Patients with orthostatic hypotension complain of the following symptoms:
- general weakness;
- dizziness even in a sitting position;
- deterioration of vision;
- cramps in the limbs;
- tendency to fainting;
- hearing loss;
- increased sweating.
Especially poor health occurs against the background of prolonged standing or sitting in one position, trying to get up, getting out of bed.
The tight tightening of the corset at one time made it possible for ladies to look pale and sensitive due to the orthostatic mechanism of hypotension
In medicine, several types of orthostatic hypotension are distinguished. All of them differ in pathogenetic root causes of development. Given this nuance, a decrease in blood pressure is classified as follows:
- medication is the most common cause of the disorder. It develops due to an increased dosage of drugs that lower blood pressure. Sometimes a complication occurs if a person neglects rest after taking the drug. There are drugs that cause orthostatic hypotension. These include diuretics, nitro drugs and calcium antagonists;
- neurological – is formed against a background of deterioration in the tone of the vascular walls. As a rule, pathology develops due to expansion of veins or non-compliance with bed rest;
- hypovolemic – appears due to the fact that the body begins to dehydrate quickly. This condition can cause vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, and blood loss. Complications are found in patients with diabetes mellitus, when they dramatically lose fluid with glucose;
- Shay-Drajger syndrome – diagnosed in patients with insufficient production of the hormone norepinephrine, which is responsible for the timely narrowing of blood vessels. As soon as a person changes the position of the body, this provokes a decrease in pressure;
- idiopathic – develops by itself, without any root causes.
Important! Before prescribing treatment, the doctor recommends a series of examinations that will help qualify the pathology. Based on the data obtained, the specialist will establish an accurate diagnosis and select quality therapy.
With the full operation of the cardiovascular system, a change in body position does not affect the general condition of a person. At this point, a compensatory reaction is activated, which normalizes the pressure and restores cerebral circulation.
Important! Orthostatic hypotension develops due to insufficient compensatory reaction in response to a sharp change in body position.
The reasons for the development of this violation are many. These include serious diseases or simply mild disorders in the body. Among the main root causes of the pathological process, doctors distinguish the following:
- fever, debilitating diets;
- prolonged bed rest;
- high consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- taking medications (an attack may occur with the first dose);
- dehydration caused by various causes;
- high blood sugar, varicose veins;
- adrenal dysfunction, impaired protein metabolism;
- diseases of the nervous system, heart disease;
- problems in the endocrine system;
- stress and emotional strain;
- acute infectious ailments, excessive physical exertion;
- pathological disorders in the spinal cord;
- VVD, large blood loss.
Obviously, there are many reasons for the development of orthostatic hypotension. They all differ from each other, therefore, therapy for each pathology is individual. In any case, at the first sign of a violation, you must consult a doctor. He will appoint a series of examinations in order to accurately establish the root cause of a sharp decrease in pressure after a change in body position. Based on the data obtained, an effective treatment regimen is selected.
There are a lot of reasons for the development of hypotension, so it is important to determine them at the initial level. To do this, the doctor recommends undergoing a number of procedures, which include laboratory tests and instrumental examinations:
- measurement Blood pressure while lying and sitting;
- listening to the work of the heart;
- blood test;
- analysis to determine the amount of hormones;
- daily monitoring of heart muscle performance;
- orthostatic test;
- vagal test.
Based on the data obtained, the doctor will be able to determine the causes of the pathology and establish an accurate diagnosis. After that, the specialist will select an individual treatment that will help restore the cardiovascular system faster.
Many do not know that this problem is dangerous. At the moment of falling, you can hit your head and get fractures. Also, all the deteriorating coordination of pressure in the vessels often leads to a deterioration in heart function. After all, the load increases on our main motor with a drop in pressure in the vessels – the heart should increase the release of blood.
Symptoms of orthostatic arterial hypotension in humans are:
- sudden onset of weakness;
- darkening in the eyes and dizziness;
- auditory sensations are reduced;
- some note excessive sweating;
- sometimes cramps;
There are 3 severity of symptoms:
- Infrequent dizziness and general fainting. Easy degree.
- With an average degree, a person already sometimes loses consciousness, usually with a sharp change in body position.
- Severe degree. Orthostatic collapse occurs constantly – from a long standing or squatting, clouding in the head already begins.
The fact is that orthostatic hypotension is not in itself a disease. This is a syndrome, and all its manifestations are indirect symptoms of other, more serious diseases. It is necessary to undergo examinations in time and find the problem, especially if it is heart failure that gives such symptoms.
- How is orthostatic hypotension manifested?
- The main symptoms of a pathological disorder
- Hypotension syndrome or fainting? How to distinguish?
- Medication Therapy
- How to eat with low blood pressure?
- Lifestyle is the key to well-being
- Hypotension as a neurological symptom
- Folk remedies
- Hypotension and Diabetic Crisis
- Possible complications
- Doctor Examinations
- Additional recommendations
- Prevention of disease
How is orthostatic hypotension manifested?
Many people with hypotension – low blood pressure, often experience dizziness with a sharp rise. But if the condition borders on a loss of consciousness and a strong heartbeat appears, then it is time to think about health.
Dizziness occurs for a simple reason – blood rushes into the lower extremities, and flows from the head. The brain simply does not receive oxygen for a short period of time, and it turns off, like a computer without power. In healthy people, vascular tone allows you to quickly pump blood, and the body manages to adapt to changing the body in space.
But with some problems with the vessels, with the activity of the heart or for other reasons (there may be many), recurring orthostatic collapse – a sharp drop in pressure – is a clear problem in life. Still, we have a fast pace of life and there is no time to lose consciousness, in fact.
If such episodes often occur and the head becomes more and more heavy at such moments, this is dangerous, as it can lead to a stroke if the vessels of the head can not stand it.
The main symptoms of a pathological disorder
Reducing blood pressure, regardless of the reasons, disrupts the full flow of oxygen to the brain, which provokes oxygen starvation of all body cells. This violation is always accompanied by unpleasant symptoms:
- dull, aching headache;
- everything is blurry and dark in the eyes;
- excessive sweating;
- muscle tremors;
- all reactions slow down;
If a person has a disturbed compensatory mechanism, then, abruptly changing the position of the body, he will always feel bad. In this case, blood pressure will be at the lower mark, which, of course, will cause poor health. In some cases, if a person lies down again, then Blood pressure will gradually return to normal. However, this only happens if the causes of the violation are not caused by serious diseases.
Important! The main symptoms of orthostatic hypotension are dizziness and fainting.
Hypotension syndrome or fainting? How to distinguish?
Orthostatic arterial hypotension is provoked by such factors:
- Sudden movements. For example, after a long rest in a sitting or lying position, a sharp rise to your feet.
- A long course of taking pills that lower blood pressure, treat the cardiovascular system or diuretics.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Excessive loss of water in the body. For example, excessive sweating, frequent vomiting, persistent diarrhea, or severe blood loss.
- Long stay in a horizontal position. This includes a long bed rest.
- Strict diets.
- Infectious diseases.
In addition, the causes of orthostatic hypotension are seen in people who have a significant change in the level of hormones in the blood, which entails a decrease in vascular tone:
- endocrine diseases.
Hypotension and syncope have various symptoms and causes. Although everyone is accustomed to fainting as any pallor of the face, followed by loss of consciousness in the form of fainting, their differences are very important for diagnosis and treatment.
- the time and conditions under which syncope occurs are not known to the patient, as they always arise suddenly and unpredictably;
- constancy is not different, usually has isolated cases;
- the patient feels warmth that spreads over the body and pleasant drowsiness after fainting.
Orthostatic hypotension has other signs:
- a person always understands the conditions under which dizziness begins;
- in such situations, symptoms appear with constancy;
- a person does not experience any sensations.
It will take a lot of tests and some procedures to establish the exact cause and know how to deal with orthostatic hypotension. Treatment should follow immediately after a diagnosis is established, since it is impossible to delay.
What causes orthostatic collapse?
- Prolonged state of immobility, especially bedtime.
- Adrenal insufficiency.
- Hypovolemia is a reduced content of the total amount of liquid blood in the vessels. This occurs sometimes at high temperature or due to severe loss of blood.
- CNS dysfunctions. Various neuropathies affect pressure.
- Reception of certain groups of medicines.
- Decreased myocardial contractility.
- Poor condition of blood vessels.
- Severe dehydration after vomiting or diarrhea.
Also, age-related physiological changes affect blood pressure. Separately, it must be said about the role of the central nervous system. A person who often experiences such a syndrome should consult a neurologist and check for pathologies of the nervous network.
Fainting is completely unpredictable. A person cannot know where and for what reason he will lose consciousness. In addition, syncope occurs infrequently. In most cases, these are isolated manifestations of weakness, especially in the heat.
But when hypotension is detected, a person feels that it becomes bad precisely with sudden changes in body position in space.
As a rule, with a sharp change in body position, redistribution of blood occurs. At rest – lying or sitting – most of it accumulates in the veins of the legs under the action of gravity. As a result of this, the pressure decreases slightly, and in response to this, the work of the heart muscle accelerates and the vessels narrow slightly.
Thus, self-regulation of blood pressure occurs. The same cases in which the natural compensatory mechanism does not work are manifestations of orthostatic hypotension.
The condition of hypotension can be caused by the following reasons:
- side effect of taking various medications. This is especially true for drugs intended for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, in particular, vasodilation;
- alcohol abuse;
- marijuana use;
- profuse blood loss;
- fluid loss with vomiting, diarrhea, or as a result of taking diuretics;
- orthostatic hypotension can be observed during puberty, and in early pregnancy, and during menopause, when changes in the hormonal background of the body can lead to instability in the tone of blood vessels;
- ailments such as diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis and Addison’s disease can also cause hypotension;
- after long forced lying, for example, during the period of trauma and rehabilitation after it, symptoms of hypotension may occur.
The main reason is a lack of blood supply to the brain, as well as a delayed reaction of the heart and blood vessels with a change in body position. These conditions can cause:
- inflammatory diseases of the heart and arrhythmias;
- clogging of vessels with atherosclerotic plaques;
- head trauma;
- meningitis and encephalitis;
- prolonged bed rest – due to human inactivity, blood vessels lose their elasticity and ability to contract in a timely manner;
- varicose veins on the legs.
Poor working conditions, and in particular work underground, also affect the development of orthostatic hypotension.
Athletes often feel a sharp decrease in pressure, experts call this form of hypotension a disease of high fitness. In this case, lowering blood pressure is a protective reaction of the body to constant loads.
A sharp change in body position is accompanied by a redistribution of blood. When a person sits or lies, most of it accumulates in the veins of the legs as a result of the action of gravity. This leads to temporary hypotension, acceleration of the heart muscle, or narrowing of blood vessels. This is a natural mechanism for regulating blood pressure. If this mechanism does not work, then the person suffers from manifestations of orthostatic hypertension.
The development of this condition can occur under the influence of:
- certain medications. Such a side effect is distinguished by most drugs with vasodilating properties;
- large volumes of alcoholic beverages;
- marijuana use;
- severe bleeding;
- dehydration as a result of vomiting, prolonged diarrhea, the use of diuretics;
- changes in the body associated with puberty, pregnancy, menopause. Hormonal disturbances in such situations lead to instability in the tone of blood vessels;
- diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis, Addison’s disease;
- prolonged lying with protracted diseases, after injuries during the rehabilitation period after them.
Hypertension has different manifestations, depending on the underlying cause of its development.
Orthostatic hypotension typically responds well to homeopathy treatment. However, if the pathological process has acquired a chronic form and is often repeated, the doctor will recommend complex therapy, which includes a group of drugs. Below is a list of which drugs to treat pathology:
- cortisones (Cortef, Coril);
- A-adrenergic agonists (Medamine, Gutron, Midodrin, Mefentermin, Mesatone, Norepinephrine);
- Vasopressin and its analogues (Remestil, Nativa, Vasomirin, Adiuretin, Emosint);
- cholinesterase inhibitors (Yasnal, Alzepil, Exelon, Nivalin, Reminyl, Galantamine);
- erythropoietin (Recormon, Epostim, Erythrostim).
All medications have a complex chemical composition, as well as a lot of contraindications. Given this point, do not self-medicate! You need to trust the doctor. The specialist will choose a good treatment regimen, since it takes into account the degree of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient.
How to eat with low blood pressure?
Since low blood pressure increases the risk of losing consciousness, a person with such pressure should adhere to a special diet. Some foods increase pressure. They are contraindicated in hypertensive patients, but are just useful for hypotensive patients.
You need to eat in portions – a little bit of everything and 5 or 6 times a day. So you will not starve, but your body will cope well with the digestion of food. You can eat sweets and fatty dishes, but only before dinner. And after lunch, it is better to switch to fish dishes, salads, buckwheat. It is very good to eat nuts every day, which give energy, but do not gain weight. Especially in such cases, almonds are useful.
Lifestyle is the key to well-being
To normalize blood pressure, doctors recommend that you follow simple rules. A person suffering from orthostatic type hypotension should follow these recommendations:
- enough to relax;
- get out of bed slowly;
- food should be regular, but in small portions;
- observe drinking regime;
- you need to limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- you should regularly drink a cup of coffee;
- it is necessary to avoid a hot bath, sauna and excessive physical exertion;
- constantly measure blood pressure;
- do sport.
Hypotension as a neurological symptom
There are primary and secondary neurological syndromes and diseases that signal themselves as orthostatic hypotension.
Primary neuropathies include Shay-Drager syndrome, Riley-Day syndrome, and others. Bradbury-Eggleston syndrome affects the sympathetic part of the central nervous system and can also lead to pressure drops. All these ailments are purely genetic in nature. And secondary problems in the field of neurology include those that developed as a result of long-term diabetes mellitus, anemia, porphyria, amyloidosis. It also develops with alcoholism.
- neuropathies against diabetes mellitus;
- past spinal cord injuries;
- amyloidosis of internal organs;
- diseases of the spinal cord and spine;
- pernicious anemia;
- varicose veins;
- acute myocardial infarction;
- pulmonary thrombosis;
- vegetative dystonia;
- pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumors).
A similar situation is faced by patients with prolonged bed rest during the period of recovery of activity. Especially people in old age, pregnant women.
Shay-Draeger syndrome and idiopathic (with unknown causes) orthostatic hypotension is considered a rare disease. The syndrome, in addition to symptoms of hypotension, is manifested by trembling hands, decreased tone of the intestinal and bladder sphincters, and disturbed sweating.
The mechanism of orthostatic hypotension in the syndrome is associated with the absence of an increase in norepinephrine in the blood of patients (in some it even decreases) when the position changes from horizontal to vertical. This confirms the opinion about impaired sympathetic regulation of vascular tone. In addition, the heart does not respond with the usual increase in heart rate, resulting in a decrease in cardiac output.
In patients in the orthostatic state, a sharp drop in both systolic and diastolic levels of blood pressure is observed. A syncope indicates a decreased blood flow through the vessels to the brain.
Some clinicians, researchers believe the reason for such a reaction is the disconnection of the connection between the brain and peripheral nervous structures.
At the initial stage of the disease, it is recommended to use the old “grandmother” methods that will help restore well-being. Healing herbs will help well in this:
- Rhodiola Rosea;
Based on these herbs, a medicinal decoction is prepared. To prepare it, you can take several herbs or one. Dry raw materials (1 tbsp. L.) Pour boiling water (250 ml) and insist for an hour. After that, filter and take three times a day.
When choosing a therapy, the attending physician will definitely take into account the cause of the disease. Often, treatment is only to wait a certain period: puberty in a teenager or early pregnancy. In these conditions, the body is able, after some restructuring, to adapt to pressure changes without outside help.
In order for the treatment of the disease to be effective, it is recommended to eat foods with a high content of carbohydrates, salt and fats. The use of fruits and vegetables, especially those with a tonic effect, is shown. With this syndrome, it is extremely important to drink enough water and categorically avoid alcoholic beverages.
Even a completely healthy person is not immune from orthostatic hypotension, but it happens that it accompanies some types of pathologies. Healthy people can feel this condition with insufficient vascular tone, with a slow reaction of blood vessels due to a change in body position. People who do not engage in any sports are not tempered, and weather-sensitive are more susceptible to orthostatic hypotension.
Side effects of orthostatic hypotension
Often hypotension occurs in children and adolescents due to the fact that the vascular bed is underdeveloped or the autonomic nervous system is not fully regulated.
Pregnant women are also subject to hypotension, and they can not be ignored, since such symptoms can adversely affect the baby.
The causes of hypotension lie in the fact that blood with a sharp change in body posture rushes primarily in the legs and lower body.
The heart responds with an increase in heart rate, but does not keep pace with the redistribution of blood in the vessels. Therefore, blood flows from the upper part of the body and hypoxia of the brain sets in, which entails a fainting state and often faints, blood pressure jumps.
Orthostatic hypotension can be avoided even when the first symptoms of a lack of blood in the brain have only appeared, and those people who are prone to this should observe safety precautions.
Orthostatic pressure reduction is not an independent disease, but if such fainting is repeated often, you should consult a doctor, even if nothing else causes concern, since the reasons may be hidden disorders of the vessels, nervous system, and even the heart.
The treatment strategy will depend on the cause of orthostatic hypotension. If a decrease in pressure called for medication, they are canceled. With a sedentary lifestyle, hypotension is prescribed massage and moderate physical activity. It is very important to increase the amount of sodium chloride in the diet.
If the pathology was provoked by cardiovascular diseases, endocrine disorders or injuries – initially eliminate them. In most cases, unpleasant symptoms go away after that.
With a chronic or idiopathic form of orthostatic hypertension, it is prescribed:
- adaptogens – drugs that stimulate part of the nervous system that regulates blood circulation and metabolism;
- adrenergic drugs – improve vascular tone and prevent a drop in blood pressure during sudden movements and rise;
- mineralocorticoids – increase the tone of peripheral vessels;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – relieve inflammatory processes in the vessels, increase their elasticity;
- beta-blockers – block the production of hormones that inhibit vascular spasm, relieve stress on the heart muscle.
Citramon, Caffeine-benzoate sodium, tincture of Eleutherococcus and ginseng, Chinese magnolia vine and Pantocrine will help get rid of low blood pressure. The doctor determines the dosage and duration of these medications individually.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
Once and for all, freshly squeezed carrot juice will help to forget about hypotension. It is enough for you to drink 1 glass of juice on an empty stomach for a month and the result will not be long in coming.
It helps hypertensive patients to feel better tincture of propolis. To prepare a healing potion, you need to mix 20 g of crushed propolis with 80 ml of vodka. The resulting fluid is insisted for a week, occasionally shaking. Take on an empty stomach 2 teaspoons.
Ginseng root is ground on a grater and pour 0,5 l of boiling water. The product is kept for 3 hours and consumed half a glass before each meal.
The treatment of hypotension is carried out using herbal preparations. They can be purchased at a pharmacy or prepared independently from dried herbs that can be found at home. The body benefits under reduced pressure:
Vascular spasm relieves dandelion and mint.
The herbs are brewed together or separately in half a liter of water and kept for an hour in a thermos. Drink with the addition of honey 3 times a day.
Therapy of hypotension involves the use of medications. Usually the problem is fixed with:
- mineralocorticoids or cortisones;
- alpha adrenomimetics;
- vasopressin analogues;
- cholinesterase inhibitors;
To achieve good results in treatment, you should radically change your lifestyle. The patient is recommended:
- sleep so that your head rests on an elevated place;
- eat foods in small doses;
- spend enough time in the fresh air;
- do not get up sharply while lying down for a long time. Especially this rule must be observed in old age. First, a person needs to sit down, and then lower his legs and only then get up;
- engage in physiotherapy exercises, implying uniform loads on all muscle groups;
- eat foods that are high in salt, fat, and carbohydrates. Fruits and vegetables with a tonic effect are needed;
- spend as little time as possible in hot climates;
- wear compression hosiery to reduce the intravascular volume of the veins of the lower extremities;
- It is important to drink enough fluids and completely abandon alcohol.
The main pathology is also treated. If hypotension arose due to bleeding, then homeostatic and infusion treatment is carried out, with which normalize the level of fluid inside the vessels.
In the case when the syndrome was caused by the influence of medicines, their dosage is reduced or replaced with other drugs. The doctor should do this.
To eliminate the manifestations of this pathology, folk remedies are also used. Celery, lettuce, cabbage, apples of sour varieties have a tonic effect. They are used to prepare different dishes, adding olive oil, nuts, lemon juice.
You can increase blood pressure with the help of beet juice, pomegranate, black mulberry. They should be taken before or after meals, diluted with water in a proportion of one to two. Juices stain teeth. Therefore, after using them, rinse your mouth.
Hypotension and Diabetic Crisis
Diabetic hypoglycemia can also lead to fainting, but it cannot be considered a hypotension. With hypoglycemia, there will be:
- nervousness or marked anxiety;
- speech impairment;
Hypoglycemia is a very serious condition. Before diagnosing it, you need to pass many more tests. But what immediately distinguishes orthostatic collapse is the patient’s mental state. After all, with collapse, there is usually no panic. A person is completely mentally adequate and does not complain of anxiety or other emotional disturbances.
There are complications from hypotension:
- Fainting. The most common complication of hypotension. Mild fainting occurs with symptoms of pallor, weakness, and nausea. Deep fainting occurs with symptoms of increased sweating, cramping, and urination.
- Injuries due to falling from dizziness and fainting.
- A stroke can be triggered due to pressure fluctuations.
- Damage to the brain and central nervous system.
The recurrence of symptoms of hypotension leads to such consequences as the cessation of oxygen supply to the brain and the development of hypoxia, worsening of existing nervous diseases and symptoms of dementia.
Pre-fainting conditions are far from harmless to the body. They can cause:
- injuries due to an unexpected fall of a person;
- stroke in the elderly;
- weighting of existing neurological pathology in connection with severe hypoxia of brain tissue;
- memory loss, learning opportunities, impaired intelligence;
- early senile dementia.
The manifestations of orthostatic hypotension cannot be ignored. It can be the beginning of a serious brain pathology. The detection of the first symptoms requires careful diagnosis and monitoring of the implementation of preventive measures.
With hypotension, fainting is often observed, which is accompanied by falls and injuries. If the pathology is provoked by a violation of blood circulation in the brain, there is a high probability of developing a stroke. Due to frequent pressure drops, the central nervous system is disturbed, which is fraught with the development of dementia, neurological diseases and encephalitis.
If you do not engage in treatment, then orthostatic hypotension can only develop and lead to serious consequences. This violation can cause such complications:
- fainting, which is dangerous for various injuries;
- a stroke developing due to sudden changes in pressure;
- damage to the central nervous system, including brain tissue.
At the first signs of orthostatic hypotension, you must consult a doctor and undergo a course of examinations to determine the causes of the violation. Sometimes it’s quite simple to eliminate the root causes of the pathology, but in other cases it is important to receive complex therapy.
The lack of treatment for hypotension can lead to the development of serious complications in the form of:
- Organic lesions of the walls of the stomach.
- Muscle hypotension. It occurs mainly in childhood. The sooner they discover it, the greater the chance of recovery.
- Pathology in women during the period of bearing a child can cause a miscarriage.
To avoid the development of such disorders, it is necessary to identify the problem in time and undergo treatment.
To clarify the general condition of the patient who addressed the doctor with the above symptoms, the following procedures are performed:
- An electrocardiogram is done, the doctor should see the condition of the heart. Also, patients make an echocardiogram.
- Blood chemistry. If a person has low hemoglobin, then, of course, he will be constantly accompanied by weakness and dizziness.
- Vagus tests are done in order to calculate possible disorders in the nervous system.
- Be sure to check the health of the thyroid gland. Since insufficient production of hormones also provokes similar symptoms.
- For diagnostic purposes, blood pressure is measured in the supine position and within 2-3 minutes after the rise.
Some are prescribed a Holter study. This is a round-the-clock monitoring of the work of your heart, which is carried out to fully understand the health of the heart system.
If all indicators are normal and there are no problems with either the nervous system, or with the thyroid gland, or with neurology, the client can be sent to a psychologist with suspected neurosis.
What is equally important for the diagnosis is the patient’s nutrition. Often, women eat poorly, because they have no time, or are specially dieting, and then the body simply lacks nutrients and weakness occurs.
So, orthostatic hypotension is revealed. Its causes are also examined in detail at the doctor’s appointment. After all, it is necessary to choose an adequate treatment. That’s why we come to the doctor.
How to treat? Orthostatic hypotension is not a common problem, such as the common cold. Based on the severity of the symptoms of the syndrome and the collected medical history, the doctor makes a conclusion about which treatment to resort to: medication or non-medication, or surgical intervention is necessary to eliminate heart defects.
Those who suffer from anemia should take iron-containing drugs, and for blood flow problems, blood-thinning drugs are prescribed, especially if a person is over 55 years old. Adrenomimetics, beta-blockers or steroids may be prescribed.
If it is veins, venotonics and compression tights are required. Varicose veins are one of the common problems leading to collapses. And this disease must be kept under control all the time.
After the collapse of a person, you need to put it on the sofa and provide an influx of fresh cool air.
When an ambulance arrives after a swoon, the injured person is injected with a 10% caffeine solution or Cordiaminum – 1 or 2 ml.
When symptoms of orthostatic hypotension appear, first of all, the feasibility of using drugs and their dosage should be reviewed if the patient is being treated for any disease.
To establish communication with medicines, it may be necessary to cancel or temporarily replace the usual remedy.
The patient should explain the need for the regime: contraindication for sudden movements, inclinations, prolonged stationary standing.
With varicose veins, compression socks or stockings should be worn in the morning while lying down.
After forced bed rest, you should not quickly boost motor activity. You can get up by doing physical exercises in a sitting position. Hiking is recommended later on.
There is no special diet, but you should abandon heavy meat, fried and spicy foods, alcohol, beer. In the absence of hypertension and heart disease, the amount of incoming fluid with water and drink should be at least 1,5–2 l, the permitted amount of salt is up to 15 g.
Tinctures have good adaptogenic properties:
- ginseng root
- Schisandra chinensis.
With a mild course, they can be taken for a long time.
If the disease proceeds with frequent bouts of loss of consciousness, then the following is connected to the treatment:
- Ephedrine derivatives;
- Cerucal, Metindol for action on brain cells;
- a group of mineral corticoids;
The overall effect should increase the tone of the autonomic nervous system, retain water in the body.
Postural hypotension has various causes, and the type of treatment depends on this:
- withdrawal of drugs that lead to hypotension;
- patients with bed rest perform light exercises and sit down more often;
- greater salt intake. Salt contains sodium, which prevents water from leaving the body, and thereby increases pressure. Such treatment does not apply to the elderly and patients with cardiovascular disorders;
- if the root cause lies in the expansion of the muscles of the legs, it is advised to wear elastic stockings;
- for pregnant and elderly need to slowly get out of bed.
Stop taking drugs that cause hypotension
The chronic course of hypotension is regulated by the severe course of drugs:
- adaptogens stimulate the central nervous system;
- peripheral-acting adrenergic drugs constrict blood vessels to prevent sudden pressure surges when a person rises;
- mineralocorticoids increase spasm of peripheral vessels, also prevent a sharp drop in pressure due to a change in body position;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs spasm peripheral vessels;
- beta-blockers affect hormones secreted by the adrenal glands, leveling the water-salt balance and sodium, in order to prevent dehydration, increases vascular tone.
With frequent drops in pressure, you should not lie on the couch all the time, you need to move more. During physical activity, the brain and other organs are better supplied with oxygen.
Do not skip meals, especially breakfast, because it gives a boost of energy for the whole day. Do not abuse coffee, as you may become addicted to this drink.
Toning vessels and a cold shower perfectly tone. A safe and pleasant method of increasing pressure indicators is considered acupressure. Walking in the air helps to improve blood circulation. The most enjoyable way to normalize your blood pressure is to drink dark chocolate or sweet green tea.
Prevention of disease
Prevention will help minimize severe manifestation of orthostatic hypotension for a person, for this you only need to:
- Do not change the pose dramatically, especially when standing up. It is best to first sit in bed, and then get up;
- if a person is forced to observe bed rest, you need to do gymnastics while lying down;
- the complete exclusion of alcohol, drugs, nicotine and maintaining a healthy lifestyle;
- frequent meals in small portions, fractional varied nutrition;
- wellness exercises, walks in the fresh air;
- avoid hot climate;
- drink more tea and coffee.
The very first rule is to force yourself to move. If you have a day off, you need to go for a walk for 2-3 hours. You can’t lie on the sofa for a long time and then get up abruptly. If you have a problem such as dizziness, you need to get up slowly so as not to provoke a sharp drop in pressure. Strong physical activity is also contraindicated.
If a person suffering from orthostatic attacks has varicose veins, prolonged standing on the legs is contraindicated. You need to do light exercises in the morning, and in the evening raise your legs on a stand so that they are above head level.
In order to get rid of the symptoms of hypotension, drug treatment is not all. Of great importance is the prevention, which helps to minimize the manifestations of the disease. Orthostatic hypotension should be a strict prohibition for the patient to quickly jump out of bed or from a chair. It is recommended to slowly move to a sitting position, sit for several minutes, and then slowly get up, holding on to the furniture.
The principles of a healthy lifestyle can help normalize blood pressure:
- transition to healthy food with a diverse and complete composition. It is necessary to eat evenly throughout the day in small portions;
- walks in the air and moderate, but constant physical activity;
- it is necessary to move from an excessively hot climate or completely eliminate the influence of extremely high temperature. For example, this can be achieved using climate control systems at home and in the office.
In the case of a long injury or illness, for a long time laying the patient in bed, it is very important to timely prevent pressure problems. It is necessary to regularly do a set of physical exercises if there is a suspicion that orthostatic hypotension may occur as a result of the treatment and the rehabilitation process from the main injury.
In most cases of the disease, it may be sufficient to eliminate the causes leading to a decrease in pressure so that the patient’s condition returns to normal. But in some cases, a special course of treatment is prescribed, which is prescribed by the doctor.
In parallel with getting rid of unpleasant symptoms of hypotension, treatment of the underlying disease is also carried out if it causes problems with pressure.
So, with bleeding that can cause orthostatic hypotension, doctors prescribe a therapy designed to normalize intravascular blood volume. If side effects from taking medications are the cause of the disease state, the doctor can reduce their dose or replace them with another set of medications.
If the disease has already reached a chronic stage, and especially in the case of an elderly patient, the maximum emphasis in the development of a treatment program is on the exclusion of factors provoking hypotension. These include a sharp getting out of bed, regular intake of alcohol, drinking an insufficient amount of liquid.
In order to prevent hypotension, it is recommended to adjust the diet, do not get up sharply after waking up from bed, correctly combine rest and physical activity. Do not starve, eat small meals 6 times a day. Try to avoid stress and relax more. Visit the pool – water procedures will improve blood circulation and increase the tone of blood vessels.
Low pressure is not dangerous to human life, but it can significantly reduce its quality. That is why always monitor your health and do not ignore the body’s alarming signals, even if they seem trifling.
To eliminate the problem, medications alone are not enough. It is important to follow preventive measures that will relieve unpleasant symptoms and reduce the risk of complications. First of all, the patient should not get out of bed abruptly. It is very important to perform all actions smoothly and slowly. This will eliminate the unpleasant manifestations of the disease.
To normalize the pressure in the arteries recommend:
- refuse harmful products. Food should contain all the necessary vitamins and minerals;
- stroll in the fresh air and control the level of physical activity;
- Do not stay long in a stuffy room.
You can not take any measures without the knowledge of a doctor. Only he should prescribe drugs and other therapeutic methods.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.