As already mentioned, chest discomfort can have different reasons. Heart disease is determined by some characteristic signs. You should know that the “core” often does not experience any unpleasant sensations. At the same time, a person with other pathologies may complain that it is difficult for him to breathe, his heart hurts. However, these symptoms will have nothing to do with cardiac diseases.
1. Compressive, pressing pains behind the sternum, extending to the back, arm, neck, jaw, especially to the left side. Accompanied by shortness of breath, sweating, nausea.
2. Pain arises after exercise, physical or psychological, disappears during rest and after taking nitroglycerin.
3. Shortness of breath occurs during exertion, even during everyday not too hard work, while eating, while lying down. On the eve of an attack, a person can sleep while sitting or suffer from insomnia.
4. Increased fatigue from normal work can haunt a person several months before an attack.
5. Men may suffer from erectile dysfunction for several years before they are diagnosed with coronary heart disease.
6. Swelling – one of the characteristic signs of a malfunction of the heart. At first they are insignificant, but gradually become more noticeable, this is especially evident in the rings on the fingers and on the shoes. If edema appears, it is necessary to undergo examination by a cardiologist or therapist.
7. Nocturnal apnea, or respiratory arrest in sleep, and snoring can signal a predisposition to a heart attack.
We will understand how chest pains in the heart appear in women, the symptoms and causes of such conditions, especially the signs of cardiac and extracardiac pathologies.
Chest discomfort is not always due to heart pathology, but heart pains have their own characteristics, which make it possible to distinguish them from all others. It:
- the pressing, dull burning sensation behind the sternum (more than 90%), the stitching sensations are already a reason for doubt in their cardiac origin;
- severe discomfort is rare, only in acute conditions, heart attack;
- as a rule, the sensations are long, painful, but not too intense;
- always stop with Nitroglycerin;
- not associated with a change in body position;
- indifferent to palpation of the sternum or back;
- do not depend on the depth of breathing.
These signs are taken into account by doctors at the first examination, but there is an exception to any rule, therefore, they should not be considered as truth in the last resort.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
- Main symptoms
- What are the causes of left chest pain in men
- What can be done?
- Diagnosis depending on the conditions of the onset of pain and related symptoms
- Inflammatory heart disease
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Pain in the center of the chest
- It’s a dull pain
- Pressing character
- Nagging pain
- What to do?
- Heart disease
A sick heart of a woman does not always remind herself of herself with various symptoms, signs, and unpleasant sensations. It can be silent for years or occasionally say that it is bad for him with a feeling of discomfort behind the sternum. But if a woman observes the following symptoms:
- burning or feeling of heaviness in the chest after physical exertion or nervous strain;
- spontaneous shortness of breath while walking;
- chronic fatigue;
- numbness of limbs;
- decreased libido;
- sleep apnea, snoring;
- pastiness is an occasion to visit a doctor.
It is necessary to understand the cause of the sensations in order to make a diagnosis in time and begin adequate therapy.
Signs of heart disease do not have a clear connection with the localization of discomfort. But a few typical features exist:
- extracardiac causes manifest at a specific point, cardiac – spilled across the chest, can radiate;
- burning in the stomach can have two reasons: gastritis or myocardial infarction, the underlying symptoms in this case are concomitant symptoms;
- localization of pain in the left side of the chest most often indicates cardiac pathology.
At the same time, they distinguish:
- localization typical of women, it is also called the sternum (central) or left-sided. Stitching sensations in this case indicate extracardiac causes, but when the front surface of the chest is sensitive at the level of the mammary glands, and the pain is pressing, dull, this is the myocardium sends an SOS signal. It radiates to the left shoulder, arm, left side of the neck, shoulder joint;
- atypical localization, which is considered the location of discomfort in the right half of the chest, epigastric region, throat. Sometimes, with the right-sided arrangement of the organ (dextrocardia), everything is mirrored.
It is especially important not to confuse the metastatic manifestations of breast cancer and other causes of chest pain of a different nature.
|Vascular||Inflammatory||Autoimmune and congenital|
|Myocardial infarction||Pericarditis||Mitral valve prolapse|
|Coronary heart disease, angina pectoris||Myocarditis||Heart defects|
|Pulmonary embolism (pulmonary embolism)||Arrhythmias|
Hypertension, not traumatic pneumothorax – can also give heart discomfort.
What are the causes of left chest pain in men
Finding out why breast pains in men, it is worth noting that constant and severe pain can be a sign of a wide range of diseases:
- Violation of the digestive tract, in particular, problems with the stomach.
- Diseases associated with the musculoskeletal system.
- Pathological conditions caused by a chest injury.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Neurosis, shingles.
- Pathology of the mammary glands.
Examination in a medical institution begins with the localization of pain, since the further diagnosis largely depends on where it hurts (in the center, right, left).
Severe or moderate pain in the left sternum in men causes the greatest concern, because they are able to indicate heart disease:
- Myocardial infarction – with pathology, a burning pain syndrome occurs, in which it seems that a stake was stuck in the heart. Sometimes a feeling of severe heaviness, contraction. The pains usually appear at night or in the morning and occur in waves – then slightly subside, then intensify, but do not pass completely.
- Angina pectoris – this disease is characterized by the appearance of burning pain during physical exertion. The pain is accompanied by bursting, heaviness, sometimes gives to the left hand, under the left shoulder blade or in the neck. The attack lasts from 1 to 15 minutes and often ends with the cessation of exercise.
In addition, chest pain on the left appears with muscle strain caused by exercise, coughing, as well as with intercostal neuralgia radiating to the region of the heart. Another possible reason is biliary dyskinesia. With spasms in the bile ducts and gall bladder, pain resembling angina pectoris occurs on the left side of the sternum.
Many people often attribute chest pain to heart problems, but this is far from always the case. Often, some diseases of the digestive and respiratory systems, musculoskeletal system, various injuries and disorders from neurology are manifested in a similar manner.
Heart pain is characterized by a wide variety of types, symptoms and causes of their origin. In the chest, it can crush, stab, burn, whine, and so on – any such sensation can be easily attributed to pain in the heart. Discomfort in the area of the heart can spontaneously arise and cease, its duration is quite uncertain – it all depends on the cause.
If you experience pain in the chest area, you should recall the recent state of health – the first signs of a malfunction of the cardiovascular system usually appear much earlier before the first heart attack. In time, paying attention to them and taking the necessary measures, you can prevent the serious development of most heart diseases.
Early signs include:
- Pain behind the ribs. Such pain can be given to the back, neck, arm, lower jaw. In most cases, the left side of the body is affected. These sensations are often accompanied by shortness of breath, nausea, excessive sweating.
- Discomfort after physical exertion, stressful situations. The discomfort in this case disappears after a good rest or taking nitroglycerin.
- Shortness of breath appears. With problems with the heart, even small physical exertion, food intake can cause it. Such severe fatigue from everyday activities can appear much earlier than more serious symptoms.
- Frequent respiratory arrest during sleep, loud snoring. Read more about heart pain at night here.
- Swelling. Initially, swelling is difficult to notice, but over time, they increase. It becomes more difficult for a person to shoe and remove rings.
To determine the exact cause of the pain, you need to undergo an examination that is prescribed by a cardiologist or cardiac surgeon. Mandatory for such problems will be an electrocardiogram (ECG), which can be performed both at rest and with additional physical exertion, sometimes ECG recordings can be carried out throughout the day to monitor the readings.
Heart murmurs are detected using phonocardiography. Echocardiography is used to study the condition of the valves, the muscles of the heart and the speed of blood movement in it, it is carried out by ultrasonic waves. Coronary arteries are examined by coronary angiography, and insufficient blood supply to the heart is detected by myocardial scintigraphy.
Non-cardiac pain is examined by x-ray, while often resorting to consultations with a neurologist and orthopedist. You may also need to visit other doctors, depending on the identified cause of heart pain.
Chest discomfort associated with heart disease can occur for a variety of reasons.
It is worth highlighting the main cardiological diseases and their characteristic symptoms:
- Heart disease . It is acquired and congenital. For a long time, it may not manifest itself in any way. Sometimes pain occurs in the heart, which are cutting, stitching or aching. The patient in this case often has high blood pressure.
- Myocardial infarction and myocardial infarction. A heart attack is characterized by a sharp pressing pain, which is given to the left side of the back and chest. Often accompanied by the emergence of a fear of death in a patient. Breathing quickens. Conventional remedies for heart pain will not help here, and movements can intensify pain. Read more about how to recognize a heart attack by heart pain, read here.
- Myocarditis. With it, a rather weak aching or stitching pain arises, radiating to the left shoulder or neck. Physical activity will increase such pain, nitroglycerin is useless.
- Cardiomyopathy Most people with this pathology have pain that changes with the development of the disease. At first the pain is prolonged, it does not depend on physical exertion, nitroglycerin is not effective with it. Then the pain syndrome begins to occur spontaneously or after physical effort, but here the administration of nitroglycerin already has an effect. The localization of pain is different, often the sensations spread over a large area.
- Exfoliating aortic aneurysm. She is characterized by a sharp, extremely strong pain in the chest area. The degree of pain can be so severe that it leads to loss of consciousness. Emergency medical attention required.
- Angina pectoris. With this pathology, dull pain is observed, the sternum squeezes, compresses. Such pain usually extends to the jaw, left arm, neck, shoulder blades. It manifests itself most often after emotional shocks, physical overstrain, and temperature changes. It can last either a couple of seconds or a couple of tens of minutes. With an attack of angina pectoris, the patient has a rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, dizziness, weakness, a sense of fear. Reception of nitroglycerin well stops an attack. The position and frequency of pain does not affect body position.
- Pulmonary embolism . It is characterized by severe chest pain in the early stages. When inhaling intensifies, the pain is similar to angina pectoris, but without irradiation. Painkillers do not work. A person’s heart begins to beat faster, he suffocates, his blood pressure drops sharply, his skin turns blue. Urgent medical attention is needed.
- Arrhythmia. There are several types of this pathology, which are characterized by various changes in heart rate. For most of them, the unifying symptom is the irradiation of pain in the left hand.
- Pericarditis. The most common symptom of this inflammatory process is considered to be dull pain in the region of the heart. The central part of the chest is most often the site of pain localization, sometimes the return of the pain syndrome to the neck, arm, and back is also characteristic. Coughing and swallowing increase discomfort. In the supine position, the patient’s condition is aggravated, the most optimal is the sitting position. There is a rapid heartbeat.
- Ischemia. The most common manifestation of coronary heart disease is an attack of angina pectoris. Physical stress often causes an exacerbation of coronary disease, and at rest, a person’s well-being improves.
- Valve disease. The main symptoms of such pathologies include: weakness, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, dizziness, heart failure. The asymptomatic development of these diseases is also possible. Often they become the cause of heart failure, which causes swelling on the legs, bloating, and obesity.
Not all pain in the heart is associated with it, sometimes they can be a symptom of diseases and injuries that are completely independent of the work of the cardiovascular system. The most common ones include:
- Intercostal neuralgia. Quite often mistaken for heart pain. It is similar to sensations with angina pectoris with some differences. Intercostal neuralgia is characterized by sharp pain, aggravated by various movements, including the process of breathing, coughing, swallowing. May last indefinitely. The localization is point, between the ribs, often gives to the back.
- Osteochondrosis. For thoracic osteochondrosis, inherent pain radiating to the back, upper abdomen. Discomfort is aggravated by any movement. Sometimes there is a feeling of numbness of the left arm and interscapular region. Like intercostal neuralgia, pain in osteochondrosis is often attributed to angina pectoris. It is easy to distinguish them by taking nitroglycerin – it does not help with osteochondrosis and neuralgia. Read more about how to distinguish pain from breast osteochondrosis from pain with angina pectoris – read here.
- Digestive diseases. Quite often, the cause of pain in the chest is muscle spasms of the walls of the stomach. They are characterized by heartburn, nausea, and vomiting. This condition usually lasts for a longer time than standard heart pain. There is a direct relationship between pain and food intake, it can appear on an empty stomach and disappear after saturation. In the acute form of pancreatitis, there are quite severe pains that are similar to the pre-infarction state. Sometimes a spasm of the gallbladder can be mistaken for pain in the heart – in this case, pain is often given to the area of the chest where the heart is located. Esophageal hernia is also quite similar in pain to angina pectoris, most often it manifests itself during sleep. Changing the position of the human body to vertical with such a hernia improves well-being.
- Disorders of the central nervous system. For pathologies of this type, prolonged chest pain on the left is characteristic. Symptoms in this condition are expressed in constant aching pain, periodically acute. Neurosis is characterized by sleep disturbances, increased anxiety, irritability and other problems of the vegetative plan. On an electrocardiogram, neuroses of this kind are difficult to distinguish from coronary heart disease.
What can be done?
Diagnosis depending on the conditions of the onset of pain and related symptoms
If there is chest pain on the right in men, doctors, in the first place, suspect spinal problems. Scoliosis, osteochondrosis, salt deposition – all these pathologies cause severe painful sensations that appear during physical exertion or during prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position.
With an injury on the right side of the chest, soreness often does not appear immediately, but several days after the damage. Unpleasant feelings increase with inspiration, the localization of pain is clearly felt.
Pain in the chest area is accompanied not only by heart disease, but also by pathology of a different origin. It can be injuries, diseases of the spine, respiratory system, digestive or nervous system, and others. In any case, only a doctor can recognize this with the help of instrumental studies.
Signs of a heart attack may vary. The classic clinical picture of a heart attack unfolds, as a rule, as follows:
a feeling of heaviness, pressing or compressing pain in the center of the chest, behind the sternum and in the arm;
irradiation of pain in the left arm, neck, lower teeth, throat, back;
dizziness, sweating, pallor of the skin, nausea, sometimes vomiting;
a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, burning in the chest, reminiscent of heartburn;
fear of death, anxiety, severe weakness;
unstable and frequent pulse.
A heart attack can occur in another way. Symptoms may be absent, which is the insidiousness of the disease. A person may complain of discomfort in the chest area, and may not feel any sensations – this is a painless heart attack.
in its symptoms, it resembles acute heart failure: shortness of breath, suffocation, blue lips and fingertips, loss of consciousness.
A heart attack lasts about half an hour, it is impossible to stop with nitroglycerin.
Coronary artery disease is manifested by angina attacks. In this case, how does the heart hurt? Symptoms are usually as follows:
interruptions in the work of the heart;
With ischemia of the heart, patients complain of discomfort in the chest: pressure, heaviness, overflow, burning. Pain can be given to the shoulders, shoulder blade, arms, neck, lower jaw, and throat. It usually occurs during physical and emotional stress and stops at rest.
With angina pectoris, pain can occur at any time. Often in this case, the heart hurts at night. This form is unfavorable.
Pain in the left half of the chest is caused by two types of causes:
- cardiological, caused by diseases of the heart and the vessels supplying it;
- non-cardiological, initiated by many other pathologies. They have their own division, depending on the organ system that caused the syndrome.
The fact that the heart hurts is indicated by such signs:
- localization of pain: behind the sternum and to the left, to the left edge of the clavicle;
- the character may be different: aching, stitching, oppressive or dull;
- not accompanied by pain in the intercostal spaces or in the vertebrae;
- there is no connection with a certain type of movement (for example, turning a hand in a shoulder joint or raising a hand), pain most often appears after exercise;
- there may be a connection with food intake – heart pain with angina pectoris can be associated with eating an abundant amount of food or walking immediately after eating, but then it is not accompanied by heartburn, belching, or stool disorders;
- can give to the left hand (especially the little finger of the hand), the left half of the lower jaw, the area of the left shoulder blade, but at the same time there is no violation of the sensitivity of the hand, it does not freeze, does not weaken, the skin does not begin to turn pale and hair falls out.
Consider the additional characteristics of the pain syndrome:
- If the pain gives to the shoulder blade, it can be: angina pectoris, esophageal spasm, myocardial infarction, cardioneurosis.
- When the pain intensifies during inspiration, this indicates: intercostal neuralgia, pleurisy or myositis of intercostal muscles. When the intensity of the pain syndrome increases with a deep breath, it can be: pneumonia or pulmonary thromboembolism. In both cases, a general condition worsens, but with pneumonia this occurs gradually, and with pulmonary embolism, the count goes on for minutes.
- If the pain syndrome intensifies with movement, this may be a sign of osteochondrosis of the cervical or thoracic region.
- When there is pain extending hand, a person may have one of the following diseases:
- myositis of the intercostal muscles on the left side;
- myocardial infarction;
- angina pectoris;
- interscapular pain syndrome;
- When pain is accompanied by shortness of breath:
- myocardial infarction;
- pulmonary embolism;
- rupture of an aortic aneurysm.
- If weakness and pain in the heart area appear, it can be tuberculosis, pleurisy, pericarditis, exfoliating aortic aneurysm, pneumonia.
- The combination of “dizziness pain” is characteristic of:
- mitral valve prolapse;
- osteochondrosis or a hernia of the cervical spine, accompanied by compression of the vertebral artery.
Inflammatory heart disease
Pain is the main symptom of pericarditis, or inflammation of the outer lining of the heart. It is felt in the middle of the chest, sometimes gives to the back, neck, arm, increases when swallowing, inhaling, coughing, as well as lying down. In a sitting position or leaning forward, some relief comes. Patients’ breathing is usually superficial.
With inflammation of the heart muscle, up to 90% of patients complain of pain. This is a stitching, pressing or aching pain in the region of the heart, which does not depend on physical activity, but can intensify a day after the load. It does not pass from nitroglycerin.
Mitral valve prolapse
With valve pathologies, the symptoms do not reflect the severity of the disease. A person may not have any complaints, but it is difficult to get sick. Symptoms may be as follows:
shortness of breath, shortness of breath during daily activities and during exertion, as well as when lying down;
discomfort (heaviness, pressure) in the chest during exertion, inhalation of cold air;
dizziness, general weakness;
rhythm disturbances: irregular pulse, rapid heartbeat, interruptions in the work of the heart.
With valve diseases, heart failure can develop with characteristic signs: swelling of the legs, bloating, and weight gain.
Pain usually occurs in the left chest and is not associated with stress. It has a pressing, aching or aching character and does not pass from nitroglycerin. In addition, night and morning headaches, dizziness, fainting, frequent palpitations, a feeling of lack of air are possible.
Pain in the center of the chest
When breast pain in men in the central part, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and respiratory system are initially considered, although in general a painful condition causes many factors:
- Pulmonary embolism – when a blood clot blocks a blood clot, a person develops pain, shortness of breath, pressure jumps. Based on the size of the thrombus, the consequences of pathology range from malaise to death.
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine – with a disease, damaged intervertebral discs pinch the nerves, which causes pain.
- Neurosis or cardioneurosis – pressing pain in the sternum is accompanied by heart palpitations, difficulty breathing. The cause of these ailments is alcohol abuse, junk food, smoking, excessive emotionality, stress.
- Gastric ulcer, 12 duodenal ulcer – pain resembles a heart and are closely associated with food intake. With gastric ulcer, they appear immediately after eating, the duodenum 12 – usually on an empty stomach at night.
- Gastoesophageal reflux – irritation of the esophagus leads to sharp pain over the navel, and often in the chest area.
- Pleurisy – with the development of an ailment, chest pain in men arises from irritation of the nerve endings of the pleura and becomes stronger when coughing, inhaling, laughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia – with pneumonia, the degree of pain depends on the severity of the disease and varies from aching and moderate to acute and sharp.
- Tuberculosis – pain in the chest is observed simultaneously with general weakness, low-grade fever, and sometimes – bloody discharge during coughing.
- Bronchitis – the infection is localized in the bronchi, so men complain of pain behind the sternum. A characteristic sign of the disease is a cough, first dry, then wet.
- Tumors – with the development of a neoplasm in the lungs, chest pain is often accompanied by fever and bloody expectoration.
Almost all patients with this diagnosis have pain. It is especially pronounced with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. The pain changes with the course of the disease. At first it is prolonged, it is not connected with physical activity in any way, it does not stop from nitroglycerin, it is localized in different places. In the future, there is spontaneous pain or seizures after exercise, which are stopped by nitroglycerin, although not always.
We examined the pathologies that cause pain, localized in the left half of the chest. Now we will analyze what pain each of them gives.
It’s a dull pain
Aching pain is characteristic for:
- angina pectoris;
- gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine;
- exacerbations of pancreatitis.
Stitching pain occurs when:
- myocardial infarction;
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- neurocirculatory dystonia;
- intercostal neuralgia;
- lung cancer or bronchus.
Pressing pain can be a manifestation of:
- angina pectoris;
- mitral valve prolapse;
- a foreign body of the esophagus (in this case, the fact of swallowing some inedible object, for example, fish bone, is noted);
- myocardial dystrophy;
- heart tumors (e.g., myxoma);
- poisoning with drugs, alcohol, drugs, phosphorus-organic compounds, poisons. In this case, there is the fact of taking medication, alcohol, treating plants from pests, and so on;
- stomach ulcers at the junction with the esophagus.
The word “sharp pain” is usually used only to describe myocardial infarction. In addition to cardialgia of a similar nature, there is a general deterioration in the condition, cold sweat, fainting state, and cardiac arrhythmias. Radiation of cardialgia – in the left shoulder blade, arm.
Severe pain occurs when:
- myocardial infarction;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic;
- intercostal neuralgia, especially caused by shingles;
- pulmonary embolism;
- rupture of the dissecting aortic aneurysm;
Constant pain is characteristic of osteochondrosis. There is no worsening of the condition, but “goosebumps” and numbness in the left hand, a decrease in its strength, can be noted. A similar complaint is described and pericarditis – inflammation of the outer lining of the heart – heart bag. It is also characterized by general malaise and fever.
If dull pain is felt in the area of the heart, it can be:
- anterior chest wall syndrome;
- arterial hypertension (in this case, high blood pressure is recorded);
- overloading of intercostal muscles, for example, with very active physical training or prolonged playing of wind instruments.
Acute pain occurs with pleurisy or pericarditis. Both diseases are characterized by fever and weakness.
It is characteristic for:
- neurocirculatory dystonia;
- angina pectoris;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Such a symptom is noted with myocardial infarction, in this case there will be a sharp deterioration in the condition, there may be a clouding of consciousness due to pain shock. Pain in a neurosis is also described in a similar way, when psychoemotional disturbances come to the fore.
To find out why the chest in men hurts, you need to contact one of the following specialists:
To establish the cause, a specialist can prescribe a wide range of diagnostic procedures, depending on the localization of the pain syndrome and associated symptoms:
- blood and urine tests;
- Ultrasound of the chest and heart;
- MRI or CT;
- angiography of coronary vessels;
- studies of the stomach, etc.
What to do?
If the chest hurts in men, this is a serious reason to seek medical help. Self-medication and hopes that it will “resolve” by itself can lead to serious complications, therefore, with regular and severe pain, you should, without delay, pay a visit to a medical institution.
- With painful pain, you can take painkillers before visiting a doctor.
- If you suspect a myocardial infarction or when painkillers do not help, you must immediately call an ambulance.
- Pain caused by gastrointestinal problems will help relieve oatmeal, a couple of spoons of honey or cool milk. They will create an enveloping effect and temporarily relieve pain.
This is the first question that comes to the mind of a person who has chest pain. If there is a suspicion that the heart still hurts, that is, an angina attack or heart attack, you need to act as follows:
First of all, you need to calm down and sit down. Panic will only aggravate the condition.
Try to change the position of the body. If it has become easier, it is possible that it is not the heart that hurts. If the pain has not receded, but continues to increase and is compressive or oppressive, it is possible that it is angina pectoris.
In the room you need to open the window for fresh air.
Nothing should constrain the breath, therefore the collar of clothes must be unfastened or undressed to the waist.
Put one tablet of nitroglycerin under the tongue, with angina pectoris, the pain should recede quickly enough. If after 15 minutes it has not passed, take another pill and call an ambulance. If it is a heart attack, nitroglycerin will not help.
If you have pain in the heart, what to do:
- Stop performing any action, take a semi-recumbent position, put your legs just below the body (if there is dizziness, above the torso position).
- Unfasten all interfering clothes, ask to open the windows.
- If the pain is similar to that described for angina pectoris, take “Nitroglycerin” under the tongue. If the syndrome is stopped by 1-2 tablets (they act within 1,5-3 minutes), consult the therapist on the same day or the next day to diagnose coronary heart disease and prescribe appropriate treatment. You can’t drink more tablets – from them, among other things, the pressure decreases (PS headache after taking nitroglycerin is a normal phenomenon, it is removed by Validol or Corvalment, which contain menthol).
- If nitroglycerin does not help, and there is difficulty breathing, weakness, fainting, severe pallor – call an ambulance, be sure to indicate that there is a pain in the heart. Previously, you can drink a tablet of pain medication: “Diclofenac”, “Analgin”, “Nimesil” or another.
- If the pain in the region of the heart disappeared after you stopped, this condition requires an early diagnosis using a cardiogram and ultrasound of the heart. Not paying attention threatens to aggravate the situation with the development of heart failure.
Treatment is prescribed only by a doctor – based on the results of the examination. Self-medication is unacceptable, since the diseases manifested by this symptom are radically different. Self-medicating, for example, osteochondrosis, which actually turns out to be myocarditis, can lead to the development of heart failure, when any incorrect movement will be accompanied by shortness of breath, a feeling of lack of air and swelling.
Thus, the pain syndrome localized in the region of the heart can be caused not only by heart diseases. More often, its causes are pathologies of the ribs and intercostal muscles, spine, esophagus and stomach. In order to start moving in the direction of diagnosis, you need to state your complaints to the therapist.
1. Intercostal neuralgia. It is often mistaken for heart pain, but in fact there are significant differences. With intercostal neuralgia, the pain is stitching, sharp, intensifying with deep inhalation and exhalation, twists of the body, sudden movements, coughing, laughing, sneezing. She can let go in a few minutes, but can last up to several hours and days.
2. Osteochondrosis of the thoracic and cervical. It is easy to confuse it with angina pectoris. It seems to a person that his heart hurts, his hand goes numb, usually his left, and the area between the shoulder blades gives pain in the back, upper abdomen, intensifies with breathing and movement. Especially it resembles the heart, if it occurs at night, while a person experiences fear. The main difference from angina pectoris is that nitroglycerin does not help.
3. Diseases of the central nervous system. In this case, patients complain that their heart often hurts. As a rule, patients describe their condition in different ways. The pain can be permanent and short-term, aching and sharp. In case of neurosis, various autonomic disorders are usually present: irritability, anxiety, insomnia or drowsiness, fever or coldness in the extremities, dryness or increased humidity of the skin, pain in the muscles, stomach,
Typically, people with neurosis very colorful and detailed describe the numerous symptoms that objectively do not correspond to the true state of a person. At the same time, the “cores” are very stingy in describing their feelings. It can be difficult to distinguish cardioneurosis from cardiac ischemia, since there are no changes on the ECG.
4. Violations of the digestive tract. Pain caused by pathologies of the digestive system, longer than cardiac, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, heartburn, depend on food intake. Acute pancreatitis is sometimes mistaken for a heart attack: severe pain with nausea and vomiting. Pain with spasm of the gallbladder and ducts can give to the left side of the chest, so it seems that the heart hurts. What to drink to find out for sure? If antispasmodics helped, then problems with the digestive tract.
5. Diseases of the lungs. With pneumonia, pains resembling heart can occur. With pleurisy, acute pain occurs, it is limited, worse with coughing and inhaling.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.