Often the occurrence of stones in the biliary system leaves no choice but to remove the gallbladder. This operation is called cholecystectomy. Treatment after removal of the gallbladder is carried out in a comprehensive manner: drug treatment, adherence to a special diet and physiotherapy exercises. The hepatic duct of the biliary system is considered the most dangerous place for gallbladder disease.
The work of the body after removal of the gallbladder
After cholecystectomy, the patient should not drink water and get up for the first 4-6 hours. After, it is allowed to drink non-carbonated water in small volumes and no more than 0,5 liters. Get out of bed slowly and preferably move around the bed. Dizziness and even loss of consciousness are possible. In a day, the patient can eat, but a special diet is necessary. It is better to start by taking liquid fermented milk products, oatmeal or light soup.
After a cholecystectomy, digestion is disturbed. This is due to the removed gallbladder. Since the removed organ no longer regulates the amount of collected bile and its timely outflow.
Also, the patient may feel such unpleasant symptoms as:
- pain in the abdomen, as well as in the lower right part of the ribs,
- hepatic and intestinal colic,
Inside the body, the following failures occur:
- due to malfunctioning of the bile sphincter, bile can enter the stomach, which causes heartburn and inflammation of the stomach walls,
- bile does not regularly enter the intestines, which causes an increased multiplication of pathogenic bacteria and, as a result, constipation and diarrhea.
Rehabilitation after surgery consists of: diet, exercise, medication, and postoperative wound care. In the first week after surgery, it is prohibited to take: alcohol, fatty foods, coffee and tea, drinks containing sugar. The basis of the diet should include dairy products, cereals, fruits, low-fat meats.
Gallstone disease is a dangerous disease and causes stone formation in the biliary tract, the prerequisite for the occurrence is considered to be stagnation of bile.
Medication after removal of the gallbladder
The amount of bile produced does not change in any way after removal of the gallbladder. Therefore, you need to know what medications to take with a removed gallbladder. Treatment after removal of the gallbladder consists of taking antibiotics in the first 3 days after surgery. They are necessary to prevent complications. After removal of the gallbladder, treatment is prescribed to restore the gastrointestinal flora. It is necessary to take such tablets after removal of the gallbladder:
” title=”- 12 Treatment after removal of the gallbladder”>
- Biobacton et al.
In addition, patients experience digestive problems, therefore, preparations containing dried bile of cows, sheep, goats are often prescribed. Most popular drinkers:
- Liobil and others.
It is imperative to drink medications to prevent stones in the biliary tract of the liver:
After being discharged from the hospital, the patient receives a sick leave, which lists all drugs for the rehabilitation period. In case of side effects, a sharp deterioration in health, you should contact your doctor to correct the treatment.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Drugs that help break down food
After removal of the gallbladder, medications containing enzymes are prescribed to normalize digestion. The main indications for taking them: frequent constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, flatulence, a feeling of heaviness in the stomach. Along with taking medications, the intake of fermented milk products (kefir, yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese) has a beneficial effect on the body.
Preparations for malfunctions of the digestive system:
- Activated carbon.
- Lactulose disaccharide, etc.
There are drugs that stimulate the production of their own enzymes involved in digestion:
Ursofalk and Ursosan have proven to be excellent in the treatment of nausea. Nausea occurs in almost all patients who have had gallbladder removal surgery.
Painkillers for removed gallbladder
After removal of the gallbladder, postcholicystectomy syndrome may occur, the symptom of which is mild or severe pain. To eliminate pain, the doctor prescribes analgesics:
- Fentanyl, etc.
If after two or three days the pain does not go away, then anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed:
- Nurofen (Ibuprofen).
- Instant 400.
- Inforin et al.
Some patients are additionally prescribed antispasmodics. For instance:
- Pirenzepine and others.
This is a short list of medications to take when your gallbladder is removed. Taking these drugs should be only after agreement with the attending physician. In another case, it is possible to significantly aggravate your condition or provoke a relapse.
Choleretic with removed gallbladder
The most effective drug for removing the gallbladder is cholenzyme. Cholenzyme has a choleretic effect and can be used for gastrointestinal disorders, flatulence, cholecystitis, diarrhea, gastritis and pancreatitis. It is also prescribed for patients leading a sedentary lifestyle, eating too fatty, fried and spicy foods. If the cholenzyme is not suitable for some reason, then you can drink allochol, which has similar functions.
Drugs that restore and strengthen the liver
Treatment of the liver after removal of the gallbladder should be aimed at enhancing its work, as well as restoring damaged areas and preventing the formation of stones. This is necessary due to the fact that after removal of the gallbladder, the main load fell on the liver. Damage to the biliary tract, or if the biliary tract is removed, can provoke biliary cirrhosis. Therefore, it is imperative to treat the liver after removing the gallbladder.
A remedy for the treatment, restoration and strengthening of the liver is called a hepatoprotector. The most basic among them drink:
- Fan Detox, available in stick form. The main action of the drug is aimed at removing toxins from the liver. Has no pronounced side effects, except for individual intolerance.
- Hepabene. It is prescribed for re-formation of stones in the biliary tract, hepatitis, psoriasis. It is forbidden to take during pregnancy, as well as during lactation.
- Essentiale. The main action is aimed at the elimination of toxins, liver damage due to hepatitis, drugs and alcohol. The main disadvantage is a large number of side effects.
- Liv-52. It is prescribed for liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, cholecystitis. It is forbidden to take the drug for chronic inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Carsil. It is used for liver damage, metabolic disorders. Has practically no side effects.
- Phosphogliv. It has proven itself well in the treatment of liver damage, eczema, psoriasis. There are practically no side effects, except for the appearance of an allergic reaction.
- Hofitol. It is a natural herbal preparation. It is used for liver cirrhosis, obesity, and various intoxications.
- Galsten. Perfectly normalizes the state of the body after a cholecystectomy. It is not prescribed for complications of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and biliary tract.
The most important advice of the therapist and therapy after removal of the bile must be strictly observed.