Cystitis is an inflammation of the lining of the bladder. As a result, there is an increased urge to urinate, pain, cramps in the lower abdomen. Inflammation is more common in women. It is possible to treat cystitis at home, and successfully. First of all, identify the cause of the disease, the symptoms.
Causes and symptoms of cystitis
Common factors affecting the onset of cystitis include:
- Frequent hypothermia, especially of the legs and pelvic area, is one of the main causes of the disease.
- Anatomical predisposition (usually in women),
- Taking antibiotics.
- Failure to comply with hygiene rules.
- Injury to the bladder mucosa.
- Past diseases of the genitourinary system (candidiasis, chlamydosis, etc.),
- Violation of the blood supply to the pelvic organs (caused by frequent constipation, wearing tight underwear, a sedentary lifestyle, etc.)
The disease has characteristic symptoms:
These signs are common. Doctors divide cystitis into acute (with a pronounced clinical picture) and chronic. The latter may be asymptomatic.
In acute cystitis, there are also intense cuts in the pubic area and bladder. The cuts are so strong that the pain radiates to the rectum. A change, clouding of the color of urine, the appearance of traces of blood in it is possible. After urinating, there is no feeling of a completely empty bladder. Temperature rise to 38-39C.
Asymptomatic chronic cystitis is usually detected by chance on urinalysis.
The consequences of cystitis
Cystitis, even asymptomatic, requires treatment. If the infection is not defeated, it will destroy the bladder or spread to neighboring organs.
Complications of cystitis its hemorrhagic form (destruction of the capillaries of the urinary bladder, hemorrhage), interstitial (destruction of the muscle layer of the bladder, as a result of which its tissues scar, and the bladder itself ceases to cope with its functions), rupture of the bladder with the development of peritonitis.
Untreated cystitis can cause the development of pyelonephritis, vesicoureteral reflux (threatens with the death of the kidneys), and the development of infertility. Finally, the disease makes the body vulnerable to attacks by bacteria, reduces the body’s immune forces.
Home therapy for cystitis
When treating ailments at home, there is always a risk of incorrect diagnosis, wrong choice of medicines. Therefore, the right decision is to see a doctor.
For cystitis, the following therapeutic measures are recommended:
Refuse to visit the pool, do not take hot showers and baths. Refrain from sexual intercourse during treatment.
Thermal treatments are recommended to reduce abdominal pain. Use a heating pad with warm water, paraffin applications. If none of the above is at hand, then you can boil potatoes in their skins and mash them. Wrap the resulting gruel in a towel and apply to the lower abdomen. Warm-up time – no more than 10 minutes, you can perform several sessions a day. Massage of the sacrum will bring relief.
Since cystitis has a bacterial etiology, antibiotics will be required to combat it. Taking drugs of this group should be treated with caution, it is better to drink them as directed by a doctor.
Among the effective drugs for cystitis, the following can be distinguished:
- Monual is an antibiotic that eliminates up to 95% of all bacteria present in the bladder. It is taken once a day, at night, after emptying. Immediately after taking, there is a noticeable relief. The age limit for use is children under 5 years of age. Monual allows you to quickly cure cystitis.
- Nolitsin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. One of the drug’s advantages is concentration in urine without getting into blood and tissues. The course of treatment is usually 10 to 12 days.
- Furadonin is an effective remedy; already on the 2nd day of admission, an improvement is noted. Requires drinking plenty of water. The course of treatment is 10 days, side reactions are possible – nausea, vomiting.
- Furagin – stops the growth of bacteria in the bladder. To consolidate the result, you should take it for at least 7 days.
With severe pain and cramps, you can take a no-shpa pill or replace it with drotaverine (analogue at a lower price) or papaverine suppositories. To relieve pain and inflammation of the bladder, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are taken – nurofen, ibuprofen.
Treatment of cystitis should be comprehensive, therefore, in addition to drugs, a course of herbal remedies on a natural basis is drunk. They usually include the fruits of cranberries, horsetail, bearberry, oils, vitamins. It is possible to highlight “Cyston”, “Monurel”, “Uroprofit” (dietary supplement), “Fitolizin”, “Kanefron”.
Folk remedies for the treatment of cystitis
Traditional medicine notes the positive effect of sitz baths with herbal decoctions. The water temperature is not higher than 39C, while it is important to ensure that it does not cool down. The procedure time is no more than 15 minutes.
- Horsetail – pour 100 mg of the plant with 5 liters of water, leave for 2 hours.
- Coniferous – ½ cup of chopped pine, spruce, fir needles are poured with 2 liters of boiling water. Insist 1-2 hours.
- Sage – add 5 cups of sage herb to 2 liters of boiling water, boil for 2-3 minutes and leave to infuse for 3 hours.
Baths relieve unpleasant symptoms, but they cannot be done during pregnancy, elevated body temperature.
Medicinal teas and decoctions are prepared from medicinal herbs:
Comprehensive home treatment brings relief from the very first days. However, with cystitis in children, as well as with bloody and purulent discharge, cystitis should be treated under medical supervision.
It is known to be easier to prevent a disease than to cure it. To do this, dress for the weather, treat diseases in a timely manner. Do not tolerate, if you want to go to the toilet, empty your bladder. Avoid constipation, hypothermia, follow intimate hygiene.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.