Inflammatory processes that occur on the mucous membrane of the bladder cause a lot of discomfort and are accompanied by pain. Oddly enough, but it is the sexual intercourse that often becomes the starting point of the onset of cystitis (postcoital), with which women will have a serious struggle.
Causes of appearance
To provoke the appearance of cystitis after having sex can:
- The physiological location of the urethra, due to which it is on the eve of the vagina that the urethra opens, and vaginal discharge can freely enter the bladder.
- Scarring of tissues in the area of rupture of the hymen, due to which the exit of the urethra does not completely close and serves as a passage to the bladder and urethra for vaginal discharge.
- Fluctuations in the hormonal background, which adversely affects the tone of the walls of the urethra, significantly reducing it and increasing the likelihood of infection.
- Failure to comply with personal hygiene partners.
- Prolonged abstinence from sex, which can provoke an inflammatory process after the restoration of sexual activity.
- The presence of sexually transmitted diseases in one of the partners, etc.
Danger of cystitis after sex
The danger of postcoital cystitis lies in the fact that, in addition to obvious discomfort and pain with untimely measures and insufficient intensive therapy, there can be a transition from an acute form of the disease to a chronic one, and in some cases the spread of inflammation to other organs and systems of the body.
” title=”- 6 Cystitis after intimacy causes, diagnosis and treatment”>
Symptoms in women
Symptoms of cystitis after intimacy appear within the first 24 hours, most often after 8-10 hours. This happens in the form:
- Pain sensations concentrated in the lower abdomen.
- Pain syndrome when emptying the bladder.
- Discomfort and burning in the urethra.
- Partial uncontrolled urine flow (often just a few drops)
- Discoloration of urine (dark discoloration, sometimes bloody)
The detection of one or more symptoms after intercourse should alert and become an incentive to see a doctor who can refute or confirm suspicions of cystitis.
Self-medication without confirmation of the diagnosis using unverified means can threaten the transition of the disease to a chronic form, which is difficult to respond to therapy, which is quite long in time. Complications from untimely or unskilled therapy can manifest themselves in the form of pyelonephritis and other equally serious diseases.
Diagnosis of cystitis after intercourse includes:
- Examination of the patient on the gynecological chair.
- Palpation of the urethra.
- Ultrasound of the bladder and/or kidneys.
- Laboratory tests: general blood test, general analysis and BAC-urine culture, examination of vaginal smears, etc.
If such a need arises, other types of research may be prescribed.
Therapy for cystitis that occurs after sex consists of many techniques, the main of which are:
- Antibacterial and antifungal drugs, antibiotics – to eliminate foci of inflammation in the vagina and bladder (Cycloferon, Fluconazole, etc.)
- Pain relievers – to relieve pain syndrome (Nurofen, Drotaverin, etc.),
- phytopreparations and herbs with anti-inflammatory and diuretic effect (Kanephron, Cyston, etc.)
- Immunostimulating agents (Lavomax, etc.) and vitamin complexes.
Surgical treatment, namely transposition of the urethra, is an intervention aimed at removing the urethra from the area of infection to a higher place with subsequent fixation. The duration of hospitalization is 2-3 days, and the rehabilitation period is no more than 7-8 days. The likelihood of recurrence of the disease after this operation is minimal.
- Introduction through the urethra of a group of antiseptics.
- Physiotherapy and remedial gymnastics.
Traditional medicines are also good helpers in the treatment of postcoital cystitis:
The exact dosage of decoctions depends on the degree of the disease and the recommendations of the attending physician.
Methods of prevention
The main ways to prevent the appearance of cystitis after sex are:
There is no age limit for cystitis, it can appear after sex, both in a 20-year-old girl and in a woman 50 years after the onset of menopause. Symptoms in both cases will be similar, and the disease itself requires prompt and qualified treatment.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.