After removing the hemorrhoid cones surgically, it is foolish to immediately wait for relief. The process of recovery and recovery is often accompanied by inflammation. To prevent this, it is necessary to continue to be treated even after surgery. Treatment after removal of hemorrhoidal nodes involves some procedures, for example, you should take herbal baths and put rectal suppositories, which will help heal and heal more quickly.
Complications after surgery for hemorrhoids do not always appear immediately, sometimes it takes up to several months before a person begins to bother something. It is difficult to predict the occurrence of complications, even if the specialist performed the operation at the highest level, this does not guarantee that everything will go smoothly in the postoperative period.
Radical removal of hemorrhoidal nodes is carried out by the surgical method. Careful adherence to medical recommendations is important to completely eliminate the effects of hemorrhoids and avoid relapse of the disease. The patient will undergo a course of rehabilitation treatment with a change in lifestyle to prevent complications.
Radical removal of hemorrhoidal nodes is carried out by the surgical method.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
- How much heals
- Physical exercise
- Relapse of inflammation of the anal nodes is treated
- Contraindications to surgery
- Is it possible to identify the problem in time?
- Minimally invasive techniques (bloodless operations)
- How to help with a sharp exacerbation?
- Radical methods: preparation for surgery
- Pain syndrome
- Wound healing
- Preparations after surgery
- Before operation
- The appearance of fistulas
- Fear of pain
- Nutrition and Diet
- What to eat?
- How many days and how long does hemorrho >
How much heals
- The duration of rehabilitation after surgery depends on the severity of the inflammatory process, the method of surgical intervention, concomitant diseases and the patient’s health status.
- After any method of removing hemorrhoids: after ligation of hemorrhoids, sclerosis, cryodestruction, coagulation, restoration takes from 3 weeks to a month, while the wound heals and heals in 10 days.
- Recovery from hemorrhoids after surgery in the classical way takes up to 4-5 weeks.
The healing period includes continued treatment with the use of medications on an outpatient basis.
With a favorable course of the postoperative period, after 1,5-2 months, working capacity is restored, and the patient can lead a full life.
Recovery from hemorrhoids after surgery in the classical way takes up to 4-5 weeks.
The rehabilitation period depends on the individual characteristics of the body and the implementation of postoperative rules by the patient. Key recovery recommendations:
- bed rest;
- taking medications;
- care for the operated area and compliance with hygiene rules;
- proper nutrition;
- physical activity and physical activity;
- the use of special devices to relieve tension in the anal area.
After removal of hemorrhoids, the following actions are prohibited for the period prescribed by the doctor:
- sit after surgery until the stitches are removed;
- thermal effects and water procedures affecting the wound: sauna, bath, baths;
- weight lifting, active movements and physical activity;
- smoking and drinking.
Proper care of the anal area provides accelerated healing and restoration of damaged tissues. In the uncomplicated course of the rehabilitation period, it is necessary to adhere to simple rules to ensure cleanliness and prevention of infection. The following should be done daily:
- carry out washing in the morning and evening, be sure after each bowel movement;
- exclude the use of toilet paper;
- wipe the area of the anus with slow and accurate movements, without pulling and rubbing the skin;
- use a soft cotton cloth or paper towel to wipe it;
- for washing, use hypoallergenic and natural intimate gels or liquid soap;
- Do not use any cosmetics: creams, powders;
- daily change underwear, giving preference to natural fabrics of loose cut without rough seams;
- always carry wet wipes to care for your intimate area in case you use the toilet outside the house.
You can wash yourself with hemorrhoids with decoctions of herbs. The procedures are carried out after visiting the toilet and at night with the following infusions:
You can also use a solution of potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate).
Medicinal herbs have the following therapeutic effect:
- relieve inflammation;
- eliminate pain;
- stimulate wound healing;
- prevent infection and bleeding;
- clean and eliminate unpleasant odors.
You can wash yourself with hemorrhoids using a solution of potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate).
The regimen of motor activity is set by the doctor depending on the vastness of the surgical intervention, the age and general condition of the patient. General recommendations include the following:
- compliance with bed rest lasting from 1 day to a week;
- performing breathing exercises, body turns, light sipping, relaxation and tension of the limbs;
- when sitting, use a special pillow for hemorrhoids.
If the tissues are restored in a planned manner and there are no complications, the patient should gradually begin walking for a duration of no more than 15 minutes. In the future, the duration of the walks increases.
Kegel gymnastics, yoga and a special set of exercises for hemorrhoids are used to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic region and improve blood circulation. To prevent complications, all types of physical activity are selected by the attending physician individually for each patient.
The main acceptable deadlines for performing physical actions after surgery to remove hemorrhoids:
- climbing and descending stairs – after 2 months;
- within 6-8 weeks do not lift more than 2 kg;
- sports activities in the hall do not start earlier than after 3 months;
- intimate contacts resume after 3-4 weeks without undue overstrain.
After removal of hemorrhoids, patients may experience pain, inflammation, constipation and cramping. To eliminate negative manifestations and alleviate the condition, medicines are prescribed: ointments, tablets, injections, suppositories after surgery. The following groups of drugs are used:
- analgesics – relieve pain;
- antispasmodics – eliminate spasms and facilitate bowel movements;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory – eliminate inflammation and reduce pain;
- anticoagulants – prevent stagnation of blood;
- venotonics – improve blood circulation, eliminate swelling;
- corticosteroids – relieve severe pain and eliminate inflammation;
- Laxatives – improve the passage of food and facilitate bowel movements.
After removal of hemorrhoids, the patient should follow a diet with a minimum amount of toxins.
Clinical nutrition is aimed at restoring the body, reducing the load on the intestines, easy emptying and prevention of constipation.
Basic rules for cooking and eating food:
- fractional nutrition at the same time 5-6 times a day;
- breaks between meals no more than 3-4 hours;
- avoid overeating;
- products can be stewed, boiled, baked in the oven, steamed.
The use of products such as:
- porridges on the water;
- low-fat varieties of meat and fish;
- whole wheat bread;
- low-fat dairy products;
- boiled or baked vegetables;
- dried fruits and berries in the form of compotes and decoctions;
- vegetable oil;
- herbal teas.
During the recovery period, foods and dishes that are difficult for digestion and cause increased gas formation are excluded from the diet:
- fatty and fried;
- smoked meats, offal and semi-finished products;
- high fat dairy products;
- alcoholic and carbonated drinks.
The postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoids can be accompanied by such complications:
- anal itching and pain in the anus;
- narrowing of the anus;
- urinary impairment;
- fecal and gas incontinence;
- infection and suppuration of the wound;
- prolapse of the rectum;
- pelvic inflammation;
The postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoids may be accompanied by anal itching and pain in the anus.
The opinions of people who have undergone surgical removal of hemorrhoids are positive.
Alevtina, 45 years old, Penza: “Diet and the use of drugs are the main components of recovery!”
Ilya, 39 years old, Krasnodar: “Although rehabilitation was difficult (I spent 2 weeks in the hospital, I drank analgesics for a month), but I’m happy with the operation! The disease has passed, and also lost weight. “
Nina, 30 years old, Stavropol: “After giving birth, hemorrhoids worsened greatly, even no treatment helped. I had to agree to the operation. Only now I live and rejoice, I can safely take care of the child. “
The patient needs recovery after surgery to remove hemorrhoids, since surgery is only part of the radical therapy.
The duration of the recovery period is determined by the stage of the disease, the size of the damage caused to the body and the method of the operation. Rehabilitation is a complex of procedures and measures recommended for the patient to perform.
Ignoring the healing treatment leads to unpleasant consequences.
Hemorrhoidectomy, that is, surgical removal of hemorrhoids formed as a result of hemorrhoids, is practically the only option for the complete cure of the patient at stage 3-4 of the disease.
So that after the operation to remove hemorrhoids the entire healing process takes place in the shortest possible time, it is necessary to adhere to the recommendations of the attending physician.
The rehabilitation period will go without complications if the patient is aware in advance about all the nuances of the body’s recovery process.
Removal of hemorrhoids, or rather hemorrhoidal nodes, is currently carried out in advanced cases. Minimally invasive techniques are very popular, such as sclerotation, photocoagulation, ligation. Such treatment methods make the postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoids easily leaking. The very next day, in the absence of complications, the patient can already sit.
But not always removal of hemorrhoids is possible in minimally invasive ways. And then the only treatment option is hemorrhoidectomy, a surgical intervention performed in different ways.
Relapse of inflammation of the anal nodes is treated
The internal hemorrhoid comes out of the anus.
- lack of results from conservative therapy (this is indicated after three months of ineffective drug treatment);
- 3-4 stage of hemorrhoidal disease with large nodes of any localization;
- non-guided prolapse of hemorrhoid cones from the rectum with thrombosis, strangulation, necrosis or heavy uncontrolled bleeding;
- the addition of inflammation of the periorectal tissues;
- fistulous passages, deep anal fissures;
- severe pain with bowel movements, walking, physical effort;
- swelling of the anal ring;
- weakening of the tone of the anus, incontinence;
- copious mucous discharge from the anus, forcing the use of pads in everyday life.
The only way to avoid fatal complications in such situations is the timely radical removal of hemorrhoidal caverns.
Surgery to remove hemorrhoidal nodes in any of the options can have complications that occur several hours or days after the operation, as well as months later. The most common negative consequences that occur immediately after the intervention are:
- severe pain that requires the appointment of painkillers, up to narcotic. In the rectum, in the area around the anus, a large number of nerve endings are concentrated. Therefore, it is logical that after the end of the anesthesia, patients have a pronounced soreness. If the threshold of pain sensitivity is low – this is a real torment;
- urinary retention in the first days after surgery, especially in older men. The risk of development increases with the use of epidural anesthesia. The problem is catheterized;
- psychogenic constipation (fear of divergence of joints, artificial inhibition of defecation) – is corrected by the selection of an individual diet, laxatives, with sphincter spasm, the use of nitroglycerin ointment is indicated;
- bleeding – possibly at any period of rehabilitation, due to improper suturing, the appearance of anal fissures or trauma to the rectal mucosa by fecal masses. You can stop the blood using local preparations with adrenaline, a hemostatic sponge or repeated flashing of bleeding vessels;
- suppuration of sutures – the result of non-observance of intimate hygiene, accession of a secondary infection, is adjusted by antibiotic therapy, the use of local disinfectants (Levomekol, ichthyol ointment, Vishnevsky ointment). In severe cases, the opening and washing of a festering wound is indicated.
Delayed complications can be considered:
- fistulous passages – the result of infection of subcutaneous fat with the development of inflammation, suppuration: the question is solved only promptly. Complications are dangerous with the development of sepsis;
- narrowing of the anus – the result of incorrect suturing, is corrected by mechanical expansion for a long time or by plastic of the anus;
- weakness of the anal sphincter, prolapse of the rectal mucosa – occurs as a result of trauma to the nerve endings located in the anus. Most often, the work of the sphincter is restored with the help of a medicine, in difficult situations an operation is required.
Almost all complications depend on the skill of the surgeon or the individual characteristics of the patient.
All patient actions after surgery to remove hemorrhoids are aimed at preventing recurrence of pathology. The possibility of relapse arises as a result of:
- physical inactivity;
- unbalanced diet;
- alcohol abuse after the end of the recovery period;
- high physical exertion.
Despite the fact that surgical intervention completely eliminates the problem of hemorrhoids, the patient must follow important rules that combat the causes of relapse, namely:
- proper drinking regimen;
- strict diet;
- control of constipation, including the use of laxatives;
- bowel movement in any urge to defecate;
- maintaining one body weight;
- dosed physical activity.
This is a healthy lifestyle scheme for a patient operated on for hemorrhoids for the rest of his life. Otherwise, no operation can guarantee the return of the pathology.
Higher medical education. 30 years of working experience in practical medicine.
More about the author
Last Updated: November 19, 2019
To avoid the consequences of hemorrhoids after surgery, it is important to follow the diet and the doctor’s instructions. In this case, rehabilitation will pass quickly and without complications. You need to understand that rehabilitation after removal of hemorrhoids with a laser or any other minimally invasive method will last less and will be easier. As a rule, it lasts only a week.
With a full surgical intervention, it will take 1,5 months to recover. It is necessary to continue treating hemorrhoids after surgery in order to restore damaged mucous tissues faster and stop the inflammatory process. Postoperative therapy is prescribed by the attending physician.
After the operation, closed hemorrhoidal nodes disturb blood circulation. Such a pathological process does not affect the tissues of the anal area, but contributes to bloating of the veins. Against the background of pathological changes, isolated hemorrhoids are formed. Prerequisites for the resumption of hemorrhoids after surgery are:
- regular exercise;
- obstructed bowel movement;
- oncological neoplasms in the gastrointestinal tract;
- decreased elasticity of the vascular walls;
- patrimonial activity;
- diseases of the internal organs.
Hemorrhoids after surgery can also occur with changes in connective tissues. The reasons for this process include:
- non-compliance with the diet;
- psychological stress;
- alternating constipation and diarrhea;
- bacterial infections.
|Anuzol||Eliminates itching and inflammation|
|Diclofenac||Eliminates the inflammatory process, anesthetizes|
|“Proctoglivenol”||Relieves burning pain|
|Hepatrombin G||Reduces bleeding tendency, accelerates regeneration|
|Ultraproct||Promotes rapid healing of the mucosa|
|Vishnevsky ointment||Prevents the development of purulent process|
|Levomekol||Promotes resorption of venous stasis|
With adequate therapeutic treatment, the relapse of the disease is eliminated after 3-4 days and the hemorrhoids no longer appear. The pathological process goes into remission, the signs of the disease disappear. In order for hemorrhoids not to return after surgery, it is necessary to lead a mobile lifestyle, balance nutrition, perform daily physical exercises, and prevent psychological stresses.
Contraindications to surgery
Removing hemorrhoids even in the later stages may be contraindicated. Moreover, the restrictions are directly related to the nature of the proposed intervention: with minimally invasive methods – one, and with radical methods – others. General restrictive framework when hemorrhoids cannot be operated on:
- hemorrhoidal disease during an exacerbation;
- neoplasms in the rectum of any genesis;
- diabetes mellitus, which violates the rate of wound healing, creating a risk of heavy bleeding;
- exacerbation of somatic diseases, especially from the digestive system;
- severe pathology of the heart, blood vessels;
- Crohn’s disease;
- pregnancy, lactation;
- infections of any etiology;
- HIV infection, AIDS;
- old age, limiting the possibility of using general anesthesia.
The severity of the process is stopped by symptomatic therapy, after which the operation can be successfully performed.
Is it possible to identify the problem in time?
Symptoms of the recurrence of the disease include:
- the occurrence of intense pain in the anus;
- pain, discomfort during and after emptying;
- psychological fear of bowel movement;
- signs of intoxication.
Hemorrhoids are able to return after removal in the form of inflammation of new nodes with their subsequent loss from the anus. If infringement of the fallen nodes occurs, the blood flow in them worsens and a blood clot forms. Such a pathological process is accompanied by heavy bleeding, the death of intestinal tissues, anemia and requires immediate medical attention.
Minimally invasive techniques (bloodless operations)
- minimal impact on tissues adjacent to the inflamed cones of hemorrhoids;
- short duration of the procedure (no more than half an hour);
- almost complete absence of pain when using local anesthesia (anesthesia is not required);
- the patient does not need a stationary rehabilitation period, returns home – on the day of surgery, starts work – the next day;
- minimally invasive techniques do not leave scars, do not deform the rectum, anus;
- the absence of serious contraindications involves the use of a minimally invasive technique for removing the hemorrhoid in older patients with many concomitant diseases;
- The low morbidity of the technique allows them to be used at any stage of hemorrhoidal disease.
Today they use a number of such innovations:
- Desarterization is the most effective way of non-surgical removal of hemorrhoidal cones. The bottom line is ligation of the arteries that feed the cavity through an anoscope, after preliminary determining the location of each vessel using ultrasound. The result is the exclusion of hemorrhoidal nodes from the general nutritional system of the anorectal zone with their subsequent death. The procedure provides 95% cure, guarantees the absence of relapses, but expensive due to the equipment used. Prices in Moscow: from 14 rubles to 800 rubles (depending on the number of bundled nodes, the qualifications of the surgeon, the status of the clinic);
- Latex ligation is the second most effective procedure: more than 90%. The bottom line is the exclusion of hemorrhoidal formation from the bloodstream after a latex ringlet is thrown on the node leg, which gradually contracts. After a couple of weeks, the internal site of hemorrhoids dies, is brought out naturally along with the ringlet. Minus – the indication is only the internal bumps. In addition, while the ring is pulled together, the patient can feel a foreign body in the anus. The cost of ligation in Moscow: from 2 rubles (per node) to 400 rubles;
- Sclerosis is the elimination of hemorrhoids by introducing a special drug into the node that glues the walls of the cone itself, the vessels supplying it. Blocking nutrition leads to the death of hemorrhoidal formation. The procedure is quick, painless. Minus – applicable only to the internal nodes of hemorrhoids, excluded with individual intolerance to the sclerosant drug, relapse is possible, since the cause of the disease is not eliminated. Prices for sclerotherapy in Moscow: from 1 rubles to 500 rubles, depending on the number of nodes removed;
- Laser coagulation – indicated for hemorrhoids of any localization. The bottom line is the effect of the laser on the venous cavity as a whole, which causes coagulation of proteins in the walls of blood vessels and cones. The veins and arteries are fused, the cavern nutrition stops, the nodes disappear without bleeding for a couple of weeks. The cost of the procedure in Moscow: from 12 to 000 rubles (for 18 hemorrhoidal node);
- Infrared photocoagulation – exposure of a cavernous leg to a beam of focused infrared light with coagulation of proteins in the walls of blood vessels, blocking normal nutrition. The procedure requires several sessions. It is used mainly in the first stage of hemorrhoidal disease. The procedure is comfortable, painless, but often gives relapses. Prices in Moscow: from 1 to 000 rubles.
- Cryodestruction – freezing of hemorrhoidal nodes with liquid nitrogen (temperature below 180-200 C), which affects only damaged areas, since healthy areas through the arteries create a thermal “border” that prevents the penetration of cold into nearby tissues. Dead cells exit the rectum in about a week. Cryodestruction is painless, does not leave scars, does not cause bleeding. But – it stimulates the immune system. Contraindication is thrombosis or necrosis of the node, progressive proctitis and paraproctitis. The procedure is not performed for pregnant and lactating mothers. In Moscow and large regional centers, the price of manipulation is 4 – 000 rubles. In regions, the cost is slightly lower: from 8 to 000 rubles. The cryodestruction operation is extremely rare.
Therefore, before conducting an operation to remove hemorrhoids, you should collect all the necessary information about the clinic and the surgeon, whom you trust your health, get acquainted with the reviews of the operated patients.
How to help with a sharp exacerbation?
To eliminate pain, discomfort and relieve swelling during a relapse of hemorrhoids after surgery, the following are used:
- pain medication;
- anti-inflammatory ointments, gels, rectal suppositories;
- folk remedies.
If the attack began abruptly, then you need to take pain medication.
- To relax the muscles of the anus, it is better to lie down.
- Make a cooling, disinfecting compress with a cool solution of potassium permanganate.
- Take an analgesic, anti-inflammatory medication or put a rectal suppository.
- For constipation, make an enema of herbal infusion.
- After relieving the symptoms of the disease, visit a proctologist.
Radical methods: preparation for surgery
Not always less traumatic methods lead to the desired result. Then, a traditional hemorrhoid removal operation is prescribed. Hemorrhoidectomy is the only solution for hemorrhoidal disease of the 4th degree. For its implementation, special preparation is required: clinical and laboratory examination, relief of acute processes, adjustment of drugs that are taken by the patient for health reasons.
Surgery to remove hemorrhoids involves a standard examination algorithm:
- history taking, digital audit of rectum to determine the localization and condition of nodes;
- OAC, OAM, biochemistry – screening for general health;
- blood coagulation test;
- blood type;
- testing for lyues, HIV, viral hepatitis;
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen;
- anoscopy, sigmo >
A few days before the operation on hemorrhoids, the patient goes on a diet, which is designed to normalize digestion, stool. To do this, the diet includes foods rich in fiber, vegetables, fruits, yogurt, low-fat yogurt.
In the absence of the desired result, laxatives are connected (Guttalax, Dufalac, a short course of senna preparations). Independent choice of a drug is excluded.
On the eve of the operation, a number of rules should be strictly followed:
- the last meal – no later than 11 hours before surgery;
- the perineum is shaved, hygiene of the intimate area is carried out, clean linen is prepared and put on;
- in the morning on the day of surgery, they make a cleansing enema;
- if general anesthesia is planned, the patient should not drink water.
Today, two variants of radical excision of hemorrhoidal nodes are available by the compulsory medical insurance policy: hemorrhoidectomy with varieties and hemorrhoidopexy.
This is a classic operation for hemorrhoids. A similar rectal intervention has been used since the mid 30s of the last century. Hemorrhoidectomy gives excellent results (efficiency – more than 98%), practically no relapses. But it is traumatic, characterized by great blood loss, the presence of many complications. Modern proctology practices three options for hemorrhoidectomy: removal of hemorrhoids according to Milligan-Morgan, Ferguson, Parks.
The recovery period after removal of hemorrhoids in each proceeds differently, depending on the severity of the condition, symptoms, age, and concomitant pathology. Of great importance is the type of surgical intervention performed. After an open hemorrhoidectomy, a month and a half is required for rehabilitation, after a closed one – three weeks. Hemorrhoidopexy involves a week to restore disability.
During the rehabilitation period, it is important to follow the recommendations of the proctologist, to be in constant contact with him. The doctor provides postoperative follow-up for each patient after discharge from the hospital, until all problems arising after the operation are resolved. The main areas of efforts during the recovery period look like this.
Removal of hemorrhoidal nodes involves limiting the load associated with an increase in intra-abdominal pressure – lifting weights, active, abrupt movements, straining during bowel movements. Instead, turning over from one side to the other, sipping, breathing exercises is allowed. The goal is the prevention of thrombosis, varicose veins, and in the first three days – just a distraction from postoperative sensations.
You can get up on the second or fourth day, depending on the well-being of the patient. As the wound heals, the number of exercises expands, but when lying or standing. Effective Kegel exercises that train the muscles of the pelvic floor.
You can sit down after the disappearance of pain in the anorectal region, not earlier than a week later. Slowly, gradually. Proctologists advise a cushion for sitting or a swimming circle for a start.
The first two months can not carry a load of more than 2 kg. The gym is allowed only after three months, with the exception of power load.
Proper diet is the main condition for the prevention of recurrence of hemorrhoids. Surgery to remove hemorrhoids according to patients’ reviews radically changes gastronomic preferences. On the first day after surgery – hunger, so that bowel movements do not damage the stitches. In the following days, you need to follow simple rules:
- fractional nutrition, in small portions, food – chopped to the maximum for complete, but easy assimilation;
- 80% of the diet – plant foods, fruits and vegetables in boiled, baked form or raw;
- meat and fish are only lean;
- every morning – a teaspoon of vegetable oil and a glass of clean water before eating;
- drinking diet is calculated by the formula: 40-50 ml per 1 kg of weight (depending on the nature of the stool).
|Buckwheat, millet porridge on the water||Sorrel, cabbage, turnip|
|Low fat kefir for the night||Raw apples, raspberries, dates|
|Baked vegetables, fruits||Smoked, salted, pickled, canned|
|Whole wheat bread||Legumes, mushrooms|
|Boiled chicken, beef||Baking, sweets|
|Vegetable soups||Fat meat|
|Herb tea||Whole milk|
After surgery to remove hemorrhoids, the pronounced soreness of the anorectal zone lasts long enough. Severe pains disappear on the 5-7th day, but the periodic soreness of the anus, especially after defecation, can last for months. For stopping use NSAIDs: Nise, Ketanov, Ibuprofen. Locally: Relief – the entire lineup, Ultraproct, Anestezol, Procto-Glivenol, Aurobin, Proctosan. If pain is excessive, painkillers are used, consult a doctor.
Restoring the anorectal ring after surgery for hemorrhoids is one of the most important rehabilitation tasks. A number of drugs will help in this: Solcoseryl (gel, ointment), Levomekol, Natalsid, Methyluracil, Sea buckthorn oil. You can use recipes of traditional medicine, especially sessile baths with decoctions of medicinal herbs.
Preparations after surgery
Hemorrhoids involve continuous treatment after surgery to speed up rehabilitation and prevent complications. Mandatory – the use of medicines. For pain – painkillers, for constipation – laxatives, for bleeding – hemostatics. The basis, as before the operation, is still made up of venotonics.
- Detralex tablets. One of the best for the prevention of recurrence of hemorrhoids in the rehabilitation period, the most popular. The drug is a representative of venotonics, consists of a complex of bioflavonoids based on diosmin, hesperidin. Detralex increases the tone of veins, relieves congestion of the pelvic organs, improves microcirculation of the anorectal region.
- Pills Venarus. Domestic analog of Detralex. Synthetic venotonic with angioprotective properties.
- Flebodia 600 capsules. A drug from the group of venotonic diosmin-based. After removal of the deformed hemorrhoidal nodes, tones the veins of the rectum, restores the wall of blood vessels, stops inflammation, blood stasis in the anorectal zone, and balances microcirculation.
- Hemoroidin tablets. Supplement venotonic with inulin – a natural precursor of chicory, which improves bowel function. Contains flax, dandelion leaves, juniper fruits, dill seed, plantain leaves, ginkgo biloba, haze roots – only 15 natural ingredients. In this case, side effects are completely absent. The main action is a painkiller, anti-inflammatory. Additionally – normalizes the stool.
- Pills Proctonis. Plant-based barterial pressure with haemostatic properties. The drug is often used to prevent bleeding. Composition: shark cartilage, yarrow, cilantro, licorice, senna. Proctonis increases blood coagulability, regenerates rectal tissues, relieves inflammation, spasm of the anus, prevents secondary infection, and normalizes stool.
- Methyluracil tablets. The representative of the group of immunostimulants with angioprotective, photoprotective properties based on dioxomethyltetrahydropyrimidine. The drug has an anti-inflammatory effect, regenerates tissues, is an angioprotector.
- Guttalax tablets. Soft laxative, acts in the large intestine, does not affect the digestion or absorption of essential nutrients in the small intestine. The active substance – picosulfate, stimulates intestinal motility, accumulates fluid in the large intestine, which softens feces, stimulates emptying.
- Pills Senade. The senna drug, which stimulates bowel movements due to increased peristalsis, liquefies fecal stones, prevents constipation, and is not addictive. A cheap but effective remedy for violation of bowel movements in the postoperative period.
- Capsules Nemesulide Teva. The representative of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for oral administration. The main property is that it stops inflammation and pain during the recovery period after surgery to remove hemorrhoids. In case of an overdose, it can thin the blood, causing bleeding, so it is used with caution.
- Ibuklin tablets. Combined drug from the NSAID group based on ibuprofen, paracetamol with anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties. It inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, relieves exudation, reduces the pastorality of rectal tissues after surgery, has an antipyretic effect.
- Pills Nise. The drug from the NSAID group based on nimesulide is a mono-drug with anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. Prostaglandin synthesis corrector. The active substance inhibits COX-2, inhibits inflammation, exudation, proliferation in the anorectal region, the drug has antipyretic properties.
- Ointment and gel Solcoseryl. The drug is a regenerant. It accelerates the healing of damaged areas of the mucosa, skin by improving tissue metabolism, increasing collagen production, restoring the functioning of capillaries and veins.
- Ointment Levomekol. It accelerates the regeneration of rectal tissues, disinfects the postoperative surface due to the combination of methyluracil and levomecin. In parallel, liniment resists secondary infection.
- Ointment and suppositories Methyluracil. The drug belongs to the class of immunostimulating agents. Penetrating into tissues and cells, methyluracil accelerates metabolic processes, tissue regeneration and restoration, as well as the resistance of the epithelium to negative environmental influences. Additionally, the substance stops bleeding, reduces the intensity of inflammation and generally improves the condition of wound surfaces.
- Candles Sea buckthorn oil. The drug is an extract from sea buckthorn berries. Natural and effective remedy, heals the wound surface, disinfects the mucosa of the rectum, anorectal zone. The oil component relieves inflammation, pastus anus, relieves pain.
- Candles Natalsid. The drug is based on sodium alginate, which is a polysaccharide of seaweed. The main property is the healing of the wound surface in the rectum, anorectal region. In parallel, the medication exhibits anti-inflammatory properties, relieves pain.
- Candles and Relief Ointment. Drugs based on shark liver oil, phenylephrine, Oil – improves the condition of the anus epithelium, rectum, which stimulates regeneration. Phenylephrine constricts blood vessels, reduces swelling, inflammation. Relief Advance due to the addition of an anesthetic benzocaine relieves pain.
- Bezornil ointment. The drug is based on pearls, amber, borneol, zinc, bezoar. The drug relieves inflammation, relieves pain, activates immunity, and disinfects the wound surface. Pearls regenerate tissues, prevents thrombosis. Amber is an antiseptic. Zinc – disinfects anorectal tissues.
Immediately before the operation to remove hemorrhoids is completed, the patient must perform the following procedures:
- Bowel cleansing. Laxatives or an enema are used.
- A special diet that eliminates food that can irritate the intestines.
- Removal of inflammatory processes.
Surgical removal of hemorrhoids has its advantages:
- the postoperative period before recovery is very short;
- in one operation, several nodes are excised;
- there is no wound left after the intervention.
The postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoids does not have an exact time frame. They are purely individual for everyone. Sometimes this may depend on how complicated the operation was, how the body transferred it, and what the degree of the disease was.
Recovery from hemorrhoid surgery may be delayed with prolonged stages of the disease. Tissues can become inflamed during the healing process. To prevent this trouble, even after surgery, you must continue to treat hemorrhoids.
Depending on the nature of the operation, you can roughly say how long the rehabilitation period will last. If the operation was carried out in a closed way, then it will take a month to recover, if an open technique was used – 1,5 months. This entire period has contraindications to physical activity.
It is important to note that after an operation for hemorrhoids, which is based on knot dressing, many people go to specialists again, because there is discomfort in the anus. Do not be scared. A possible relapse may occur after 5 years or more.
In order for the exacerbation not to occur as long as possible, it is important to follow a diet and lead a proper lifestyle.
In the recovery period of hemorrhoids after surgery, ointments are used to promote wound healing, analgesics, suppositories. At first, the chair will cause certain inconvenience due to pain.
After surgery, it begins on the second day. To minimize discomfort, treatment with laxatives and the use of large quantities of fluids are recommended. The stool softens from their effects.
The ability to return to work is individual. In most cases, people can go to work after three weeks, and after a month of rehabilitation, performance will be fully restored. If latex ligation is performed, you may feel unwell and uncomfortable within seven days.
With the Milligan-Morgan method, the disease extremely rarely has a relapse, and rehabilitation occurs in a short time. Longo method has the shortest recovery time – no more than three days. But during this time period there are painful sensations during bowel movements.
Rehabilitation after removal of hemorrhoids, which is carried out with an external node, can last for 30 days. Transanal deserterization treatment is considered an effective method. An analgesic will need to be applied several days after the operation is completed.
Tip: it is important to follow bed rest after surgery for 14 days. Any excessive efforts often lead to the fact that hemorrhoids appear again after surgery.
3-4 weeks after surgery, the patient can do light exercises, walk a little several times a day, not more than 10 minutes. This is especially beneficial for overweight patients. In addition, such gymnastics reduces the likelihood of complications.
In some cases, difficulties arise. They can occur not only immediately after the intervention of a specialist, but also after a short time period.
This trouble appears often enough. Hemorrhoidectamia leads to problems with urination in men after 24 hours. A catheter is used to remove urine.
This feeling arises due to the fact that many nerve endings are located in the rectum and next to the anus. A sensation of pain usually appears after the end of the action of anesthesia. For patients with a high pain threshold, narcotic analgesics are used. They are consumed for two days.
This side effect is not common. It can occur if the functions of the anal sphincter are impaired. Nerve and muscle fibers of the walls in the rectum are damaged when surgery is under way, this provokes loss. How treatment is surgery or preservation.
This complication develops immediately after surgery or after a few days. It occurs due to injury by the masses of feces of the rectal membrane in the place where the suture was applied, or when a crack appears.
Another reason for the appearance of bleeding is a vessel that was not sufficiently cauterized during surgery. A thin crust falls off with the first bowel movement.
Bleeding is stopped with a cotton pad, adrenaline is applied to it. The damaged vessel is flashed again.
The appearance of fistulas
During surgery, muscle tissue may seize when suturing occurs. Pathogenic flora gets there, and a fistula appears. Sometimes it can open outward. Treatment takes place either by surgery or by conservation.
Incorrect suturing may result in narrowing of the anus. The solution to the problem is an expander or plastic.
Fear of pain
Some people have a feeling of fear that arises after the operation, that during the act of defecation pain will appear, and because of this, constipation occurs. Questions also arise as to whether one can sit down and when one can sit down.
To eliminate the ailment, laxatives are used, according to the doctor’s prescription, a person is transferred to special nutrition. The attending physician can prescribe an analgesic or ointment based on nitroglycerin, they contribute to the relaxation of the sphincter.
If microbes penetrate the suture after a medical intervention, suppuration may occur. Treatment is carried out using anti-inflammatory drugs and antibacterial drugs. If the case is neglected, then the wounds are opened and thoroughly washed.
In some cases, rehabilitation after surgery for hemorrhoids due to a non-healing wound can last a long time. With home treatment, you can sit in herbal baths for a speedy recovery. They are made on the basis of decoctions of medicinal herbs.
It is necessary to take such herbs that have a bactericidal, analgesic, healing, anti-inflammatory effect. You can take medicinal chamomile, calendula, sage or manganese solution.
Nutrition and Diet
So that the wounds can heal more quickly, after the operation, you should eat right. A day after the intervention, a hunger strike is recommended so as not to cause stools.
From products should be excluded those that contribute to gas formation. You need to eat several times a day, in small portions and best of all by the hour.
Food should not lead to irritation of the digestive system, but help to form soft stools.
Do not eat foods that contain large amounts of coarse fiber.
- some types of greens – chives, sorrel, spinach;
- vegetables – white cabbage, radish, radish, turnip;
- fruits – gooseberries and raspberries, apples and dates;
- related to legumes – lentils, beans, beans and peas should be completely excluded, as well as rye bread, raisins, tangerines.
From drinks whole milk, any gas-containing drinks are harmful. There are a number of products that enhance the rush of blood in the pelvis. They should be completely excluded from consumption. These include: smoked meats, pickled products, spicy seasonings, canned food, spices. Alcoholic drinks, regardless of their strength.
It is recommended to limit the intake of protein products that are difficult to digest – pork, ducklings, lamb, mushrooms. Products containing carbohydrates that are easy to digest include granulated sugar, buns, cookies, cakes, and pastries.
What to eat?
Observing the diet, you must know that it must necessarily contain liquid food and a large amount of water.
- loose cereal from wheat or buckwheat is allowed;
- wheat flour bread;
- dairy products;
- meat with a small amount of fat (beef, chicken);
- some varieties of vegetables and fruits.
Proper nutrition is a critical factor. Without it, recovery can stretch significantly. Violation or non-compliance with the diet can lead to complications and inflammatory processes. Such troubles can delay healing and interfere with the restoration of the patient’s disability.
During the period of rehabilitation for hemorrhoids in the postoperative period, it is impossible to carry heavy things and apply heavy physical exertion. It should be limited to light exercises in gymnastics, walk a lot. Mandatory hygiene rules and recommendations after each act of defecation.
It is important not to deviate from all the prescriptions of the doctor, this will help get rid of hemorrhoids.
Preventive measures are also important: pay attention to the regularity of the stool, observe proper nutrition, drink plenty of water, and do not leave sports activities.
How many days and how long does hemorrho >
How long the hemorrhoids heal after surgery and how long the rehabilitation period lasts depends on many different factors, the main of which is the patient’s strict adherence to all medical recommendations.
Hemorrhoids of stages 1-3 can be successfully treated with conservative and minimally invasive methods (wound healing after minimally invasive treatment takes from 7 to 14 days). Radical operations are used in extreme cases. The main indications are a disease in the 4th degree of development, proceeding with the following complications:
- hemorrhoidal nodes not falling into the anal canal, falling out during any physical exertion, including when laughing, coughing, sneezing, etc .;
- acute hemorrhoidal vein thrombosis, accompanied by severe pain in the anus;
- spasm of sphincteric muscles and, as a result, pinching of prolapsed nodes;
- muscle sphincter muscle failure;
- pararectal fistula;
- heavy rectal bleeding, creating a threat of iron deficiency anemia;
- hemorrhoids of stage 3-4, proceeding in conjunction with other proctological pathologies: prolapse of the rectum, acute paraproctitis, ulcerative colitis.
A radical and rather traumatic operation to remove enlarged hemorrhoidal nodes with a scalpel. It is carried out in three ways:
- open hemorrhoidectomy – wounds after excision of the cones are left open. Wound healing takes from 1 to 2 months;
- Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy (closed) – suture using self-absorbing threads, make wound drainage. The recovery period is 2-4 weeks;
- Parks hemorrhoidectomy (submucosal) – the surgeon preserves the mucous membrane, excising only deformed veins, tightly suturing the edges of the wound. The rehabilitation period with this method is from 10 to 14 days.
Hemorrhoidectomy is considered the most difficult operation to remove hemorrhoids. It requires mandatory hospitalization of the patient and his subsequent hospital stay. The patient’s postoperative recovery period is also affected by his strict observance of all the doctor’s prescriptions, as well as a strict diet.
The operation is performed only with internal hemorrhoids. Today it is the most modern operational method, which has low trauma and is characterized by a short rehabilitation period. The surgeon removes a portion of the rectal mucosa along the entire diameter, and then sutures the edges of the wound.
Thanks to this technique, the nodes are pulled up, and the anatomical structure of the anal canal is completely restored. The total period of incapacity for work is 7-20 days, including the postoperative stay of the patient in the hospital.
The development of postoperative complications can significantly increase the patient’s rehabilitation period by up to 2 months. The main reason for the appearance of negative consequences is a medical error or non-compliance with medical recommendations by the patient.
Bleeding from the rectum – occurs when injuring sutures with dense feces, which occurs when the patient violates the diet. It is also possible the appearance of blood from a vessel that was poorly cauterized by the surgeon;
- Narrowing of the anal canal – is a consequence of the Milligan-Morgan operation with improperly applied sutures. To restore the natural anatomical structure, dilators are used;
- Pararectal fistulas are a rare complication that develops against a background of low immunity and a patient’s violation of personal hygiene rules and as a result of infection in open wounds;
- Urinary retention – occurs mainly in men due to tissue edema. Passes within 24 hours. In the first day after surgery, urination is carried out using a catheter.
With the appearance of the above complications, the recovery period may increase to two months. In the absence of negative consequences, when the patient uses all the prescribed drugs and follows all the doctor’s recommendations, the body is completely restored within 1 month.
As for the pain syndrome that occurs after surgery in all patients without exception, this is a typical consequence of surgery, which is considered the norm. The pain disappears during the first postoperative week.
To alleviate the patient’s condition, especially with difficult and painful bowel movements, systemic or local preparations (ointments, suppositories) with anesthetics are prescribed, and painkillers can also be administered intravenously.
According to proctologists, for each patient, the recovery period after surgery is individual. How long the healing of hemorrhoids takes place depends primarily on the characteristics of the body, the rate of tissue regeneration, on the complexity of the operation itself and on the existing complications.
In some patients, rehabilitation takes 2 weeks, in others up to 2 months. But you can reduce the recovery time of the body by observing simple, but effective medical recommendations.
A strict diet is one of the main factors for a quick recovery. Proper and balanced nutrition will help restore strength after surgery and prevent constipation and trauma to postoperative sutures.
- vegetables: pumpkin, zucchini, carrots, beets (not more than 2 times a week);
- fruits: green apples (no more than 1 pc per day), bananas, pears;
- dietary meat: chicken, rabbit, veal;
- cereals on the water: oatmeal, buckwheat;
- low fat fermented milk products;
- drinks: green or black weak and unsweetened tea, jelly, dried fruit compotes, freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, decoctions of chamomile and rosehip.
It is very important to drink 2 liters of water every day. Water cannot be replaced with tea or compotes. The best option is to drink 1-2 glasses in between meals.
From the daily menu, you should definitely exclude products that aggravate the work of the digestive apparatus, which cause fermentation processes in the intestines and increase gas formation:
- vegetables: cabbage, legumes, cucumbers, onions, garlic;
- fruits: grapes, citrus fruits, avocados;
- meat: fatty pork, game, beef, turkey;
- cereals: pearl barley, wheat;
- any dairy products;
- semi-finished meat products;
- Butter baking, sweets, confectionery.
- drinks: coffee, instant hot chocolate, alcohol, highly carbonated drinks.
It is strictly forbidden to eat spicy, pickled, fried, smoked dishes, as well as fast food.
As for the diet, nutritionists strongly recommend that postoperative patients in the first five days after the operation eat food in pure form, in small portions 5-6 times a day, strictly at the same time. This will not only reduce the load on the weakened digestive tract, but also help reduce pain during bowel movements and prevent the formation of constipation.
Personal hygiene is a very important stage in a successful and quick recovery. In the first month after surgery during a bowel movement should not use toilet paper. The anus should be washed with warm water with an antibacterial soap or gel. If this procedure is not possible, toilet paper is replaced with wet antibacterial wipes for intimate hygiene.
To quickly restore tissue, relieve swelling and prevent infectious processes, it is very useful to take sitz baths with a decoction of sage, chamomile or calendula. The beginning of water procedures should be agreed with your doctor. Usually sessile baths begin to do 3-5 days after surgery.
Hemorrhoidectomy helps a person get rid of an unpleasant illness, however, the treatment does not end there. You also need to consider how much hemorrhoids heal after surgery to remove, and what consequences may arise during the rehabilitation period. It is very important after the operation to strictly follow the doctor’s recommendations, otherwise hemorrhoids may appear again.
Many are interested in how hemorrhoids heal. It is worth noting that, in general, the healing process is pretty fast. However, in the first weeks it is necessary to observe bed rest, since any movement can cause repeated inflammation. Some patients feel good after a week, and therefore begin to move around a little. After 2-3 weeks, most can already afford small walks several times a day, which is especially useful for overweight people.
In order for the healing process to proceed as quickly as possible, the following conditions must be observed:
- Norms of physical activity and behavior. In the postoperative period, it is important to abandon any physical activity, you can not lift anything heavy. In addition, you must not be nervous or screaming. Any stressful situations can affect how many days the sutures will heal.
- Special diet. Only light foods that are quickly absorbed and easily leave the body should be consumed. More vegetables and fruits should be present in the diet. It is forbidden to eat foods that lead to constipation. Food should be crushed, it is best to eat in small portions, up to 6 times a day. How much time will be spent on rehabilitation depends on the diet. Constipation can cause a repeated attack of hemorrhoids, so you need to take food very seriously during this period.
- Regular intake of medications prescribed by your doctor. Such drugs may include painkillers and disinfectants, which will prevent the appearance of unpleasant symptoms and inflammatory processes in the tissues.
- Thorough hygiene of the anus and genitals.
It depends on these points how many sutures heal after hemorrhoids heal. If the doctor’s recommendations are not followed, hemorrhoids can occur again. In addition, the patient may have other, more serious complications.
After surgery to remove hemorrhoids, some complications may occur. Moreover, they can occur both immediately after surgery, and later. Typical symptoms in the postoperative period are:
- Impaired urination. Basically, this symptom manifests itself in a man within a day after surgery. This is due to the use of epidural anesthesia. As a rule, during the first days a catheter is used to remove urine. On day 2-3, everything goes away on its own, additional treatment is not required.
- Painful sensations. In the area of the anal passage and in the rectum is a large number of nerve endings. After the action of the anesthetic ends, the patient begins to feel pain in this area. In this case, as a rule, the doctor prescribes special anesthetics that help get rid of the painful symptoms.
- Prolapse of the rectum from the anus. This complication is extremely rare. It arises only due to improper actions of the surgeon if neuromuscular fibers were damaged during the operation. Elimination of complications is possible both by conservative and surgical methods.
- Bleeding. This symptom can occur immediately after the operation, if during it was not cauterized or a blood vessel was stitched. As a result, due to the slightest movement, he may fall away and begin to bleed. In addition, the flow of blood from blood vessels may appear as a result of solid feces or great effort during bowel movements. As a rule, bleeding most often occurs with constipation.
- Fistulas are also a very rare complication. Mostly fistulas appear during the capture of muscle tissue during surgery. If there is pathogenic microflora in the rectum, pus will soon go out through the fistula. Such inflammation is very serious, and therefore it is urgent to consult a doctor. Fistulas are removed surgically, extremely rarely by conservative methods.
- Narrowing the anus. This complication occurs due to improper suturing. You can eliminate the pathology using surgery or special expanders.
- Suppuration. Pus appears, as a rule, due to the fact that pathogenic microflora enters the postoperative sutures. In this case, to eliminate the complication, it is necessary to use antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs. If the case is severe, then sometimes they even open the wound and wash it.