Before you find out what should be the normal blood pressure in a person, you need to figure out what factors affect blood pressure.
Blood pressure is the force with which the flow of blood acts on the vascular walls of blood vessels. The values of its parameters are closely interconnected with the speed and strength of heart contractions, as well as with the volume of blood that the heart can pass through itself for a certain period of time – 1 minute.
In medical practice, there are established indicators of pressure, that is, the average value that is attributed to a person by age depending on his gender.
It is these values that show the degree of functionality with which the entire adult body works, and also, it is possible to characterize some systems individually.
Blood pressure is considered an individual parameter, the indicators of which vary depending on various factors:
- The strength and frequency of heart contractions, which ensures the advancement of blood through arteries, veins and blood vessels.
- The peculiarity of the blood. There are blood characteristics that belong to a particular patient, as a result of which blood flow may become difficult and blood pressure strength may increase.
- Atherosclerosis. If the patient has deposits on the vascular walls in the body, an additional load develops on them.
- The elasticity and elasticity of the vascular walls. When the blood vessels wear out, there are difficulties in the movement of blood with increased load.
- Excessively dilated / narrowed blood vessels. Usually this condition of the vessels is provoked by emotional factors (stress, panic, nervous breakdown).
- Features of the functioning of the thyroid gland, when with an excess of certain hormones, an increase in blood pressure parameters occurs.
Under the influence of these factors, blood pressure may differ from normal parameters. In view of this, human pressure is a purely individual and relative concept.
Normal blood pressure by age
Everyone knows that the most ideal Blood Pressure is 120/80. But few people understand that such a framework is blurry enough, because normal blood pressure is not exclusively 120/80, but the average value from 101/59 to 139/89 is also considered the norm.
Not only with age, blood pressure increases slightly, so there was such a thing as working blood pressure. Such a state means that level of pressure that does not affect the human condition in any way, while it does not correspond to the accepted norm.
- In a woman aged 40, blood pressure is 140/70. This pressure deviates from the averaged indicators, but it does not have a detrimental effect on the body.
- If you reduce the pressure to the required norm, that is 120/80, then you will feel worse, unpleasant symptoms will appear.
However, there is an average value of blood pressure by age. Table normal blood pressure by age:
- At 16-20 years, normal blood pressure should be 100-120 / 70-80.
- At 20-30 years, blood pressure should be 120-126 / 75-80.
- At 40, 125/80 is considered normal.
- At 45, normal rates are 127/80.
- At 50, 130/80 is considered the norm.
- At 60 years old – 135/85, at 70 years old – 140/88.
As the table of pressure by age shows, age-related changes affect not only the systolic indicator, but also the diastolic one. However, you still need to understand that these are just average indicators that you should not always strive for.
At the age of 20 years, normal blood pressure may be slightly lower, this decrease applies to two indicators. In general, at 20 years old, pressure at rest 100/70 is considered to be the norm, with age it is equal to the averaged parameters. In detail about everything, it will help to find out the norm of pressure by age, a table and indicators.
Based on medical statistics, we can say that men after 40 years are at risk of developing hypertension.
There is another generalized table of pressure standards, which is a more average indicator (the table was compiled in 1981):
- 16-20 years old – 100-120 / 70-80.
- 20-40 years old – 120-130 / 70-80.
- 40-60 years – the upper value is not more than 140, the lower one is not more than 90.
- After 60 years – 150/90.
It is worth noting that the pressure in a man aged 20 years, as well as in a woman at the same age, will differ slightly. The young man has the most ideal value Blood pressure for this age is 123/76, for a girl of 20 years old – 116/72.
Pulse pressure is the difference between a systolic and a diastolic indicator. The normal difference should be between 30 and 50 mmHg.
An abnormal deviation from the accepted norm significantly worsens the patient’s quality of life, overall health, and is also accompanied by unpleasant symptoms.
High pulse pressure in a person can signal malfunctions in the functioning of the cardiovascular system, the difference is especially significant in people over 60 years of age. An increased pulse pressure is considered to be a pressure whose difference is more than 60 mmHg.
Such indicators have a very negative effect on the functioning of the body, because this condition helps to accelerate the natural aging of all internal organs, in particular this applies to the brain, kidneys, heart.
There are various reasons for this anomaly:
- The reasons may lie in the stiffness of large arterial vessels.
- Hyperkinetic syndrome.
- Endocarditis, heart block.
- During pregnancy.
- Increased intracranial pressure.
- Chronic heart failure.
It is worth noting that age does not affect the difference in pulse pressure, as well as the gender of a person. In the event of a significant decrease or increase in indicators, you must immediately consult a doctor to find out the causes of such a pathology and prescribe appropriate treatment.
Human pressure and pulse
Pressure, pulse are parameters that the attending physician takes without fail. Normal pressure and pulse are the key to a good condition and human health. If there are deviations from the norm, we can say that any pathology is developing.
Pressure and pulse are two interrelated quantities that in any case affect each other. For example, with increased arterial pressure, the heartbeat becomes faster, the strokes of which the patient feels very clearly. Based on this, it is necessary to find out how many beats per minute are considered normal?
Like pressure, the pulse has its own average norms by age:
- Newborn baby – 140.
- 8-14 years old – 85, 16-20 years old – 80.
- 20-30 years old – 70, 30-40 years old – 65,
- 40-50 years old – 65.
- During the illness – 120, before death – 160.
Like pressure, the pulse is measured by age, and with age, the number of strokes decreases, with the exception of the time of illness. Why does the number of strokes decrease with the age of a person?
The fact is that the more economical the exchange processes in the human body, the fewer beats the heart makes in a certain period of time, the longer the life of a person.
In a completely healthy person (age is not important), the pulse has the properties of rhythm, as a result of which the pulse waves occur at regular intervals. If there is a violation of the heart rhythm, the pressure, pulse will change.
By measuring your pulse, knowing its normal indicators by age, you can recognize an emerging problem. For example, if the number of strokes in one minute became larger after a couple of hours after eating, poisoning can be assumed.
How is pulse and pressure measured?
The main way to determine the pulse is to probe the arteries. As a rule, palpation of the radial artery is carried out: the patient’s hand is grasped in the area of the wrist joint, the doctor’s thumb is on the back of the forearm, the other fingers are on the inner surface of the radius. What you need to know about measuring your heart rate:
- If you place your fingers correctly, then you can feel the radial artery, which continuously pulsates.
- Typically, when examining a person, the pulse is felt on two hands, since it is not always the same on the left and right hand.
- In some cases, the femoral, temporal or carotid arteries can palpate. In these vessels, the pulse rate is always the same.
- The duration of the pulse measurement is half a minute, the result is multiplied by two.
- When a patient has a heart rhythm failure, the pulse is always felt for one minute.
When the patient has a tense pulse, the strokes are felt quite clearly, then we can safely conclude that high blood pressure.
In conclusion, it must be said that pulse and blood pressure are very important indicators, which are vital to monitor, and at the slightest deviation from the norm, you need to immediately contact a doctor. Elena Malysheva will talk about pressure standards in the video in this article.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page .