Cystitis is an inflammatory disease of the bladder and urinary tract that is widespread. The disease occurs when microbes enter the urogenital canal and is characterized by acute pain and dangerous inflammatory processes, which have complications and, in some cases, provoke other diseases.
Despite the severity of the disease, in the early stages, cystitis can be quickly treated at home with specialized medications.
Causes of the disease
Cystitis affects 80% of women and 20% of men. This statistic is due to the fact that women have a wide and short urethra, unlike men. This structure of the genitourinary organs contributes to the easy penetration of pathogenic bacteria.
In addition, the entrance to the urethra in women is located in the immediate vicinity of the anus, which contributes to the entry into the urethra of Escherichia coli – known pathogens of cystitis.
Among the causes of cystitis are:
About 75–80% of cases are infectious. Typically, the infection enters the urethra from the vagina or anus. Infections through the kidneys, bloodstream, or lymphatic system are also less common.
Certain groups of drugs provoke inflammation of the urethra. The most common drugs with a similar effect are cytostatics, which are used to fight malignant tumors. In the process of metabolism of cytostatics, acrolein is produced, which irritates the walls of the bladder and channels.
Some women are prone to allergic manifestations in the genitourinary mucosa. The causative agent of this type of disease is an individual allergen.
You can quickly get rid of drug and allergic cystitis with the help of a number of drugs. It is much more difficult to quickly cure infectious-type cystitis at home. For the correct choice of drugs, it is best to contact specialized specialists.
In addition, factors that contribute to the onset and development of the disease include: wearing thick synthetic underwear, promiscuous sexual relations, chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and kidneys, peak hormonal conditions and hormonal disruptions, weakened immunity.
Symptoms of cystitis
Symptoms of the disease include:
- Itching and burning when urinating. This symptom is characteristic of an infectious or allergic type of disease. The infectious specificity of the disease implies the release of toxins that enter the urine and irritate the mucous membrane of the genitourinary system. With the allergic nature of cystitis, this symptom is due to a large release of histamine.
- Painful sensations. The second common symptom of cystitis is pain. The pain is most often concentrated in the lower abdomen and perineum. The level of pain sensation varies in a different range and depends on the physiological characteristics of a particular person. Only 10% of diseases occur without severe pain. Also, pain with cystitis can capture the back area and be accompanied by general malaise, increased fatigue and temperature.
- The presence of blood in the urine. Sometimes cystitis is accompanied by the presence of blood in the urine – hematuria. You can identify such a symptom by the color of urine, which takes on a pink, slightly saturated shade or a shade of red brick. The symptom is characteristic of viral type cystitis and, as a rule, indicates an acute or complicated course of the disease. With such symptoms, independent rapid treatment of cystitis is not recommended.
Mild symptoms of cystitis can be quickly removed with the help of medications, which are taken according to the doctor’s recommendations.
Rapid elimination of symptoms with medication
The main symptom of the disease, which requires a timely response, is pain in the abdomen and back. Therefore, the question of how to quickly and permanently relieve pain with cystitis at home is always acute for people who are faced with this problem.
There is a large selection of drugs on the market that quickly relieve the symptoms of cystitis. The choice of the remedy depends on a number of factors, including the nature of the disease, the degree of pain and the characteristics of the body of a particular person.
Tablets that quickly help with cystitis relieve pain symptoms are divided into 3 separate groups:
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
This group of drugs for cystitis is suitable for the rapid relief of pain and is an exclusively analgesic agent that does not affect the body and is not used for medicinal purposes. Most often, these analgesics are used for acute pain on the recommendation of the attending physician. This group of drugs includes: analgin and drugs based on acetylsalicylic acid, including Citramon and Aspirin.
The drugs that quickly help relieve the symptoms of cystitis include non-steroidal drugs that reduce acute pain attacks and have minimal anti-inflammatory effects.
Non-steroidal tablets also have side effects, therefore they are recommended only for those patients who do not have individual intolerance to substances and contraindications for use.
Among such funds are:
- Ketanol, which has an antispasmodic and analgesic effect,
- Nimesulide and drugs similar in composition and mechanism of action,
- Ibuklin, which has a complex effect – antipyretic and pain relief.
Selecting a drug of such a pharmacological group should also be done with caution; it is better to consult a doctor before choosing a remedy.
This group of drugs provides quick and effective treatment of pain symptoms during cystitis if the pain is caused by a spasm. For static pain, these pain relievers have little effect.
Among the most common means of this category are “Papaverin”, “No-shpu”, “Baralgin”, “Spazmalgon”.
Rapid elimination of symptoms using folk methods
In addition to traditional medicine for cystitis, there are alternative methods that can quickly remove pain symptoms.
How to relieve pain at the first signs of cystitis using folk methods has been known since the onset of the disease. It is noteworthy that traditional medicine methods are sometimes more effective than classic pills.
To combat this ailment, decoctions based on medicinal plants are mainly used.
Popular and effective methods of traditional medicine are:
- Tea based on chamomile, calendula, St. John’s wort and thyme. A tablespoon of such ingredients is poured into 1 glass of boiling water and infused for 15 minutes. To obtain the maximum and fastest effect, the broth is consumed 3 times a day.
- A mixture based on hemp seeds, which is prepared with the calculation – 1 tablespoon of seeds per 300 grams of warm milk. Water is also used instead of milk.
- Rosehip decoction. For cooking, you need to mix 2 tablespoons of chopped rosehip roots and 1 glass of water. The finished mixture must be boiled for 25 minutes over low heat. Then the broth should be infused for 2 hours and strain through cheesecloth.
- Tincture of chamomile and horsetail flowers. For cooking, you need to take 1 spoonful of ingredients and pour a liter of boiling water. Infuse the broth for 10 minutes and drink in small sips throughout the day.
There are also alternative methods that help to quickly minimize pain in chronic cystitis. Among such methods are popular:
- Hop tincture. To prepare the tincture, take 2 tablespoons of grated or finely chopped cones of this plant and pour a liter of boiling water. The tincture takes 60–90 minutes to prepare. Then you need to strain the product through cheesecloth and drink daily in the morning and evening,
- Chicory tincture, which is made with 3 teaspoons of chicory and 0,5 liters of boiling water. The tool is insisted for 2 hours and consumed 4 times a day. The entire course of admission should be at least 2 weeks. This tincture not only minimizes pain, but also helps to cure cystitis forever.
Effective and fast treatment of cystitis with tablets is possible only if the recommendations of experienced doctors are followed. Self-medication may not only fail to provide the desired effect, but also lead to complications.
Only specialized specialists with medical education know how to quickly cure cystitis in a particular patient, taking into account the nature of the disease and the physiological characteristics of the patient.
You can quickly cure cystitis at home with the help of special antibiotics. It should be understood that treatment with tablets can have side effects and have a general negative effect on the body. For the correct selection of the drug, it is best to do a comprehensive urine analysis, which will help you choose an antibiotic, taking into account the resistance of a particular bacterial strain, which has become the causative agent of cystitis.
You can treat cystitis at home with the following antibiotics:
- Monural. Able to destroy most pathogenic microbes and bacteria. The drug is highly effective in the rapid treatment of any type of cystitis. The main advantage of an antibiotic is the minimum list of contraindications. The drug is taken once in the evening, after dissolving 1 sachet of the substance in a glass of warm water.
- Nolitsin. One of the few drugs that quickly helps get rid of cystitis with minimal harm to the body. The effect begins to appear on the 2nd day of admission. An important advantage of the antibiotic is its rapid metabolism and excretion from the body. You need to take Nolitsin one hour before meals. The course of taking the pills is determined by the doctor.
- Erythromycin. The mechanism of action of the antibiotic is to suppress the reproduction of bacteria. It is prescribed for those patients who are allergic to penicillin. Take “Erythromechin” should be 2 hours before meals. The daily adult dosage is not more than 2000 mg.
You can quickly cure acute cystitis at home with the help of Rulida and Nitrofurantoin. These antibiotics are potent and are prescribed by a doctor’s prescription. Self-treatment with such drugs can lead to serious consequences.
Many are wondering how to quickly get rid of cystitis without harming the body at home. Unfortunately, antibiotics are the only drugs that can produce rapid, pronounced effects. The disease can be overcome relatively quickly with the help of herbal remedies, including Cyston and Kanefron.
It is necessary to take funds in accordance with the instructions. To completely get rid of the disease when taking these drugs, you need from 7 days to several months, depending on the nature and stage of the disease.
Treatment by folk methods
In traditional medicine, there are also answers to the question of how and how to quickly treat cystitis. Common folk remedies for the disease are tinctures and decoctions of medicinal herbs.
Especially popular are:
- Dill tincture, which is made from dried dill seeds, which are cut into small pieces and filled with boiling water. To prepare the tincture, pour 1 tablespoon of seeds with a glass of hot water and set for 3 hours. Drink the tincture 1-2 times a day, 100 ml at a time,
- Chamomile, which is brewed with the calculation – 1 spoon per glass of boiling water. It is necessary to brew the tincture for 15 minutes and drink it 3 times a day with meals. Also, the solution is used to wash the intimate area,
- Parsley. To prepare a folk remedy, take a tablespoon of parsley, several calendula flowers and 1-2 sprigs of celandine. Then you need to add 0,5 liters of water and boil for 10 minutes over low heat. The broth is taken 3 times a day. The first effect is noticeable after a few days of use.
There are also traditional methods of gymnastics, soda treatment and red brick treatment, the effectiveness and safety of which is doubtful, given the level of development of medicine.
Recommendations of doctors for the prevention of cystitis
The use of fast-acting tablets for the treatment of cystitis at home or courses of drug therapy in a hospital do not guarantee complete recovery and no relapse of the disease. To minimize the risks of disease, it is necessary to follow the recommendations of doctors.
The main recommendations of doctors in this area include:
- Compliance with the norms of hygiene in the genital area. Doctors recommend washing the genital area at least 2 times a day using specialized intimate hygiene products or baby soap,
- Compliance with hygiene standards before and after sexual intercourse,
- Exclusion of oral sex if the partner has infectious diseases of the oral cavity, including candidiasis, sore throat, stomatitis and other diseases,
- Wearing warm clothing during the cold season. Low temperatures are detrimental to the genitourinary system. Clothing that is not suitable for the weather leads to the development of chronic recurrent cystitis, infertility and other serious problems,
- Immunity support. Weakened immunity, colds, and exhaustion of the body significantly increase the risks of inflammation of the bladder, which is difficult to cure at home with insufficient internal resources of the body,
- Optimal fluid intake. It is necessary to drink a sufficient amount of clean water and increase its consumption during the hot season,
- Use of spacers. Women are better off using tampons to reduce the risk of disease, as tampons squeeze the urethra and introduce infection from the outside of the urethra.
Cystitis is a dangerous disease that leads to serious complications. Nevertheless, the timely treatment of cystitis with folk methods or drugs in the initial stages allows you to quickly and painlessly get rid of the disease, even at home.
In addition, compliance with hygiene standards and support of immunity significantly reduce the risks of cystitis and other diseases in the genitourinary system.