Often in children, vegetovascular dystonia (VVD) joins mitral valve prolapse. Doctors say that all the symptoms are simply “attributed” to such an ailment as mitral valve prolapse. Symptoms in children are caused by VVD.
- Intermittent pain in the area of the heart. Such symptoms are functional in nature. It is not a sign of a malfunction in the heart. Pain is caused by a disorder in the functioning of the nervous system. The emergence of this sign is preceded by emotional stress, stress. Sometimes they can occur even in a state of complete rest. Pain may vary in manifestation. From light tingling to a constant aching form. Discomfort can last a few seconds or stretch for several days. It is important to remember that the painful sensation in the region of the heart, provoked by mitral valve prolapse, never intensifies with physical exertion. He is not accompanied by shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting. If you observe this symptom against a background of heart pain, you should definitely consult a doctor. We can talk about serious ailments.
- Cardiopalmus. These attacks can alternate with a sharp “fading” of the main “motor” of the body. Such symptoms are also explained by a violation in the nervous system. Here we are talking about increased activity. Attacks occur completely suddenly and pass in the same way. The main thing is to remember that with our ailment they do not combine with loss of consciousness, dizziness.
- Fainting. This symptomatology is practically not found. It is rarely associated with prolapse. As a rule, they can cause stuffiness in the room or emotions (fear). They pass easily and quickly. There is enough inflow of fresh air or a slight pat.
A number of disorders of the heart, as previously agreed, can lead to the development of the disease. If the transferred tonsillitis, scarlet fever became the source that provoked mitral valve prolapse, the symptoms in adolescents and children will be as follows:
- passivity, refusal of any vigorous activity;
- the occurrence of shortness of breath after physical exertion;
- heart palpitations.
If the ailment is diagnosed in a person aged having angina or cardiac ischemia, then the symptoms are as follows:
- bouts of severe pain in the region of the heart (taking “nitroglycerin” eliminates an unpleasant sensation);
- shortness of breath, occurring even with little physical exertion;
- “Failure” of the heart, periodic “freezing” of the organ.
The rarest case is the development of an ailment as a result of a sternal injury. In this case, the disease acquires the following symptoms:
- palpitations, interruptions in work;
- state of weakness;
- shortness of breath after any exertion, sometimes even at rest;
- the appearance of a cough with foamy sputum of a pink hue.
If the last symptom occurs, the patient should immediately call an ambulance. The occurrence of an unpleasant cough and sputum is the most serious, if we talk about mitral valve prolapse resulting from an injury, symptoms. Is it possible to die from an illness? Unfortunately, with this symptomatology, any delay can result in death.
Diagnosis of the disease
To make an accurate diagnosis, the doctor will need to listen to the heart for noise and perform an ultrasound scan. Only this study will be able to establish the presence of prolapse or its absence. Sometimes, for a more accurate diagnosis, it is necessary to increase the heart rate. In this case, the doctor may ask the patient to do some simple physical exercises. An ultrasound scan will also show what degree of prolapse is present in the patient.
The main methods for diagnosing the disease are:
- Ultrasound of the heart is the main procedure in which most cases of prolapse are detected. Using ultrasound diagnostics, even prolapse of the first stage can be diagnosed, in which there are no obvious signs and symptoms. Using ultrasound, you can identify the severity of valve prolapse and determine the stage of the disease.
- X-ray is a method in which the dimensions of the heart are examined.
- ECG – a study in which the heart rate and its possible disorders are measured: the appearance of sinus, ectopic tachycardia and atrial flutter.
Upon examination at the military registration and enlistment office, all conscripts undergo a medical examination to determine if the young man is suitable for military service. The medical commission consists of a number of doctors, including a cardiologist. A study for the presence of heart disease is done by listening to heart murmurs.
In addition to ultrasound diagnostics, directions for ECG and X-ray can be written out. If the examination revealed that the conscript has a heart defect, the medical commission decides whether to take this person into the army or not. This decision depends on the severity of the disease, the presence of complaints, as well as diseases of other organs and systems.
Congenital illness treatment
Since they are practically not detected if congenital mitral valve prolapse is diagnosed, symptoms, treatment, respectively, are not prescribed. In case of detecting disturbing signs, such as insomnia, headaches, a sedative is recommended. As a rule, the drug Novo-Passit, valerian is prescribed. Such funds created on herbs perfectly normalize the activity of the nervous system. Thus contribute to the elimination of unpleasant symptoms.
Often recommended to receive means “Magnesium B6”, “Magnerot.” Such drugs have a calming effect on the body. Therefore, the effect of their administration is the same as described above.
A more serious treatment requires an ailment, accompanied by severe changes in the work of the heart. The patient may experience weakness, shortness of breath, bouts of pain. As a rule, in this case, an ultrasound confirms the pathology, revealing significant regurgitation. A cardiologist introduces drugs into the treatment, the action of which is aimed at normalizing the heart rhythm. However, it is important to understand that only a doctor is able to choose the right therapy based on purely individual characteristics of the disease.
The tactics of combating an ailment depend on many factors. For the effectiveness of treatment, the degree of the disease is taken into account, the prolapse of the anterior mitral valve leaflet, the posterior or both, is diagnosed. Another indicator for the selection of complex therapy is very important – the volume of regurgitation.
Treatment of a non-congenital form of prolapse depends on the source that triggered the ailment. If the cause of the disease is scarlet fever or tonsillitis, then antibiotics are prescribed to the patient.
The ailment that arose against the background of ischemia needs a slightly different approach. In this case, a treatment is selected that can normalize the blood supply to the heart, reduce blood pressure.
If mitral valve prolapse is diagnosed after an injury, heart surgery is often the only way out. As soon as the patient’s condition is normalized with medication, surgery is recommended. The operation allows you to restore normal valve operation.
It is very important to start from childhood to protect the body from unpleasant consequences. Regardless of how pronounced the symptoms of mitral valve prolapse are in the diagnosis, prophylaxis is based on therapeutic procedures and moderate physical exertion.
It is very important to treat all diseases on time. The body should be protected from chronic foci of infection. This applies to carious teeth, tonsillitis. According to indications, removal of tonsils may be recommended. It is equally important to avoid or treat colds on time.
Teenagers and children are required to be registered with a doctor. They are advised to undergo a medical examination regularly.
Subject to these measures, patients are not at all disturbed by the symptoms characterizing mitral valve prolapse. Reviews of people who have been diagnosed with an ailment make it possible to verify this. As a rule, unpleasant discomfort causes VSD. And prolapse absolutely does not interfere with a normal life.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,