When the long-awaited summer comes, many rush to feast on watermelons – an exclusively seasonal pleasure. Juicy fruit, which consists mainly of water, still contains a sufficient amount of nutrients. Thanks to them, pumpkin (this family includes watermelons) has useful characteristics: it removes bile from the body, normalizes intestinal peristalsis, is a diuretic and laxative.
But we will talk about something else: how exactly the numerous properties of the fetus are displayed on the activity of the organ that takes the entire “blow” – these are the kidneys. It is believed that the use of this product (in moderation, of course) will only lead to positive results. The effect will be noticeable even when fighting kidney stones.
An exception will be watermelons, in which the amount of nitrates is exceeded, which can easily settle in the thickness of the fruit. Their excess in the body leads to oxygen starvation of tissues, and also contributes to the formation of malignant tumors.
Benefits of drinking watermelon for the kidneys
Drinking watermelon has a number of beneficial properties:
- The work of the kidneys becomes more intense and productive, as the watermelon contains a large amount of organic water.
- Alkalis contained in the pulp of the fruit tend to dissolve kidney stones and naturally remove them from the body.
- Removing toxins by urinating. Dissolved in organic water, toxins become less concentrated: as a result, a person is easier to get rid of them.
- The fruit is rich in magnesium. This macronutrient is part of many enzymes, and also prevents the appearance of kidney stones.
- Elimination of edema caused by kidney dysfunction or disease.
In general, this juicy fruit, through action on the kidneys, helps to cleanse the entire body. This has a beneficial effect on the general condition, therefore, the “watermelon diet” will give a person a feeling of lightness. But, it should be noted that such a diet should be organized for oneself only after making sure of its appropriateness, since abuse can be harmful.
Watermelon harm to the kidneys
In this matter, there is only one main rule: adherence to a sense of proportion in the use of the product. The approximate rate is no more than 2,5 kg per day. You also need to consider contraindications.
Kidney disease in which watermelon is contraindicated
- Phosphaturia. With this disease, the exchange of phosphorus and calcium is disrupted in the body. This is followed by the formation of salts that accumulate in the urinary tract in the form of stones or sand.
- Pyelonephritis (an inflammatory process that affects the kidney).
- Violations of the outflow of urine.
- The presence of large stones in the kidneys, which can move and settle in other locations, causing colic and blockages.
In addition to kidney disease, other contraindications are worth mentioning:
- Colitis, diarrhea.
- Fluid retention in the body caused by certain ailments (such as heart disease).
- Diseases of the spleen.
- Prostate adenoma.
Influence of watermelon on the course of kidney stone disease
In order to determine how the use of a product affects the body in the case of such a disease, it is necessary to understand the biochemistry of this process:
- Organic water – acts as usual, providing a diuretic effect. The only difference is that drinking it at a time turns out more than ordinary water. The kidneys begin to work in an enhanced mode.
- Alkaline substances – enrich organic water, enhancing its beneficial properties. At the same time, the kidney tissue does not experience irritation.
Under normal eating conditions, the composition of the urine will have an acidic reaction, while after drinking watermelon, the urine becomes filled with alkalis. They act on a certain series of salts, dissolving them. And these salts, in turn, are involved in the formation of kidney stones. Thus, there is an increased release of these substances from the body without causing harm and the prevention of the appearance of stones.
How to eat watermelon correctly
There are several simple rules, under which the watermelon will not cause unpleasant consequences for the body:
Kidneys hurt after drinking watermelon: what to do?
There can be many reasons for the onset of pain: increased work of the kidneys, which simply cannot cope with such volumes of fluid, the launch of processes of movement of sand or existing stones, congenital defects and pathologies of diseases that have not yet manifested themselves. The nature of the pain also depends on the cause.
In this case, it is necessary to pay attention to sudden and acute attacks, the presence of blood in the urine, the unreasonable occurrence of impotence and apathy, insufficient urination in comparison with the amount of liquid drunk per day. With these signs, you should consult a doctor in the near future and take the following measures:
- Eliminate the use of watermelon and reduce the amount of fluid consumed to the optimal amount required.
- Track and compare the volumes of fluid drunk and excreted in urine.
- Stay at rest for more time, do not make sudden movements.
- Do not self-medicate.
- Take painkillers without a doctor’s prescription only in extreme cases.
- In case of a strong persistent attack, urgently call an ambulance.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.