|Hereditary predisposition||The presence of fake tendon filaments or other heart ailments in one of the parents is the main cause of abnormalities in their baby.|
|Bad habits||A woman who uses alcohol, drugs and smokes cigarettes during pregnancy significantly increases the likelihood of malformations in the unborn child, affecting not only the heart.|
|Bad environmental conditions||Polluted air and water contribute to the formation of abnormalities in the baby during fetal development.|
One extra chord in the left ventricle rarely manifests itself. The situation is different with the transverse arrangement of the thread in the right ventricle, or if there are quite a lot of them. The patient begins to experience discomfort associated with impaired hemodynamics and heart function in general:
- interruptions in the heartbeat;
- stitching chest pain;
- mood swings;
- general weakness;
Symptoms come to light most often in the teenage period. The child begins the stage of intensive growth of muscles and bones, which gives an additional burden on the heart. When they are detected, it is necessary to be registered with a cardiologist so that he observes the development of the situation and timely takes measures to stabilize the condition.
A cardiologist should be involved in identifying unnecessary chords and drawing up a treatment regimen. They are detected using instrumental diagnostic methods and by auscultation (listening to noise):
- Ultrasound examination (ultrasound) allows you to visualize the structure of the heart and consider the features of hemodynamics.
- Auscultation helps to hear diastolic murmurs arising from the extra chord.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) displays the electrical activity of the heart and allows you to see possible impulse conduction disturbances.
Additionally, the doctor may prescribe daily ECG monitoring and bicycle ergometry. The first examination helps to obtain accurate data on the work of the heart muscle throughout the day. The second test is conducted to assess its response to physical activity.
Identified excess chord in the child’s heart can gradually “disappear”. The kid is actively growing, which leads to a displacement of the anomaly. Instrumental diagnostic methods will confirm its absence. The treatment regimen will not be compiled. In conclusion, the doctor will indicate that the heart is without pathologies.
It is impossible to predict in advance whether the extra chord will lead to the development of malfunctions in the heart, or not.
In most cases, it does not lead to pathological changes and does not require treatment. The use of medications to improve the functioning of the heart muscle significantly reduces the likelihood of complications. Only cross and multiple tendon filaments should be feared. They have the most unfavorable prognosis.
There are several possible reasons when a child develops a chord of the left ventricle of the heart during fetal development.
- the hereditary factor, when one of the child’s parents also has extra sinewy lesions inside the heart, is most often transmitted through the maternal line;
- improper maternal lifestyle – the use of drugs, alcoholic beverages or smoking tobacco products can negatively affect the formation of the fetus. Especially if these factors took place at 5-6 weeks of pregnancy, when there is an active formation of the heart muscle of the child;
- improper diet with excessive fat of animal origin;
- large physical exertion on the pregnant body;
- intrauterine infections in the fetus;
- reduced maternal immunity in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- living in a contaminated region (waste from chemical and heavy industry, increased radiation background);
- frequent stressful situations that affect the nervous system and psyche;
In order to bear and give birth to a healthy child without developmental pathologies, it is necessary to protect yourself in every possible way from the influence of negative factors that may have an effect on the formation of the child.
In early childhood, a chord in the heart may not manifest itself in any way and be detected by accident, during an examination of another disease. This rule also applies to single chords that are located in the left ventricle.
In the presence of abnormalities in the right ventricle in a plural quantity or transverse arrangement, you can notice the following symptoms in a child:
- frequent and quick fatigue;
- feeling of weakness in the body;
- the appearance of frequent dizziness;
- discomfort and tingling in the heart;
- frequent mood swings;
- heart rhythm disorder.
In the presence of formations in the right ventricle, these manifestations can not always be seen in early childhood. Most often, they appear during the period of active growth of the child – in primary and secondary school age.
If you suspect a chord, you should contact a pediatrician who will conduct the research, and if necessary send to a cardiologist.
To diagnose the disease, the following activities are carried out:
- the doctor asks the child in detail about the manifestations of pathology and general health;
- with the help of a stethoscope, the heart rate is heard, if there is a chord, extraneous noise will be heard;
- ultrasound examination of the heart muscle allows you to consider the pathology on the monitor, find out its location and determine the category (dangerous and non-dangerous);
- an electrocardiogram is prescribed to determine the heart rate in order to exclude pathology;
- daily removal of the electrocardiogram to determine the average in different states of activity of the child;
- if necessary, bicycle ergometry is performed – measurements of cardiac activity during physical exertion.
To date, electrocardiograms are taken for all children aged 1 month to diagnose possible heart diseases in order to prevent and timely treat pathologies.
Often, when an additional chord is detected, treatment is not prescribed, however, in severe cases of pathologies with manifestations in the form of discomfort and pain in the heart, the following drugs can be prescribed by a doctor:
- fortified complexes enriched with B vitamins;
- preparations containing magnesium and potassium;
- nootropic drugs.
It should be remembered that drugs are prescribed only by a specialist after diagnostic measures.
In especially severe cases, when multiple chords interfere with the normal functioning of the heart muscle, surgery may be prescribed, however, this is extremely rare.
To maintain normal human life with abnormalities in the development of the heart muscle, the following lifestyle must be observed:
- to temper the body from childhood, it is useful not only for strengthening the cardiovascular system, but also for the prevention of acute respiratory diseases, strengthening the general endurance of the body;
- observe proper nutrition with a high content of vitamins, minerals and other useful contents. Reduce the amount of consumed fatty, salty and spicy foods;
- to establish the regime of the day – to devote enough time to sleep (at least 8 hours a day, for children to observe daytime sleep), change work activities with rest, alternate mental and physical work;
- start the day with morning exercises or during the day to engage in vigorous physical exercises;
- regularly walk in the fresh air;
- completely abandon bad habits – smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages;
- if possible, eliminate or reduce the number of stressful situations that affect the psychological state of a person;
- take regular courses of relaxing massage therapy;
- engage in the prevention of infectious diseases;
With a mild degree of pathology, you can lead a normal lifestyle without denying yourself active hobbies and sports. However, the additional chord and the army are incompatible concepts, since there are given great physical exertion, contraindicated in this pathology.
Experts attribute the formation of an additional chord in the heart to minor pathologies, which in most cases do not require medical treatment and surgical intervention. In general, the outlook is pretty positive. Nevertheless, it is still necessary to monitor the development of the disease, sometimes visiting doctors and making control diagnostic measures.
Usually, in the presence of an abnormal chord in the left ventricle, children do not make any complaints.
If there is a chord in the right ventricle, several signs are possible:
- headaches, dizziness;
- there is a risk of heart rhythm disturbances;
- stitching pains in the heart;
- emotional instability;
- intolerance to stuffy rooms.
It should also be borne in mind that these symptoms in most cases appear during physical exertion.
Personal experience. As a rule, one full-time appointment with a cardiologist has 1 child with an additional chord. In this case, no special complaints are presented, and the extra chord is an accidental find. There was even a boy hockey player with daily physical activity for 3 to 4 hours with LCL (additional left ventricular chord) and well tolerated such loads. But keep in mind that this is a chord in the left ventricle. An abnormal chord in the right ventricle did not occur in my practice.
Komarovsky E. O. about “famous chords in the heart”: “In my practice, there were such children who randomly detected chords in the heart by ultrasound. If not for ultrasound, then clinically it is absolutely healthy children. No need to treat them like sick children and limit their physical activity. They can become athletes of the Olympic reserve on a par with everyone. The only thing they are not recommended to do is to parachute and work as divers. ”
An additional chord is detected by ultrasound screening at 1 month of a child’s life.
Also, additional chords create a specific noise in the heart, which, as a rule, is heard well when lying down and disappears when the body position changes. In any case, if a heart murmur is detected, the doctor will refer the child to an ultrasound of this organ.
The following diagnostic methods are used to study the false chord in the heart of a child:
- Ultrasound diagnostics. It allows you to identify pathology in the first month of the baby’s life. With the help of ultrasound, the doctor manages to visualize the additional chord, determine its location and draw a conclusion about its hemodynamic value. An ultrasound examination should be performed annually by all patients with a diagnosis of DTL.
- Auscultation. An extra thread in the heart creates a specific noise that can be heard well with a stethoscope.
- Electrocardiography This diagnostic method displays pathological changes in the activity of the heart.
- Daily ECG monitoring. It is carried out to obtain all additional data on the functionality of the heart.
- Bicycle ergometry. The method involves recording an electrocardiogram during increased physical exertion. Such a study is necessary to detect circulatory disorders and assess changes in heart rate.
Manifestations of the extra chord in the heart and what disorders does it lead to?
An additional chord in the heart may not appear at all, but may lead to the symptoms described above – it depends on their number and location. It is important for parents not to ignore the child’s complaints about fatigue and poor health, but to conduct a thorough diagnosis by a specialist.
The consequences of having a neoplasm in the heart muscle can be as follows:
- sometimes with the growth of the organ, the chord can shift or decrease in size, becoming inaccessible for its diagnosis. In this case, it can in no way interfere with the normal functioning of the child;
- the appearance of a violation of the blood conduction of the muscle;
- in severe cases, ischemic stroke;
- fatigue even with moderate physical exertion;
- severe dizziness, sometimes fainting;
- disruptions in the rhythm of the heart;
- frequent mood swings;
It often happens that “dangerous” types of formations can lead to general underdevelopment of connective tissue, which, in turn, threatens such pathologies:
- high growth;
- lean physique;
- joint hypermobility;
- bone deformation;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- diseases of the kidneys and excretory system;
To say for sure whether a chord is dangerous in the heart is impossible – you need to carefully analyze the situation, symptoms and type of neoplasm.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,