Discharge with cystitis in women is accompanied by various symptoms, ranging from a rise in temperature and ending with a change in their color, and may indicate the development of inflammation. Depending on the degree of neglect of the process, these symptoms can have varying degrees of severity.
It is important to understand that any inflammatory process requires immediate treatment and supervision by specialists.
Causes of discharge with cystitis
Increased secretion in cystitis indicates the development of an inflammatory process and damage to neighboring organs. Most often, uncharacteristic leucorrhoea is observed when cystitis is accompanied by urethritis – inflammation of the urinary tract.
In addition, such a phenomenon may indicate the transition of inflammation to the vaginal area. In this case, there is a risk of damage to the uterus and appendages. Discharge can occur in the form of bleeding or be spotting.
Most often, a symptom is provoked by the following possible reasons:
- endocrine disorders,
- severe irritation of the bladder, urethra, or genitals,
- the presence of genital infections,
- long-term use of medications, etc.
Discharge after cystitis indicates that the disease has not been cured to the end. It is worth noting that in men, a similar problem with urethral discharge is much less common.
Types of discharge
Leucorrhoea with cystitis is not a characteristic sign of the disease. They usually indicate the development of complications. It is also worth noting that the abundance of the secret may vary depending on the time of day and the woman’s activity. In any case, you need to visit a doctor who will tell you which discharge may be the norm for cystitis, and which ones cause concern.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Bloody discharge may indicate damage to both the urethra and the cervix. This symptom requires a thorough examination and a series of tests.
Important! The presence of bleeding in cystitis in women, regardless of the time of their appearance and abundance, indicates that there are damaged areas on the mucous membrane.
Bloody discharge with a pinkish tinge is observed when blood from the urethra after urination is mixed with mucus from the vagina. This can give the impression that the source of the problem is in the vagina. In addition, this shade may indicate an inflammation of the cervix.
Dark brown discharge is more of a concern than pinkish discharge. Usually, finding dark spots on your underwear indicates that an infection has entered the uterus. At the same time, the risk of developing diseases such as adenomyosis or erosion of the cervix increases several times.
White discharge during cystitis
White discharge may indicate the development of thrush. In this case, a woman may experience severe itching in the genital area and burning. The development of thrush with cystitis is due to a decrease in the general immunity of a woman, as well as in the case of inflammation of the bladder, provoked by fungi.
Transparent leucorrhoea can occur in the case of hormonal disorders or in violation of the menstrual cycle. In addition, excessively abundant discharge may indicate a violation of the vaginal microflora due to the multiplication of pathogenic microorganisms. If such vaginal leucorrhoea does not have an unpleasant odor and blotches of pus or mucus, then there is no particular cause for concern. This symptom will go away on its own as soon as the source of inflammation is eliminated.
A similar symptom may be accompanied by:
- severe itching of the genitals,
- unpleasant odor. It may be strange, sour, or smell like rotten fish.
- discoloration of leucorrhoea up to yellow, greenish or completely dark green.
This condition indicates that inflammation from the bladder has passed into the uterus. In this case, diseases such as bacterial vaginosis, mycoplasmosis and others can occur. In this case, a consultation with a gynecologist, a full examination and a set of tests are required.
How to get rid of discharge
First of all, it should be understood that it is possible to completely get rid of pathological leucorrhoea only if the original source of the problem is eliminated. For this, a complex of drugs is prescribed, including for the restoration of the vaginal microflora.
As medicines can be used:
- Antibiotics – these drugs suppress pathogenic microflora. Among these are Metronidazole and Flemoxin. These drugs are effective not only against cystitis, but also against inflammatory processes occurring in the genitals.
- Antispasmodics – help relieve spasms and soreness with cystitis. Usually, experts prescribe Drotaverin, Papaverin and No-shpa.
- Diuretic drugs – drugs in this group fight edema and speed up the process of removing toxins.
- Vaginal suppositories – fight infection in the vagina. They are selected individually for each patient based on the diagnosis and test results.
If necessary, antipyretic drugs, such as Nurofen, may be prescribed.
Restoration of the microflora of the vagina
To restore the microflora of the vagina, the following can be used:
- candles Bifidumbacterin, Lactobacterin, Kipferon and others,
- tablets Lactogin, Lactonorm, etc.,
- gels, such as Floragin.
Usually, to achieve a full effect, specialists resort to a combination of several types of drugs at once. It is important to understand that this or that drug is selected individually. In addition, some medicines may be contraindicated in pregnant women.
Physiotherapy can speed up the healing process, increase the effectiveness of drugs and relieve pain. Common procedures include:
- magnetophoresis – during the procedure, a special gel is injected into the bladder by means of a magnetic field,
- electrophoresis – the procedure allows you to relieve inflammation, accelerates metabolic processes in tissues,
- ultrasound – during the procedure, there is a negative effect on the pathogenic microflora and its death occurs. In addition, the effect of relaxing muscle tissue is achieved and spasms disappear.
Important! Any physiotherapy procedures are prescribed exclusively by the attending physician. Since most of them are based on changes in metabolic processes in tissues, it is important to undergo a complete medical examination before starting treatment.
The following rules will help to avoid the development of the inflammatory process:
- Wash yourself regularly using special products.
- Change your tampons and pads every 3 hours.
- Protect yourself while intimate with new partners.
- Wear comfortable underwear.
Prevention of discharge
You can reduce the risk of developing secretions with cystitis by observing these rules:
- treat colds and gynecological diseases in time,
- drink enough water throughout the day
- observe the regime of rest and nutrition,
- take vitamin complexes,
- do not hold back the urge to urinate for a long time.
Despite the fact that vaginal discharge is the norm for the female body, nevertheless, their change may indicate the development of a serious inflammatory process. With cystitis, a similar problem signals the spread of the inflammatory process to the genital area.
This condition requires careful monitoring and complex treatment. Only an experienced specialist will be able to answer you if there is discharge with cystitis.