Various diseases prevent a woman from enjoying all the joys of motherhood after childbirth. Disorders of urination are the most common.
Most women in labor experience pain during the act of urination. Usually, this unpleasant symptom disappears three days after natural childbirth. Pain often occurs after a cesarean section. Only then is it localized in the seam area. It happens that the pain persists for a long time. This indicates a pathological process in a woman’s body.
Soreness during the urinary process occurs for various reasons, which doctors combine into two groups: infectious and non-infectious.
Infectious reasons include:
- Infectious cystitis.
- Inflammation of the urinary tract.
Inflammation often develops due to impaired plasma clotting, severe blood loss, vitamin deficiency, placenta residues in the fetal membrane, surgical intervention during delivery, weak labor, violation of the rules of intimate hygiene.
With a decrease in immunity, the genitourinary system can be affected by pathogenic microorganisms that are constantly present in the human body: when the defenses are weakened, pathogenic bacteria become activated and begin to multiply.
Non-infectious causes include:
- Injuries and cracks in the urinary canal. Damage sometimes occurs when a catheter is used during labor to allow urine to drain. Careless introduction of the device injures the mucous membrane of the urinary canal. There is a risk of damage when using a vacuum extractor, obstetric forceps.
- Pathologies in the urinary system. Often, diseases of the genitourinary system, which a woman had before pregnancy, exacerbate in the first three weeks after childbirth. So, the pain syndrome when emptying the bladder may indicate a relapse of pyelonephritis, cystitis.
- Overcrowding of urea due to its elongation and loss of tone. This is typical after epidural anesthesia.
- Crotch stitches. If they are torn or cut, they will feel painful when urine gets in.
- Excessive physical, emotional stress during difficult childbirth. Severe overstrain of the organs and muscles of the small pelvis subsequently gives pain when the bladder is emptying.
If, a few days after the tears and incisions have healed, urinary pain persists, most likely its cause is an infectious process.
How dangerous is it
The degree of danger of painful urination after childbirth depends on the nature, severity and duration of the syndrome. If after a few days the unpleasant symptom does not go away, then there is a pathology. Diseases after delivery are dangerous because the body is weakened and cannot resist pathogenic microorganisms. If pain is ignored, the disease progresses, causing complications and disrupting the work of a number of organs and systems.
In order to diagnose the disease, a woman should make an appointment with a urologist and gynecologist. The doctor will examine and interview the patient, prescribe certain examinations. Usually directed to:
- Delivery of urine analysis.
- Cystography (X-ray of the bladder with the introduction of a contrast agent)
- Delivery of plasma analysis.
- Cystoscopy (examination of urea with a sensor with a built-in video camera),
- Ultrasound diagnostics.
The results of these studies make it possible to judge the state of the bladder and kidneys, the presence of an inflammatory process. A cough test is done to diagnose incontinence.
Treatment and what to do
The first thing a woman needs to do if she has pain when emptying urea after childbirth is to contact a competent specialist and undergo a full examination. After diagnosing the pathology, the doctor will select an effective treatment regimen. Several methods are used to eliminate unpleasant symptoms:
The choice depends on the type and severity of the disease. Sometimes methods are combined. If the cause of the pain syndrome is in microtraumas, seam ruptures, and a decrease in urea tone, then surgical intervention is indicated. Cystitis, endometritis, pyelonephritis are treated with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs. In symptomatic treatment, pain relievers and antispasmodics are used.
In order to prevent pain after childbirth, experts recommend performing a set of Kegel exercises during pregnancy to strengthen the muscle frame. It is useful to practice remedial gymnastics. The list of exercises, the intensity of the load is selected by a specialist in exercise therapy.
Hypothermia should be avoided in the postpartum period. It is important to visit the toilet every two hours to avoid stagnating urine in the urine. It is also necessary to adhere to the intimate hygiene regime (wash and change pads). If unpleasant symptoms appear, you should immediately visit a doctor: all diseases must be treated in a timely manner.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.