The selection of medicines is carried out according to an individual scheme:
- If the patient has systemic atherosclerosis with intermittent claudication, then in addition to vasodilator drugs, statins or fibrates are used;
- In autoimmune pathology, obliterating endarteritis, in addition to drugs to expand the vascular lumen, physiotherapeutic methods and immunostimulating therapy are prescribed;
- With arterial spasms of the vessels of the legs, sedatives are used in the treatment, in combination with vasodilator drugs;
- With the development of the pathology of diabetes mellitus, treatment is carried out according to an individual scheme in accordance with the glucose index and type of diabetes;
- With varicose veins, the use of a vasodilator drug occurs according to a different scheme, as in the treatment of arterial pathology.
The doctor must carefully choose a comprehensive treatment
- How to recognize the disease at an early stage?
- Operating principle
- Pathologies affecting the vessels of the legs
- Angioprotectors – for the expansion of blood vessels in the legs
- Conservative therapy for leg pain
- Antispasmodics of myotropic type
- Alpha blockers
- Biogenic type stimulants
- Treatment for varicose veins
- Detralex: how to take?
- Thrombophlebitis and phlebitis of the lower extremities
- Endarteritis of the legs
- Preparations for diabetics
How to recognize the disease at an early stage?
As practice shows, most of the diseases detected at an early stage are easily cured, but only not all patients turn in time for help. You can recognize the development of a serious illness at an early stage by the following symptoms:
- lower limbs get tired quickly;
- often legs cramp;
- an ache;
- swelling and heaviness;
- discomfort when climbing stairs;
- burning sensation;
- dilated veins visible to the eye;
- spider veins.
All these signs indicate the onset of the development of the disease, so it is important to immediately seek help and start taking medications for the veins and vessels of the legs, which will help remove symptoms and prevent the development of the disease.
The effect of vasodilating medications is aimed at decreasing the tone of the arterial membranes.
Violation in the arteries of the lower extremities is associated with such serious pathologies:
- Systemic atherosclerosis;
- Hypertonic disease;
- Thrombosis or thrombophlebitis;
There are such areas of vasodilator drugs:
- Myotropic drugs that affect the smooth muscle fibers of the arterial membranes;
- Neurotropic drugs that have properties affecting the cells of nerve fibers;
- The group of drugs is nitrates: these are drugs with a combined effect on the bloodstream system.
Pathologies affecting the vessels of the legs
Blood circulation in the legs can be caused by such diseases:
- atherosclerosis of the leg vessels;
All these diseases can cause serious consequences, so it is better to start therapy as soon as possible. After an accurate confirmation of the diagnosis, the doctor will take into account concomitant diseases and prescribe medications for the vessels of the legs, which will help quickly and effectively solve the problem.
Angioprotectors – for the expansion of blood vessels in the legs
Angioprotectors are medications that have a vasodilating effect on the bloodstream.
These medications can have such an effect on the arteries of the lower extremities:
- Improve blood flow in the great vessels, as well as in smaller arteries and in the capillary network on the legs;
- Reduce the permeability of the arterial membranes;
- Reduce blood viscosity in the limbs, which prevents the formation of blood clots on the endothelium.
The properties of the vasodilator medication are as follows:
- Reduces vascular tone in the legs;
- Expands arterial lumen on the extremities;
- Improves blood counts and its composition.
Trental is prescribed for diabetes. The course of treatment and related drugs are prescribed by the attending doctor individually.
The drug Curantil has such an effect on the blood flow of the lower extremities:
- Restoration of microcirculation in the vessels of the limbs;
- The Drug Prevents Bonding of Platelet Molecules That Becomes a good prevention of the formation of intra-arterial blood clots;
- The drug is prescribed for the prevention, as well as in the treatment of such pathologies – thrombosis in the arteries of the lower extremities, thrombophlebitis of the veins of the legs, thromboembolism of the vessels of the legs and arms;
- The maximum dosage of the vasodilator Curantil is 600,0 milligrams per day.
They help normalize blood flow, strengthen the walls of blood vessels and increase the tone of venous walls. Preparations of this group are divided into natural and synthetic. Herbal pills are considered more sparing for the body, they have fewer contraindications and undesirable manifestations.
Recently, doctors have opted for drugs such as Detralex, Pentoxifylline, which most patients have only positive reviews.
Conservative therapy for leg pain
How the therapy will go and what kind of medicine the doctor recommends for treating the vessels of the legs depends on the specific disease and stage of development. There are several groups of drugs that are often used by doctors to treat lower limb problems. These include:
- myotropic antispasmodics;
Each patient who has their own problem is given a diagnosis and a comprehensive treatment is selected that will not only remove the symptoms, but also the cause of the disease.
Today, pharmacists offer a wide selection of drugs that help effectively cope with foot diseases. Doctors often give preference to time-tested drugs for blood clots in the vessels of the legs, but new modern ones are no less effective. Technology does not stand still, thanks to which there are funds that help even in advanced cases. All funds are divided into groups, and only the doctor decides what exactly to recommend to this or that patient. What medicine for the vessels of the legs to choose?
Antispasmodics of myotropic type
These medications help relieve spasm, help dilate the veins, and help improve blood circulation in the vessels. But there is one significant minus, these drugs help more if they are taken for preventive purposes, because they only affect healthy sections of the veins, and those affected by the disease bypass. The most effective among them are Drotaverin, Papaverin, Neobutin.
Antispasmodics have this property of affecting the body:
- Relieve vascular spasms;
- Expand arterial lumen;
- Increase the flow of blood to the lower extremities;
- Myotropic drugs do not affect blood vessels, as well as veins affected by systemic atherosclerosis or varicose veins, which makes them ineffective in the development of pathologies that also cause venous and arterial spasms.
The drug Halidor is an antispasmodic, which is also prescribed in the treatment of pathologies of the peripheral blood flow.
Also, the drug has such an effect on the bloodstream:
- The drug has the properties of a tranquilizer;
- The anesthetic properties of Halidor make it possible to prescribe it not only for the treatment of blood flow in the lower extremities.
Galidor injections to improve blood circulation in the extremities are also available in tablet form. The daily dose of the drug is 400,0 milligrams.
The drug Papaverine is the most used drug from the group of antispasmodics, which quickly copes with vascular spasm and quickly expands arteries in the lower extremities.
The drug is available in tablet form, as an injection into muscle fibers, as well as antispasmodic suppositories.
Injection dose for 1 time of use – 10,0 – 20,0 milligrams, tablet dose – 40,0 – 60,0 milligrams, the use of suppositories (rectal use) – dosage of 20,0 – 40,0 milligrams.
Preparations of the anticoagulant group are prescribed for acute pathologies in the arteries of the limbs. Vasodilator medicines of the anticoagulant group are blood plasma thinners and prevent blood flow from the formation of blood clots and blood clots on the endothelium in the arterial lumen.
This medication is used for such vascular pathologies:
- Thrombophlebitis of the veins on the limbs;
- Thrombosis of the main arteries of the legs;
- Pathology of thromboembolism;
- Embolism of peripheral arteries;
- A vasodilating ointment with heparin is used in the treatment of hemorrhoidal nodes.
Properties of the drug Heparin:
- Reduces the process of gluing platelet molecules in plasma blood;
- Improves the speed of blood flow in the bloodstream;
- It affects the hemostatic system and prevents the rapid coagulation of plasma blood.
Prescribe drugs of this group with caution, because anticoagulants can become bleeding agents.
They cannot, like thrombolytics, destroy the already formed thrombus, but they perfectly prevent its formation by diluting blood, and remove the narrowing of the vessel. These drugs include Heparin, Trental – a medicine for a dropper for the vessels of the legs, which helps to increase the lumen in the veins, reduces the risk of thrombosis and improves tissue nutrition.
Thrombolytic medicines do not prevent the formation of blood clots, but fight existing blood clots, resolving them.
This medication is used for such complex pathologies:
- With pathology, pulmonary embolism;
- Blood obstruction in the peripheral parts of the bloodstream system;
- Occlusion of trunk of limbs;
- Pathology of thrombosis in the acute stage of development in the vessels of the limbs.
The drug Urokinase is available as an injection solution for drip into the body.
After using a vasodilating thrombolytic in the treatment, it is necessary to undergo a drug course with drugs from the group of anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents.
These drugs are an emergency for many patients. They have the ability to dissolve a blood clot that has already appeared in the vessel. Thrombosis causes a blockage of the veins, their anatomy implies that a blood clot can provoke a serious complication – ischemia and vascular obstruction. For the treatment of lower extremities, doctors often recommend taking Urokinase, Fibrinolysin, or Streptokinase.
This group includes “Phentolamine”, “Nicergoline”, which block the receptors located on the vascular machines. Therefore, they prevent adrenaline from binding to adrenoreceptors. This connection causes a sharp narrowing of the lumen of the walls of the vessels and stenosis of the veins. In addition to these drugs, it is recommended to take calcium antagonists, for example, Nifedipine or Verapamil, to prevent the development of stenosis, help to remove blood viscosity and normalize blood flow to strengthen the vessels of the legs. All these funds belong to one large group – vasolidators.
The group of vasodilators includes:
- Medicines antagonists of calcium tubules;
- Alpha-adrenergic blocking drugs.
Appointment depends on the developing pathology, as well as on the degree of its progression.
This group of drugs blocks the entry of calcium molecules through the calcium tubules into the cells of the choroid from the blood. A commonly used drug of calcium antagonists is Nifedipine.
Nifedipine is prescribed for such pathologies:
- Blood flow insufficiency in the lower extremities and on the arms;
- Hypertonic disease;
- Pathology of thrombosis;
- Systemic atherosclerosis.
Alpha-adrenergic blocking drug group – these are drugs that act as adrenergic receptors located on the arterial endothelium of the lower extremities.
For the treatment of peripheral vessels, the drug adrenergic blocker Nicergoline is used. Nicergoline has the following effects:
- The speed of blood movement in the trunk of the limbs increases;
- The percentage of platelet adhesion is reduced, which helps to avo >
The drug is sold in tablet form and in powder form for the preparation of an injection solution.
The dosage is calculated by the attending doctor strictly individually.
Effectively treats pathologies of the vessels of the legs, the drug Phentolamine.
The drug is prescribed for such pathologies:
- If there is a violation of blood flow in the legs;
- With the development of trophic ulcers;
- With frostbite of the legs;
- With non-healing wounds on the arms and legs.
Biogenic type stimulants
The group of stimulants of the biogenic type includes the drugs often used to treat pathologies of the lower extremities: Solcoseryl and Actovegin.
The drug is available in the form of an injection solution for internal use in muscle fibers and ointments for external use in trophic ulcers.
Actovegin medicine also consists of drawing blood from young calves.
- Strengthening the speed of blood movement;
- Expansion of the vascular lumen;
- Healing trophic wounds.
Assign Actovegin for such pathologies:
- Violation in the main bloodstream of the legs;
- With systemic atherosclerosis;
- With pathology, diabetes;
- With trophic ulcers.
Medicines in this group prevent blood flow from the formation of blood clots and lower the viscosity of plasma blood.
The most prescribed antiplatelet agent is Aspirin. In small quantities, it dilutes plasma blood, and the use of large doses reduces inflammation in the body.
Medicines to improve blood circulation are an essential component in the treatment of various disorders of blood circulation.
In addition, of course, we should not forget about observing additional measures in the fight against the disease: proper nutrition, appropriate physical activity, etc.
Vasodilating drugs are prescribed only by the attending doctor in accordance with the diagnostic indications.
Treatment for varicose veins
Therapy for varicose veins in the legs should be comprehensive. Most often, doctors use drugs that help normalize the tone of veins, increase circulation and outflow of lymphoid fluid as a medicine for the vessels of the legs. For the treatment of varicose veins, doctors focus on the following groups of medicines:
- Venotonic. They help strengthen the veins in the legs, prevent blood clots and thin the blood. Good results were shown by such drugs: Phlebodia, Detralex, Eskuzan.
- Medications for cleansing blood vessels in the legs and preventing blood clots. Doctors prefer tablets containing aspirin, such as Cardiomagnyl.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed in order to relieve inflammation, often recommended for patients with vein dilatation. This group includes Indomethacin, Diclofenac.
- If edema is observed with varicose veins, then the doctor may additionally recommend taking Venosmin.
All the above medicines for veins and blood vessels on the legs should be prescribed only by a doctor who not only conducts an examination, but also learns about all concomitant diseases and will monitor the therapy.
For a long time, with problems with veins in the legs, doctors have advised Aspirin patients, but only in combination with other drugs. If the recommended dosage is strictly observed, then the medicine for blood clots in the vessels of the legs helps. It should be taken every 4 hours for 1 tablet, while you can not drink more than 8 pills per day.
Detralex: how to take?
This drug has long been used to treat varicose veins of the lower extremities. It helps to increase the tone and elasticity of the walls of the veins, and also removes congestion. Take it twice a day, two tablets at a time. The course depends on the severity of the disease. If the disease was detected at the initial stage, then it will be enough to take medicine for the joints of the legs for only 2-3 weeks. If blood clots were detected during the examination, then the time of admission should be at least six months. But this issue is being discussed with the attending physician.
This drug is contraindicated for children and adolescents under 18 years of age, as well as for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. Detralex is easily tolerated by the body, but in some cases allergic reactions, dizziness and digestive disorders can occur.
This drug is available in several forms: tablets, injections and ointments. For problems with leg veins, it is necessarily used as part of complex therapy. Diclofenac helps relieve pain and inflammation, and also prevents thrombosis. Tablets are drunk after meals, 1 pill twice a day, and ointment is applied to the feet.
This medicine has many contraindications, so before taking it, it is better to consult with your doctor. The drug is not suitable for long-term therapy.
Thrombophlebitis and phlebitis of the lower extremities
Thrombophlebitis is a disease that affects the veins of the legs, in which a thrombus forms in the lumen of the vessels, provoked by an inflammatory process on the venous wall. Specialists call this disease inflammation and thrombosis of superficial veins. If the pathology has affected deep veins, then in this case the diagnosis is phlebothrombosis or vascular thrombosis. If inflammation is fixed, but there is no thrombus, then it is phlebitis.
Most often, the pathology affects the veins of the lower extremities, it cannot be cured on its own, only an integrated approach will give good results.
Endarteritis of the legs
This is a serious ailment that constantly progresses in the arteries of the lower extremities and leads to the fact that the lumen in them is significantly narrowed, blood flow is disturbed and gangrene develops. It is the vessels of the legs that are most often susceptible to this ailment.
The symptomatology of the disease manifests itself more in middle-aged and older men who abuse smoking. Treatment of the disease gives an effect only if pathology is detected at an early stage, when the tissues are deeply affected and gangrene develops, then only amputation is indicated, no medicine for the vessels of the legs will help the patient.
Preparations for diabetics
Patients with diabetes often have leg problems. In such patients, vessels of not only the lower extremities, but also the whole body, suffer. The medicine for the vessels of the legs in diabetes is very difficult to pick up, because this disease can be of the first and second type. Such patients often have edema, because metabolic processes in the body are impaired. To remove puffiness, doctors recommend taking Papaverine, Nifedipine, or Enalapril.
To eliminate the pain syndrome it is allowed to use:
- thioctic acid derivatives;
- vitamins of group B;
- local anesthetics;
For the healing of trophic defects, antimicrobials are used, such as Betadine, Curiosin, Solcoseryl or Levomekol.
Choosing a medicine for the vessels of the legs for diabetes or for patients who do not have this diagnosis, the attending doctor must definitely. Self-medication in such cases can cause irreparable harm. Even after the drug was prescribed by a specialist, you still need to personally study the instructions, perhaps when talking to a doctor, the patient forgot to mention his other diseases, and he should not take this medicine. Any unwanted manifestations during therapy must be reported to the doctor.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.