Differential diagnosis is based on a description of pain.
When making a diagnosis, take into account:
- location of pain;
- the place of spread of pain excitement;
- type of pain, its duration, nature.
It is not enough to determine only the species; diagnostic studies should be carried out. All the signs connected together will allow you to correctly diagnose.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
- Heart ailments
- Pain in the chest and back: causes of pain in the middle, on the right, on the left, giving back pain
- What organs are located in the chest
- Bruises, sprains
- Heart Disease
- Lung diseases
- Psychological diseases amid stress
Pain in the chest, tearing and radiating to the back, occurs with dissection of the chest aorta, arterial hypertension. Constantly acute or intermittent pain is often associated with pericarditis. In this case, the pain in the middle of the chest is aggravated by breathing, swallowing, and in the supine position. Burning pain in the area from the epigastrium to the neck indicates the presence of reflux esophagitis.
Severe pain that begins after vomiting occurs after rupture of the esophagus. But multiple signs may indicate other causes. Sudden pain surrounding the middle part of the chest is characteristic of infectious diseases. A secondary symptom is the appearance of a rash.
Pain that does not have a specific location, sometimes occurring in the lower chest, upper abdomen, indicates a peptic ulcer. The reasons contributing to its appearance are alcoholism, smoking. Symptoms lessen after taking antacids or food. Constant happens with fibromyalgia, felt in all parts of the body, including the sternum.
Pressing pain occurs with stable angina pectoris, a heart attack, can occur in one side of the chest, behind the sternum, in the center. It passes during a period of rest, occurs during physical exertion, with a diagnosis of angina pectoris.
Baking, dagger short-term pain is characteristic of angina pectoris. Burning in the chest almost always indicates cardiological causes. Pain sensations concentrate in the region of the heart, disperse throughout the chest, surrendering to the arm, neck, shoulder blade. The sintering character is inherent in other diseases: pleural, in the digestive tract, disorders in the musculoskeletal system.
With an unknown etiology, it is necessary to hospitalize the patient for further examination. Removal of pain symptoms is carried out using analgesics. Reducing pain after taking it does not eliminate the need to identify diseases.
Alarming symptoms suggesting serious causes of sternal pain:
- increased sweating;
- asymmetry of respiratory sounds;
- the appearance of heart murmur;
- tachycardia, bradycardia.
|Group of drugs||Name||Recommendations||Nitroglycerine||Weaken the heart arteries, reduce the load of venous blood|
|Thrombolytic||Tenectellase||Restore blood flow to clogged vessels|
|Streptokinase||Trombo Ass||Prevention of strokes, myocardium, thromboembolism|
|Drugs for||Phosphalugel||Used for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, neutralize acid, protect the mucous membrane|
|NSAIDs||Aspirin Cardio||With angina pectoris, primary prophylaxis|
In case of panic attacks accompanying pain in the sternum, the doctor prescribes antidepressants to control emotions.
Therapy for osteochondrosis, bruises:
- Analgesics: Tramal, Ambene.
- Antispasmodics: Lidocaine, Trimecaine.
- Anti-inflammatory: Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Nimesil.
- Vasodilator: Actovegin, Trental.
- Chondroprotectors: Rumaclon, Chondrolon, Chondroxide.
For rib fractures, expectorant drugs are offered to prevent post-traumatic pneumonia:
And also conducted courses of medical procedures:
- gymnastics for ventilation;
- physiotherapeutic procedures;
- UHF therapy;
- massage classes.
For chest pain resulting from stress, unrest, you need to conduct relaxing exercises, do yoga, take walks in the fresh air.
In complex cases of heart disease, surgical procedures are performed:
- Angioplasty and stent placement. If chest pain is caused by a blockage in the artery that nourishes the heart, a stent surgery is performed.
- Bypass surgery. An operation to restore an aorta that delivers blood from the heart to other organs.
- Lung drainage with pneumothorax.
- Emergency surgery to restore aortic dissection.
The likelihood of life-threatening illnesses increases with age, and diagnosis and recovery from illness is difficult. Therefore, any changes in the body that violate the usual way of life, especially such as pain in the middle, left or right in the chest, must be taken very seriously.
It happens that various organs give pain of the same localization. This is due to the fact that the body through the nerve endings sends a huge amount of signals to the human brain about a problem with an organ. The nerve paths approach the sternum, branch out and give in to pain in this area. Sometimes the signals can be of the same type or incorrectly recognized, then it is difficult to determine in which organ the problem arose.
When making a diagnosis, it is necessary to take into account the nature of the arising pain, the conditions under which it appears, the nutrition system, and the load. A medical history will help to correctly diagnose.
What are the main common causes of severe pain in the sternum in the middle and in the back:
- problems in the thoracic spine (osteochondrosis, spondylarthrosis, intervertebral hernia, etc.);
- cardiovascular diseases;
- a consequence of a chest injury;
- diseases of the stomach or esophagus;
- bronchopulmonary diseases.
Pain in the chest in the middle, giving back to the quite common complaint of many patients, both older and very young. Such symptoms are associated with many ailments in the body and this applies not only to the spine, but to many other organs.
It is possible that a person will feel aching pain behind the sternum, sharp, dull, or accompanied by additional signs, such as burning, numbness, and the occurrence of “goose bumps” throughout the body. All these signs cause considerable suffering and need urgent examination and adequate treatment.
This type of pain is a very common syndrome. Such serious ailments can cause it:
- Pathology of the spine
- Ailments of the heart, respiratory system and digestive system
- Malignant formation.
Signs of intercostal neuralgia are very similar to osteochondrosis. The pain is felt in the chest area, can be given to the left shoulder blade and arm, often increases with movements. The cause of neuralgia can be osteochondrosis, prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position, heavy physical activity, hypothermia.
The cause of pain in the back and chest, may be a vertebral hernia. Over time, the spinal column bends, the intervertebral discs become thinner, the fibrous ring bursts.
In this case, severe pain occurs in the back and chest. In addition, there is a feeling of constriction in the sternum, with coughing it can intensify.
A hernia of the thoracic spine is quite rare, but an unpleasant ailment that causes serious consequences.
Scoliosis of any degree also causes pain behind the sternum in the middle and can also give back. Often, scoliosis and cofoscoliosis appear at an early age. A long stay in the wrong position, various injuries, joint hypermobility syndrome often become a reason for curvature. Change in posture causes severe pain between the shoulder blades and in the sternum.
Scoliosis in an advanced state is practically incurable, therefore it is very important to take timely measures.
Chest pain, which is often accompanied by burning and gives back, is a characteristic symptom of angina pectoris.
It is believed that with heart ailments it is localized in the left side of the chest, but, nevertheless, this is not always the case. It is with angina that pulling chest pain can affect the lower back and even the left arm.
In this condition, there is almost always a sense of fear, a strong heartbeat.
Acute myocardial infarction is also characterized by acute chest pain extending to the back, left arm, sometimes the neck and even the lower jaw.
At the slightest suggestion of a myocardial infarction, an ambulance should be urgently called because the disease can be life-threatening.
This symptomatology is often observed with pericarditis and myocarditis. The patient experiences pain in the depths of the chest, which can give back, there is weakness, swelling, lowering blood pressure. With myocardium, often this symptomatology is combined with fever.
A rupture of the esophagus is a serious ailment. There is a violation of its integrity and the contents of the esophagus enters the chest cavity. The pains with this pathology are very strong, felt in the middle of the chest and give to the back, increase with coughing and sudden movements. In this case, you should immediately seek medical help.
Another unpleasant ailment affecting the gastrointestinal tract is a hiatal hernia. Pain sensations are similar to bouts of angina pectoris, increase in the supine position, along with this there is heartburn, pain in the stomach.
Aching pain behind the sternum is considered the first sign of injury. For example, a fracture of the ribs or chest is characterized by severe pain giving back. In addition, these signs often accompany damage to internal organs.
Cancerous tumors often become the reason for the development of the above symptoms.
The pain behind the sternum in the middle can occur with cancer of the esophagus, when the formation reaches a huge size, it squeezes the chest and gives it to the back.
Moreover, with various tumors of the spine, respiratory organs, as well as with such a pathology as leukemia, pain in the chest and back is always present.
- The treatment of diseases of the spine largely depends on the development of the disease, symptoms and health status of the patient. As a rule, the therapeutic course covers drug therapy, therapeutic exercises, special massages, water procedures and others. In more complex cases, surgical methods are used.
- With such serious pathologies as myocardial infarction, rupture of the esophagus, serious injuries and other life-threatening ailments, immediate medical assistance is relied on
- For the successful treatment of angina pectoris, myocarditis and other heart ailments, the attending physician prescribes an examination, which includes ECG, blood tests. Based on the examination, the doctor prescribes the necessary therapeutic course to the patient.
- If this symptomatology occurs against a background of respiratory diseases, then antibacterial therapy, antitussive drugs are indicated, in severe cases, surgery
- Malignant tumors need timely and competent treatment, in which the patient must strictly comply with all the doctor’s prescriptions. Usually, with these pathologies, a special complex treatment is prescribed.
Pain in the chest and back: causes of pain in the middle, on the right, on the left, giving back pain
Chest pain with osteochondrosis signals problems in the thoracic spine. The nature of the pain is compressive, stitching, cutting, burning sensation is felt. Pain can be given in the heart, disguising itself as a disease of the cardiovascular system.
Chest pain can occur with a deep breath, a long stay in one position, raising arms, as well as coughing, sneezing. Often the syndrome can worsen at night, cause lack of air, cause a person to panic.
Many people are unaware that the pain is due to breast osteochondrosis and goes to a therapist or cardiologist. An experienced specialist is able to recognize the true cause of the disease and refer the patient to a neurologist for diagnosis and further treatment of the spine.
Pain in the chest is often a clear sign of breast osteochondrosis. This department is the most durable part of the spine, but it is not worth excluding the presence of pathology in it.
Lack of physical exertion, scoliosis, weight lifting – those are the factors that provoke the development of breast osteochondrosis.
When moving, they compress the spinal roots and blood vessels: blood circulation in the chest organs worsens, their innervation is disturbed. If osteochondrosis progresses, pressure on the paravertebral structures increases – pain appears.
The figure shows the pressure of the vertebra on the nerve endings of the spinal cord.
The localization of pain can be different. It all depends on in which area of the thoracic region the intervertebral discs are destroyed. If the roots located in the area of 2-3 vertebrae are pinched, pains appear in the chest.
Chest pain can also occur with pathology in the cervical spine. However, in most cases, chest pain indicates chest osteochondrosis.
Thoracic osteochondrosis is the most “insidious” form of the disease, since at the first stages of its development it may not appear at all. Pain occurs much later: when protrusion or intervertebral hernia formed. In this pain:
- appears when moving, bending and turning the body, sneezing and coughing;
- worse when you try to take a deep breath and exhale;
- gives to the stomach, liver or heart;
- accompanied by discomfort in the right or left hypochondrium;
- has a single or bilateral character (with lateral and median hernia, respectively);
- bothers constantly or occurs periodically.
All pain in the chest with thoracic osteochondrosis is divided into two categories (see table.).
|Criterion||Type of pain|
|The nature of pain||Cutting, sharp, occurs suddenly (may appear at night)||Moderate but gradually increasing|
|Duration||It does not last long (subsides within 30 minutes after the attack)||Chronic pain (lasts from 2 to 3 weeks)|
|Pain provoking factor||Change in body position after monotonous work in one position (for example, lifting from a chair)||Deep breathing, sharp bends and torso, getting out of bed after sleep|
|Movement pain intensity||Strengthens (with torso, arm rotation)||Passes after a short walk|
|Impact on physical activity||Stiffness in the muscles of the neck and shoulders, severe restriction of movements, shortness of breath||There is a feeling of stiffness in the cervico-shoulder region. The pain is tolerant, so it does not severely restrict movement and does not affect the physical activity of a person|
The most severe manifestation of thoracic osteochondrosis is acute pain in the ribs (intercostal neuralgia). In intensity, they are second only to renal colic.
In addition to chest pain with osteochondrosis, the patient may experience other symptoms of radicular syndrome:
- violation of the sensitivity of the skin (“crawling creeps”) in the affected vertebrae;
- worsening reflexes, decreased muscle tone, which are located below the chest;
- cooling, pallor of the skin of the lower extremities;
- cough, shortness of breath.
The clinical manifestation of thoracic osteochondrosis resembles the symptoms of pneumonia, pathology of the cardiovascular system (see table).
|Cause of chest pain||Pain features||Difference from pain in breast osteochondrosis|
|Heart attack, angina pectoris||Lasts from 20 to 40 minutes. Pain is localized on the left, but can also occur on the right side of the chest. Sometimes radiating to the shoulder and left arm, the area of the scapula, lower jaw and abdomen.||The pain is more pronounced and is combined with the following symptoms: excessive sweating, low blood pressure, shallow breathing, dizziness.|
With angina pectoris, chest pain subsides after taking nitroglycerin.
|Pneumonia||Constantly worries, aggravated by breathing.||It is not clearly localized, accompanied by cough, mucus, fever, headaches.|
|Pulmonary Thrombus||It occurs suddenly. The clinical manifestation of pain (its localization, intensity) resembles myocardial infarction. The intensification of pain is observed with breathing, coughing.||The patient noted: a drop in blood pressure, severe shortness of breath, hemoptysis, tachycardia, blueness of the upper half of the body.|
It is impossible to determine what causes the chest to hurt without consulting a doctor. Only a specialist can make the correct diagnosis.
Identify the exact cause of chest pain is possible only after a comprehensive examination. In order to exclude diseases of the heart and lungs, the patient undergoes an ECG, echocardiography, fluorography. If pathologies of the chest organs are not detected, the following methods of spinal examination are prescribed:
- Contrast discography – performed to assess the condition of the intervertebral discs (cracking, protrusion).
- Myelography – the diagnosis of the spinal cord using a contrast medium.
- Computed, magnetic resonance imaging – help determine the stage of osteochondrosis, the type of pinched root, to identify the site of destruction of the intervertebral disc.
The use of CT and MRI is relevant in cases of suspected osteochondrosis, spondylarthrosis, a tumor of the spine and surrounding tissues, and preparation for surgery. Such diagnostic methods help to diagnose, determine the nature of complications, the amount of necessary therapy. In severe cases, the test results are transmitted to specialists around the world via the Internet.
If osteochondrosis is a “provocateur” of chest pain, the following can be seen in the pictures:
- decrease in the height of the intervertebral discs;
- squeezing of the spinal cord, its roots and blood vessels (in the chest form of osteochondrosis, compression myelopathy is rare);
- the presence of osteophytes in the vertebrae, protrusion, or intervertebral hernia;
- inflammation of the roots and surrounding tissue;
- severe scoliosis, lordosis or kyphosis.
In patients with thoracic osteochondrosis, the risk of developing bronchial asthma, inflammation of the heart muscle is significantly increased. Therefore, after confirming the relationship between chest pain and spinal pathology, treatment should be started immediately.
If chest pain occurs due to compression of the spinal roots, which are responsible for the nervous support of the chest organs, the spine should be treated.
Therapy of osteochondrosis involves the use of medications, auxiliary treatment methods.
Its main goals are to reduce pressure on the roots, improve metabolic processes in the tissues of the spine, and restore the function of damaged neurons.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs:
- remove inflammation in the place of clamping of roots, vessels of the spinal cord;
- reduce swelling of tissues;
- reduce the severity of pain.
Chondroprotectors. Operating principle:
- restore the elasticity of the intervertebral discs;
- saturate damaged tissues with nutrients;
- prevent further destruction of cartilage.
Painkillers and warming drugs. Result after their application:
- blood circulation is normalized in a sore spot;
- stiffness in the muscles disappears;
- metabolism in bone and cartilage tissues is activated.
Vasodilating and improving metabolic processes:
- relieve spasms of blood vessels;
- stimulate blood flow to the organs of the chest and damaged tissues;
- accelerate metabolism.
- With severe pain in the chest, glucocorticoids or novocaine blockades are sometimes used.
- Additional methods of treating osteochondrosis are used in combination with drug therapy. As a rule, appoint:
- Physiotherapeutic procedures – help relieve pressure from the roots, eliminate muscle cramps. A positive effect in osteochondrosis is provided by:
- mud treatment;
- exposure to laser, ultraviolet;
- shock wave therapy;
Massage, manual therapy (not used in the acute period of the disease). Therapeutic effect:
- muscle functions are restored (pathological reflexes disappear);
- blood circulation in the tissues of the spine, chest;
- metabolic processes in the body are normalized.
Manual therapy is not used for severe back and chest pain, pregnancy, fresh spinal injuries, exacerbation of chronic diseases and high blood pressure.
Therapeutic gymnastics. The effect of classes:
- muscle corset is strengthened;
- functions of joints, ligaments and muscles are restored;
- spinal tension decreases.
The effectiveness of physiotherapy exercises is much higher if you perform exercises in warm water. It is equally useful for breast osteochondrosis to engage in swimming.
Recovery of the patient largely depends on how well he eats. A balanced diet helps to quickly cope with the disease, restore the functions of all organs and systems of the body. Therefore, with osteochondrosis, accompanied by pain in the chest, it is recommended:
- Include in the menu dishes that contribute to the restoration of cartilage (jelly, jellied fish, jellied meat).
- Eat foods rich in fiber and calcium (fresh vegetables, fruits, milk, cottage cheese).
- Eat 4-5 times a day: in small portions. Overeating is one of the reasons for gaining excess weight, and, as you know, it increases the load on the spine.
- To minimize the use of salty foods, sweets, smoked meats.
- Drink as much water as possible (lack of fluid in the body negatively affects the state of cartilage).
- Refuse strong coffee and tea (caffeine leaches calcium).
What organs are located in the chest
The thoracic spine consists of 12 vertebrae. 12 pairs of pectoral nerves responsible for the internal organs located in this part of the body pass through them.
When the pain in the sternum and gives in the back in the middle, this becomes a serious reason to pay a visit to the doctor.
Pain in the back giving to the chest creates some difficulties with diagnosis: the patient often cannot accurately determine the localization of pain. An exacerbation of osteochondrosis is taken for an attack of angina pectoris, a beginning heart attack – for problems with the spine.
The thoracic spine is the most immobile, compared with the cervical and lumbar. His task is to create the support of the skeleton.
This explains the fact that hernias and protrusions occur very rarely in the thoracic region. The thoracic vertebrae are also less prone to injury.
The most common disease of the spine. According to statistics, it affects almost 70% of the adult population. The peculiarity of osteochondrosis of the thoracic region is the non-specificity of the symptoms. At an early stage, any manifestations are absent.
The first signs appear when the medical vertebral discs are severely destroyed and the nerve endings are pinched. Thoracic osteochondrosis is often called a “chameleon”, as the pain gives to the chest, between the ribs.
Often patients take the symptoms of osteochondrosis for the manifestation of ischemia, gastric ulcer, pneumonia. The disease can be differentiated by the characteristic tension of the muscles of the back and chest, intensifying after prolonged sitting in one position.
Important! On palpation of the vertebrae, acute or pulling pain occurs in them, which does not occur with pathologies of the heart or gastrointestinal tract.
Kyphosis is a curvature of the spinal column in the back. Kyphosis is most common in the thoracic region. Spinal curvature can be triggered by injuries, infections, or poor posture.
Outwardly, the disease is manifested by stoop, narrowing of the chest. With a long course, a wedge-shaped deformation of the vertebrae occurs, leading to compression of the nerve roots. These are caused by constant aching pain, extending to the chest, shoulder.
Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine to the right or left. The main causes of pathology are the same as with kyphosis. With curvature of the spine, compression of the discs occurs, their gradual destruction.
The difference between coliosis and simple violation of posture is the occurrence of torsion (rotation of the vertebrae around its axis). Because of this, nerves and blood vessels are damaged, which is expressed in pain.
The pain spreads to the entire chest area and is so severe that it is difficult for the patient to breathe, bend over, or sit.
- This is manifested by pain in the left chest, left shoulder.
- The pain can also be girdle, worse when inhaling.
- Sprain of the muscles of the back occurs in athletes, people engaged in heavy physical labor.
At the same time, microcracks are formed in the muscles, which is accompanied by pain. Symptoms are aggravated due to the reflex spasm of neighboring muscles.
Such injuries are caused by a strong blow, for example, on the steering wheel of a car in an accident. A crack in the rib is accompanied by sharp pain behind the sternum with irradiation in the back.
It is difficult for the patient to breathe, bend over, and even the work of the heart may be disturbed.
Intercostal nerves go from the spine, with compression of which intercostal neuralgia occurs. This occurs with osteochondrosis, severe stress, hypothermia. The pain in neuralgia is acute, burning, girdle, interfering with normal breathing.
Attention! Also, pain extends to the area of the clavicle, scapula. Often patients take neuralgia symptoms for a heart attack.
The disease can be distinguished from cardiac pathology by the following signs:
- Heart pain decreases after taking nitroglycerin.
- With an attack of angina pectoris, a heart attack after movements, turns of the body, deep breaths do not intensify, the patient has a change in pressure and heart rate.
- Neuralgic pains are constant, aggravated by movement, without affecting heart rate.
With this disease, chronic destruction of the vertebral bodies with a simultaneous increase in osteophytes is observed. Osteophytes irritate nerve endings, causing pain.
Thoracic spondylosis is rare, but has a pronounced clinical picture: pain to the left of the spine with spread to the left chest area.
With pressure on the vertebrae, the symptoms intensify.
- Back pain spreading to the chest area can be caused by diseases of the internal organs.
- Thoracic nerves innervate such organs as: heart, lungs, bronchi, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen.
- If the patient’s pain in the chest spreads to the back, this may indicate the following pathologies:
- Heart diseases: heart attack, myocarditis, angina pectoris.
- Lung diseases: pleurisy, pneumonia, tuberculosis.
- Gastrointestinal problems: pancreatitis, cholecystitis, ulcer.
Myocardial infarction is a form of ischemia, accompanied by necrosis of the heart. In this case, the blood supply to the site is completely disrupted. The insidiousness of a heart attack in the atypical clinical picture, especially if the disease develops gradually. The pain is localized in the left hand, gives the clavicle, then spreads to the upper abdomen.
The patient feels discomfort, burning behind the sternum. A heart attack can be suspected by other signs of heart failure: shortness of breath, drop in pressure, filiform pulse, pallor of the skin, and the appearance of cold sweat.
Myocarditis is an inflammatory lesion of the heart muscle. The causes of the disease are viral infections. The first signs are discomfort, chest pain with radiation to the spine. Then the temperature rises, shortness of breath, dry cough appears.
Angina pectoris. It develops in acute violation of coronary blood supply. The pain appears suddenly after physical exertion, radiating between the shoulder blades, in the left shoulder. As a result, patients confuse an attack of angina pectoris with osteochondrosis.
For reference! If the pain subsides after 15-30 minutes of rest or after taking nitroglycerin, then this indicates heart problems.
The lungs are located in the upper chest, closer to the spine. Therefore, any damage to the lung tissue provokes a pain syndrome that spreads to the spine.
Pneumonia, pleurisy are inflammatory diseases. In the first case, the alveoli of the lungs become inflamed, in the second – the serous membrane.
Characteristic signs: back pain on the side of the affected area.
Pain is aggravated by coughing, tapping on the back. The disease is accompanied by fever, difficulty breathing.
Tuberculosis is an infectious disease caused by Koch’s bacillus. Bacteria infect the lung tissue, causing its breakdown.
Symptoms of tuberculosis occur only with an open form: cough, low-grade fever, poor appetite. Pain in the chest and back is a manifestation of a late terminal stage when it is no longer possible to help the patient.
Gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer. Under the influence of hydrochloric acid, the gastric mucosa and submucosal layer are destroyed. Pain in the epigastrium, extending between the shoulder blades is a characteristic sign of the disease.
Pain is directly related to meals. With a stomach ulcer, they occur after eating, with a duodenal ulcer – on an empty stomach.
Distinguish the manifestations of ulcers from osteochondrosis by other specific symptoms: heartburn, belching, nausea, an unpleasant aftertaste in the mouth.
Pancreatitis, pancreatic necrosis. Manifestations of inflammation and pancreatic necrosis are very similar to a heart attack, since the pancreas is located on the left. The pain has a girdle character, the patient has a change in heart rate, pallor of the skin. Acute pancreatitis is accompanied by vomiting mixed with bile.
Cholecystitis is an inflammation of the gallbladder that occurs as a complication of gallstone disease. Due to a violation of the outflow of bile, its stagnation occurs, the walls of the bladder become inflamed, and the organ increases in size. Acute catarrhal cholecystitis is manifested by sharp constant pains in the right hypochondrium, extending to the right scapula, right arm, and shoulder.
Important! In chronic cholecystitis, the symptoms are not so pronounced, discomfort occurs after eating.
Hepatic colic. It occurs when the bile duct is blocked with stone. The pain is acute, paroxysmal, radiating to the right side of the back, the right shoulder.
The patient opens vomiting with bile, the stomach swells. Urine becomes dark and cloudy, feces brightens.
Sometimes spinal pains are symptoms of cancer. An oncological tumor is formed not in the spine itself, but in other organs and spreads metastases.
The cancerous tumor grows, mutated cells with blood flow spread throughout the body. The pathological cells are introduced into the nerve sheath, which causes decompression of the nerves – the main cause of pain.
Metastases in the spine usually give tumors of the lungs, mammary glands.
Metastases are of two types:
- Osteolytic. They dissolve bone tissue, the size and height of the vertebrae decreases.
- Osteoblastic. Bone tissue grows uncontrollably, compacts. X-rays show a change in the volume and shape of the bone.
Also, a tumor can form directly in the spine.
- Chondrosarcoma. It affects mainly the thoracic region.
- Multiple myeloma It spreads to the vertebrae and adjacent soft tissues.
- Chordoma. Most often occurs on the lumbar vertebrae.
The insidiousness of the disease in its asymptomatic course up to stage 3. This is due to the high frequency of deaths.
Signs of cancer are similar to the manifestation of osteochondrosis or hernia, so patients do not go to the doctor, thereby delaying a dangerous disease.
At an early stage, soreness manifests itself when cornering, tilting the body, tapping on the back. Then they become permanent. The patient also has other symptoms of malignant tumors of the spine:
- Motor impairment. Difficulty raising arms, muscle weakness.
- Low temperature, which does not get off antipyretic.
- Weakness, fatigue, poor appetite.
- Sharp back pain radiating to chest. The pain syndrome does not stop with painkillers, it increases in the supine position.
- Decreased limb sensitivity, distorted perception of heat and cold.
- Cognitive Disorders: impaired attention, memory.
- Increased blood pressure, arrhythmia.
Psychological diseases amid stress
What to do with back pain between the shoulder blades? Or how to calm the muscles of the ribs if your back and chest hurt? Finding answers to these questions on their own is very problematic, especially if they appear against the background of stressful situations.
Similar diseases can occur if people are very worried. In the process, muscle compression is observed, as cramps occur in the chest.
If in the presence of such disorders people limit physical activity, for various reasons, then it is very difficult to eliminate pain in the lower chest or in the upper part of it. The fact is that it is impossible to get rid of muscle blocks while in a constant sitting position.