The feces of a healthy person usually do not contain noticeable particles of mucus. In this case, white mucus in the feces, impurities of a different color and consistency are formed in small quantities due to the activity of the intestinal glands. With the help of mucus in the feces, the process of the release of digestive waste from the human body is simplified.
When mucous discharge is the norm
The passage of feces with mucus in an adult is a physiological process. The mucous substance envelops the intestinal walls, thereby protecting them from the irritating effects of various substances. That is, treatment is not always necessary, because in a number of different situations a certain amount of mucus in the feces is quite normal. If there is no mucous discharge in the feces, a person may develop constipation, certain difficulties during bowel movements.
The release of feces with mucus in an adult can play an important role. Normally, it is a jelly-like substance of light or transparent color, which is based on epithelial and leukocyte cells.
If there is a lot of mucus in the stool and you can see it, you should not panic. Visible mucus coming out of the anus is considered normal in certain situations. There are a number of cases when mucus in an adult’s feces should be perceived not as a pathology, but as a natural state:
- During a cold and runny nose, a large amount of mucus, that is, phlegm, enters the esophagus and then into the intestines.
- After taking a lot of certain foods in our usual diet. The main nutritional reasons are the use of oatmeal, bananas, cottage cheese, watermelons. The presence of a mucous substance in the stool speaks especially about the peculiarities of nutrition.
- Mucus in the feces during pregnancy covers both the nutritional characteristics and some disorders of the body’s functions. However, if a woman’s mucus in her feces is very noticeable when carrying a child, it is better to consult a doctor about this. After childbirth, watery and slimy feces are also not uncommon in women.
As a rule, the appearance of feces with white mucus or an abundant amount of a jelly-like substance with a yellowish tinge, impurities of green or white, indicates the presence of intestinal problems. This mainly concerns the distal sections, that is, we are talking about the large intestine.
In adults with hemorrhoids, dysbiosis, and other disorders, the intestinal glands actively produce an excess amount of mucus in order to neutralize certain negative factors.
What does the mucus in the intestines say? In adults, this may mean that the body includes a protective special function when irritating the intestinal walls with harmful substances or dangerous microbes. The mucus on the surface of the walls protects them, envelops and acts as a lubricant.
The detection of mucus in the feces of a child and an adult indicates that inflammatory processes are taking place in his intestines. But before getting rid of a pathological substance in excess, you need to understand why it appears and in the form of what impurities.
Depending on where the inflammatory process may be present, excrement appears along with a different type of substance:
- Impurities in the form of threads, jelly-like film or large flakes. These white-gray mucous masses can appear on the surface of the stool. The presence of a long film or some kind of filaments indicates that the distal intestine is affected. In parallel with this, in addition to tape mucous inclusions, solid feces are observed. It comes out with difficulty or is accompanied by prolonged constipation.
- Small flakes mixed with faeces. Thick fecal matter of a dense structure is mixed with mucous inclusions, that is, the presence of clots is inside and outside. This means that the upper sections of the large intestine are affected, and in some cases this situation is prerequisites for the defeat of the small intestine. Then the jelly-like substance will be yellow.
Diseases with mucous feces
If mucus appears in the stool in abundant quantities, or even if there is little of it, it is better to immediately consult a specialist. Do not take Linex or Enterofuril on your own before consulting your doctor. First, a specialist must conduct an examination, examine the analysis of feces and make an appropriate conclusion. The coprogram indicates almost everything that can help determine the development of diseases in the early stages.
Thorough examination of the stool allows you to find and prevent all kinds of diseases. Such simple studies as the analysis of feces, urine and blood are the basis for understanding the current state of health of each person. In case of hemorrhoids, constipation, other diseases, discomfort, when you are pursued by constant rumbling in your stomach, see your doctor for a routine preventive checkup. The appearance of mucus in the stool is a reason to consult a specialist.
Frequent bowel movements, a lot of mucus, itching in the anus, and stool with an unpleasant odor that is not your body’s characteristic may indicate potential problems.
There are several diseases that can cause loose stools with mucus, for example:
- With hemorrhoids or internal polyps. With the help of the mucus that our body produces, a protective shell is created. But the discharge of a mucous substance in a person with hemorrhoids is different, since jelly-like threads have their own characteristics. They do not mix with feces, and after defecation they can go out on their own without feces and remain on used paper.
- Mucous colitis. It is also called webbed. It is a dangerous functional lesion of the human intestine. In this case, the mucous component is represented by threads or dense films. Because of this, they look a bit like tapeworms. You should not confuse them, but it is better to seek help from a doctor.
- Suction problems. The reason for the appearance of mucus is that the body cannot absorb certain foods. This is due to the patient’s food intolerance or food allergy. That is, a person is not able to consume even a small amount of certain food products. These diseases include celiac disease, lactose intolerance and malabsorption syndrome.
- Dysbacteriosis. Sticky mucus and even green feces with mucus can be caused by dysbiosis. In this case, the normal beneficial intestinal microflora is disrupted, nutrients are not absorbed. Poisoning, vomiting, flatulence and other unpleasant symptoms may also appear. A person is worried about frequent stools, mucus comes out in large quantities, since it is produced to remove various toxins and harmful toxins. However, with dysbiosis in the human body, pathogenic microflora is activated, which leads to inflammatory processes. In this case, it is imperative to get rid of mucus. Dysbacteriosis can develop against the background of other diseases, after taking antibiotics and some other provoking factor. This requires a consultation with a doctor in order to accurately diagnose. In no case can you use folk remedies without the consent of a specialist.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The disease does not look the best, since a person is often worried about diarrhea, a jelly-like mass comes out of the anus along with feces. Soft stools turn into diarrhea with mucus in an adult.
- Intestinal infectious lesions. Green stools with mucus, dark feces with a black mucous impurity, may appear against the background of infections affecting the intestines. Purulent discharge indicates a serious neglect of the disease, therefore, you should definitely seek help. High fever, mushy stools, and foul-smelling mucus in stool indicate potential infection. Slimy pus is very dangerous as a sign of an illness. Home treatment may be ineffective and you will be referred to a hospital. It all depends on the doctor’s decision and the results of the analysis.
- Diverticulitis. This is inflammation and hernial formation on the intestinal wall. In addition to the impurities in the feces themselves, a symptom of this disease is diarrhea, stool with blood in an adult. Plus, there is abundant gas formation, pain in the lower left abdomen.
- Cystic fibrosis. This is a congenital disease of a genetic nature, characterized by damage to the organs responsible for the secretion of mucus. It is more common in children, but it can also be in adult patients.
- Tumors. Porridge-like feces are supplemented with blood impurities in the form of veins, there are pains in the lower abdomen, and general weakness is observed. The very first signs should be an immediate reason to see a doctor.
Diagnostics of possible violations
Also, discharge can provoke diseases such as gastritis, pancreatitis, rotavirus. Diseases are not always the culprit. For example, poisoning, side effects after suppositories, antibiotics can also increase the activity of the production of mucous masses and remove them along with feces.
But if you notice green stools with mucus or pus in your stool, which usually produces brown mucus, seek medical advice immediately. It is not recommended to try to cure or independently determine why mucus appears instead of feces. There are several potential causes of mucosal excretion without feces – worms, constipation, and intestinal obstruction. One way or another, each of the diseases or disorders leading to such symptoms requires exclusively professional intervention.
Any non-normal discharge from the anus during bowel movements, such as foamy feces, blood clots or an uncharacteristic color of stool, is a good reason to get tested and undergo a comprehensive examination. Do not hesitate to take a coprogram at least once a year. For an adult, this is not just useful, but necessary. A good and correct bowel movement is a sign of an excellent state of the body.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.