It is necessary to comfortably seat the patient so that the head is above the body.
Tilt the patient’s head forward slightly so that blood does not enter the nasopharynx and mouth.
With nosebleeds, you can’t blow your nose, it can increase bleeding!
Press the nose wing against the septum. Before this, cotton swabs moistened with a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, naphthyzine 0,1% can be inserted into the nasal passages (tampons are prepared from cotton wool in the form of a cocoon 2,5-3 cm long and 1-1,5 cm thick; for children, tampons should be introduced with a thickness of not more than 0,5 cm).
In which case is it necessary to consult a doctor?
If blood flows from the nose by a stream and does not stop after attempts to stop independently for 10-20 minutes.
If epistaxis is a consequence of bleeding disorders, diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure.
If the patient is constantly taking such drugs as aspirin, heparin, ibuprofen.
If blood, flowing abundantly along the back of the throat, enters the throat and causes bloody vomiting.
If on the background of nosebleeds a fainting or pre-fainting condition has occurred.
Treatment of nosebleeds is performed by an ENT doctor.
Folk remedies for nosebleeds:
If blood comes from the right nostril, then raise the right hand up above the head, and hold the nostril with the left, and vice versa.
The patient raises both hands behind his head, and the second person pinches both his nostrils or one for 3-5 minutes. Blood will stop soon.
Grind the fresh yarrow leaves so that they become wet, and insert into the nose. And even more effective – squeeze the juice and drip it into the nose.
In a glass of cold water, squeeze the juice of 1/4 lemon or pour 1 teaspoon of 9% vinegar. Pull this fluid into the nose and hold there for 3-5 minutes, pinching the nostrils with your fingers. Sit quietly or stand, but do not go to bed. Put a wet cold towel on your forehead and nose.
With frequent nosebleeds, corn stigmas will help. 1 tbsp. spoon (top) of the corn stigmas, pour 1,5 cups of boiling water and boil in a water bath for 10 minutes. Then cool the broth and take a quarter cup 3 times a day.
The first aid given to the patient for nosebleeds is very important, as it prevents the development of complications and even death.
If the blood from the nose goes weak, then everything can be done on its own, if the outpouring is plentiful, you can’t do without calling an ambulance. There is a special algorithm of actions that must be performed in case of violation.
Consider why this problem may occur and what to do to fix it.
Epistaxis is called epistaxis. It can be systematic or occur suddenly. Various factors can cause such a violation, which are usually divided into two main types: local and systemic.
Local ones include:
- Received injuries in which the integrity of the soft and bone tissues of the nose is impaired.
- Inflammation of the nasal mucosa and paranasal sinuses (rhinitis, sinusitis).
- Acute respiratory infections.
- The presence of oncogenic and benign tumors in the nasal cavity.
- Incorrect use of an oxygen catheter.
- Surgical interventions in the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses.
- Systematic use of narcotic drugs inhaled through the nose.
- Abuse of vasoconstrictive sprays and drops.
- Allergy of any etiology.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- The use of vasodilator drugs.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Inflammatory processes in the liver.
- Sun or heat stroke.
- Stress, strain, excessive exercise, fatigue.
- Hormonal failures.
- Serious infectious diseases.
Emergency care for nosebleeds caused by local factors can be provided by those who are close to the patient.
In case of a violation provoked by systemic causes, you should consult a doctor and undergo a full examination. The treatment of such ailments will be long.
When there is blood from the nose, you should immediately take measures to eliminate the problem. There is a streamlined algorithm of actions that need to be taken to alleviate the condition of the patient. Help with nosebleeds is as follows:
- Choose the right body position. In no case should the patient take a horizontal position, as this will lead to leakage of blood into the throat and bloody vomiting. It is best to seat him on a chair. If this is not possible, then lay it on high pillows, so that the head is above the body.
- Choose the position of the head. Contrary to the prevailing stereotype, when there is bleeding from the nose, you can not throw your head back. This can create a false appearance of stopping the epistaxis, in fact, the blood will continue to flow, but only it will drain into the throat. To fully control the situation and prevent bloody vomiting, you need to slightly tilt your head forward and to one s />Vasoconstrictive swabs. If the cold and pressing the nostrils did not give a result, then you can make a tamponade with vasoconstrictor agents. When blood from the nose oozes in a small stream, this method can be useful. Make turundo from gauze, it is extremely undesirable to use cotton wool, since it will then be difficult to remove it from the nose. Moisten the swab in vasoconstrictor drops for the nose and insert into the affected nostril so that the edges stick out 2 cm. After 15 minutes, moisten the ponytails of the turunda in the same tool, this will help soften it and prevent damage to the resulting crusts.
Instead of vasoconstrictor drugs, you can take hydrogen peroxide (3%). She also needs to moisten the gauze and insert into the nasal passages. After 15 minutes, the blood in the damaged vessels should completely coagulate, if the swab is dry, soak it with peroxide and carefully remove it.
If nosebleeds occur, first aid includes ensuring free access of fresh air to the patient’s room. Since epistaxis may be accompanied by dizziness, it is important to prevent the patient from losing consciousness, for this you need to open the windows, the room should be cool.
This algorithm will completely fix the problem. However, if the range of actions provided does not give a positive result after 20 minutes, medical attention is needed. The patient can be hospitalized to the hospital on his own, when there is such an opportunity. If his condition worsens, call an ambulance.
Emergency care in a medical facility is necessary if severe nosebleeds are observed. Most often it occurs in the middle or back of the nose, it is where large vessels are located. After hospitalization of the patient, the following actions are performed:
- Back or front tamponade. Gauze turundas are moistened with special medicines, with the front tamponade they are inserted through the nostrils, and with the back through the choanas. The procedure continues up to 2 days, at this time, blood-stopping drugs can be administered intramuscularly and intravenously at the same time.
- Coagulation of blood vessels. With severe damage to large vessels, their surgical recovery is indicated. The operation is carried out on modern equipment, because the patient does not have any incisions on the face, the procedure is less traumatic and gives excellent results.
- Complicated surgery. It is carried out if the bleeding is caused by serious head injuries. During the operation, the shape of the nose is restored, bone fragments are extracted from the sinuses and cranial box, damaged vessels and arteries are sealed.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
At the end of
First aid is provided for bleeding from the nose is quite simple, the main thing is to strictly follow all instructions and not to panic. However, it is not always possible to independently help the patient.
If the epistaxis is very profuse or does not stop within 20 minutes, emergency care must be called.
In the hospital, doctors will take radical measures to eliminate the causes of the violation and alleviate the patient’s condition.
The occurrence of nosebleeds is a fairly common occurrence among the population. In most cases, the causes of its occurrence do not cause unnecessary cause for concern, and it is possible to stop the flow of blood from a damaged vessel on its own, without the involvement of specialists. But there are more serious cases when the victim needs hospitalization.
Specialists conditionally subdivide the causes of the appearance of blood from the nasal cavities into general and local.
Diagnosis of nosebleeds
Diagnosis of nosebleeds in adults and children is carried out using an external examination, examination of the nasal cavity, nasopharynx and pharynx. Sometimes it is necessary to differentiate nasal bleeding in adults and children from bleeding originating from other organs – the lungs, esophagus or stomach. In such cases, blood enters the nasal cavity and then flows out of the nostrils. It is necessary to be examined by other specialists and identify the cause.
Specialists of more than 30 specialties are taking part in MedicCity. You can make an appointment with them at any time convenient for you.
Treatment for nosebleeds
With nosebleeds, it is necessary to stop the bleeding as soon as possible in order to prevent blood loss. Next, you need to eliminate the cause of the bleeding – for example, to normalize blood pressure. It is necessary to prevent the possible consequences of acute blood loss (reducing the volume of circulating blood, for example), to conduct hemostatic therapy.
With “front” nosebleeds, it is necessary to plant the victim or put him, slightly raising his head. It is not recommended to throw the patient’s head back strongly: this way blood can get into the respiratory tract. A cotton or gauze swab moistened with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution must be inserted into the bleeding nostril, then, holding the wing of the nose from the outside to the nasal septum with your fingers, hold it in this position for 10-15 minutes – this way the damaged vessel is thrombosed.
If your efforts have been unsuccessful, and you do not know how to stop nosebleeds on your own, you need to call an ambulance team. You should also seek emergency medical help if blood flows out of the nose with a jet, without clots.
MedicCity provides comprehensive treatment of nosebleeds using conservative and, if necessary, surgical methods.
Conservative therapy is aimed at stopping bleeding, restoring damaged tissues and erosive vessels of the nose, and preventing relapses. Homeostatic and metabolic vascular therapy using local and systemic drugs is used.
In the case of heavy nosebleeds, the patient undergoes a tamponade of the nasal cavity with gauze tampons, the duration of which can be up to 2 days. Hemostatic drugs are also prescribed. After removal of the tamponade, an examination of the nasal cavity is carried out using endoscopic equipment, which allows you to determine the cause of the disease.
If the therapeutic effect was ineffective, surgical treatment is performed to coagulate the bleeding vessel.
With extensive destruction of blood vessels, we use the radio wave and laser methods, manipulations are carried out under the control of endoscopic equipment.
Our methods allow you to cure nosebleeds on an outpatient basis in 1 day.
Epistaxis is not only an unpleasant phenomenon, but also a dangerous one, since it can lead to significant blood loss. Therefore, if bleeding is repeated more than once, or you are unable to stop the bleeding from the nose yourself, consult a specialist! Our otolaryngologists will provide you with qualified assistance with nosebleeds and any other diseases of the ear, throat and nose!
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.