Mildronate (reviews of patients taking the drug indicate an improvement in well-being) contains the active substance meldonium, which is an analogue of y-butyrobetaine, the precursor of levocarnitine, which is part of every cell in the human body.
One capsule of the drug contains:
- Meldonium digidratum as an active substance, 250 mg;
- dried starch extracted from potatoes as a baking powder;
- silica (absorbent);
- a salt of calcium and stearic acid, as an auxiliary component.
- titanium dioxide as a filler;
- gelatin as a source of collagen.
Mildronate has indications for use only in the complex treatment of GVA; its use as an independent drug is ineffective. Prescribe the drug for such violations:
- pathologies associated with the work of the heart;
- myopathies of the heart muscle of a dishormonal type;
- chronic brain nutrition problems;
- acute problems associated with brain nutrition;
- asthmatic attacks with VVD;
- the development of chronic bronchitis against a background of vegetative dystonia;
- recovery from serious injuries and surgical interventions;
- changes in the vessels of the brain;
- headaches with VVD;
- heavy exercise;
- changes in blood pressure during the IRR.
Depending on the symptoms of the VSD, the drug can be used to eliminate a variety of pathological processes in the body.
The drug is sold in two forms, it can be purchased in
In the first case, the main active substance is in gelatin capsules and looks like a white powder. The composition of the powder includes the main active ingredient – meldonium; silica, calcium stearate and starch are used as auxiliary components. The shell contains gelatin and titanium dioxide. The capsule is colored white, dense, when opened, a white powder is found inside it.
In the second case, the active active agent meldonium is diluted with an injection solution. In this form, the drug looks like a transparent liquid sealed in glass ampoules. Normally, the solution is colorless, in the presence of an extraneous shade, it is strictly forbidden to use the solution, this may indicate a lack of tightness of the ampoule, which led to a chemical reaction.
The active substance Mildronate improves metabolism, helps to eliminate accumulated toxins from cells, has a tonic effect and protects cells from damage.
As a result of the use of Mildronate, the ability to withstand loads and quickly recover after them increases. Due to these properties, the drug is used to improve blood supply to the brain and treat various disorders of the cardiovascular system, as well as increase efficiency.
In heart failure, Mildronate according to instructions increases myocardial contractility, reduces the frequency of angina attacks, while increasing exercise tolerance.
In cases of ischemic cerebrovascular accident, Mildronate is used to improve blood circulation in the focus of ischemia, which contributes to the redistribution of blood.
Also, according to reviews, Mildronate is effective for disorders of the nervous system with withdrawal syndrome and with fundus pathology.
In what form is produced
The drug is available in two dosage forms – gelatin shell and ampoules. The white capsule contains a crystalline hygroscopic powder with a faint odor. Packed in capsules of 10 pcs. in blister strip packaging. In a cardboard bundle there are 4 cells, there is an enclosed instruction for use. Cost – from 300 rubles.
The liquid form is available in ampoules, in each of which – 5 ml of the drug, intended for intravenous injection. One ml of the drug contains 100 mg of the active substance, meldonium. The cost of packaging of 10 ampoules – from 300 rubles.
Indications and forms of release
Mildronate is produced in the form of:
- A colorless transparent solution, 1 ml of the drug contains 100 mg of the active substance – meldonium. In ampoules of 5 ml;
- White gelatin capsules containing the active substance in the form of a crystalline powder with a faint odor. 250 or 500 mg of the active substance in a capsule, 10 pieces in a blister.
What helps Mildronate? Naturally, an official document (which, among other things, WADA was also oriented to) is an instruction for use. The most popular release forms are 250 and 500 mg capsules, as well as the parenteral form in ampoules (5 ml) of a 10% solution. The solution is administered intravenously, intramuscularly, and parabulbarno (in ophthalmology).
Consider the most popular dosage – “Mildronate” 500, opening the official instructions for use:
- the drug is indicated for angina pectoris and various forms of chronic myocardial ischemia, as well as for acute heart attack;
- in the treatment of chronic heart failure (low contractile function of the myocardium);
- with cardiomyopathies of various origins and with myocardial dystrophy;
- indicated for ischemic strokes, cerebrovascular pathology and dementia;
- with fatigue and reduced performance;
- if there are increased loads, including sports;
- in the treatment of alcoholism (with the withdrawal of withdrawal symptoms).
That’s all the official testimony. But, in fact, the drug is able to increase endurance, increases resistance to stress, activates the central nervous system, accelerates the recovery of the body.
That is why many doctors began to prescribe Mildronate to each patient, both with diseases and for prevention. Truly, this medicine has become a “panacea” for those people who have suspiciousness, anxiety and hypochondria. They believe that if the visit to the doctor did not end with the prescription of the drug, then the visit is unsuccessful, and the doctor is bad. Mildronat honors this situation.
Attention! It is important to understand that with all its “pluses” everywhere in the testimony says: “the drug is used in complex therapy.” This means that separately Mildronate cannot, and indeed must not, remove myocardial ischemia, or do the same in other situations. It only helps to recover faster.
The main effect of the drug is the restoration of foci of impaired blood circulation in certain areas of the tissue where the accumulation of the undesirable amino acid carnitine occurs. Mildronate, while maintaining the speed of metabolic processes, reduces the level of carnitine, inhibiting its biosynthesis and absorption in the kidneys.
Levocarnitine is involved in the oxidation of fatty acids, reducing their speed, which are the main source of myocardial energy. Carnitine is also involved in the transport of acids across the mitochondrial membrane.
Due to the decrease in the oxidation of fatty acids in mitochondria, the cells switch to a glycolytic source, which causes the heart muscle to use oxygen in an enhanced mode. In addition, meldonium enhances the ability of red blood cells to release oxygen.
Meldonium reduces the concentration of glucose in the blood, has a cardioprotective effect, weakens the development of atherosclerosis. The drug continuously trains the heart, thereby preparing cell metabolism and membrane structures for survival under conditions of ischemic stress, if any.
The drug has a vasodilating effect due to the production of nitric oxide in the vascular endothelium (cell inner surface).
The active substance, meldonium dihydrate, has an effect on the body:
Increases the regulation of physiological and biochemical processes that are carried out through the blood, lymph, tissue flu >Mildronate, mechanism of action.
With heart failure, Meldonium digidratum increases myocardial contractility, affects the decrease in the frequency of angina attacks.
Mildronate – instructions for use and dosage
How to use the drug?
Mildronate can have an exciting effect, and even lead to sleep disturbance. Therefore, those who use it for the first time, it is recommended not to take it later than 17.00 (if a normal sleep is planned at night), but it is better to limit it to a morning reception. There are several different regimens for taking the drug, depending on the diagnosis:
- Myocardial infarction and forms of coronary heart disease require up to 1000 mg per day, up to 1,5 months. Course reception;
- With myocardial dystrophies and cardiomyopathies, 500 mg once is sufficient, for 10-14 days;
- In acute cerebrovascular accidents of ischemic nature (strokes, transient ischemic attacks), the drug is administered intravenously, for example, in combination with glucose, insulin and potassium chloride. After the course of injections, 1000 mg is prescribed daily in the morning, or 500 mg of Mildronate capsule (morning and afternoon) for 1 to 2 months.
The use of Mildronate injections is also indicated as an intravenous bolus. It should be remembered that one ampoule in 5 ml is equivalent to a “large” capsule in 500 mg of the drug, since the content of meldonium is 100 mg per 1 ml of solution.
- In case of chronic disorders of cerebral circulation (cerebral atherosclerosis, chronic cerebral ischemia), the drug is indicated for 500 mg once a day, also for a long time – up to 2 months;
- Admission to athletes, as well as to individuals who are exposed to or have undergone significant physical exertion, is recommended at a dosage of 500 to 1000 mg daily. Duration of admission is from 2 to 3 weeks;
- As part of the complex therapy of alcohol withdrawal syndrome, the drug is indicated in a high dose – up to 2000 mg per day, divided into 4 doses. The course of treatment is short – on average – 7 days.
Many people ask – which is more effective: taking Mildronate tablets, or injections? To correctly answer the question, you need to refer to the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the drug. It is known that the maximum concentration in blood plasma occurs 1 to 2 hours after ingestion.
The drug must not pass through the liver in order to activate. On the contrary, it is destroyed in the liver, turning into metabolites 3 to 6 hours after ingestion. Therefore, it is better to use an injection form, since in this case the first passage through the liver is excluded (after absorption of the drug in the duodenum in case of capsules). Of course, for this there must be all the conditions and relevant evidence.
Despite the fact that Mildronate is well tolerated, it has an activating effect, and its use at night is not recommended. It can also not be used in the development of allergies, in chronic renal and hepatic insufficiency, but a special contraindication is an increase in intracranial pressure. It can aggravate the situation, since with a lack of cerebrospinal fluid absorption, increased brain activation can lead to its increased production.
During pregnancy and lactation, as well as in children, taking Mildronate is contraindicated – simply because of the lack of necessary studies. This tool has long occupied its “niche”, brings good profits, and the company management justly does not consider it necessary to invest many millions in the organization of research, since these categories of potential patients are not demand-oriented.
Of the side effects of the intake, allergic manifestations were most often recorded – skin itching, urticaria. Often there were dyspeptic symptoms – discomfort in the abdomen, nausea when taking the capsules, and also a headache.
All side effects were dose-dependent, and developed when prescribed in a dosage of more than 1000 mg per day.
The dose and method of use of Mildronate depend on the disease:
- With cardialgia, developing against the background of dishormonal myocardial dystrophy, Mildronate is taken twice a day for 12 days at 250 mg;
- In case of cardiovascular diseases, Mildronate is indicated as part of complex therapy, up to 2 times a day, 0,5-1 g each. Treatment is usually carried out from a month to 6 weeks;
- For chronic cerebrovascular disorders take 1-2 tablets of Mildronate (500 mg each) per day for a course of 4 to 6 weeks. According to indications, treatment can be done several times a year;
- In the acute phase in case of cerebrovascular accident, Mildronate is administered intravenously for 10 days at a dose of 500 mg once a day. After that, you can switch to taking Mildronate tablets, 0,5-1 g per day. The general course of therapy is usually up to 6 weeks;
- With increased mental or physical stress, take 1 tablet of Mildronate 250 mg, up to 4 times a day for two weeks. A second course can be taken no earlier than 2 weeks.
Athletes are recommended to use Mildronate before training, twice a day for 0,5-1 g. In the preparatory period, the drug – from two to three weeks, during the competition – 2 weeks.
For disorders caused by chronic alcoholism, usually take 4 times a day, 1 tablet of Mildronate (500 mg) for 10 days.
Mildronate is indicated for use in the morning because of the possibility of developing an exciting effect.
No cases of overdose have been reported, because the drug has low toxicity and does not cause severe reactions.
After injections, in case of an increased volume of the drug, symptoms may occur:
- lowering blood pressure;
- increased heart rate;
- general weakness.
In such cases, symptomatic treatment is performed. Doctors advise to monitor the work of the kidneys and liver, but hemodialysis is ineffective, because the drug has a high level of binding to blood proteins.
Mildronate (reviews of patients taking the drug, contain information about side effects), as a rule, is well tolerated. However, in susceptible people and those who have exceeded the dose, secondary reactions may occur.
|body systems||Types of reactions||Reaction frequency|
|Lymphatic system and hematopoietic||Eosinophilia|
(increase in the number of eosinophils in the blood)
|The immune system||Allergy (redness, itching, swelling)||often|
|Cardiac system||Tachycardia, arrhythmia, hypertensive crisis||rarely|
|Vascular system||Lowering blood pressure||rarely|
|General violation||General weakness||rarely|
|Locomotor apparatus||Muscle weakness, cramping||rarely|
|The urinary system||Rapid urination||rarely|
When taking the drug, it should be remembered that it can affect the results of some laboratory and instrumental studies:
- increase the concentration of c-reactive protein in the blood;
- increase eosinophils in the blood;
- increase triglycerides and cholesterol;
- accelerate the sinus rhythm at the time of the ECG.
In the case of doping control, the drug gives a positive result, which should be considered by people participating in the competition.
Mildronate (reviews of patients taking the drug can be found on the pages of medical sites) is used with drugs:
- prolonged action (with long-lasting therapeutic effect);
- antianginal drugs (increasing blood flow to the heart);
- glycosides (herbal preparations used to treat heart failure).
The drug can be combined with drugs that affect blood microcirculation:
- reducing blood clotting activity;
- affecting heart rhythm disturbances;
- preventing thrombosis.
Meldonium enhances the action of antihypertensive drugs and vasodilators:
- calcium channel antagonists.
It is undesirable to use meldonium with these drugs at the same time, since tachycardia and hypotension may develop. And it is also able to enhance the action of drugs that expand the lumen of peripheral and coronary vessels, which reduce blood pressure.
Analogs and generics Mildronate
In addition to Mildronate, the drug Idrinol (Sotex) is available on the domestic market. Also, the active substance (meldonium) contains the following analogues of Mildronate:
- Meldonium of the domestic concern “Biochemist”;
- “Angiocardyl” in ampoules produced by the Novosibirsk Chemical Farm (OJSC “Novosibirskkhimpharm”);
- “Cardionate” produced by STADA CIS is also a generic drug manufactured in the Russian Federation.
It is available in capsules of 250 mg, and in ampoules of a similar concentration, like the original Mildronate – 5 ml, 100 mg ml.
Which is better – “Cardionate” or “Mildronate”? From a financial point of view, taking 1000 mg of Cardionate daily for a month will cost you only 231 rubles (the lowest price), and taking the original drug will cost 533 rubles. But if we talk about efficiency, then the original drug is always better, since the starting material is always cleaner.
In addition, after the emergence of interest in the drug, there were generics of meldonium, which are produced by LLC Organika, ZAO Binergiya, Solofarm. Thus, Mildronate has a whole clone of INN analogues – generics (meldonium) and brand generics (Angiocardil, Cardionate), which have similar instructions for use, lower prices and a variety of reviews.
But, as before, the most famous is “Mildronat” – the original development of Latvian scientists. It was he who gained popularity around the world as a quality tool for patients and athletes, which increases stress resistance, body endurance to stress, and improves the nutrition of the myocardium and brain.
Tags: overwork drugs heart
|Name||Action||Who is recommended||How to use|
|Preductal||Improves metabolic changes in the myocardium in conditions of ischemia,||It is prescribed for the prophylactic purpose of angina attacks, in the case of prolonged therapy of coronary heart disease.||Recommended dose: 1 tab. 2 times a day at the same time as eating|
|Akgovegin||Activates cellular metabolism, increasing glucose and oxygen transport||It is prescribed in case of insufficient, cerebrovascular disorders, trophic disorders||1-2 tablets three times a day before meals|
|Riboxin||Participates in glucose metabolism, stimulates metabolic processes that develop with ATP deficiency||It is prescribed as part of complex therapy for angina pectoris, inflammation, primary myocardial damage, alcoholic liver damage.||The drug is taken after meals 200 mg three times a day, for 2 months|
|Mexico||Restores cerebral blood flow in vegetovascular dystonia||It is intended for patients with cerebrovascular accident, vegetovascular dystonia, anxiety disorders caused by neurosis.||The main dose – 250 mg twice a day, no more than 2 weeks|
|Pyracetam||Improves memory, attention, performance, restores brain function after intoxication||It is used to treat balance disorders, memory loss.||It is taken on an empty stomach, you can divide the daily dose into two doses, the last dose is taken no later than 17 hours|
|Sodium Adenosine Triphosphate||The drug improves the metabolism and energy supply of body tissues.||It is used to stop attacks of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia.||It is administered intravenously under the control of ECG and blood pressure.|
|Melfort||Antioxidant, metabolic||With symptoms of chronic heart failure, circulatory disorders in the brain, with the withdrawal of symptoms of alcohol syndrome.||The first 10 days a solution for injection is prescribed, and then 2 capsules (500 mg) are prescribed once a day. Course – 5-6 weeks|
|Vazomag||It has an effect on metabolism, reduces the symptoms of psychophysical overstrain||It is used as a single drug, as part of complex therapy in case of cerebrovascular accident, with chronic heart failure, decreased mental performance.||In the first 10 days, it is administered intramuscularly, and then 2 capsules are prescribed per day|
|Medatern||Antioxidant, metabolic||It is used in neurology, with hemorrhagic stroke, chronic circulatory failure in the brain, and decreased performance.||1 capsule is prescribed 3 times a day for 4–5 days. Then the dose is increased, the course of treatment is up to 6 weeks.|
|Cardionate||Metabolic agent||In coronary disease, as part of complex therapy for cerebrovascular accident, circulatory disorders in the retina.||With complex therapy, 500-1000 mg is used 1 or 2 times a day, treatment is carried out up to 40 days|
The table shows approximate doses of drugs. They vary depending on the disease, the condition of the patient. Medicines and analogues are selected according to the doctor’s prescription, since many side effects can occur.
Mildronate has a large number of good reviews. Patients who took the drug correctly indicate a pronounced positive effect in the prevention of ischemic diseases.
Side effects and contraindications to the use of the drug
Mildronate has side effects, which is associated with the individual sensitivity of the body to the active substance of the drug, which can adversely affect the patient’s condition. In particular, may suffer:
- Heart and blood vessels. The development of tachycardia and a change in blood pressure towards hypertension may be noted.
- Digestive organs. Side effects from the gastrointestinal tract most often occur if you drink Mildronate tablets. Diarrhea and constipation can develop, with prolonged use of the drug and diseases of the stomach, pain in its area can be observed.
- CNS The drug can cause headaches and psycho-emotional arousal.
- The immune system. It is manifested by allergic reactions. They can occur in the form of skin rashes, urticaria, swelling of the mucous membranes.
Mildronate is not recommended for use in some cases or used with caution, if any:
- Sensitivity to the components of the drug. When the first symptoms of allergic manifestations appear, it is recommended to stop taking the drug. Sensitivity can be caused by both the main active substance and auxiliary.
- High intracranial pressure. The tool causes its increase, so the use of Mildronate for such pathologies is contraindicated.
- Brain tumors. Neoplasms can cause an increase in intracranial pressure or lead to a violation of the outflow of blood from the organ. The use of the drug can aggravate these pathologies.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Studies related to the study of the influence of the active ingredients of the drug on the fetus have not been conducted, therefore it is not recommended to take Mildronate for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Diseases of the kidneys and liver of a chronic nature. In such diseases, it is not advisable to use Mildronate, in case of its use, treatment should be carried out with caution under the supervision of the attending physician.
- Children’s age up to 12 years. The drug is completely contraindicated for use in young children, after reaching the age of 12 years of age, the drug is recommended to be used with caution.
The main advantage of Mildronate is its low toxicity. Low toxic effect ensures the safety of the patient’s health. When prescribing Mildronate, the doctor constantly monitors whether the drug helps or not, and, if necessary, adjusts the course of treatment.
How long you can take the drug depends on the nature of the disease, its stage and effectiveness, treatment should be prescribed and carried out under the supervision of a specialist in order to avoid the development of side effects of the drug. After the course of treatment, patients have normalized health status, with vascular lesions of the brain, partial or complete relief of oxygen deficiency is observed. During the use of the drug, the body more easily copes with emotional and physical stress.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page .