Doctors call urine with blood – hematuria. Let’s figure out what it is and what to do when blood is found in urine. The urine of a healthy person is yellow, free of impurities and sediment. Hematuria (blood in the urine) does not occur in healthy people. So this is a signal of illness.
But is it hematuria? Possible elementary consumption of foods with a large amount of red pigment: beets, carrots, red and purple berries, fruit drinks and juices. Or taking drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen, rifampicin, phenolphthalein drugs? But if, in addition to changing the color of urine, you are worried about pain, fever, feeling unwell, then you need to urgently consult a doctor.
Causes and symptoms of hematuria
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Erosive processes on the cervix.
- Tumor of the urinary tract, cervix, endometrium.
- Lupus nephritis (an autoimmune disease)
- Necrotizing papillitis (with diabetes mellitus, gout, alcoholism, sickle cell anemia). Symptoms: abdominal or flank pain, fever, acute renal failure.
- Kidney infarction. Symptoms: burning pain on one side, increased blood pressure.
Why is hematuria dangerous?
Any bleeding is dangerous for humans, because the blood supply in the body is limited. This can lead to anemia, organ dysfunction, kidney failure, and even death.
Diagnosis of the disease
It is necessary to remember what happened to you the day before: what you ate and drank, what drugs you took, chronic diseases, injuries, and so on. How the disease developed: quickly or gradually, with or without fever, where and how it hurt, there was more or less urine. All this will help the doctor to quickly and accurately determine the cause of the disease.
What to do if blood is found in the urine?
First, make sure it’s really blood. To do this, you can urinate in a clean, transparent container. And if the resulting urine is colored pink or red, then this is most likely hematuria.
Secondly, do not resort to self-medication and seek medical attention immediately. All that is allowed is to put cold on the suprapubic area.
Treatment directly depends on the cause of hematuria:
- Urolithiasis is monitored by urologists. Treatment consists of removing the stone from the urinary tract. How exactly this will be done is decided individually, as an option it can be crushed using ultrasound.
- Inflammatory diseases respond to antibiotic therapy.
- For autoimmune diseases, hormonal drugs are used.
- The consequences of injuries are corrected by surgeons by suturing or resecting the damaged organ.
- Tuberculosis and kidney tumors are subject to treatment in specialized medical institutions.
- Gynecological causes of hematuria are usually subject to surgical treatment, for example, an ectopic pregnancy.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.