Inflammation of the bladder is the most unpleasant disease of the genitourinary system. It is necessary to treat the pathology in a timely manner so that it does not become chronic. For this purpose, antibiotics are used. Azithromycin has proven itself well.
Does it help with cystitis
Azithromycin is an effective broad-spectrum antibiotic. The fact that it quickly helps with inflammation of the bladder is confirmed by numerous patient reviews. Urologists also speak well about the medicine.
The drug even copes with an advanced disease. It is produced in tablets with a concentration of the active substance of 125 and 500 mg, capsules with a dose of 500 mg. There is syrup in bottles for children. Each family member can choose a convenient form of use for himself.
How and what helps with cystitis
Azithromycin acts on various pathogens: streptococci, ureaplasma, neisseria, moraxella, staphylococcus, haemophilus influenzae, gardnerella, bordetella. In case of inflammation of urea, the medication helps due to the fact that it destroys the elements in which harmful microorganisms live and develop, deprives them of their protection and nutrient medium. The impact is directed to the protein that make up viruses and bacteria. Due to this, the pathogenic microflora is quickly neutralized, and recovery occurs.
Useful properties for cystitis
Azithromycin in urology is considered the number one remedy for urea inflammation and other infectious diseases. The useful properties of the drug are as follows:
- Removal of pain syndrome.
- Recovery of urination.
- Elimination of the focus of inflammation.
- Normalization of urine analyzes.
- Prevention of relapse of the disease.
- The presence of a cumulative effect. An additional anti-inflammatory effect continues for some time after the completion of the treatment course.
- Relative harmlessness to the body. Azithromycin has a slightly different principle of action than a number of analogues. Therefore, it causes fewer side reactions from the gastrointestinal tract.
Indications and contraindications for cystitis
Azithromycin is often used for inflammation of the urea, as well as when the infection spreads to other organs. Indications for use are acute and chronic inflammatory processes in the bladder. Doctors prescribe this drug for prophylactic purposes.
The remedy has a number of contraindications. Its reception is not recommended for people who have an increased sensitivity to antibacterial agents of the macrolide group. The drug is prohibited:
- Patients with hepatic impairment.
- With severe disorders of the kidneys.
- With heart disease, manifested by arrhythmia.
- Nursing mothers.
Children after 6 months are given antibiotics with caution. A suspension is applied. From the age of 16, capsule and tablet forms are allowed.
Instruction and application
For the treatment of chronic (acute) inflammation of the bacterial type of urea, the dosage and regimen are selected by the urologist. The dose depends on weight, age, the presence of concomitant diseases. Before therapy, an analysis should be made to determine the sensitivity of pathogens to the antibiotic used.
Children under 12 years old are usually recommended to take 250 mg, for adults – 500 mg per day in a course of three days. With a complicated course of pathology, the dosage is doubled. Some doctors use this scheme: on the first day, take 500 mg, the next 4 days – 250 mg. Sometimes treatment is reduced to a single dose of 1 g.
Take the pill on an empty stomach (one hour before or a couple of hours after a meal) and drink plenty of liquid. The positive effect of the treatment occurs after three days of administration.
If the patient is using other drugs in parallel, it is worth considering:
- Aluminum and magnesium interfere with the absorption of Azithromycin.
- In order to avoid the appearance of complications, the administration of drugs that reduce the acidity of gastric juice is indicated.
- The simultaneous use of an antibiotic and Warfarin is prohibited.
- Fluconazole reduces the concentration of the active ingredient of the antibacterial agent.
- Theophylline-based preparations react with the active ingredient of the antibiotic, therefore, their simultaneous administration is not recommended.
Most of the antibiotic reviews are positive:
- Tatyana. I have had chronic inflammation of the urea for a long time. I tried many drugs, but they were ineffective: unpleasant symptoms returned after a short time. Azithromycin was recommended by a friend. I drank the antibiotic once a day for a week. Six months have already passed, and so far there have been no relapses. Therefore, I am happy with these pills.
- Marina. When I notice symptoms of urea inflammation, I always drink Azithromycin. This drug helps me quickly. I consider its additional plus cumulative effect: it continues to act for another week after taking the last pill. The price is inexpensive, easy to use. Of all the antibiotics I know, Azithromycin is the most effective so far.
- Anna. After pregnancy, cystitis often began to disturb. The doctor advised during exacerbations to drink Azithromycin in a pill for a three-day course. All symptoms of inflammation disappeared on the second day. There were no side effects during the admission. This antibiotic is much cheaper than analogues, but it helps better. Now he is always in the home medicine cabinet.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.