Chronic hypertension develops in 30% of the global population. Given the fact that cervical damage is diagnosed in 70% of patients, it is not strange that both pathologies are often combined together.
Between the cervical and vascular systems, of course, there is a relationship. For example, at a distance from the 6th thoracic vertebra to the 8th cervical vertebra there is a sympathetic spinal center, due to which nerves are supplied. It should be noted that the supply of nerves to organs and tissues is associated with the central nervous system. Any pathological process that occurs at a distance from the 3rd to 5th vertebra of the neck leads to a disorder of the bloodstream between the brain and spinal cord.
The main cause of pathologies is considered an incorrect lifestyle. People began to take carbohydrate and salty foods more, which negatively affects their body weight and the delay in eliminating excess fluid from the body. Its excess raises blood pressure. Low activity and obesity increase the load on the musculoskeletal system, which causes many undesirable diseases.
Stress and emotional stress trigger pathological processes that are manifested by irregular blood pressure. An important factor remains genetic heredity.
An increase in pressure in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is examined holistically and, based on the exact diagnosis of the doctor, medication and a set of physical exercises are prescribed.
Signs of osteochondrosis and changes in blood pressure
When asked if pressure can increase with osteochondrosis, they give a positive answer. So, with hernias of the intervertebral disc and protrusion of the cervical spine (protrusion of the intervertebral disc), arterial hypertension is often diagnosed. The patient may complain of a constant spasmodic change in pressure during the day.
Medical studies have shown that pathological spinal disorders exacerbate hypertension.
It contributes to an increase in the number of hypertensive crises and the resistance of symptoms to hypotonic treatment.
It should be noted that high blood pressure in a patient with a diagnosis of osteochondrosis occurs as a result of:
- vertebrobasilar insufficiency (disorders of the brain due to poor blood circulation in the vertebral or basilar artery);
- vertebral artery syndrome (weakening of blood circulation in two or one vertebral artery);
- discirculatory encephalopathy (diffuse vascular damage to the brain).
Some experts believe that there is a close relationship between the level of blood pressure, blood flow of the brachiocephalic trunk and blood concentration:
- Vasopressin – the hormone of the hypothalamus, which increases the tone of the smooth muscles of internal organs, regulates the excretion of fluid by the kidneys and aggressive behavior in the brain.
- Angiotensin II – a hormone that causes vasoconstriction, an increase in blood pressure and the release of aldosterone into the bloodstream from the adrenal cortex.
- Catecholamines – substances that lead to an increase in the activity of the endocrine glands, stimulation of the pituitary gland and hypothalamus.
So, if the vertebral artery does not receive the necessary amount of blood, then the pressure begins to increase, including intracranial. The most common patient complaints may include:
- pain arising after a long stay in the same position (after office work or night rest);
- feeling of general weakness, loss of strength, “ringing” in the ears;
- a sensation of pain in the occipital-cervical region, smoothly passing into the temporal, frontal and ocular zones;
- increased pain occurs when bending or turning the head;
- pains localized on one side;
- frequent dizziness, disturbance of the visual apparatus and hearing;
- confusion, in severe cases – fainting;
- the appearance of “flies” in the eyes, a split image.
Sometimes the patient can attribute the above symptoms to simple fatigue. But pressure surges never begin for no reason: neglected pathological changes in the spine trigger the development of various diseases of the internal organs.
Complications of hypertension and vascular compression
The dysmetabolic nature of the vertebrobasilar pool and ischemia, as a result of impaired arterial circulation, is aggravated by a deterioration in venous outflow from the brain.
High rates Blood pressure causes the opening of arteriovenous shunts, which overloads the venous system.
The rise in blood pressure, heart rhythm disturbance and, in addition, unbalanced nutrition in the complex accelerates the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels of the brain.
As a result, there is a violation of blood circulation in the brain, deformation of the arteries, manifested by tortuosity and bending. Occasionally, the lumen of the vessels narrows, the so-called stenosis.
All described processes together with cervical osteochondrosis cause:
- Contraction of the bloodstream in the vessels of the head.
- Violation of microcirculation.
- Increased blood viscosity.
These processes provoke the occurrence of a hypertonic form of encephalopathy (impaired brain function due to hypertension) and weakening of blood circulation in the vertebral or basilar artery. Stenosis and occlusion of the carotid and vertebral arteries in 45% of patients cause the development of ischemic stroke and other cardiac pathologies.
If you drag out your precious time and not make an appointment with a specialist, you can suffer from very serious consequences, not to mention disability and fatal outcome.
The principles of drug treatment
Treatment requires special attention of the doctor and efforts on the part of the patient.
The fact is that the traditional therapy of hypertension does not help, because the drugs are not able to stop the pain and the inflammatory process.
Pressure can rise more significantly, since non-steroidal drugs retain fluid in the body and act on prostaglandins. The latter reduce the effectiveness of drugs that eliminate the hypertensive state.
You can not apply therapeutic massage, which is prescribed for cervical osteochondrosis. Such manipulations can lead to an increase in blood pressure.
Therefore, the main vectors of effective therapy for a combination of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and hypertension should be:
- stabilization of blood viscosity;
- improved sympathetic circulation;
- normalization of blood flow in the brain;
- the fight against vascular, or angioedema, symptoms;
- stabilization of energy metabolism in the cellular structure of the brain;
- elimination of neuromuscular disorders.
In order to normalize the arterial pulse and eliminate pain, it is necessary to take the following medications:
- Cavinton is an effective drug that normalizes blood circulation and metabolic processes of the brain. Due to the main component of vinpocetine, the drug has a vasodilator, antiaggregation and antihypoxic effect.
- Tolperisone is a muscle relaxant. It is prescribed for changes in muscle tone in the neck. As a rule, the doctor prescribes injections that can be smoothly replaced with a tablet form.
- Equator – a medicine consisting of lisinopril and amlodipine. It is used in combination antihypertensive therapy. Regular intake of the drug significantly reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular pathologies.
In addition to the medications listed above, you need to use medications that help eliminate cerebral symptoms.
Alternative therapy and other methods
The use of alternative methods will not help to completely overcome the disease, but together with drug therapy it can produce a good effect.
Constant monitoring of pressure is important, because this is one of the main conditions for a successful recovery.
To escape from pain in the cervical spine with osteochondrosis, a home remedy for external use is made.
His recipe consists of the following components:
- iodine – 10 ml;
- medical alcohol – 0, 3 l;
- camphor oil – 10 ml;
- Analginum – 10 tablets.
Analgin is rubbed and mixed with the rest of the components. The resulting mixture is put in a place protected from sunlight for three weeks. Such a tool relieves the inflammatory process, pain and does not allow pressure to rise. You can also use hypericum oil. According to many reviews, compresses are made from it, added to the bathtub and simply rubbed into the neck.
There are many other methods aimed at normalizing blood pressure and vertebra reduction:
- Use of an orthopedic collar of Shants which reduces pressure on a neck.
- Manual treatment, with which various pathologies of the musculoskeletal system are cured.
In addition, therapeutic gymnastics is used – a set of exercises that help normalize the heartbeat, eliminate spasms of the vertebral artery, straighten the vertebrae and lower blood pressure.
To prevent osteochondrosis and, as a result, high blood pressure, you need to perform special physical exercises. They need to be done every day.
The forehead is placed on the palm of your hand, then it is pressed for about 20 seconds, without bending the head back.
A person can stand or sit. The head bends when you exhale, the chin is extremely close to the chest. Inhaling air, the head must be turned in such a way as to see the back and linger for 3-5 seconds. On exhalation, the head turns to its initial position. Repeat the manipulation 10 times.
The patient lies on his stomach, puts his hands along the torso with his palms up. The chin is placed on the floor, while you need to completely relax the body. The head leans slowly to the right, touching the floor with the ear, then the same manipulations are repeated in the opposite direction. Repeat this exercise, preferably 10 times.
No one canceled hiking, walking and jogging. Physical education will have a positive effect on a person, as it will prevent the deposition of fat cells, the formation of atherosclerotic plaques and thinning of blood vessels. Volleyball is also very useful – a team sport that includes natural movements for a person. It improves the condition of the cervical, lumbar and other departments.
In addition to exercise, nutrition plays an important role. To prevent the development of hypertension and osteochondrosis, it is necessary to exclude salty foods, sweets, muffins, preservation, fried and fatty foods from the diet. Instead, fruits and vegetables, baked goods from coarse flour, low-fat liquid dishes, low-fat dairy products are introduced into it.
Inactive lifestyle leads to many serious diseases. Common among them is cervical osteochondrosis, weighed down by arterial hypertension. With an early diagnosis of the disease, you can normalize the heart rate and prevent arrhythmia. For this, treatment with medicines, alternative medicine methods, the use of the Shants collar, manual therapy and simple physiotherapy exercises help. The heart is the main motor, and the musculoskeletal system is our foundation, the maintenance of which is a necessity for a full life.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.