The inflammatory process in the bladder is provoked by the development of pathogenic microflora, therefore, doctors in complex treatment often prescribe antibiotics to patients. This includes such a remedy as Levomycetin, with cystitis, this drug allows not only to relieve acute symptoms of the disease, but also reduces the risk of the disease becoming a chronic form.
Levomycetin in the treatment of cystitis
With cystitis, Levomycetin is prescribed in the form of tablets. The drug has a broad spectrum of action and is effective against pathogens such as chlamydia, streptococcus, protea, staphylococcus and other bacteria. In addition, the agent can be used in the complex treatment of the inflammatory process caused by protozoa and fungi.
Due to the fact that the medicine can be produced in different forms, for example, ointment or chloramphenicol drops, it is actively used for the treatment of eye infections and much more.
The main advantage of the drug is that bacteria that cause cystitis do not develop resistance to the active components of the antibiotic during treatment. Due to this quality, Levomycetin from cystitis is much more effective than drugs of the penicillin and streptomycin groups.
In addition, the remedy has a fairly fast action. About 2 hours after taking the tablet, the active components of the antibiotic are distributed throughout the body. The duration of action is 6 hours.
The dosage regimen is agreed with the attending physician. This takes into account both the patient’s age and his individual characteristics. The instructions for use provide the following scheme for taking Levomycetin:
- adult men and women – 1 tablet with a dosage of 500 mg (you can take 2 tablets of 250 mg at once) 4 times a day. The drug is taken 30 minutes before meals, with plenty of water,
- children – dosage and duration are calculated individually, based on the weight and age of the child.
Treatment of cystitis with chloramphenicol should last at least 7 days and, most importantly, no more than 10. The attending physician should give detailed information on how to take chloramphenicol for cystitis.
Important! The dosage of the drug and the duration of therapy should be fully agreed with the attending physician. With uncontrolled intake and an excessively long course, Levomycetin can accumulate in the liver, provoking complications.
Like any other antibiotic, Levomycetin has a number of contraindications, which are important to consider before starting therapy. These include:
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Age to 3 years.
- Disorders in the work of the kidneys.
- Liver damage.
- Diseases of the blood of the organs of the hematopoietic system.
- Individual intolerance to antibiotic components.
Important! During the treatment of cystitis with the use of Levomycetin, it is necessary to stop drinking alcohol. Otherwise, the risk of developing seizures, cough reflex, vomiting and hives increases.
- How to quickly cure cystitis at home.
- First (emergency) aid for cystitis.
- How to permanently cure cystitis.
Antibiotic compatibility with other drugs
Levomycetin is not recommended for use in conjunction with antibiotics such as streptocid and ristomycin. When combined, a violation of hematopoiesis is possible. The same side effect occurs if the drug is used with radiation therapy.
In addition, the antibiotic reduces the effectiveness of medicines containing iron, as well as some contraceptives. In the case of simultaneous administration of the drug with penicillins, the effectiveness of both drugs may decrease.
It is worth noting that Levomycetin combines well with non-traditional remedies such as teas, fruit drinks, decoctions and infusions. It can also be administered in conjunction with antispasmodics and uroseptics. The correct combination of complex therapy means is the key to successful treatment of bladder diseases.
While taking Levomycetin, in some cases, side effects may develop. Common complications include:
- damage to the oral mucosa and loss of taste sensitivity. Often, patients develop stomatitis,
- disturbances in the digestive tract, accompanied by a feeling of nausea, diarrhea, vomiting,
- decreased visual acuity and the development of conjunctivitis,
- exacerbation of skin diseases such as eczema and dermatitis,
- changes in the patient’s mood. More often, patients complain of apathy, depression, a feeling of chronic fatigue, much less often of increased excitability,
- disturbances in the work of the cardiovascular system,
- development of allergic reactions.
Important! If side effects occur, you must immediately stop taking the drug and consult your doctor!
Is addiction possible to the drug
Levomycetin refers to antibiotics that do not addictive in patients, and also do not provoke the development of resistance in microorganisms. Due to this, if necessary, the course treatment with the agent can be repeated several times within a short period of time.
Reviews about the drug
In order to have an idea of how to take the drug, and what side effects you may experience during therapy, it is worth reading the reviews of people who have experienced the effect of the antibiotic on themselves.
I know what cystitis is since my student days. It is enough to catch a cold or wet your feet in spring or autumn, and that’s it, the symptoms of the disease appear almost immediately. I consulted a doctor about taking Levomycetin, as the drug has many side effects. The remedy helps me to cure cystitis in a short time.
I take one pill and after about an hour, the pain starts to ease. I wash it down with sweet tea or fruit drink, because the antibiotic tastes very bitter. I buy a drug in paper packaging, tablets are ordinary, white. True, once I bought Levomycetin, covered with a special shell, you can simply swallow it, but it also cost several times more.
I have heard a lot about the side effects of chloramphenicol, but I believe that there is still more benefit from it. I myself often drink it for cystitis: for me, this is the most effective way to relieve pain. He helps me very well, literally in 5 days all the symptoms of the disease disappear.
The only drawback that I experienced myself was problems with the stomach and intestines. Therefore, along with the antibiotic, I take probiotics. I believe that the appointment of chloramphenicol for cystitis in women is fully justified.
Sergey Nikolaevich, doctor
I have nothing against Levomycetin. An affordable and effective drug, but it should only be taken after consulting a doctor. Perhaps, among the inexpensive means, it is one of the best. The only thing is, I try not to prescribe it to children, but to choose lighter analogs.
Victoria Andreevna, doctor
I prescribed Levomycetin to my patients back in Soviet times. This is a very strong antibiotic that has a rather negative effect on the intestinal microflora. With cystitis, I try to replace it with analogues, for example, Cephalosporin. I write out extremely rarely, and only when the patient has no obvious contraindications.
Most of the elderly patients consider this remedy to be the only effective antibiotic. I recommend paying attention to modern drugs. In the event that you still want to stay at Levomycetin, do not be too lazy to get to a specialist and get a full consultation.
Despite the fact that the reviews on chloramphenicol, prescribed for cystitis, are quite positive, nevertheless, it is important to remember about the individual characteristics of your body.
Among the analogues of the drug, there are:
- Cefuroxime is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is used to treat diseases of the urinary system. It has the same contraindications as Levomycetin.
- Nolitsin – despite a similar therapeutic effect, the drug is prohibited from taking to persons under 18 years of age. It is often prescribed for the treatment of cystitis in patients with renal failure when Levomycetin is prohibited.
- Amoxiclav – the product can be produced in the form of tablets and suspensions. Has a similar effect and can be used to treat children, pregnant and lactating women.
- Monural is an effective analogue of Levomycetin, but it is not prescribed for pregnant women and children under 5 years of age. The remedy is prescribed for inflammation of the bladder of a bacterial nature.
- Synthomycin – is prescribed much less frequently than Levomycetin. It is prescribed to patients with individual intolerance and a tendency to skin diseases.
The cost of the drug depends on the manufacturer and packaging option. For example, tablets in a standard paper package without instructions cost 15-17 rubles for 10 pieces with a dosage of 250 mg. There is also Levomycetin Aktitab worth 100 rubles and above.
Levomycetin is an affordable antibiotic for the treatment of cystitis in children and adults. It is an effective drug that is broad-spectrum and non-addictive. Despite this, due to the high risk of side effects, it is important to visit a doctor before starting therapy, read the instructions for use of the drug and pass accompanying tests.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.