Ultrasound of the child’s heart assesses the placement of the organ, the size of the chambers, the presence of defects in the partitions, as well as the frequency and rhythm of heart rate. Normally, the heart should have four chambers – the right and left atria and ventricle, connected to the main vessels. The left and right half should not be interconnected, this is considered a defect. The heart rate is 120–126 beats/min.
The heart muscle on ultrasound is white, because it has dense tissue. The heart chambers are stained dark because they are hollow and have a low density. In the duplex mode, the blood flow is visible, which is colored blue or red, it is used to judge whether there are pathological connections of the left and right sections, heart defects. If additional formations are distinguished by light or dark color under ultrasound, a tumor or cyst can be suspected.
Pathologies that an ultrasound of the cardiovascular system reveals:
- fetal hypoxia (lack of oxygen), evidenced by the increase or decrease in heart rate;
- heart defects – a connection between the left and right parts, fusion or underdevelopment of the valves, pulmonary artery hypoplasia;
- rhabdomyoma – a benign tumor of the heart muscle and other abnormalities.
Ultrasound of the fetal heart is a safe and informative method that allows the gynecologist to properly conduct pregnancy, to prevent mistakes in choosing a delivery.
During the study, the doctor determines the following indicators and their compliance with accepted standards:
- anatomical location of the heart (right/wrong);
- organ size (should be equal to 1/3 of the cross section);
- the angle of the axis of the heart with respect to the midline of the chest (ideally 45 degrees);
- heart chambers (relatively equal in size);
- the purity of the sound of the fetal heartbeat (without pronounced acoustic phenomena in the form of a squeak, whistle, etc.).
- interventricular and atrial septa (without deformities);
- organ tissue (without pathological changes);
- rhythm of heart work (clear, without interruptions).
Heart rate is determined by the table, according to the perinatal period.
In parentheses are the permissible deviations of the fetal heart rate
The most commonly diagnosed abnormalities and pathologies that show ultrasound of the heart of the unborn baby include:
A stable heartbeat with a frequency of 140-160 beats/min is observed from the 14th week
The tactics of treating diagnosed diseases are determined by the doctor. A woman may be referred for consultation with other medical specialists. Ultrasound of the fetal heart is one of the most important examinations in the perinatal period. Timely and competently performed diagnostics help to avoid complications in the baby in the future, and possibly save his life.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.