Since mortality from cardiovascular diseases, despite all the achievements of modern medicine, remains very high, scientists do not stop developing innovations to solve this problem. Angina pectoris is the focus of medical pharmacology, as it is considered one of the main causes of sudden cardiac arrest. A timely visit to a doctor, selection of adequate drug therapy is the key to longevity of patients with angina pectoris.
There are several basic regimens for treating this form of coronary artery disease with drugs, but they all obey the general principles of treatment of the disease:
- constant monitoring of myocardial ischemia attacks;
- prevention of disease progression;
- prevention of negative consequences;
- selection of the necessary treatment methods for regression of angina pectoris of any form.
For this, pharmacologists synthesize new drugs that are effective in angina pectoris. Practitioners on their basis create integrated treatment regimens for all forms of coronary heart disease.
Preparations for angina are prescribed by the attending physician, taking into account the severity of the pathology, individual characteristics of a person, are correlated with his age, gender. There are several main groups of drugs involved in the treatment of this symptom of IHD:
- Antianginal drugs, the purpose of which is the relief of myocardial ischemia, the removal of pain, the relief of hypoxia, the restoration of normal blood flow in the coronaries:
- Nitrates (Nitroglycerin) – symptomatic drugs that prevent an attack of angina pectoris under the influence of provoking factors for the development of ischemia or stop already arising due to the expansion of the lumen of the vessels. They are addictive with excessive use, require a break in admission;
- Calcium antagonists (Verapamil) – block the flow of calcium into the myocardial cells, reducing its activity, normalize heart rate, reduce blood pressure, stop the spasm of the coronary arteries, normalize the flow of blood to the heart;
- Beta-blockers (Bisoprolol) – reduce myocardial oxygen demand, causing normalization of blood pressure and heart rate, have a cumulative ability, which forces you to adjust the dose of the drug, have many s >
Drug treatment of angina pectoris with antianginal drugs implies the use of drugs to prevent cardiac ischemia, possible complications (AMI). The essence of the action is to eliminate the imbalance between the oxygen demand of the myocardium and its direct intake. There are general contraindications for taking antianginal drugs:
- stenosis of aortic valves or mitral valves;
- heart rate slowdown;
- impaired renal function, liver;
- ONMK, AMI, shock, collapse, cardiac tamponade, pulmonary edema – all acute conditions;
- inflammation of the membranes of the heart;
- brain injury with high intracranial pressure, cerebral ischemia;
The most famous representative of the category is Nitroglycerin.
To achieve success in terms of treatment, it is necessary to influence a number of causal factors that provoked heart pain. At the same time, it is impossible to solve the problem by taking one drug. For each patient, the optimal combination of means and treatment regimen are selected individually.
Group of drugs Functional action What problems does it solve Reflex means Reduce the intensity of severe pain. They are prescribed for vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD) and neuralgia. Beta blockers By blocking the corresponding receptors, adrenaline is prevented from entering the heart muscle. This allows you to stabilize the pulse and blood pressure. Used in the treatment of arrhythmia, hypertension and ischemic disease. They are an excellent option as a heart attack prevention. Peripheral vasodilators They have an effect on the smooth muscles of blood vessels, which contributes to their expansion. Along with this, a reduction in pain is achieved. The effect after taking such drugs is observed after 3-5 minutes. Suitable for the prevention of heart attack. They are used in the treatment of heart failure, coronary disease and angina pectoris. Calcium antagonists Slow down the process of calcium intake to cardiomyocytes, which line the cavity of the heart. With their influence, it is possible to expand blood vessels, normalize heart rate and blood pressure. Prescribed to hypertensive patients and patients who suffer from tachycardia and cardiac ischemia. Antiplatelet They prevent the formation of blood clots, minimize the development of atherosclerosis. This effect is achieved by improving blood flow. Recommended for use in heart failure, atherosclerosis, thrombosis. Statins, fibrates Reduce the amount of bad cholesterol in the body. They are additionally used for high cholesterol. Trace Elements Provide the heart muscle with the necessary substances. They are prescribed for preventive purposes to reduce the risk of developing cardiac ischemia.
The most commonly used medications for heart pain are Corvalol, Validol, and Nitroglycerin. They are the cheapest and most popular pill among the cores.
As for Corvalol, it was previously released as a solution. But due to the appearance of a tablet form, the popularity of drops has sharply decreased. This is due to the ease of use of tablets.
This drug has a sedative effect. It helps to quickly relieve aching pain in the area of the heart caused by stress. A similar effect is achieved due to the sedative property of Corvalol. It also has an antispasmodic effect. Pills can slightly expand the vessels and increase blood flow in the myocardium. But in the presence of true angina pectoris, they are ineffective.
Almost all the cores in the home medicine cabinet have Validol. Its price is not high, so it is available to a wide range of consumers. It is characterized by sedative and vasodilating properties, helps to improve blood flow in the myocardium with mild heart failure. Thanks to it, a soothing effect is achieved.
One of the inexpensive heart medications is Nitroglycerin. He is able to relieve spasm of blood vessels, accompanied by convulsions. Its analgesic effect is not ignored, which ensures the rapid elimination of pain in the heart.
This drug has proven itself in the treatment of angina pectoris, which is characterized by manifestations of paroxysmal pain on the left side of the chest. It is also successfully used in the complex treatment of the consequences of a heart attack.
In medical practice, for the treatment of cardiological diseases, the Cardicet, Concor, Cormentol, and Curriab preparations are also especially popular. Now, having familiarized yourself with the names of pills for heart pain, you need to know the features of their use.
What to take for heart pain
The vessels and heart form a single system with a complex mechanism of action and interconnection with all organs. The medicine for heart pain is selected individually. Indications for its use are:
- myocardial infarction (death of a part of the heart muscle);
- inflammatory processes in the heart – pericarditis, endocarditis, myocarditis;
- hypertrophic changes in different layers and parts of the heart;
- vegetovascular (neurocirculatory) dystonia, panic attacks;
- metabolic failure in the heart caused by malnutrition, protein deficiency, trace elements, vitamins, endocrine diseases, alcoholism.
Depending on the causes of the pain in the heart, drugs are prescribed. More often these are pills. The main groups of drugs are:
- Nitrates – used to prevent exacerbation of angina pectoris, recovery from a heart attack. They are contraindicated in severe hypotension, acute heart attack, tamponade, anemia, collapse, shock.
- Vasodilators – are used for any form of heart failure in order to inhibit its progress. Contraindicated in angioedema and up to 18 years.
- Coronarodilators are used to treat neurosis, mental attacks, dystonia, cardialgia. Contraindicated in acute cerebrovascular acc >
Antianginal effect, relaxes smooth muscles, affects veins, reduces pre- and afterload
Antianginal, hypotensive effect, dilates the venous vessels, increases the capillary duct
Antianginal effect, reduces preload and afterload
Ischemia, angina pectoris, hypotension
Angina pectoris, pulmonary hypertension, recovery after a heart attack
Prevention of angina attacks with ischemia
Collapse, myocardial infarction, bradycardia, pulmonary edema, angle-closure glaucoma
Acute heart attack, shock, vascular collapse, hypotension
Cardiac tamponade, shock, collapse, hypotension, hypovolemia, age 18 years, lactation
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.