease, with an attack of pain, you need to take:
- Nitroglycerin Validol
– to improve blood circulation, relieve spasm of blood vessels, reduce manifestations of fear and panic.
- Nitroglycerin Aspirin
– to remove the spasm, normalize blood circulation, make the blood less viscous. This combination helps with suspected stroke, it will help the patient “hold out” until the ambulance arrives and minimize cardiac muscle necrosis.
The table shows the most popular drugs that are used for heart pain, and their dosage.
|preparation||дозировка||Kind of pain||What is it for?|
|Infusion of valerian or motherwort||20-30 drops in a small amount of water||aching||Soothes nerves, relieves anxiety, normalizes heart rate|
|Corvalol||20-30 drops, dilute in a small amount of water||Aching, pressing, stitching neurological||Soothes, relieves nerve pain, normalizes heart rate|
|Validol||1 tablet under the tongue||aching||Soothes, normalizes the pulse. It is used for heart pains against stress and with strong emotional experiences.|
|1 tablet under the tongue. If the pain persists, after 5-7 minutes you can take another, but no more than 5 pieces in a row.||Sharp, stitching||Expands blood vessels, prevents the development of ischemia. Lowers blood pressure. Relieves an attack of angina pectoris.|
|Cardiomagnet||1 tablet||Acute, stitching, as well as any kind of pain in the presence of heart disease||It dilutes blood, improves blood circulation, and prevents ischemia. Unlike aspirin, it is not harmful to patients with gastrointestinal diseases.|
If the heart hurts badly, you need to call an ambulance. You can’t endure heartache!
In such cases, hospitalization is needed. If doctors ruled out a serious pathology, and the heart hurts, you can try to relieve the pain at home.
If your heart hurts often, there should be a set of emergency medicine in your home medicine cabinet:
- tablets of validol and nitroglycerin;
- corvalol or valocardine;
- Corvalent capsules, Corvaltap tablets;
- nitromint aerosol.
In the medicine cabinet, there may be other drugs recommended by your doctor. Medications can be in a purse, pocket (validol, nitroglycerin), should be inaccessible to children.
If your heart hurts constantly, heart attacks occur, you need to teach household members the rules of first aid and resuscitation.
How to help yourself with heart pain with a known disease, the patients themselves know, they are taught by doctors. You should not drink unfamiliar medications for pain. Perhaps they are contraindicated for a particular person.
- If pain is accompanied by high blood pressure in hypertensive patients, fast-acting drugs should be taken (absorbable under the tongue).
- With angina pectoris, sprays of the Isoket type are prescribed. Patients should carry them in their pocket with them. Nitroglycerin acts on the affected vessels, but not well tolerated by all. Severe headaches are possible.
- At home, the mustard placed on the heart area has a distracting effect, massage in pain points.
Massage along the spine helps with osteochondrosis with pain
If the pain arose for the first time, the reasons are unclear, but somehow it is necessary to remove it, the right choice would be such means as valocordin, corvalol (20-30 drops). Be sure to unfasten a tight collar, belt, belt so that you can breathe freely.
It will not hurt to take an aspirin pill (chew and drink with water), rest.
First aid for heart pain should be provided for when compiling a first-aid kit, duplicated in the stock of a motorist and in a summer cottage.
If the pain in the heart is not acute, but aching, dull, clearly associated with excitement, then you need to drink sedatives. For this, motherwort, valerian in alcohol tinctures, validol tablets under the tongue are suitable. Try to get distracted by interesting work, a topic of conversation.
By the way, 50 g of cognac also helps to calm down, but in the future this method should not be carried away. You will need the help of a neurologist and course treatment.
When there is no confidence in the correctness of the measures taken, do not overestimate your knowledge, it is better to call an ambulance.
A special attitude was formed towards people in a drunken state. They are not trusted even with complaints of severe heart pain. Do not leave such a person alone, although perhaps he is very unpleasant. Call the ambulance, make sure that the car has arrived.
If, despite the help, it hurts badly for 15-20 minutes, there is a rhythm disturbance, dizziness, it is necessary to call an ambulance. You can not tolerate prolonged pain. There are ECG devices on the ambulance. It is possible to conduct an initial diagnosis to exclude acute heart attack. The equipment includes painkillers.
The correct option: after the assistance provided, the patient felt improvement, but still it is necessary to undergo a full examination in the clinic, without waiting for repeated attacks. No need to joke with the heart.
Pain syndrome relative to the heart muscle may not always correspond to a defect in the severity or depth of the disease:
- Myocardial ischemia gives a feeling of pressure that spreads to both upper limbs. A person can experience such sensations after the exercises or due to overeating.
- The state of acute myocardial infarction presents similar symptoms, but with great intensity and duration. The illness persists for 30 minutes, sometimes longer.
- Myocarditis, which is a fairly common reason for the appearance of pain. Unpleasant aching and stitching sensations have a specificity to arise in the hypochondrium, while a person experiences pain in the chest and upper limbs. A characteristic feature of this kind of pain will be dependence on the breathing process or the location of the patient.
- The process of cardiomyopathy, like the rest, will be accompanied in the form of pain, but with different zones of dislocation.
- Mitral valve prolapse, unlike other types of sensations, will have differences in the long-term syndrome of various pain, which cannot be neutralized with nitroglycerin.
- Myocardial dystrophy, characterized by a variety of painful palettes in the sternum.
Almost all people who are in pain ask themselves: what should I do if my heart hurts? The main advice for this problem will not be an attempt to make a diagnosis at home, but an appeal to a qualified specialist
If a person notes that the pain syndrome overtakes him with turns of the body, the respiratory process, accompanied by inhalations and exhalations, and drugs do not reduce him, then, most likely, unpleasant sensations can be associated with diseases such as radiculitis or rib cartilage disease.
ress situations and a state of depression can also prove to be not the best for the body. Pain can settle in the cervical region and shoulders of a person.
Often, sharp and aching sensations can be associated with shortness of breath or obstructed bowel activity, which can put pressure on the heart muscle, disrupting its work. Sometimes the causes of pain in the heart are weakening of the thoracic spine, osteochondrosis and curvature.
If a person experiences burning sensations in the sternum, then the usual cause of heartburn may be the usual heartburn. Gastric juice, falling into the esophagus, can provoke excruciating pain, which is accompanied by an acidic taste in the mouth and constant burping. Most often, such signs appear when the body is tilted or when the body is lying down.
1. With angina pectoris:
- refuse the load – in case of pain, you should urgently stop doing any work;
- ventilate the room – open windows and doors;
- relax – take a lying position, remove clothes that bother you;
- take nitroglycerin;
- if after 5 minutes it does not feel better, take another 1 tablet.
2. Hypertension. With increased pressure, heart pain most often manifests itself with a hypertensive crisis. In this case:
- call an ambulance – with a hypertensive crisis you can’t hesitate;
- take a comfortable pose;
- provide access to fresh air;
- take a pill that gradually reduces pressure;
- you can take a sedative or diuretic.
3. Neurosis. In this case, pain can occur due to stress, so you should:
- calm down, distract from experiences;
- drink a drug with a calming effect.
4. Depression. If heart pains appear against a background of a depressed emotional state – it is necessary to take sedatives.
In some diseases, pain can be mistaken for heart disease:
- Lung diseases. Pain can be accompanied by coughing, shortness of breath, sometimes – fever. Seek immediate medical attention. This may be a sign of a serious pathology of the respiratory tract.
- Stomach disease. It occurs in a state of hunger or after eating food. You need to contact a gastroenterologist.
- Intercostal neuralgia. Pain occurs during physical exertion or with an uncomfortable body position. It is necessary to consult a neurologist.
- Myositis. A muscle disease in which pain occurs when overstrained. Requires a specialist.
Everyone should know the symptoms of dangerous cardiovascular disease. Naturally an accurate diagnosis can only be made by a doctor, and then, only after a thorough examination. But, knowing the symptoms of heart disease, you can “arm” to resist the disease. What is the main symptom of heart disease?
If the pain is localized in the area of the heart, most often it is a sign of angina pectoris, coronary heart disease, heart disease, myocarditis or cardiomyopathy. These diseases are very serious. But, do not immediately panic. There is a slight subtlety regarding chest pain. And which one? If such pain occurs during a meal, then this is not a “heart” problem, but a sign of a disease of the esophagus. And, perhaps, it is true, much less often, diseases of the lungs and spine – osteochondrosis.
If the pain is dull, aching and paroxysmal, worse with physical exertion or emotional stress, then this is the main symptom. The pain is pressing, constricting, sometimes similar, there is also a foreign body sensation in the chest, in which not pain is felt, but heaviness in the chest. Sometimes it may even seem that the pain has disappeared.
With angina pectoris, pain is sometimes given to the neck and lower jaw, and even teeth. It can be given to the left hand and its shoulder girdle and left shoulder blade. In this case, blood pressure may increase, sweat may appear. The pain will subside or even stop when taking nitroglycerin.
If you have a sharp pain behind the sternum, extending to the left shoulder blade and arm, and lasting more than 30 minutes, and does not go away after taking nitroglycerin, this may be myocardial infarction. You can’t hesitate, you need urgent hospitalization, as this condition can lead to death. The sooner the doctor is called, the less dangerous the consequences.
Periodically occurring during the day of pain, can cause myocarditis, heart disease. If the pain is not periodic but constant, it can be osteochondrosis of the spine. Only an ECG study can make a correct diagnosis.
Questions to the doctor – what should I do if my heart hurts?
- ambulance call;
- release from squeezing items of clothing;
- blood pressure measurement (BP);
- if the pressure is normal or high, nitroglycerin tablets are indicated (sublingually), if the arterial pressure is lower than 100 mm, then nitrate cannot be given, since it will lower the pressure, increase the seizure or lead to heart failure;
- 300 mg aspirin (chew).
What to do with pain in the heart after myocardial infarction, if a person faints and stops breathing? First aid includes resuscitation (artificial ventilation of the lungs, heart massage). If the patient is stable and conscious, but feels burning pain and heaviness in his chest, he should not be left alone until the ambulance arrives.
Myocarditis is accompanied by aching, pressing, stitching pains in the region of the heart that occur after physical exertion. The most common discomfort in the heart is observed with pericarditis, they can appear in the hypochondrium, their peculiarity is the dependence on the position of the body and breathing. Almost always accompanied by pain cardiomyopathy, myocardial dystrophy.
Most often, it is urgent to seek help from a specialist when the pain does not subside for 20 minutes to 1 hour after attempts to calm her down (heart and sedative drugs do not help).
The most dangerous are the accompanying symptoms:
- pressing sensations in the chest area;
- excessive pressure increase;
- the appearance of cold, sticky sweat;
- chills or fever;
- nausea and vomiting;
- impaired consciousness;
- anxiety and panic attacks;
- speech distortion;
- shortness of breath.
Kirill Barbuhatti is the chief cardiac surgeon of the Krasnodar Territory. Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology at the Kuban State Medical University. He studied and worked in St. Petersburg, since 2002 he has been the head of the cardiac surgery department at the Regional Clinical Hospital No. 1 in Krasnodar.
In 2009 he was awarded the prize. V. I. Burakovsky “For the development and implementation of modern technologies in cardiovascular surgery of the Krasnodar Territory.” In 2010, Barbuhatti won the Calling of the Year Award for conducting a unique patient rescue operation. In 2013 he was awarded the title “Hero of Labor of the Kuban”.
I am a doctor. I’m talking about a common problem – pain in the heart. Very often they are caused not just by heart reasons, but by others. The doctor’s consultation.
Chest pain in the heart does not always indicate a disease of this particular organ. But each person, especially if he is predisposed to cardiological pathologies, must be able to differentiate sensations arising in the chest, distinguishing heart pain from unpleasant sensations in the internal organs.
This is important, because in case of pain in the heart, first aid in some cases is needed immediately. For example, in serious diseases such as a stratified aortic aneurysm, the count may go on for minutes, and the outcome depends on the time of first aid.
Folk remedies are mainly used for prevention and maintenance treatment. At the time of a pain attack, you can drink a cup of tea from peppermint and lemon balm grass (not hot) – this will help calm the nerves and normalize the heart rate.
20 g of berries and 15 g of lemon balm herb pour a glass of boiling water, insist on a water bath. Drink 20 ml before each meal for 2 days.
The tool will help avoid a second attack, calm the nervous system, improve heart function.
With frequently recurring attacks, you can use tincture of walnut. 30 fruits (immature) pour liters of vodka, insist 2 weeks. Drink no more than 20 drops three times a day before meals.
The course is 3-4 weeks.
The infusion of blue cornflower is prepared as follows: a tablespoon of dried flowers in a glass of boiling water, leave for an hour. Drink a third of a glass three times a day, before meals.
With heart disease, you can not self-medicate. Traditional medicine recipes should be used only under the supervision of a physician.
The daily use of two cloves of garlic, according to healers, will help prevent the appearance of heart pain. But doctors deny the effectiveness of this method.
In the treatment of heart pain, an infusion of berries will help. For cooking you need:
- take the berries of red hawthorn – 20 g and grass lemon balm – 15 g;
- put in a glass, add boiling water and send to a water bath;
- cook for 20 minutes, then cool and strain through cheesecloth.
Infusion can be drunk 20 ml before each meal. The course of treatment is two days.
You can make tincture of hawthorn: berries are not poured with water, but vodka and infused for 14 days in a dark place.
To prepare the dosage form, herbs of a succession, motherwort, lingonberry leaves and chamomile flowers with hawthorn will be required, they are taken in 20 g and mixed thoroughly. Now take 25 g of the composition, place in a glass and pour boiling water. Insist 4 hours, then strain through cheesecloth, squeezing the infusion. Drink 50 ml at a time, in the morning, at lunch and in the evening. The duration of treatment is 14 days.
The recipe is useful because you can cook at any time. The medicine has the form of infusion, to prepare you need 60 g of wild carrot seeds pour 250 ml of vodka. The remedy is infused for 20 days in a cool place and protected from sunlight. For the prevention of pain, 6 drops per 20 ml are used. water. Drink three times a day. If severe pain occurs in the heart, then drink 3 drops every 30 minutes.
On the basis of the plant, an infusion is prepared that will help eliminate pain. In the process of preparation, 10 g of a dry plant is filled with 200 ml of boiling water and infused in a water bath for 5 minutes. Drink 50 ml with an interval of 4 hours.
May lily of the valley
This recipe is time-tested, it has come down to our days from ancient times. How to cook:
- take a liter jar and fill the plants with flowers for three quarters;
- pour vodka on the neck and cover;
- insist 20 days, then strain.
For use, you need to dissolve 20 ml of tincture in water. Take water in a ratio of 1:10. Drink no more than three times a day.
Mint and lemon balm
These plants can’t cope with heartache, but they will calm the nerves, which will favorably affect the treatment. The recipe is simple:
- herbs taken in 25 g, pour 250 ml of boiling water;
- insist an hour, then filter;
- drink 25 ml 20 minutes before a meal.
1. Infusion of herbs. Effective Pain Relief:
- take 3 tbsp. l chopped valerian root, 3 tbsp. l dried motherwort leaves, 2 tbsp. l yarrow and 2 tbsp. l anise fruits;
- mix the ingredients;
- 2 tbsp. l pour the resulting mixture with 1 cup of hot water;
- let it brew for 3 hours;
Take 1/3 cup 2 times a day.
2. Soothing collection. It helps with neurosis, which is often the cause of pain in the heart:
- take 3 tbsp. l Valerian root, 2 tbsp. l yarrow, 2 tbsp. l hop cones and 3 tbsp. l lemon balm;
- mix the ingredients;
- 1 tbsp. l pour a mixture of a glass of boiling water;
- let it brew for about 30 minutes;
Drink 1 cup of the finished product 4 times.
3. Collection of hawthorn. An excellent remedy for heart pain:
- take 2 tbsp. l hawthorn, 1 tbsp. l rose hips and 1 tbsp. l motherwort;
- mix the ingredients;
- pour 500 ml of boiling water;
- boil for about 5 minutes;
- wait for the product to cool;
Drink tea instead of tea several times a day.
4. Means of wild carrots. You can drink both for prevention and for severe pain:
- take 6 tbsp. l wild carrot seeds;
- pour 250 ml of vodka;
- For 20 days, place the product in a cool, dark place.
As a prophylactic, 6 drops 3 times a day should be taken. If severe pain occurs, you need to drink 3 drops every half hour.
5. Infusion of heather. It is an effective tool to strengthen the heart:
- take 2 tsp. dry heather;
- pour 1 cup boiling water;
- put in a water bath and wait 5 minutes.
6. Infusion of lily of the valley. This recipe has been known since ancient times, its effectiveness is time-tested:
- take a 1 liter jar and fill it with plant flowers by about 3/4;
- pour vodka to the brim;
- clean in a cool place and insist for about 20 days.
Dissolve 20 ml of tincture in 1 cup of water. Drink no more than 3 times a day.
7. A mixture of honey, lemon and dried apricots. Helps strengthen the heart muscle:
- take 1 cup of honey, nuts and dried apricots, chop carefully;
- add the zest and juice of 1 lemon;
- mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Take 1 tsp. up to 3 times a day. Store the product better in the refrigerator.
Also, when heartaches occur, such exercises can help:
- Biting the little fingers. Bite the little finger about 20 times on the left hand, then on the right. Repeat. Over time, the pain will begin to subside.
- Proper breathing. Take a deep breath and then exhale slowly.
- regulate vascular tone and blood pressure;
- relieve blood flow;
- restore strength and frequency of contractions;
- inhibit the progression of atherosclerosis, angina pectoris, hypertension, circulatory failure.
They are effective for prevention and in the very initial stage of heart disease. If there are already constant or paroxysmal pains in the heart that interfere with working capacity, tolerance of physical exertion, then herbs can only supplement treatment with medications. The following fee is recommended:
- chokeberry berries – 2 tablespoons;
- mistletoe white – 1 tablespoon;
- flowers of hawthorn, buckwheat and clover – 3 tablespoons each.
Ingredients must be carefully chopped and mixed. Brew at the rate of 1 tablespoon per 300 ml of water. Insist in a sealed container for 1 hour, take in a warm form, 100 ml before meals for 30-40 minutes for 1,5 months. You can add half a teaspoon of honey per 1 serving.
For pain in the heart, mixtures of herbs are also used:
- St. John’s wort grass, fruits of hawthorn and rose hips in equal parts;
- valerian root, mint and sage leaves per tablespoon, marsh cinnamon and motherwort herb – 2 tablespoons each;
- 10 g of chicory root, birch leaves and hawthorn flowers, 20 g of clover and clover flowers.
Alcohol tinctures of mint, hawthorn, peony, valerian, St. John’s wort, motherwort are also used. Most of them are on sale ready-made. At home, you can make vodka extract from herbs. For this, 1 part of a finely ground plant will require 10 parts of vodka. The herbal preparation is prepared for 2 weeks, it should be infused in a dark place, and the dishes are tightly closed. After straining, take 20-30 drops per 50 ml of water 3 times a day
Thus, to relieve pain in the heart, drugs with a calming, vasodilating and antianginal (eliminating myocardial ischemia) effect are used. If the cause of the pain is unknown, then Validol, Nitroglycerin and Corvalol are used for short-term relief. If you have a severe and prolonged heart attack, you need to urgently call an ambulance.
Pain in the chest cannot be left without due attention. An alarm must be struck if the heart crushes. Why is this happening and what needs to be done in this situation? Answers to questions can be given by competent professionals.
If it presses in the area of the heart, this can be a sign of various kinds of disorders. In this case, you can not self-medicate and try to make a diagnosis on your own. You just need to see a doctor or call an ambulance.
The most common cause of this condition is heart neurosis. This pathology is not chronic. Most often, pain occurs after stress, when a person is very worried. Elderly and very young people can suffer from cardiac muscle neurosis. In schoolchildren and students, this condition often arises against the background of exams.
171; Something is pressing in the area of the heart, ”they admit to their parents and doctors. Neurosis can be accompanied by a headache, an increase in blood pressure. Do not tolerate pain in any case. It is necessary to drink tincture of valerian or a heart remedy, produced in the form of drops. Neurosis often occurs against the background of the development of inflammatory diseases, tonsillitis, colds. In this case, it is important to cure the underlying ailment. The patient should also observe the regime of work and rest, fully get enough sleep. If the pain is too strong or occurs regularly, you should definitely visit a doctor.
Myocarditis can also cause chest pain. This is a fairly common infectious disease. It often develops after a complicated cold or acute respiratory infections. In this case, a person experiences compression in the chest, shortness of breath appears, rapid pulse. Puffiness of the lower extremities is possible. Even minor physical activity can worsen the condition so much that a person may faint.
Characteristic symptoms of heart pain
The first thing to do at home with heart pain is to distinguish it from sensations of a different origin. Often, patients at the first attack confuse sensations of a neuralgic nature with angina pectoris or heart attack. But a characteristic difference between the unpleasant sensations of non-cardiogenic origin is a clear connection with the movement and the ability to accurately indicate the localization of pain.
With neuralgia, the pain is paroxysmal and acute, and intensify even with inspiration and weak hand movements. The patient clearly feels that it hurts between the ribs on the left and / or right. Other sensations may indicate osteochondrosis (for example, a feeling of numbness or tingling in the left hand) or stomach diseases (if the attack occurred for the first time with a long absence of food).
The first sign that allows you to define the pain as cardiac is the nature of the pain: it is felt in the center of the chest, and gives to the left – the arm, shoulder, neck, and sometimes to the center of the back under the left shoulder blade. Another important sign of heart pain is the fear of death, which occurs suddenly, without external causes.
First you need to not panic. When there is a sharp pain in the heart, try to relax all the muscles of the body. To do this, you need to find an opportunity to lie down or sit down so that nothing is embarrassing or squeezing. Start breathing slowly and deeply, inhaling and exhaling air at a level where the pain is not yet felt. If the pain persists within 5-10 minutes, take Corvalol or Corvaldin (your age is equal to the number of drops).
If a sharp pain in the heart is caused by feelings or a stressful situation, then take Valerian tincture, it is available in the pharmacy and is effective. After the pain subsides a little, be sure to contact a medical institution, but if the discomfort persists, call an ambulance.
It is important to know that there are many diseases manifested by pain in the left side of the ribs. For example, intercostal neuralgia can be manifested by acute pain when inhaling, numbness of the fingers on the hands, shortness of breath. Therefore, you need to calm down and call a doctor.
What to do if the heart hurts badly, but there is no way to call a doctor? There are various methods and recipes that allow you to neutralize pain at home. Let’s look at different situations and what measures need to be taken.
In this case, it is advisable to know the diagnosis. Under all circumstances, fresh air is needed. If the reason is unknown – do not be nervous, keep calm. It is necessary to take heart medications such as corvalol, valocordin or validol.
What to do if the heart aches, what to do first? You need to drink one tablet of aspirin with a glass of water. If after a quarter of an hour the pain has not abated, call an ambulance. But painkillers only eliminate discomfort. After getting rid of the symptoms, you should see a doctor, get advice and determine the diagnosis.
First a >
In case of unexpected pain in the heart, at first call an ambulance at home. Provide yourself with fresh air and the ability to breathe deeply (remove tight things, open windows and doors if you are in the room). Take a pose that is comfortable to be in. Take 40 drops of valocordin, corvalol.
Your heart hurts, it’s difficult to breathe – pull yourself together and don’t panic. Take a comfortable position (change the one you are in). Free yourself from clothes, unfasten buttons and belts. Be sure to drink hearty, sedative medications. Take deep breaths and exhalations. If after a few minutes it does not improve, take a tablet of nitroglycerin under your tongue (not possible at low pressure!
It is recommended to go into a room or room with air conditioning, take a comfortable position, and calm your breathing. The main thing is not to panic! If after 30 minutes it does not feel better, call an ambulance or ask someone to do it.
With these symptoms, try repositioning. It is necessary to take a deep breath and exhale. Check your blood pressure, measure your heart rate. Call a doctor. Put a nitroglycerin tablet under your tongue. Report the situation to loved ones who can quickly arrive. Leave the door open.
Active motor mode trains the heart muscle.
The duration of the load is at least 15 minutes per day. The intensity of the load is determined by well-being, carried out under the control of the pulse. The heart rate can be no more than 70-80% of the norm for a specific age category and rest. Physical activity should be regular, alternating with periods of rest and rest. It is useful to do morning exercises.
Many patients come to the doctor with an “accurate” diagnosis, made on their own. Without examination, they are sure that the heart hurts, and they are very surprised and even upset that the doctor does not detect signs of heart disease. On the one hand, this is even good, because people know about the danger and try to find out what to do if the heart hurts seriously.
On the other hand, such fear can lead to cardioneurosis, a brain disease in which heart pains are also felt.
To avoid pain in the heart or at least limit the number of possible seizures, preventive measures should be followed.
- Pay attention to physical activity. To improve heart function, it needs to be strengthened regularly. Moderate exercise or endurance training can help. A great solution would be a morning run or daily long-distance walking.
- Stay calm. Stress and traumatic events have a negative effect on the whole body and are common causes of heart pain. To avoid this, try to remain calm even in the most critical situations. This can be helped by breathing exercises, meditation techniques or contacting a professional psychologist.
- Eat the right foods. Potassium-rich foods help the heart work. These are, first of all, nuts and seafood. But fatty and salty foods, on the contrary, create an additional load, so it is better to refuse it.
- Give up bad habits. The use of alcohol and nicotine creates serious obstacles to the normal functioning of the heart, so if you want to extend your life and not suffer from regular pain, then it is better to refuse it.
Very often, heart pain can be a symptom of serious illness. First aid provided on time can save you from complications, and sometimes save your life. But you should not be limited only to home methods. For any pain in the heart, a specialist consultation is necessary.
To prevent the occurrence of heart pain, it is necessary to monitor the health of the cardiovascular system and maintain the immune system.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle, give up bad habits.
- Do not exclude physical activity, even in the presence of heart disease. Your doctor will help you determine a safe level of exercise. Even with serious illnesses, the patient is recommended simple gymnastics to improve blood circulation and short walks in the fresh air.
- Eat right, exclude foods rich in cholesterol, large amounts of sweet, flour and spicy.
- Eat foods containing potassium and magnesium (bananas, apricots, nuts, legumes, dairy products).
- Normalize the regimen of the day, sleep 7-8 hours a day.
- Avoid stress, physical and emotional stress.
In medical practice, any pain in the heart is called cardialgia. They are aching, blunt, but there are sharp and strong. A person usually immediately responds to the latter and goes to see a doctor. But when the heart just aches for a long time, everyone is attributed to fatigue. And this is fraught with consequences.
Non-cardiogenic aching pain in the heart can be the result of several reasons:
- heart neurosis;
- advanced osteochondrosis;
- VVD (vegetative-vascular dystonia);
Suspicions of extrasystoles (violation of the rhythm of contraction) arise if the patient says that he has pressure in his chest, there are sensations of a sinking heart, and there are difficulties with swallowing.
How to recognize these conditions? Is it life-threatening when the heart aches? A qualified cardiologist should recognize the exact cause of discomfort and chest pain.
Pain due to osteochondrosis
When examining a patient who complains of chest pain on the left side, the doctor should do the tests. After all, the feelings with angina are almost the same, sometimes there is an innervation of pain in the left hand, but the attack lasts only 3 to 5 minutes.
As a diagnosis, experts suggest making a check:
- Throwing back his head and moving his bent arms back first, then up, a person with problems in the thoracic spine will immediately feel chest pain.
- Nitroglycerin contributes to the expansion of blood vessels, so it is used to stop an attack of angina pectoris. After taking nitroglycerin in tablets or drops, the pain goes away after 5-10 minutes. And if not, then the pain is not heart.
There are many interconnected nerve plexuses in the chest that are innervated by irritation. Therefore, pain due to the spine is completely obvious. With osteochondrosis, discomfort usually worsens when cornering, abrupt movements or when inhaling. But there is no danger to life. Heart pains manifest themselves in a different way: they do not depend on the position of the body.
The chest pain on the left side caused by severe and prolonged stress is called heart neurosis. In the diagnosis, the cardiologist does not detect any deviations in the work of this organ. However, piercing or aching pains do not stop attacking a person. They are unpredictable in nature. Some people feel that something is pressing in the chest, others notice that the pain is sharp. All sensations are very subjective. And the pain is transmitted either in the limb or in the back.
In such cases, it is necessary to consult a psychotherapist who deals specifically with neurosis and knows the symptoms of psychosomatic disorders. Along with pains, asthenia, a drop in temperature below 36 ° C, numbness of the limbs and headaches can be observed.
- Help with heart pain is to determine the cause and nature of the sensations as accurately as possible and take the necessary measures in accordance with it.
- At home, an attack of angina pectoris is stopped with the help of nitrate and drugs that improve myocardial blood supply. Aspirin is a second aid pill before doctors arrive.
- If the nature of the sensations is acute, sharp and unbearable, lasts more than 10 minutes and does not pass from taking nitrate, then most likely it is associated with a heart attack and requires immediate medical attention.
We all perfectly understand the important role in our body for such an organ as the heart, which is why even with the slightest discomfort in the left chest area, we feel a sense of anxiety and anxiety. However, in fact, you should not worry and panic for those who visit these unpleasant sensations for the first time or are extremely rarely concerned.
But those who regularly experience any kind of pain in the heart area should be wary, because repeated pain syndrome is evidence of the presence of any cardiovascular disease, which poses a huge danger and poses a threat to your life. In this article, we will tell you about what cardiovascular diseases exist, as well as what should be done if your heart hurts.
Vegetovascular dystonia. This disease is the most common cause of pain in the heart. The essence of vegetovascular dystonia is a violation of the tone of the vessels of the autonomic nervous system. Symptoms of the disease are as follows: heart palpitations, regular sweating of the hands and feet, tingling in the heart, apathy and general weakness. It occurs spontaneously.
An attack of angina pectoris. This disease occurs as a result of atherosclerosis, the essence of which is as follows: cholesterol is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, which ultimately leads to vasoconstriction. Thus, our heart does not receive the amount of oxygen it needs, which becomes the cause of pain in the heart. Symptoms of angina pectoris: constricting and pressing pain, which can also give off to the left arm, shoulder and left side of the neck. Numbness of the left arm may also occur. On average, an attack lasts 5-15 seconds.
Myocardial infarction. This disease is very dangerous and its essence is as follows: there is an acute violation of blood circulation, which is facilitated by the complete closure of the lumen of the vessel, which ultimately leads to necrosis or simply the death of a certain part of the heart muscle (myocardium). Symptoms of myocardial infarction are as follows: burning pains behind the sternum, lasting more than 15 minutes, shortness of breath, severe weakness, excessive sweating. Untimely emergency medical care can be fatal.
Various inflammations near the lying organs can also provoke pain in the region of the heart. Intercostal neuralgia, pleurisy, myositis and pneumonia – all these diseases can mimic pain in the left region of the chest, since with all these ailments there is compression of the adjacent nerve endings.
Excessive alcohol consumption. We all, of course, know about the dangers of alcohol, and it affects the heart in the first place. But the thing is that when it enters the bloodstream, alcohol causes the heart rate to increase significantly after only a few minutes. When intoxicated, the load on the heart increases many times: he has to “pump” huge volumes of fluid, which also contains toxic substances and alcohol. Of course, this procedure is an overwhelming work for our heart; as a result, it fails, which is why we have pains in the heart and arrhythmia.
Stress. We are all familiar with such an expression as “all diseases from the nerves.” And this is true: the heart, like any other organ, reacts very sensitively to our nervous experiences. But the thing is that during stresses an adrenaline rush into the blood occurs, which, in turn, provokes narrowing and vasospasm. All this leads to a violation of blood circulation and a rapid heartbeat.
Hormonal disorders in women. During the onset of menopause, or during the menstrual cycle, hormonal changes occur in the female body, and therefore pains in the heart region can be of a different nature: they can be stitching, pressing, tingling and compressing.
Of course, we all understand that with regularly occurring pains in the region of the heart, it is necessary to consult an appropriate specialist, and the sooner this is done, the better, because only this way you can avoid complicated forms of diseases and, more importantly, save your life. For pain in the heart, contact a cardiologist or cardiac surgeon.
With any complaint of pain in the heart, you will be required to undergo an ECG (electrocardiogram). Also, recently, in order to establish a more accurate diagnosis, patients are assigned to undergo a stress ECG (a procedure on velometry, during which the heart parameters are recorded during exercise).
Also, the passage of phonocardiography (registration of heart sounds and sounds) and echocardiography (examination of the muscles and valves of the heart by means of ultrasonic waves) are also prescribed. There are other types of procedures, however, their passage is assigned individually if necessary.
In order to exclude the possibility of the influence of any other organs on heart pain, patients are prescribed a spinal examination by computed tomography and X-ray, and it is also recommended to visit specialists such as a neurologist, orthopedist and gastroenterologist.
First of all, do not panic: as you already know, additional stress negatively affects the heart, which is why your condition will only worsen: with your feelings you give your heart an additional burden in the form of a fast heartbeat;
Try to change the position of the body: if the pain goes away when you change the posture, know that no danger threatens you; if, when the body position changes, the pain does not abate, and in some situations worsens, then these are signs of a disease such as angina pectoris;
Provide open access to fresh air: open a window or a balcony;
Free your neck from fetters: unfasten top buttons or remove throat-squeezing clothing. Also loosen the belt;
Use medications: put a tablet of nitroglycerin or validol under the tongue, and also take 30-50 drops of valocordin or corvalol;
Take a sedative: in its quality may be an infusion of motherwort or an infusion of valerian;
If in ten minutes your pain has not passed, put another tablet of nitroglycerin or validol under the tongue, take one tablet of aspirin and call an ambulance;
In a situation, if your pain still subsided on your own, in the near future you are still strongly recommended to visit a specialist to undergo an electrocardiogram and take all necessary tests.
In order for pain in the heart to not bother you, you must constantly monitor your health and maintain your immunity. To do this, it is recommended to adhere to the following principles:
Give up bad habits: alcohol and smoking have the most negative effect on your heart;
For more often be in the fresh air; Especially important and useful are bedtime walks;
Actively engage in sports: remember that your body should not be at rest;
Proper nutrition is the key to health; eat foods rich in potassium and calcium daily: bananas, potatoes, zucchini, beans, tomatoes, cottage cheese, dairy products;
Avoid greasy, fried, and spicy foods. Preference is best given to boiled, stewed and steamed food. It is also worth abandoning sweets and flour products, which also “clog” our body in every way, interfering with the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system.
The provision of first resuscitation care for pain in the heart:
First of all, the patient must be put on a hard surface: on the floor or the ground; on a soft surface, pressure on the chest is completely ineffective;
Next, you need to do an indirect heart massage. To do this, mark the desired point on the sternum: measure 2 fingers from the end of the sternum – this way you will find the location of the heart: just in the middle of the sternum;
Next, you need to do the following: take four breaths, and then alternate – 15 pressure on the sternum and 2 breaths – this is approximately 60-80 pressure per minute. In case of indirect massage of the heart, a breath is taken either from mouth to mouth, or from mouth to nose through gauze, which must be folded in two layers. Massage is done until the patient has a pulse, and he begins to breathe on his own.
Heart pain is an unpleasant and dangerous phenomenon. Not a single person is immune from the occurrence of an ailment. In some people, pain appears for the first time, in others they occur periodically. And in each of these cases, help should be provided immediately.
For many people with heart pain, panic occurs, which further exacerbates the situation. The first thing to do is calm down. Further, if the cause of the pain is known, it is necessary to drink the medicine, if not, call the ambulance team.
Anyone can face an ailment absolutely anywhere: at work, at home, walking in the park. Everyone should be able to provide emergency care. It is from the actions that were taken before the ambulance arrived that the further condition of the patient and even life will depend. The algorithm of action for the disease is as follows.
- Calm down, pack up and take action.
- Call an ambulance, fix the onset of an attack.
- If an attack occurs during exercise, seat the patient.
- Provide fresh air, open the window and unfasten tight clothing.
- Give the victim nitroglycerin – one tablet under the tongue. If necessary, you can give the drug again. After taking nitroglycerin (the drug lowers blood pressure), sharp weakness, sweating, nausea, blanching of the dermis, headache may occur. Therefore, it is categorically not recommended to “save” the patient with a shock dose of the drug – by the use of two or three tablets at once. They can be given alternately, after about 5-10 minutes, if the pain does not subside.
- Do not leave the patient alone before the doctor arrives.
- If the pain does not subside, and the doctor did not come, give the victim aspirin.
The disease is also characterized by dull and aching pain, as is the case with angina pectoris. The main symptom encountered in all patients with VSD is complaints that the heart is aching and the left arm is numb. Sometimes tingling is felt in the hand. The pain is accompanied by tremor of the extremities and constant fatigue.
Often, these patients have sleep problems and many other related symptoms. How to help yourself with such attacks? Doctors recommend taking valocardine (50 drops) and rest. In fact, VVD is also a serious disease and requires treatment by a neuropsychiatrist.
Consider the etiology of cardiogenic pain. They are caused precisely by heart disease. These include several groups of ailments:
- Myocardial dystrophy is a metabolic disorder of the heart muscle. At the beginning of the disease, a person feels that for unknown reasons the heart aches, at first the pain is barely noticeable, but increases with time. And if you do not consult a doctor at the initial stage, the pain will become sharp and severe.
- Heart defects.
- Coronary heart disease is a circulatory disorder in the cardiac artery.
- Aortic aneurysm. Other
Causation is more interested in doctors. How to deal with pain – this question worries a person more if he feels that his heart is aching again. What to do – call a doctor or take valerian? Doctors are called when the most serious ailments of the heart are present – ischemia, a serious attack of angina pectoris or aneurysm.
Features of cardiac ischemia
This is a common disease, the main sign of the disease is chest pain on the left side. Coronary disease usually develops much faster in women than in men. The main reason is the narrowing of the lumen in the coronary artery, through which the heart receives new blood.
The development of the disease is paroxysmal. At times the pain subsides, then they increase with renewed vigor during the period of exacerbation. Small disturbances are manifested by rapid fatigue after any physical exertion, a person feels: aching heart. And if you listen to the heartbeat, it will be quickened even in a calm state. Based on these signs, ischemia can be determined:
- sweating increased;
- aching heart pain can give in the left hand.
If the doctor does not examine and prompt in time how to treat your heart, the risk of heart attack increases many times. After all, a heart attack is nothing more than a complete cessation of blood flow to the heart due to blockage of blood vessels.
Sometimes physical activities disproportionate to the capabilities of the heart lead to metabolic disorders in it. This is also one of the factors that increase the risk of myocardial infarction.
High blood pressure and atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels lead over time to aneurysm. Aortic aneurysm is an expansion of the site of the vessel. Slow delamination of the walls of the aorta with blood threatens that the wall will not withstand the pressure and rupture. Then a person needs emergency surgery on the aorta.
Pain with aneurysm occurs behind the sternum and gives back. She is not stitching, but stupid, and lasts a long time. Other symptoms include shortness of breath and problematic swallowing. If the wall begins to tear, then the pain is strong, piercing. The patient faints, and doctors urgently need to be called.
In any form of heart attack (and angina pectoris, and heart attack), the patient is shown as first aid:
- Nitroglycerin or other nitrates.
- Antiplatelet agents (Aspirin or similar drugs).
With a heart attack, anticoagulants (Heparin) and thrombolytics (Streptokinase) are also administered, if the pain persists – morphine.
Myocardial infarction drugs
After a detailed examination, the patient may be prescribed an operation to restore myocardial blood supply:, or coronary angioplasty.
Further treatment will be the prevention of repeated attacks of angina pectoris or myocardial infarction. Patients are prescribed such drugs:
- Aspirin – required for all patients with angina pectoris or heart attack.
- Statins – to control the level of fat in the blood.
- Beta-blockers – to reduce pressure and eliminate arrhythmias.
- Diuretics – relieve swelling, thereby reducing the load on the myocardium.
- Nitroglycerin – with repeated episodes of pain in the heart.
It depends on the diagnosis. And to diagnose any heart disease is possible only after several studies. When the cause of the pain is VSD or intercostal neuralgia, the cardiologist will not help. As for cardiological problems, here, depending on the condition of the patient, the doctor may prescribe medication. But any therapy should be accompanied by a transition to proper nutrition. Otherwise, treatment with pills will be useless.
Serious changes in the vessels of the heart during ischemia with drugs cannot be fixed. When the blockage of the vessels is confirmed on the coronography, an operation is prescribed. The essence of the operation is to restore normal blood flow using stenting or coronary angioplasty.
These modern treatments completely eliminate the risk of complications during surgery. Damage to tissues is minimal. After surgery, it is advisable to conduct another study to verify the effectiveness of stenting.
Heart ailments can manifest various ailments, not necessarily related to cardiology. Similar symptoms have diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, respiratory system, skeleton, as well as various neurological disorders.
What to do if your heart hurts? If such sensations arise, it is necessary to be able to accurately determine their nature, because in most cases the patient may need urgent qualified help. It is very important to know the manifestations of a heart attack, the consequences of which can be very deplorable.
Why does my heart hurt? Unpleasant sensations in the chest can occur in a person, regardless of his physical condition and age. Their possible causes are:
- heart disease;
- previous injuries;
- skeleton diseases;
- impaired functioning of the respiratory system;
- pathologies arising in the digestive tract;
- nerve surge.
Given the above reasons, if an unpleasant sensation occurs in the chest, the patient should understand what exactly it hurts. You need to know what symptoms of heart pain indicate the development of diseases of this organ.
To begin treatment, you should contact a cardiologist or cardiac surgeon and undergo a thorough medical examination. Firstly, it is worth making an ECG – an electrocardiogram, it is indispensable in determining any heart defects. After determining the diagnosis, the doctor will determine the course of treatment, which must be strictly observed. Heart diseases are not toys, so watch out for your health and well-being!
The heart is a hollow organ that distills the blood through the body through contraction of muscle tissue. It works continuously throughout a person’s life, and a case of cardiac arrest leads to death.
The normal function of the myocardium is ensured due to the sufficient supply of the body with nutrients and oxygen. If the level of blood flow in the heart muscle decreases, then this starts the process of glucose breakdown without oxygen, which provokes the release of lactic acid.
There are many nerve endings in the body that are irritated at high concentrations of lactic acid.
Often, against the background of nerve irritation, the process of inflammation begins, localized anywhere in the body. Depending on the cause and type of lesion, the pain can be of a different nature.
How to recognize a heart attack
Heart disease can be identified by a number of characteristic signs. It should be noted that often with diseases of this organ, the patient does not experience any pain or discomfort. In other cases, patients complain of chest tightness, heart pain, and difficulty breathing, but as a result, these symptoms have nothing to do with cardiological diseases.
One of the worst causes of chest pain is a heart attack. This is not a medical diagnosis, but one of the currents of cardiological diseases. If it occurs, urgent measures must be taken to save the patient’s life. Therefore, it is very important to recognize the following symptoms in a timely manner:
- Pain of a pressing and constricting nature, localized behind the sternum and extending to the left arm, neck, back, jaw. In this case, shortness of breath, nausea, and excessive sweating may occur.
- Even with minor exertion, the patient begins to suffocate. It is not only about physical, but also about psychological factors. Usually for relief of a pain syndrome it is enough to accept “Nitroglycerin”.
- Shortness of breath while lying down and during eating. Before an attack, the patient suffers from insomnia, or vice versa, he may fall asleep while sitting.
- Increased fatigue can overcome the patient a couple of months before the attack.
- Disorders of cardiac function are manifested by swelling. At first, they are insignificant and noticeable only in the footprints of shoes and rings on the fingers. If the patient has serious edema, then this is an occasion to consult a doctor.
- Erectile dysfunction in men occurs several years before the detection of ischemia.
- Sleep apnea is a sure sign of a heart attack.
The duration of a heart attack can last up to half an hour. Reception “Nitroglycerin” is not able to improve the patient’s condition.
An attack of angina pectoris occurs after a quick walk, physical exertion, nervous stress, and heavy meals. The pain center is located in the sternum. The nature of the pain is burning, pressing. Pain radiates to the area between the shoulder blades, left shoulder or left jaw.
What to do if the heart aches and the pressing pain does not pass for several minutes? It is recommended to use nitroglycerin. In pharmacies, you can buy a drug of different forms of release:
- in tablets, one tablet 0,5 mg nitroglycerin;
- 1% alcohol solution of nitroglycerin;
- 1% oil solution of nitroglycerin in capsules (0,5 mg, 1 mg).
The tablet should not be swallowed, but put in the mouth, crushing it with the tongue. After a minute, it will completely dissolve, the medicine will enter the blood through the mucous membrane of the mouth, and begin to act. If at hand were not tablets, but an oil or alcohol solution, drip three drops on a piece of sugar and dissolve it.
The medicine, dilates the vessels of the skin, muscles, abdominal organs, thereby reducing the heart load. Coronary artery spasms are relieved. Blood saturated with oxygen enters the myocardium. There is anesthesia.
Need to know! Hypersensitivity to the drug is possible. The first time to use only 0,5 tablets, if the solution – then 2 drops. In this case, it is worth checking the pressure and pulse.
What to do if suddenly pain in the heart? Take a series of actions:
- Postpone all activities related to physical activity.
- If possible, lie down if this is a public place – to sit down as conveniently as possible.
- Only in a lying or sitting position take nitroglycerin. Taking the drug while lying or sitting will relieve possible syncope caused by a sharp drop in pressure.
To relieve a pain attack, it is allowed to take up to three tablets with an interval of 5 minutes. The effect of the drug lasts no more than 15 minutes. Six tablets – the daily norm, which is not worth exceeding.
- sensation of tinnitus.
These manifestations do not mean that you need to abandon the drug. You just need to reduce the dose. If you take the medicine, the angina attack should not last more than 15 minutes.
The heart could periodically ache, without causing serious concern. Until an aggravation arose. The attack is characterized by intense pain, burning, constricting, pressing, so sharp that it can be compared with the pain from a dagger. The person during the attack is covered with sweat.
The following factors cause an attack:
- past stress;
- transferred operation;
- received trauma;
- overheating or severe hypothermia.
Statistics: one in three dies with a heart muscle infarction. Every second in the first hour, if myocardial necrosis has developed.
When there is such a pain in the heart, what should I do? This condition is accompanied by a feeling of fear, anxiety, or apathy.
- The first thing to do is seat the person. Prohibit going to bed. Give validol.
- Pour a basin of warm water, lower your legs. Find Valocordin or Corvalol preparations. Dripping forty drops. If these measures do not help, give nitroglycerin and call an ambulance.
- Before the ambulance arrives, offer a tablet of aspirin or dipyrone (in the absence of contraindications). Taking aspirin can reduce the likelihood of a blood clot, clogged artery.
At home, to cope with this condition does not work, urgent hospitalization will be needed. Waiting for the arrival of doctors, you need to measure pressure, temperature. When the team arrives, tell in detail how the attack developed, what drugs the patient took.
Pain in the heart appears due to insufficient blood supply to the heart muscle – myocardial ischemia. It occurs due to the deposition of fats on the inner walls of the coronary vessels or the formation of blood clots.
Factors that provoke ischemia include:
- hyperlipidemia (metabolic disorder, in which the level of fat in the blood is increased);
- smoking; alcohol abuse;
- physical inactivity or, conversely, excessive physical activity;
- thrombophilia (tendency to form blood clots).
The heart attack itself can be caused by an increase in blood pressure during stress or intense physical exertion. It can also occur for no apparent reason – when deposits on the coronary artery block its lumen by more than 70%, or when the vessel is clogged by a thrombus.
- If you have a heart attack during physical activity, gradually stop all your actions, sit down, calm down, try to move less, do not panic.
- If you have previously had such conditions, take the pills that your doctor prescribed for pain relief (usually Nitroglycerin).
- If the medication does not work within 3-5 minutes, call an ambulance (describe your symptoms by telephone as completely as possible).
While the doctors are on the road, drink Aspirin. This is a very important component of first aid. Aspirin prevents the formation of blood clots and thins the blood, which facilitates blood circulation in the narrowed vessel. Thus, further death of the myocardium can be prevented. Even if in the end it turns out that you have not a heart attack, but just an attack of angina pectoris, Aspirin will not do much harm.
- If you are very worried about pain, you can drink another tablet of Nitroglycerin, but not earlier than 5 minutes after the first. Before this, it is advisable to measure the pressure. If it is lowered, Nitroglycerin can no longer be drunk. If you are prone to low blood pressure, it is better not to take Nitroglycerin until the doctors arrive.
If your relative or friend has signs of a heart attack, you need to act in a similar way. Set the patient in a comfortable position, open the window if possible. Ask if he had similar conditions before (it is advisable to report the first or second attack when calling an ambulance). Call a doctor. Give an aspirin tablet.
Inflammatory diseases of the heart
Depending on the nature of the pain, the most probable cause of its occurrence can be assumed. But an accurate diagnosis will require a more thorough examination.
They say of such: “the heart has seized.” Such pain occurs in many heart and non-cardiac diseases. It is important to lie down or sit down as soon as possible, get rid of the restraining movement of clothes, and provide the patient with an influx of fresh air.
Breathe slowly and evenly. Corvalol should be taken, and if a person has a heart disease – nitroglycerin.
. Especially pricks in the sternum during inspiration – normal or deep. Such sensations are characteristic of both a heart attack and intercostal neuralgia.
If a sharp stitching pain is accompanied by numbness, urgently call an ambulance. Take Corvalol and try not to move.
. They are often accompanied by difficulty breathing. It is necessary to open the window, free the patient from crushing clothes. You need to breathe calmly.
Be sure to take corvalol, validol or nitroglycerin. If at rest the pain does not go away after 15 minutes, you need to call an ambulance.
. Pain of low intensity, often occur against a background of neurosis, gastric, muscle pain. Corvalol helps: in case of a neurosis, it calms the nerves, in the stomach it removes irritation and helps reduce the intensity of stomach pain.
This will help to avoid unnecessary examinations: the doctor will prescribe only the most necessary.
If there is pain in the heart, it is important to quickly help the patient to take a comfortable position – to sit down or lie down.
For the most part, this ailment is manifested by signs of angina pectoris. Patients most often complain of heaviness and pressure in the chest. Severe pain can be given to the shoulder blade, neck, arm, lower jaw and throat. Most often this occurs due to physical exertion and experience.
Specialists distinguish the following symptoms of the disease:
- irregular heartbeat;
In advanced cases of the disease, seizures can occur at any time. If the heart hurts at night, then this is an unfavorable symptom.
One of the causes of a number of heart diseases is various inflammations. The differences between the ailments of this group are determined by the location of the pathological focus. Depending on its location and size, the manifestations of the disease may vary.
This disease is characterized by inflammation of the outer heart membrane. In this case, pain occurs in the middle of the chest, which gives to the neck, arm and back, intensifying with coughing, inhaling or swallowing. Most patients report severe pain while lying down. This gives some relief when leaning forward or sitting.
Most often, pain in the heart is dull and paroxysmal, but occasionally it can become cutting. This occurs against the background of a rapid pulse.
This disease is characterized by inflammation of the heart muscle, namely, the myocardium. Most patients with this ailment complain of pain of a pressing, aching or stitching nature. They occur in the region of the heart, regardless of physical activity. They can be observed even at rest. In this case, the medicine “Nitroglycerin” does not allow to stop the pain syndrome.
Almost all patients who have been diagnosed with this pain experience pain. Most often they occur with a hypertrophic form of the disease. With the development of pathology, pain can change:
- At the first stage, they are long-term and not associated with physical activity. Localization can be almost everywhere in the upper body.
- In an advanced state, the disease manifests itself as spontaneous paroxysmal pain resulting from physical exertion. Nitroglycerin may help, though not in all cases.
The symptomatology of these ailments directly depends on their severity. A seriously ill person may not have any complaints. Therefore, the disease is recognized by the following signs:
- shortness of breath, as well as breathing problems that occur during exercise and lying down;
- uncomfortable sensations in the form of squeezing and heaviness in the chest, which occur when inhaling cold air and loads;
- weakness, head may be spinning;
- arrhythmia, increased heart rate and malfunctions.
Valve disease can lead to heart failure. Its symptoms are swelling of the legs, obesity, bloating.
There are a number of heart diseases, manifested as follows:
- Arrhythmia. Pain in the heart, which in advanced cases affects the arm.
- Heart defects. Regardless of the nature of the disease (congenital or acquired defect), it may not have any manifestations for many years. As symptoms, experts note pains of various nature (aching, cutting and even stitching). In this case, swelling of the extremities and jumps in blood pressure are possible.
- Aortic stenosis. Initially, the patient has shortness of breath due to physical exertion, fatigue and general weakness are observed. Malfunctions in the heart rhythm and a feeling of heaviness in the chest are possible. With a complication of the disease in the form of coronary insufficiency, dizziness and fainting, angina pectoris and cardiac asthma are observed.
- Mitral valve prolapse. In the area of the heart, severe pain occurs that does not depend on the physical activity of a person. Most often, they appear at night and in the morning, when the patient has fainting, is dizzy, the pulse exceeds the norm, and the patient himself complains of a lack of air.
- Aortic diseases. Pain in the chest occurs suddenly and is described by patients as painful and bursting. Sometimes they achieve such strength that they can lead to loss of consciousness. Therefore, the patient needs urgent hospitalization. Aortic aneurysm is accompanied by unexpressed throbbing pain that can go to the back. In case of rupture of the aneurysm, the pain becomes unbearable and a fatal outcome is possible.
- Pulmonary embolism. The pain intensifies with inspiration. The difference between the disease and the manifestations of angina pectoris is that pain does not pass to other places. A sharp drop in pressure, cyanosis of the skin, severe shortness of breath and rap >
When such disorders occur, most patients complain of heart pain. Most often they describe their condition in different ways:
- most complaints are associated with acute pains of a short or permanent nature;
- some patients have aching pain and burning sensation.
This is accompanied by a number of autonomic disorders. Appear:
- general irritability;
- sleep loss or persistent drowsiness;
- fever, feeling of chilliness in the limbs;
- dry or, on the contrary, too wet skin;
- discomfort in the stomach, muscle and headaches.
Most often, people suffering from neurosis are able to describe false symptoms in all colors. In this case, core patients, as a rule, talk about their feelings extremely sparingly. Due to the lack of changes in the ECG, cardioneurosis is very often confused with coronary artery disease.
Aching, pulling, stitching, squeezing, burning and piercing;
Concentrating on a specific site, extending to the shoulder blade, shoulder, arm, neck, abdomen or lower jaw;
Also, pain can vary in consistency and intensity. To understand the cause of pain and get rid of it, you need to determine which category your pain belongs to.
How “heartless” pains to the left of the sternum are felt
The heart is located in the chest, pains in its area are projected to the left side of the sternum. But true heart and other pains that are localized nearby can be easily confused.
Against the background of strong emotional experiences, a sharp spasm of blood vessels occurs, including near the heart. Due to circulatory disorders, pain occurs, as well as heart rhythm disturbances, sweating, shortness of breath.
Classic heart preparations like nitroglycerin do not help in this case.
Diseases of the lungs
(inflammation, tumors, metastases). The pain occurs regularly. Her “companions” – shortness of breath, shortness of breath, cough, a sensation of “gurgling” in the chest (a symptom indicates an accumulation of fluid, pulmonary edema).
May be accompanied by fever (pneumonia).
(gastritis, ulcer) are often given to the heart. They are associated with eating and eating disorders.
If pain in the sternum occurs on an empty stomach or immediately after eating, after eating too spicy and fatty foods, accompanied by heartburn, nausea, and vomiting – instead of a cardiologist, you should visit a gastroenterologist.
. The pain occurs after physical overstrain, hypothermia, prolonged exposure to an uncomfortable position.
But after taking a more comfortable position it subsides. With palpation of the sternum or spine, you can determine the most painful place.
– inflammation of the muscles of the back, chest or shoulder. It occurs due to the general infectious process, with hypothermia, a heavy load.
It is easy to distinguish true heart pain from non-cardiac pain: try changing the position of the body and taking a deep breath.
If the pain has passed or subsided – there is no reason for anxiety, the sensations are caused by diseases of other organs. If the pain did not go away, its intensity intensified – its cause is the unhealthy heart.
Very often, patients complain of severe pain in the heart, but the diagnosis shows that the cause was a disease that was not related to cardiology. Due to the similarity of the manifestations, the patient can simply confuse the symptoms, because pain in the chest does not always speak of heart problems.
Consider the main causes that mimic heart pain.
With intercostal neuralgia and osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine, the appearance of a pain syndrome is often associated with hypothermia, a sharp increase in gravity, a long uncomfortable position of the body, a bruise of the chest (rib fracture). They can be very intense (to tears). Strengthen on a deep breath, with the slightest movement of the body. During palpation, the most painful place is found along the rib or near the spine.
Pleura is damaged by a chest injury, is involved in the inflammatory process against the background of croupous pneumonia, and reacts with effusion in case of allergic manifestations.
Compare the left and right sides: on the left, pleural plaque covers the lower ribs
The most severe lesion is seeding of pleura with malignant metastases from the tumor. The pains are permanent, quite severe, associated with coughing, breathing.
Other signs of unrest are characteristic of cardioneurosis: increased sweating, agitated state, hand tremor, and insomnia. The pains to the left of the sternum are dull, constant or stitching, they are not relieved by cardiac drugs.
More often observed in emotional women or in strong natures seeking to maintain apparent calm.
Digestive apparatus diseases, as a rule, have, in addition to the pain syndrome, other manifestations: heartburn, nausea, bloating, vomiting, and broken stools. Pancreatitis is characterized by the shingles of pain.
There is always a connection with the time of eating and non-compliance with the diet.
The symptoms of this disease are often mistaken for heart pain. Patients with neuralgia have symptoms similar to angina pectoris, however, there are significant differences:
- The pain with neuralgia is sharp, shooting character.
- With movements, turns, sharp breaths, laughter and coughing, there is an increase in pain.
- Perhaps a quick cessation of pain, and a significant time attack (hours and even a day), when with each movement, the patient’s condition may worsen.
- Localization of pain occurs between the ribs pointwise (left or right), is able to give to the lower back, heart, back, spine.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.