Symptoms of left ventricular hypertrophy can be hidden for years. Experienced specialists identify some characteristic symptoms of left ventricular hypertrophy:
- Frequent increase in blood pressure (hypertension);
- The appearance of shortness of breath in an apparently healthy person;
- Fast fatiguability;
- Heart palpitations, or, conversely, a significant decrease in rhythm;
- Headaches, frequent dizziness;
- Frequent fainting;
- The appearance of “heart” cough;
- The occurrence of pain, or heaviness in the heart.
If such symptoms appear, you should immediately contact the appropriate specialist for diagnosis and making an accurate diagnosis.
Many people, when they detect signs of hypertrophy, try to be treated with folk remedies. It is impossible to say with certainty that they are ineffective, however, it is better to consult with your doctor. After all, it is the combined treatment with drugs and folk remedies that will achieve a quick and positive result.
Signs of left ventricular hypertrophy for a long time may not be felt. This is due to the fact that initially the walls retain their elasticity, which allows them to pump blood. In some cases, symptoms appear immediately. In others, signs of left ventricular hypertrophy with ECG are detected.
One of the main symptoms of this disease is the development of angina pectoris. In this case, pain appears in the heart, shortness of breath, as well as discomfort in the chest. It is compressive in nature and can be given under the collarbone, left arm or shoulder. At the beginning, attacks of pathology last for 5 minutes, however, as the walls thicken, their duration increases. Overeating, and excessive physical exertion can provoke the onset of this disease.
Other symptoms of left ventricular hypertrophy include the following:
- fading of the heart;
- high blood pressure;
- general weakness of the body;
Hypertrophy provokes significant changes that occur in the area of the walls of the left ventricle. A characteristic feature of the disease is that the expansion is distributed outward. Quite often, along with a thickening of the wall, a septum located between the ventricles also acquires a thickening.
The symptoms of the disease in question are characterized by heterogeneity of manifestations. In some cases, patients for many years may not even be aware that they have left ventricular hypertrophy, however, the option is not excluded, in which its very beginning for the patient is literally unbearable due to poor health.
The most common sign indicating left ventricular hypertrophy is angina pectoris, whose development occurs as a result of the compression of blood vessels that provide nutrition to the heart muscle. Ultimately, there is an increase in muscle size and its consumption of a larger amount of oxygen in combination with nutrients. In addition to this symptom, atrial fibrillation also occurs, manifestations in the form of atrial fibrillation and myocardial starvation are noted.
The correct therapy for any disease should be based on the cause of the occurrence. Therefore, it is very important not only to relieve symptoms, but also to eliminate the immediate cause of the disease. The attending physician should be involved in the preparation of the course of treatment.
It is worth noting that it is not recommended to use drugs on your own. This is very dangerous, since each organism has personal characteristics, which is manifested in intolerance to drugs. Therefore, taking certain drugs without consulting a doctor can only aggravate the nature of the disease.
Due to the beneficial medicinal properties of some plants, drug treatment can be supplemented with traditional medicine.
Many folk remedies in the treatment of left ventricular hypertrophy are based on medicinal herbs. This allows you to normalize the function of the heart and restore damaged structures. In addition, herbs significantly improve metabolic processes in the body.
Today, many herbs with medicinal value are used that can be used to treat left ventricular hypertrophy: tinctures on motherwort, hypericum and hawthorn, blueberry shoots, rosemary, cinnamon, berries and cranberry leaves, adonis, lily of the valley flowers, garlic.
In the treatment of alternative methods, it should be borne in mind that some hypertrophy drugs contain many different medicinal herbs, you must strictly observe the dosage of each ingredient for the preparation of tinctures or suspensions. This will avoid the risks of complications or aggravation of the nature of the disease.
It can be performed in several ways:
- coronary stenting;
- commissurotomy – with this method, the adhesions located at the mouth of the aorta, which are fused as a result of narrowing, are separated;
- transplantation or replacement of the aortic valve;
- Morrow operation, in which part of the myocardium is removed in the interventricular septum;
- mitral valve replacement.
If all this does not give the expected results, then establish a pacemaker or cardioverter-defibrillator, which should help restore normal heart function.
- Goat milk is very effective in treating left ventricular hypertrophy. To get the best result, you need to bring it to a boil, then pour into a thermos and let it brew for one night. After that, place the milk in the oven for 20 minutes and remove it when a brown froth appears.
- Red wine, perhaps, is not inferior in the effectiveness of treatment. Therefore, a tincture of wine and rosemary is considered a very popular way to eliminate signs of left ventricular hypertrophy. To do this, take 100 grams of rosemary and 2 liters of dry red wine. The mixture must be infused for one month. After that, it is taken in 50 ml daily for about two months.
- Tincture of parsley and wine vinegar. To prepare it, you need a liter of wine, 10 grams of parsley and 15 ml of ordinary wine vinegar. The wine should be brought to a boil over moderate heat, then add honey. Pour the ready-made broth into dark glass, put it in a cold place. You can apply 2 tablespoons three times a day.
- Garlic is twice passed through a meat grinder, mixed with honey until smooth. The resulting mass is transferred to a glass container, stored in a cold place (balcony, refrigerator). It is recommended to use three tablespoons before meals.
- A good remedy will be jam from strawberries. No wonder it is prescribed to people with diseases of the cardiovascular system. Fresh strawberries are cooked with sugar (in a proportion of 1 kg of berries 0,2 kg of sugar) for more than an hour over moderate heat, stirring constantly. You can eat ready-made jam in reasonable amounts
What is the best treatment for left ventricular hypertrophy? Like any disease – comprehensively. This makes sense with therapeutic methods. In any case, it is necessary to coordinate with the cardiologist or therapist the reception of traditional medicine. The following may be used in their quality:
- stalks of parsley in the form of a decoction in red wine – its bunch is added to 1 liter of dry wine with the addition of 3 tbsp. l wine vinegar, heated over a small fire with the addition of 300 ml of honey – 1 tbsp. l 4 times a day;
- St. John’s wort and honey infusion is prepared from 100 g of grass, poured with 2 liters of water, after which it boils for 10 minutes, and after cooling it is filtered, the intake is carried out 1/3 cup half an hour before a meal, adding 1 tbsp. l honey;
- garlic – it is crushed and mixed in equal proportions with honey, leaving to infuse for two weeks, periodically shaking the container in which the infusion is located, take 1 tsp. per day for a year.
You also need to consume baked milk for a long time, along with strawberry jam, dried apricots, raisins, dried fruits, grated cranberries with sugar.
To strengthen the walls of the ventricle, as well as to restore the functioning of the myocardium, it is very important to follow a diet:
- Reduce salt intake. It increases pressure, and this can cause strokes and ischemia.
- Take seafood daily – squid, shrimp, mussels, oysters, fish. They improve the condition of blood vessels, reduce the likelihood of a heart attack.
- Eat fresh vegetables, fruits, and dried fruits regularly. Bananas, dried apricots, dates, figs, apples, plums, pomegranates – all these products make the vessels elastic, relieve cramps with arterial hypertension, and remove harmful cholesterol.
- Exclude smoked meats, fatty foods from the diet – it increases the risk of heart disease due to trans fats.
Patients need to eat fractionally, little by little, consume carrot juice, give preference to mashed cereals. Exclude spices and spices from the diet.
An important role in the treatment and prevention of left ventricular hypertrophy of the heart is played by proper nutrition and a special diet. Despite the cause of the disease, all patients should adhere to a special diet. Its main principles:
- Changing the daily diet to a more healthy one, for this it is recommended to exclude fatty meat, confectionery, some types of fish.
- Refusal from seasonings and salt, and also from canned food.
- To diversify the diet with fresh vegetables and fruits, and it is advisable to steam them.
- The inclusion of a large number of seafood and dried fruits (dried apricots, raisins, walnuts).
For people suffering from LVH, experts recommend including in their daily diet:
- dairy products: kefir, milk, sour cream;
- vegetable fats;
- lean meat (mainly chicken), fish;
- diversify drinks: dried fruit compotes, berry fruit drinks, fresh juices.
The success of treatment and the prevention of the disease are largely determined by:
- refusal of bad habits;
- moderate physical activity;
- optimal diet, saturated with vitamins, fiber, calcium, magnesium, vegetable fats with a minimum of sugars, salt, fat, muffin.
People who have undergone such a disease should periodically undergo monitoring observations by a cardiologist.
The following products should be excluded from the diet of patients:
- containing a significant amount of animal fat;
- bakery products;
- limit salt intake.
In large quantities, you need to include the following products:
- dairy products;
- fruits and vegetables;
Prohibited Products List
It is not recommended for people with left ventricular hypertrophy to consume:
- A lot of fluid;
- Sweet pastries and desserts;
- Animal fat, fat.
Everything fatty, fried, spicy and spicy should be excluded from the daily diet. It is very important to switch to a diet, while eating only healthy foods that are allowed by your doctor. Food should be fractional: 4-6 times a day and always in small portions. It is not recommended to eat tightly after 19.00 o’clock in the evening, as this loads the body systems tired for the day.
Adhering to the prescribed medication, folk treatment and a special diet, you can very quickly achieve the desired effect and eliminate the causes of hypertrophy.
Even despite the fact that at present hypertrophic changes in the left ventricle of the heart are increasingly being diagnosed, the disease can and should be properly treated. Therefore, now everyone should closely monitor not only their health, but also their loved ones and relatives. Remember that it is very important to notice the disease in time and start the right treatment.
Left ventricular hypertrophy should be recognized early. This will avoid the consequences threatening human health. People who suspect they have cardiovascular problems should periodically visit a cardiologist to undergo regular examinations. Only a professional will be able to correctly read the ECG and prescribe an effective treatment that can be both therapeutic and surgical. Alternative medicine can also be used. Its most effective means is the infusion of St. John’s wort with honey.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,