In the chest cavity there is a complex of mediastinal organs, major vessels, neuromuscular bundles and respiratory system organs. Burning in the heart is the main symptom of damage to these structures. Pain syndrome (cardialgia) accompanies such diseases:
- Myocardial infarction is an acute pathology that occurs when there is a violation of the blood supply to the heart muscle due to blockage of the lumen of the coronary arteries. The gold standard of treatment in the early stages is minimally invasive (percutaneous) surgery with stent placement in a damaged vessel.
- Angina pectoris is a variant of coronary heart disease, which is characterized by the appearance of pain after exercise.
- Exfoliating an aortic aneurysm is an acute pathological violation of the integrity of the vascular wall of the thoracic part of the vessel with the penetration of blood between the inner and outer layer of the wall. The pain syndrome is characterized by high intensity at rest and refractoriness (lack of sensitivity) to the use of Nitroglycerin. Most often, the complication occurs against the background of arterial hypertension.
- Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lung tissue that occurs due to the penetration of pathological microorganisms. The disease is characterized by coughing, weakened breathing, fever, shortness of breath, and weakness.
- Pleurisy is an inflammatory pathology of the membrane lining the walls of the chest cavity. There are dry and exudative variant of the disease with the accumulation of fluid. Squeezing adjacent organs causes dull chest pain. Patients acquire a forced position – on the affected side.
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine is a degenerative disease of the cartilage and bone of the spine. The development mechanism determines the pathological growths of the vertebral bodies with compression of the nerve roots, which causes pain in the innervation area. The pain intensifies during movement.
- Esophageal diseases – strictures, diverticula, gastroesophageal reflux disease (HERB). Violations of the passage of the food lump or throwing of the acidic contents of the stomach cause heartburn, pressing or burning pain in the sternum.
- Pathologies of the abdominal cavity – acute cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) and gastric ulcer (damage to the integrity of the mucous membrane of the organ). In some cases, the disease is accompanied by painful sensations not only in the upper abdomen, but also behind the sternum. Most often, pain is associated with eating or drinking alcohol.
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD) is a functional pathology without a morphological substrate, due to disorders of innervation. The disease is more susceptible to young women with lability of the nervous system and during pregnancy. In most cases, the onset of symptoms is observed after stress.
Other possible causes of burning in the heart are cardiac pathologies of inflammatory and non-inflammatory genesis, which include rheumatic diseases of the organ, myocarditis and pericarditis (inflammation of the muscle membrane and heart bag due to infection).
Aid measures are correlated with the severity of manifestations and the root cause of the pathology. If sternal discomfort is accompanied by a prolonged pain syndrome, it is necessary to call an ambulance. Before her arrival:
- if suspected angina pectoris – provide peace, take a tablet of Nitroglycerin;
- if the pain increases in intensity, the person needs to be placed on high pillows, open the window, loosen tight clothing, give a second tablet of Nitroglycerin with Aspirin, which must be chewed;
When baking in the heart or chest, the first aid algorithm at home should be differentiated:
- with intercostal neuralgia, painkillers are taken: Movalis, Ketanov, Nurofen, Ketorol;
- VVD is stopped by sedatives: Novopassit, Persen, Afobazol, Deprim;
- diaphragmatic hernia with heartburn is treated with antacids: Renny, Almagel, Fosfalugel;
- with hyperthyroidism, medications that reduce the activity of the thyroid gland are used;
- with menopause, hormone replacement therapy is used: Klimalanin, Divina, Klimen, Gormopleks, Premarin.
In the event that a burning sensation in the chest is accompanied by prolonged pain in the inexplicable nature of the occurrence, it is necessary to immediately call an ambulance. In no case is it recommended to engage in self-diagnosis and treatment, as this can provoke the development of more serious problems.
Since most of the stomach is located in the upper left part of the abdominal cavity, patients often take digestive problems for heart disease.
Burning symptoms are caused by a hiatal hernia (paraesophageal hernia). The diaphragm is a muscle that is located between the chest and abdominal cavities. With a paraesophageal hernia, the abdominal esophagus and the upper part of the stomach are displaced into the chest cavity.
In addition to burning chest pain, this is accompanied by the following symptoms:
Such a pathology is difficult to conservative treatment and most often requires surgical intervention.
Sources of burning chest pain can be overweight and obesity. In this case, the deposition of fat leads to stretching of the esophagus. The pain appears after eating, especially if you lie down after eating. The intensity of pain can reach high values. The pain is reduced if you again move to an upright position and when walking.
What to do if bakes in the heart?
Diagnosis is complicated by the fact that overweight people really often suffer from coronary heart disease, they can be diagnosed with angina pectoris and those caused by problems in the digestive tract. Therefore, for proper diagnosis, it is worth involving not only a cardiologist, but also a gastroenterologist in the study. Timely treatment and measures to reduce body weight give a favorable prognosis.
For chest pain, do not self-diagnose and self-medicate and ignore pain, especially long-term pain. Perhaps the cause of the pain is not so serious, but only a specialist can determine this.
The cause of this kind of burning can be various diseases. But in 30% of all cases, the fault in the cardiovascular system becomes the fault. Sometimes this feeling arises as a result of overwork, emotional stress in a completely healthy person.
When a person bakes in the chest, the idea immediately arises that this is a myocardial infarction. Such suspicions are justified, because this is the first symptom of such a dangerous disease. The pain does not go away after taking nitroglycerin.
Chills and dizziness appear. In some cases, loss of consciousness is possible.
Angina pectoris is another disease characterized by a burning sensation in the chest. The cause of the attack is physical activity, a stressful situation. After taking nitroglycerin, the condition improves. If the first dose of the drug did not help, then you need to give it again and call an ambulance. All signs indicate a pre-infarction condition.
It happens that burning in the heart is a sign of vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD). The pain may be slight or very severe. Heart preparations, in such cases, do not help. The cause of the attack is the release of adrenaline into the blood in any stressful situation, fear.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
- Problems with the digestive tract
- Back problems
- Sources of Burning Chest Pain
- Treatment and prevention of repeated episodes of pain
- Burning in the heart – a sign of heart disease
- Angina pectoris
- Aortic aneurysm
- What you can do on your own to relieve symptoms
- Aortic aneurysm
- Burning in the heart: causes, what diseases can cause it and with what means to treat?
- Myocardial infarction
- Angina pectoris
- Aortic aneurysm
- Endocrine disorders
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis
- Treatment methods for different types of pathology
- Pinched nerve
- VSD treatment
Problems with the digestive tract
It may seem strange that pain in the heart indicates problems with the digestive tract. Sometimes diseases tend to disguise themselves as other ailments. For example, a stroke causes severe abdominal pain.
A hernia of the food section of the diaphragm is a disease that can provoke a burning sensation in the heart. When bending, the pain tends to intensify. Sometimes heartburn causes such sensations. At the same time, the person is sick and may vomit.
Infringement of the nerve roots in osteochondrosis causes a burning sensation in the heart. Also, such sensations arise when the intervertebral discs are displaced.
A person has symptoms similar to angina pectoris. But the main distinguishing feature is that the pain that occurs after physical exertion does not subside in a calm state (as with angina pectoris).
This question concerns women who have a hormonal background, namely changes in it, that cause pain in the heart. With menopause, the body is completely rebuilt, which causes various failures. Burning in the chest occurs against the background of the “tide”.
Discomfort can be expressed as a feeling of constriction, pain and burning in the heart. There may be tingling sensations, constriction, a strong heartbeat, or vice versa. The causes that cause these symptoms can be very diverse:
- myocardial infarction
- angina pectoris
- coronary artery disease,
- vegetative-vascular dystonia,
- heart failure,
- nervous disorders
- hormonal disorders,
- viral diseases
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Of course, the most formidable of all the above diseases is acute myocardial infarction. Its development can lead to sudden death of the patient due to a sharp spasm or clogging (thrombus formation) of the coronary arteries, and as a result of this, the portion of the heart muscle that was fed by these blood vessels will die. Such a heart cannot work anymore.
In acute myocardial infarction, medical care should be provided to the patient without delay. The sooner such a patient is taken to hospital, the more chances he has to stay alive. Therefore, the symptoms of a heart attack should be known to everyone in time to help their loved ones.
Sources of Burning Chest Pain
Determining the source of burning in the heart consists of several stages. Diagnostic criteria take into account concomitant diseases, especially the occurrence of pain and other symptoms, the effect of drugs.
If the cause of the pain is associated with cardiac pathology, a history of coronary heart disease or hypertension (persistent increase in blood pressure). The pain syndrome with a heart attack is characterized by high intensity, compression in the chest, radiating to the left shoulder, shoulder blade and lower jaw. An attack of angina pectoris is accompanied by a lack of air and sharp stitching pain.
Infectious pathologies of the lungs are characterized by fever and symptoms of respiratory failure (rapid surface breathing, the participation of additional muscles). Pain with severe exudative pleurisy and fractures of the ribs increases during inspiration. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are distinguished by such signs: defecation disorders, nausea and vomiting. Pain in acute cholecystitis is often localized in the right hypochondrium with radiation to the right shoulder and shoulder blade.
An attack of vegetovascular dystonia is characterized by a variety of symptoms: from dizziness to palpitations and loss of consciousness. Burning pain in the region of the heart is possible as a manifestation of a psychosomatic disorder.
Instrumental and laboratory examination plan:
- Measure temperature – high values all day indicate an infectious or acute inflammatory process (pneumonia, pleurisy).
- Blood pressure – an exfoliating aortic aneurysm occurs against the background of a hypertensive crisis (the level of indicators is 210/120 mm Hg).
- A complete blood count – an increase in ESR and white blood cells indicates inflammation.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) – to determine changes in heart rhythm with a heart attack. More often, tachycardia is recorded (increased heart rate), blockade of the legs of the bundle of His, atrial fibrillation.
- X-ray of the chest organs – performed to exclude the diagnosis of pneumonia, pleurisy, rib fracture, osteochondrosis and changes in heart size (with effusion pericarditis).
- Ultrasound examination of the heart and blood vessels (echocardiography – Echocardiography) – determines focal changes in the myocardium with heart attack, rheumatic defects and myocarditis.
- Fibrogastroduodenoscopy is an endoscopic method for diagnosing diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract. It is used to detect peptic ulcer of the stomach, pathologies of the esophagus.
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs – to exclude acute cholecystitis.
- Biochemical blood test – an increase in bilirubin indicates cholecystitis.
- Markers of myocardial necrosis (troponins I and T, KFK-MV) – are used to diagnose the acute stage of a heart attack.
If after all the tests no organic pathology is found, and the patient continues to complain that he is in pain, the doctors write on the card “vegetovascular dystonia”. How to act on a patient with such a “diagnosis”, see our video link below.
Treatment and prevention of repeated episodes of pain
A burning sensation in the chest is a common symptom, indicating various pathological conditions. Painful sensations can occur both on the left and right side of the sternum, and in the center.
The heart in the chest is located with a slight shift to the left. Therefore, painful sensations are noted in the middle of the sternum, and not on the left side, as the majority of those who do not know assume erroneously.
- Heart attack. The presence of this dangerous condition is indicated by an attack of angina pectoris, which does not pass for a long time and is not removed with the help of drugs. The main clinical symptom that indicates myocardial infarction is pain and burning in the heart. In this condition, urgent medical care is needed, you need to contact an ambulance or deliver the patient to the hospital yourself.
- Titz disease. Pathologies of the chest and cartilage joints are the cause of redness and swelling of the cartilage joints, which are located on the sternum. Burning and pain in the area of the heart occur during the movement of the chest during active physical work. Soreness lasts a long time, passes after the use of analgesics.
- Angina pectoris (angina pectoris). Painful sensations and burning in the chest – this may be the first symptom of the development of angina pectoris. Discomfort and squeezing in the sternum, as a rule, appear after excessive psychological or physical stress, this condition tends to progress and disappears if you calm down or complete physical work. Most often, the duration of the attack lasts no more than 15 minutes.
- Myocarditis. The cause of the development of the disease may be damage to the heart muscle, for example, after bacterial infection, due to an allergic reaction or autoimmune pathologies. If it burns and burns in the region of the heart, then this may indicate the appearance of this pathological condition.
- Aortic aneurysm. The disease is very life-threatening and not rarely fatal. During the appearance of this pathology, a burning sensation in the chest develops unexpectedly and instantly progresses without growth – pain is given to the limbs, back, and peritoneum. A pulse is not felt on the radial veins, and pain is not stopped even with the help of strong painkillers. All the symptoms of this disease are quite dangerous, therefore, if a person complains about this condition, an ECG is urgently required.
- Thromboembolism of the lungs. The cause of the development of the disease is thrombosis of the veins of the lower extremities. A blood clot comes off a blood artery and begins to migrate throughout the body. There is a great chance that this condition can provoke a blockage in the artery, which in turn will cause ischemia of the damaged tissue. The main symptoms, in addition to pain in the region of the heart, which intensifies during breathing, include cough with the release of blood sputum, shortness of breath. Thromboembolism requires urgent medical attention, this condition can be fatal.
- Shingles. During this skin disease of a viral nature, a rash appears, itching. Before a rash appears on the body, symptoms of neuralgia are noted. Most often, with this pathology, unilateral damage occurs. A slight burning sensation in the chest appears from other similar viral pathologies. Additionally, weakness, vomiting, headaches can be noted.
- Heart defects. During the abnormal structure of the aorta, an overloaded heart begins to contract faster, this is due to an increase in the oxygen demand of the heart muscle. At a certain time, due to active work, a malfunction begins, which is expressed by burning and pain in the sternum, which is pricking, pressure surges also occur, high fatigue, swelling of the legs, and general weakness appear.
- Cardioneurosis (neurosis of the heart). The cause of the development of this disease is constant mental stress and regular stress. Often, the development of pathology is indicated by painful burning sensations that occur in the right side of the chest, but other unpleasant symptoms may also appear. Soreness during a heart neurosis lasts quite a long time, it is not caused by physical stress, but is relieved by the use of sedative drugs.
- Pericarditis. The disease often has an etiology of infectious origin, since the pathology is caused by harmful bacteria. The inflammatory process of the heart membrane also causes a burning sensation in the chest, and a state of fever indicates the appearance of intoxication. Pericarditis differs from other heart diseases in that pain depends on the posture of the body. In this case, coughing and rapid breathing increases pain. The doctor listens to heart murmurs during auscultation.
- Rheumatism. This pathology affects the heart muscle and its membranes, so painful sensations and other symptoms are regarded as the initial stage of rheumatism complications.
Other burning causes can also provoke a burning sensation. The most common of these are:
- severe dry cough;
- excessive loads;
- bruise of the sternum;
- rib fracture;
- stomach ulcer;
- esophageal hernia;
- urolithiasis disease;
- inflammation in the esophagus;
- neuralgic diseases.
During heartburn, as a rule, there is a burning sensation and pain in the esophagus. The feeling of discomfort can last quite a long time, and accompanied by burping. You can get rid of this condition by drinking a glass of water with soda. If the discomfort in the form of a burning sensation in the esophagus appears regularly, then you need to contact a gastroenterologist.
Among other pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, the cause of burning is esophagitis reflux, an inflammatory process in the esophagus. The disease is expressed by the fact that gastric juice is ejected into the esophagus and begins to corrode its mucous membrane. Pain is noted below the sternum and lasts a long time.
Infectious diseases, which are accompanied by increased cough and fever, are the main cause of pain in the heart. Discomfort can be permanent or occur solely during coughing, be given in the middle of the sternum, or move in some direction. With pleurisy, painful symptoms in the form of burning are localized throughout the chest area.
In addition, infectious diseases also include unpleasant symptoms in this area. There may also be fever, discomfort during swallowing, dry cough, burning sensation.
The cause of pain in the region of the heart can be severe stresses and emotional disorders. Often patients note this condition, although physically their body is completely healthy. Moreover, the burning sensation is permanent and does not disappear when using some medications or changing the body posture.
Differential diagnosis consists not only in determining the clinical symptoms of the disease, but also in various methods of examination.
If there is a burning sensation and burns in the heart, then the patient is first sent to an ECG. This examination eliminates coronary syndrome. If the ECG determines the normal state, then the diagnosis is carried out in a different direction.
With symptoms of pain in the heart area, the patient also needs to consult a rheumatologist, gastroenterologist and endocrinologist, women during menopause need to be examined by a gynecologist. The following examinations are prescribed to the patient:
- ECHO cardiography;
- x-ray of the sternum;
- blood analysis.
Examination methods are selected taking into account the specific clinical symptoms of the patient. Therapy is aimed at getting rid of the cause that caused the burning sensation. The most commonly used symptomatic treatment. If the diagnosis of a heart attack is confirmed, then urgent hospitalization of a person will be required.
The choice of instrumental diagnostic methods will also depend on the manifestation of the severity of the disease. CT or MRI is done to accurately determine the disease, if after performing other diagnostic methods there are doubts.
Therapy is aimed not at getting rid of unpleasant symptoms, but at treating directly the cause of this condition. The treatment plan is developed by the doctor after the diagnosis:
- During myocarditis and rheumatic diseases, antiviral and antibacterial treatment is prescribed. In addition, antihistamines, immunosuppressive, anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed.
- Treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system is carried out under stationary conditions. Symptomatic therapy involves the use of Valocordin and Nitroglycerin.
- During pathologies of the digestive tract, antispasmodic and antacid medications are used. If burning appears after eating, then prescribed antiulcer drugs: Famotidine, Omez. These drugs can get rid of symptoms.
- To restore the normal functioning of the heart, cardiotrophic drugs are used: Phosphaden, Carnitine.
- During osteochondrosis, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used: Nimesulide, Meloxicam. For relief of painful sensations, muscle spasm is prescribed by muscle relaxants: Tolperisone, Midocalm.
- With pathologies of the respiratory system, antibacterial agents are used. To relieve unpleasant symptoms, inhalation treatment with saline is used.
If, in addition to pain in the heart region, other symptoms of the disease appear that are not associated with the cardiovascular system, then use the following:
- During osteochondrosis, diet is required, physiotherapy is prescribed and medications are used. Also, the patient is advised to choose a specific posture in which pain is not so pronounced.
- With heartburn, proper nutrition and medication are recommended. During an increased level of acidity in the digestive tract, drugs are prescribed that neutralize hydrochloric acid. But a hernia of the esophagus can only be removed surgically.
- During VVD, sedatives are prescribed to the patient.
- For women with menopause, estrogen-based medications are used.
Burning in the heart – a sign of heart disease
- heart pains are not associated with body position, time of day, breathing;
- palpation of the heart does not increase pain;
- Nitroglycerin test is always positive, while analgesics do not work.
These are fairly reliable criteria, but remember that there are exceptions to any rule. A reliable diagnosis is possible only with a full clinical and laboratory examination.
A sharp pain in the heart always causes panic in patients. It’s hard for a person to take a full breath, fear of death appears. It is necessary to exclude all fears, since such a condition does not always pose a threat to life if the pain is temporary.
Usually, a number of sedatives are prescribed to help get rid of discomfort. But a prolonged burning sensation in the heart is a dangerous symptom that requires immediate help.
Burning in the heart with angina pectoris (angina pectoris) appears in the left side of the chest after heavy physical, psycho-emotional stress.
If this is excluded, then often the symptoms quickly disappear. Angina pectoris is not a separate disease. This is a syndrome that accompanies pathology of the cardiovascular system.
Inflammation of the heart membrane. It occurs against a background of rheumatism or as a result after a heart attack, diseases of internal organs, infectious pathologies. It proceeds in acute or chronic form. In addition to pain, shortness of breath, dry cough, malaise, and chills may appear.
A characteristic sign is increased pain when trying to take a deep breath, swallowing. The pain decreases when the patient changes body position. With timely treatment, the prognosis is positive.
Cardiac pathology that occurs against the background of emotional and physical stress. The patient complains of pain, burning in the chest, in the heart, occurring periodically. An attack can last from a few minutes to several hours. The frequency of symptoms is different. Sometimes it can appear several times during the day. Other patients complain of rare symptoms.
In addition to characteristic pain, other symptoms are present:
- panic condition;
- obsessive thoughts about terrible pathology;
- rapid breathing;
- dizziness or headaches;
- increased sweating;
- fatigue, drowsiness;
Such conditions appear after nervous breakdowns, overstrain. Symptoms are quickly eliminated after taking or administering sedatives. Hospitalization is indicated in rare cases.
The most common pathology provoked by an acute violation of the blood supply to the heart. This leads to the death of part of the affected heart muscles, against the background of which necrosis develops. Cardiac cell death occurs within 20 minutes. after the onset of the attack.
It is important to recognize the symptoms in a timely manner in order to eliminate serious consequences:
- Burning in the heart, turning into acute pain, which gives under the shoulder blade, to the left hand.
- There is a feeling of fear, discomfort.
- The attack is accompanied by chills or excessive sweating.
- Accepted nitroglycerin does not help relieve pain.
- Heart rate decreases or increases.
- The pressure rises.
Burning in the heart can cause a heart attack. To recognize it and to provide timely assistance, it is important to know all the symptoms.
The disease has the highest mortality rate. It is important to recognize him in time according to characteristic precursors in order to provide timely assistance to a person. The symptoms presented in the tables should be cause for concern. It is better to call an ambulance or contact the nearest medical institution.
|Sore throat||Appears in the heart, lungs, burning sensation, cold. Pain is given under the scapula, in the left arm, neck, back. The condition is accompanied by pallor of the skin, a cold sweat appears. The patient feels anxiety, nervous excitement.|
|Abdominal pain||Pain, burning in the chest appear simultaneously with nausea, persisting after attacks of vomiting. Simultaneously with this symptom, heartburn, unpleasant belching may appear, with pain on palpation of the chest, the pain intensifies.|
|Atypical pain||Pain that appears in places uncharacteristic of the heart. In the lower jaw, in the throat, fingers.|
|Asthmatic symptoms||Shortness of breath, lack of air.|
|Arrhythmic symptoms||Heart palpitations and heart rate.|
Pathology, more common in people of retirement age. Aorta is an artery extending from the heart and passing through the entire body. Aneurysm is an expansion of one of the sites. If the walls of the aorta are weak, this can lead to rupture and death. The risk increases if the size of the aneurysm is more than 5 centimeters.
In many patients, the disease can develop over several years, without manifesting characteristic symptoms. It depends on which part of the aorta is affected. Most often, a throbbing pain appears in those parts of the body where the aneurysm appeared.
The disease often occurs as a result of atherosclerosis in which the walls of the aorta are clogged with cholesterol plaques, fibrous tissue appears.
Doctors highlight several facts that provoke the disease:
- bad habits;
- unhealthy diet, eating foods high in cholesterol;
- age-related changes in the body;
- sedentary lifestyle;
At break emergency operation is necessary, otherwise fatal outcome is possible.
This pathology is not a disease, has no classification. It is considered a consequence of other diseases.
Therefore, the most diverse symptoms can occur:
- sense of anxiety;
- pressure jumps;
- sensations of a lump in the throat;
- constipation or diarrhea;
- discomfort, bloating in the abdomen;
Symptoms may occur individually or simultaneously. If the attending physician makes a diagnosis of VVD, this means that a more thorough diagnosis is required, which will reveal the true cause of the adverse condition.
Symptoms characteristic of diseases of the cardiovascular system appear with changes in the central and peripheral nervous system. Often this is diagnosed as intercostal neuralgia. There is an acute pain in the region of the heart. On palpation, the pain syndrome increases, muscle twitching or numbness is noticeable.
The cause of the pain that appears in the chest, gives to the shoulder blade, can be:
- large physical exertion;
- intoxication after taking certain drugs;
- toxic, infectious infections (botulism).
Damage to nerve fibers can occur against the background of various tumors. The disease also appears after spinal injuries. In this case, the syndrome worsens when coughing, during a sharp change in body position.
The most dangerous disease is. A heart attack is just characterized by the appearance of a burning sensation in the chest area, and this symptom is notable for its intensity. Such pain is not relieved by taking heart medications (nitroglycerin, validol), it can be given to the arm, jaw, leg, scapula and other organs. The attack is accompanied by the appearance of cold sweat, chills, shortness of breath, pallor of the skin. Also, the patient may suddenly lose consciousness.
Burning in the heart and radiating pains to other organs are also observed with. This condition is usually caused by physical exertion, excitement, feelings, and at rest they usually pass. The patient needs to calm down, take a comfortable body position, facilitate access to fresh air and take a nitroglycerin tablet.
It is also accompanied by burning in the heart. But while taking angina pectoris helps with angina pectoris, in this case they are powerless. Burning during VVD can be both light and strong. Unpleasant sensations arise after excitement, due to fear, the release of a large portion of adrenaline into the blood. With an attack of vegetative-vascular dystonia, you need to calm down, take sedatives and put mustard plasters.
When answering the question of which doctor should be consulted if there was a burning sensation in the chest, then one should pay attention to the reasons that preceded this symptom. If a burning sensation appeared after excitement, stress, overwork and they were eliminated by heart or sedative drugs, then most likely we are talking about heart diseases. Cardiologist can help determine the cause.
or therapist. With a heart attack, immediate hospitalization is required.
In addition to burning, there are other symptoms of heart disease. These are pain sensations that occur in different parts of the body:
- in the shoulders;
- in hand;
- under the shoulder blade;
- in the lower half of the skull;
- in the stomach;
- in a stomach;
- on the neck.
The nature of the pain is different: from acute and burning to aching, pulling and piercing. Burning can be long or short-term – it depends on the disease, which manifests itself in this way. It can occur at very different times: with shortness of breath, when breathing is lost, with sudden movements, a change in body position, during physical exertion or during meals.
It is also necessary to call an ambulance or consult a specialist if, after painful sensations, loss of consciousness, persistent cough, and pains radiating to the back and upper parts of the body are observed. Medical assistance is required if it is impossible to calm the pain with drugs or there is severe cardiac arrhythmia, breathing problems occur, gastric disorders (nausea, vomiting), sticky sweat. A very dangerous symptom is a cough with bloody clots and numbness in the arms and legs.
There are many reasons why a heart burns. Most of them are associated with chronic pathologies requiring complex and long-term treatment.
However, among other sources of intense pain – pathologies that directly threaten a person’s life. Therefore, at the first symptoms, which are accompanied by disorders of the nervous system (hands or feet begin to go numb), expressed by respiratory failure (shortness of breath, debilitating cough), consult a doctor for qualified help.
What you can do on your own to relieve symptoms
Burning in the heart appears not only with cardiovascular disease. Such unpleasant symptoms are accompanied by diseases of the spine, pathology of the endocrine system, nervous disorders, gastrointestinal problems.
The situation makes you turn to a cardiologist for help. After a preliminary examination, the patient is recommended to visit an endocrinologist, general practitioner or neurologist. The most dangerous disease, accompanied by similar symptoms, is a heart attack. But in the chest are respiratory organs, blood vessels, nerve bundles.
Pain syndromes, burning accompany other pathologies:
- angina pectoris;
- aortic aneurysm;
- dystonia of the vegetative system;
- pathology of the nervous system or musculoskeletal system;
- failure in the hormonal system;
- diseases of the digestive tract.
Similar symptoms appear in women during PMS, in people after severe emotional, physical exertion. The profiling doctor will be able to identify the cause, prescribe the appropriate treatment after a thorough diagnostic examination.
First aid in a patient with suspected heart attack:
- put to bed and ensure complete rest;
- give a capsule of nitroglycerin under the tongue, it is better not to give a second tablet;
- measure the pressure and if it is low, then nitroglycerin is contraindicated;
- if a person is not allergic to aspirin, you can offer him one tablet;
- Valocordin is useless for a heart attack, but it will help calm the nervous system.
The most important thing in this situation is the quick arrival of an ambulance and the hospitalization of the patient.
The disease manifests itself in the form of seizures. Burning pain can “give” to the left shoulder, arm, neck or jaw. Nausea and heartburn may also occur.
Typically, an attack of angina pectoris occurs against a background of intense physical exertion, severe stress, after overeating, hypothermia or overheating. But sometimes burning can occur spontaneously.
Angina pectoris is not an independent disease, but a clinical syndrome, which speaks of violations of the cardiovascular system.
Most often, attacks occur due to atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries.
Click on the photo to enlarge
If symptoms occur, you should immediately consult a cardiologist to determine the cause of angina pectoris, since the diseases that cause it can provoke myocardial infarction.
Necrosis of the heart muscle is also accompanied by burning.
In case of a heart attack, discomfort in the chest lasts longer than 15 minutes. Sweating and weakness are also noted. Perhaps a rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, a feeling of lack of air.
Body temperature can rise to 39 degrees. Sometimes a speech disorder is observed, it becomes slurred, there is a strong weakness, dizziness, inexplicable anxiety or panic fear, sometimes loss of consciousness. But these symptoms are not always present.
The only right decision to save such a patient is to immediately call an emergency.
Unpleasant sensations can be supplemented by other signs of a short or long nature, depending on the affected area. These include:
- shortness of breath when it becomes difficult to breathe;
- acute pain;
- increased body temperature;
- squeezing the sternum;
- stressful states;
- severe arrhythmia;
- numbness of limbs;
- dull pains.
In addition, with some pathologies, a person often loses consciousness.
The first thing to remember in case of discomfort in the chest: in no case should you take any medications yourself. The exception is already diagnosed diseases. Only then a correctly selected drug will have a positive effect when removing pain.
- So, with heart diseases, you can take a sedative (Corvalol, Valocordin). If stenocardia is diagnosed, Nitroglycerin will help.
- As a result of hormonal imbalance, Novocaine or motherwort/valerian tincture is taken.
- Anesthetics – Paracetamol, Analgin and others – help relieve symptom in spinal pathologies.
- To neutralize hydrochloric acid in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, Almagel or Gaviscon is taken.
In the event that the burning does not stop even after the medication, you need to call an ambulance.
Burning in the heart: causes, what diseases can cause it and with what means to treat?
- blood pressure differences;
- rapid or rare palpitations;
- intolerance to stuffy rooms;
Also, a burning pain in the heart can provoke neurosis against prolonged stress.
One of the most common back problems is. Burning in the heart, itching and other discomfort caused by the infringement of the nerve roots. signs of angina pectoris and osteochondrosis are very similar to each other. But the difference lies in the fact that osteochondrosis is not associated with physical exertion and after they stop the chest pain, burning sensation in the heart area do not go away. Painful sensations vary depending on the position of the body, the patient can choose the position in which the painful sensations are minimized.
If burning in the heart is caused by osteochondrosis, you need to see a therapist
or (and) a neurologist.
Although this is not always the case with the heart, it can sometimes be caused by problems of the spine or gastrointestinal tract. There are cases when it burns on the left side in the region of the heart in a completely healthy person who is overworked or has undergone excessive emotional stress.
Therefore, the doctor must first understand why it burns in the heart, and only then reflect on how to deal with this problem.
As already mentioned, the causes of burning in the region of the heart can be different, however, about a third of them are due to cardiovascular diseases.
When a person is tormented by a burning pain in the heart, then he immediately flickers the thought that this is a myocardial infarction. There is reason for this, since such sensations are one of the typical symptoms of this dangerous ailment, in which, due to ischemia, a certain part of the heart muscle undergoes necrosis.
However, such pain is not relieved by nitroglycerin.
Heart pain with a heart attack can give off to the left arm, neck, in addition, profuse sweating, blanching and cyanosis of the skin begins, and fainting can occur. A person has a burning sensation in the heart and is difficult to breathe, limbs and lower jaw can go numb, dizziness and chills occur. This condition requires emergency hospitalization.
For angina pectoris, this burning sensation in the heart is also a typical symptom. A stressful situation or excessive physical exertion can lead to an attack of angina pectoris. But in this case, you need to take such burning pills in the heart as nitroglycerin – it will be the most effective, quickly improving the condition.
Even if there was no improvement after the first administration of the nitrodrug, in a few minutes it can be taken again (but no more), simultaneously calling an ambulance.
This condition can be regarded as pre-infarction. Burning on the left in the region of the heart in this case is felt behind the sternum, and the pain can be given to the left shoulder blade, neck or arm. If a person continues to show physical activity, then the discomfort will intensify. Because of the pain, a person seeks to occupy the most comfortable position in which the pain would be felt weaker.
In such a very dangerous condition, which is acute heart failure, there is a burning sensation in the chest in the region of the heart, as well as compression in the chest, cardiac asthma and cyanosis. In extreme cases, this condition can lead to cardiac arrest and death, and even the help of doctors in many cases is ineffectual.
Pericarditis often has an infectious cause, as it is caused by pathological bacteria and viruses.
Inflammation of the pericardium – the outer lining of the heart can also cause a slight burning sensation in the region of the heart, and intoxication and fever indicate the presence of intoxication.
Pericarditis differs from other heart diseases in that the pain from it depends on the position of the body, breathing, cough intensifies this pain. Auscultation doctor detects noise.
This condition also directly threatens life and gives a very high mortality rate. With an aneurysm, a burning sensation in the heart begins suddenly and immediately becomes intense, without a period of growth – the pain spreads to the sternum, back, arms. In this case, there is no pulse on the radial arteries, and the pain is not relieved even with painkillers.
These are the main problems with the heart, burning symptoms in which the patient is clearly felt. All of them are very dangerous, therefore, if the patient complains of a burning sensation in the chest, he needs to immediately do an ECG.
When it burns in the area of the heart, it is also caused by a stomach disease. For example, if gastric juice is thrown into the lower esophagus, a person feels it just like a burning sensation in the chest.
With spasm of the diaphragm and a hernia at the opening of the esophagus, similar discomfort can also be felt. A person with a hernia of the food section of the diaphragm feels an increase in pain during bending. Eating spicy food or physical activity can also lead to heartburn – a burning effect that can be supplemented by nausea and vomiting.
When a patient complains that he is stabbing and burning in the heart, this may be neuralgia, which is also accompanied by acute pain during palpation of the ribs and stiffness of movements.
Violation of the hormonal background can lead to painful sensations near the heart in women. During menopause, there is a significant restructuring of the body, as a result of which various failures occur. During the “tide” and there is a burning sensation in the chest. It is accompanied by excessive sweating and spreads to the whole body.
Similar symptoms caused by hormonal changes often appear at rest, and when you switch to physical activity, on the contrary, disappear. In the menopause, women are shown hormonal and sedative tablets.
A common spinal problem – osteochondrosis can also cause a burning sensation in the chest in the heart. Discomfort here is caused by compression of the nerve endings with the cartilaginous tissue of the spine, which has grown as a result of a degenerative process.
With osteochondrosis, pain in the thoracic region leads to stiffness of movements, pain in the arms and ribs, often resembles an angina attack, but in this case it worsens when the body turns and the load. Similar sensations similar to angina pectoris can also be experienced with displacement of the intervertebral discs.
But unlike real angina pectoris, pain caused by physical activity does not stop when it is removed.
In this viral disease, the skin is affected, on which rashes form, and a person feels severe itching and burning.
Even before the appearance of rashes on the trunk, back, chest along the nerve trunks, there is a burning sensation, showing, itching – symptoms of neuralgia. When a rash appears, it becomes very simple to determine the type of disease.
A slight burning sensation in the heart area may appear from other viral diseases. In this case, weakness, nausea, high fever are added to the burning sensation.
When listing what else diseases in the area of the heart a burning sensation can cause, one should not forget about intercostal neuralgia. Young inexperienced doctors often confuse her with cardiological ailments, since they actually have similar symptoms, although there are differences.
With intercostal neuralgia, the nerve roots in the intercostal space or along the spine are infringed or inflamed, the pain radiates and burns in the heart. The reasons for this may be trauma, osteochondrosis, hypothermia, previous infection, physical strain.
How to distinguish neuralgic pain from heart pain? With intercostal neuralgia, the following is observed:
- With deep breaths, sneezing, coughing, tilting and turning the body, the burning sensation intensifies.
- If you begin to palpate the intercostal spaces and the sternum in places that the patient indicates as pain points, then he will probably cry out in pain, since palpation has a tactile effect directly on the inflamed nerve.
- Even if the first two points indicate neuralgia, the patient still needs to remove the electrocardiogram in order to rule out cardiac pathology. If the ECG turns out to be normal, then cardiological problems can be safely eliminated and the causes of pain considered neuralgic.
Burning in the heart can be triggered by hyperthyroidism. This is an increased production of thyroid-stimulating hormone by the thyroid gland.
In addition to burning pain, also appear:
- Frequent heartbeat.
- Increased upper pressure and lower lower.
- Stomach ache.
- Disorders of the menstrual cycle in women and a decrease in potency in men are possible.
Also, burning in the chest can be caused by hormonal imbalance during menopause.
Pain is a signal from the body about a problem. There are many diseases of the endocrine system, accompanied by chest pain. They are not limited to thyroid disease.
The work of the whole organism depends on the state of the endocrine system. Often, diseases are accompanied by palpitations, fatigue and chest pain that resembles heart pain.
Hormonal failure can occur in both the female and male body. The situation is dangerous because it entails not only a deterioration in well-being, but also disruptions in the work of many systems and organs. The human body is subject to many changes throughout life, which leads to disruption of the hormonal system.
Diagnosing the situation is complicated by the fact that the symptoms can resemble heart diseases:
- chest pain;
- pressure jumps;
The situation is dangerous because in the absence of proper treatment it can provoke the appearance of hormonal tachycardia.
Myocardial function directly depends on the production of certain hormones.
- Adrenaline, produced by the adrenal glands, helps to strengthen and normalize the activity of the heart.
- Hormones containing iodine are produced by the thyroid gland and have a strengthening effect on the heart muscle.
- The pancreatic hormone glucagon is produced, which is responsible for the number of heart contractions.
Any violations in the hormonal system entail pathological changes in the myocardium. There is a rapid heartbeat, burning and pain in the heart, lack of air.
Disease caused by varicella-zoster virus. The same virus provokes chickenpox, which is familiar to many from childhood memories. But not everyone knows that after the chickenpox, the virus can remain in the body. When provoking factors appear, the virus can activate, after which shingles appear.
The disease is easy to treat, after which the body develops stable immunity. A characteristic symptom of pathology is burning and severe pain in the affected area. They worsen at night and people can confuse this with cardiovascular disease.
Diagnosis and differential diagnosis
A cardiologist will help to deal with heart diseases. This is the specialist who will prescribe the necessary examinations, diagnose and prescribe treatment for existing or incipient diseases.
For the diagnosis, various examination methods are used. The first is an electrocardiogram, which will help determine the presence of damage in the heart muscle. This examination can be done with additional physical activity, which will help establish the degree of deterioration of the heart due to the fixation of blood pressure and heart rate.
To register the work of the heart around the clock, the installation of a Holter monitor is used, which measures the work of the heart under certain loads. To analyze the quantity and quality of heart murmurs and cardiac sounds, phonocardiography is performed, and echocardiography will help to see the work of the heart on the ultrasound monitor screen.
As additional methods, magnetic resonance imaging is used, with which you can determine the presence of an intervertebral hernia, also causing burning in the chest, FGDS, examining the condition of the gastrointestinal tract for peptic ulcer or gastritis, and electron beam tomography, which establishes the presence of calcifications of the most small in the heart vessels, this method allows you to identify the disease until the first symptoms appear.
Before these examinations, the patient must first pass clinical tests to determine which type of diagnosis should be performed. Modern research methods help determine the presence of the disease at the earliest stages of its development and prevent serious complications.
In any situations where a person experiences even slight discomfort in the heart, it is recommended to contact a specialist who will prescribe the necessary examinations.
Diagnosis should be carried out regardless of the severity of clinical symptoms, since a sign such as a burning sensation in the chest on the left side can indicate a rather serious disease, for example, myocardial infarction.
The list of activities is as follows:
- collection of complaints, physical examination;
- tonometry, pulsometry;
- OAC, OAM, biochemistry, hormone testing;
- ECG, Echocardiography, Holter;
- X-ray: panoramic picture of the chest, CT, MSCT;
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland, abdominal organs;
With characteristic symptoms, the doctor conducts a differential diagnosis, which eliminates diseases that are similar in signs. In order for the diagnosis to be made accurately, the doctor must have a high professional level.
A similar diagnosis is carried out in several stages:
- Symptoms corresponding to the alleged disease are determined.
- The exact characteristic of the identified symptom is determined.
- Differentiation. Using a special list to compare or exclude symptoms of the alleged disease.
- Analysis of the information received. If it is concluded that the symptoms do not match the intended diagnosis, the disease is excluded.
- Statement of the final diagnosis.
Diagnosis is based on the characteristic signs noted in the patient:
- pressure measurement;
- determination of obvious symptoms (shortness of breath, swelling, physical condition);
- confirmation that the signs are associated with impaired cardiac activity, and not with diseases of other organs;
- laboratory and instrumental examination;
How to diagnose is determined by the attending physician.
Treatment methods for different types of pathology
Throughout life, the spine is subject to great stress. To maintain its elasticity, flexibility is difficult, especially at an older age. Each disease is characterized by certain symptoms. Chest pain is one of the characteristic signs for pathologies associated mainly with the human trunk.
Intervertebral disc disease. The localization of pain depends on where the pathology occurred in the spine. The most common manifestation is back pain, which is given to the chest area. Especially often, such pain appears in the event that osteochondrosis appears in the chest or cervical region.
In addition to pain, symptoms appear that resemble cardiovascular diseases:
- loss of consciousness;
- a lump in the throat;
- shortness of breath;
Pathology occurs when squeezing nerve roots extending from the main channel of the spinal cord. This is always accompanied by severe pain. The place of appearance depends on in which part of the spine pinching occurred. Most often suffer from lumbar, thoracic, cervical. When pinching in the cervical spine, there is a sharp, shooting pain, extending to the shoulder blade, chest.
A distinctive characteristic of such pains is that they intensify during a night’s rest, during coughing, laughing, during sneezing, and with strong excitement.
Heart disease takes thousands of lives every year. They can lead to disability, deprive the opportunity to live a full life.
For the treatment of cardiac pathologies, doctors use three groups of medicines:
- blood thinners
- medicines for stopping heart attacks;
- complex preparations.
Appointment can not be done independently, so as not to aggravate the condition.
It is not always possible to completely get rid of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. But to minimize the number of seizures, get rid of chest pain is quite possible.
Usually this is a complex therapy prescribed by a doctor using the following drugs:
- nonsteroids (relieve inflammation);
- cartilage repairing chondroprotectors;
- muscle relaxants that reduce muscle tone;
- vitamin complexes;
- drugs that normalize metabolic processes.
Medicines are taken orally or administered intravenously, intramuscularly. For severe pain, novocaine blockade may be recommended. The names and dosage of drugs are determined by the attending physician.
A disease of the digestive tract is quite difficult to diagnose. Drug treatment can only be prescribed by your doctor. The patient independently normalizes lifestyle and nutrition. It is important to exclude bad habits, the use of fatty, fried, spicy dishes. To diversify the menu with products rich in vitamins, proteins, fiber.
Of the drugs can be prescribed:
- enzyme preparations;
- astringent preparations;
In the treatment of such pathologies, it is necessary to take drugs prescribed by the attending physician. It is important to regularly use iodine supplements. Positive results are given by hormone therapy.
Hormone therapy can only be carried out on the recommendation and under the supervision of a physician. Pathologies of this nature often occur against the background of malignant neoplasms. Then, surgery is indispensable.
Traditional medical methods do not exclude the use of traditional medicine, as well as:
- the use of vitamin complexes;
Treatment of vegetovascular dystonia provides an integrated approach to the problem, helping to influence the activity of the whole organism. If a pathology is suspected, it is recommended to consult a cardiologist, endocrinologist, psychotherapist and neurologist. If you follow all these recommendations and fulfill the assignment, then the forecast is favorable.
It is important to identify and eliminate the cause of the pathology, to restore a positive balance between the nervous and autonomic systems.
Drug therapy is prescribed by the attending physician, the patient can independently take a number of preventive measures:
- exclude alcohol;
- quit smoking;
- do not abuse strong tea, coffee;
- normalize the mode of rest, night sleep for at least 8 hours;
- learn to control your own emotions in stressful situations;
- provide a balanced intake of potassium and magnesium products.
Many experts recommend Tonginal, which helps to normalize the activity of the vegetative system.
Burning in the heart can be triggered by a pinched nerve during displacement of the intervertebral discs.
Also, burning pain in the chest is characteristic of osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine. At the same time, there is also pain in the spine, a feeling of stiffness. Pain increases with raising hands and a sharp breath.
The treatment of osteochondrosis is complex, including taking medication, physiotherapy, therapeutic exercises.