Rehabilitation after chemotherapy is a very important component of the general period of treatment of tumor-like processes in the body. When treating with the help of such a procedure, a huge negative effect is exerted on the entire body as a whole.
Especially if such treatment was long-term. Therefore, it is very important to know the methods of recovery from radiation therapy.
Effects of chemotherapy on the liver
Malignant cells are formed from healthy cells, so they are not foreign to the human body. Their difference is the excessively rapid reproduction and destructive effect on the organ, its gradual destruction.
The main task of the chemicals used during chemotherapy is to negatively affect the cell membrane and prevent its further division. The more often the treatment is carried out, the more the drugs affect the cells.
But with such therapy, there is a negative effect not only on pathologically modified cells, but also on healthy ones. That is why all organs and systems suffer after such an effect on the body.
The most common side effects are:
- patchy or complete alopecia. A few weeks after starting therapy, intense hair loss begins throughout the body,
- fragility of the nail plates, deterioration of the skin condition,
- deterioration of the quality of the processes of reproduction and storage of information,
- disorders in the digestive system,
- frequent bouts of vomiting,
- lack of libido or a significant decrease in it,
- frequent bleeding, since the quality of blood clotting is impaired,
- persistent depression.
The effect on the liver is also negative. Chronic illnesses (eg, hepatitis) may worsen. This is accompanied by corresponding symptoms. Also, the organ becomes overly vulnerable to the influence of negative exogenous or endogenous factors.
Can the liver hurt after treatment? Negative processes in the organ are always accompanied by intensely pronounced symptoms, including painful sensations. Therefore, for the body’s natural filter to function normally, liver recovery after chemotherapy is very important.
The liver needs to be cleaned after chemotherapy. It is necessary to help the body quickly recover from chemotherapy. Cleansing the liver helps return it to normal functioning. Protecting her cells during chemotherapy and maintaining normal functioning is a very important part of the organ’s treatment.
It is possible to cleanse and restore hepatocytes with the help of medicines, folk methods and proper nutrition.
It is important to remember that all medicines and folk remedies should be prescribed only by the attending doctor. No methods on their own should be used.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Preparations for the restoration of liver cells should be used after prior consultation with a doctor.
The most popular liver pills:
- Essentiale hepatoprotector. The medicine contains essential phospholipids. These substances are involved in the processes of division and restoration of hepatocytes. With a deficiency of phospholipids in the body, the metabolism of lipid structures is disrupted, liver cells suffer greatly from this. With the help of Essentiale, active regeneration of hepatocyte membranes occurs, due to this, the function of the organ is improved.
- Carsil. It is a herbal medicine, it contains the active substance silibinin. This substance prevents the penetration of toxins into hepatocytes, with its help, metabolism in cells is stimulated, and their destruction stops.
- Flor Essens preparation contains medicinal plants. With its help, toxic substances and toxins are removed from the organ, appetite is improved, not only liver treatment is carried out, but general restoration of the whole organism.
- Milk thistle. Protects the organ from the negative effects of toxic substances, helps to recover from chemotherapy. It also helps prevent the development of various liver diseases.
Rehabilitation after chemotherapy at home is carried out with medicines and folk remedies. The most popular folk remedy after radiation therapy, which is successfully used at home, is an infusion made from oats.
There are practically no contraindications for use, and recovery is quick. To prepare the broth, you should take a glass of dry raw materials, pour it with boiling water, let it infuse for several hours, after which it is ready for use.
Herbs are also effective: nettle, alder cones, burdock root, Rhodiola rosea, dandelion leaves, chamomile. All these plants are used for the preparation of decoctions, infusions. You can use them only after the prior permission of the doctor.
Liver recovery products after chemotherapy are an important condition. With proper nutrition, you can achieve quick results.
It is recommended to exclude fried, spicy, fatty foods from the diet. Onions, beans and peas should be completely excluded from the menu.
Include lean meat, boiled fish, cheeses, dairy products with a low-fat percentage in the diet. It is also recommended to add fresh vegetables and fruits to the menu.
There is a ban on coffee, strong tea. Meals should be fractional – in small portions, but often. So food will be digested faster, there will be less stress on the organs of the digestive system.
How long does it take to recover
Recovery in each case takes place individually. It all depends on how long chemotherapy was carried out, what stage of cancer was previously diagnosed. Also, the period of liver regeneration is influenced by how correctly the patient complies with all medical prescriptions.
The neglect of the disease, the presence or absence of metastases – these factors also directly affect how quickly hepatocytes will recover after the irradiation procedure. It is also important whether there were previously chronic diseases, how timely their treatment was carried out.