|Alcohol||It retains fluid in the tissues, causing edema, thereby additionally loading the veins.|
|Smoking||The vessels become fragile. Sclerotic plaques form on the walls of blood vessels.|
- Is running allowed for the disease
- Fundamental rules
- Style selection
- Wear high-heeled shoes
- Where is better to run
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Some sports
- Do not neglect to wear compression underwear
- Prevention of varicose veins
- When running is contraindicated
- If possible, exclude flying on airplanes and long trips on buses, cars
- Long stand or sit in one place
Is running allowed for the disease
The opinion of doctors is that running with varicose veins is possible only at the initial stage of the disease. The main condition is the absence of disruption of the venous valves.
Approach this issue should only be after a thorough examination and the advice of a qualified doctor. He will determine the degree of varicose veins of the lower extremities and find out the permissible load. In the opposite case, jogging can cause deterioration.
An independent decision is fraught with serious complications that can pose a threat to the health and life of the patient.
It should be borne in mind that even at the initial stage of the disease, distances are not marathon.
In addition, the following rules must be observed:
- The pace of runs is average or even slow depending on the state of the pulse. Its performance should not exceed 120 shocks in 60 seconds.
- Strict control over the state of breathing.
- There should be no discomfort and a feeling of fatigue. Running is light, contributing to an active contraction of the muscles of the legs, but not allowing their strong tension.
- Training time – in the morning, no more than 25 minutes.
- In addition, weight lifting is unacceptable.
- Clothing during classes should be comfortable, not restricting movement.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
In order to achieve a positive effect from running with varicose veins, which improves blood circulation, increases the elasticity and elasticity of blood vessels, as well as strengthens articular tendons and veins, the load should be increased gradually.
All these requirements are fully consistent with jogging, and not marathon races or sprinting.
The main rule – do no harm – can be observed when running for relatively short distances, meeting the requirements of moderation and taking into account the individual endurance of the body.
Wear high-heeled shoes
Our veins under the influence of high temperatures expand, this leads to a deterioration in the outflow of blood to the heart. At the same time, fluid evaporates from the body faster, which makes the blood more viscous and thick. That is why most often varicosity worsens in the summer.
|Location||Must not||One can|
|On the beach|
|In the city|
|In sauna||With varicose veins, the sauna is contraindicated|
|Baths, water and other procedures|
Which shoes are better?
Many women wear high-heeled shoes. But with varicose veins, such shoes will have to be abandoned. Because the calf muscles are in constant tension, as a result of which the blood flow in the deep veins is disturbed and the entire load falls on the superficial veins.
The valves of the veins have to work twice as much, so they can not cope with the load. As a result, there are swelling, pain. The optimal size of the heel should be 3-4 cm.
Where is better to run
The ideal treadmill is not asphalt, but paths in the park. In fresh air, the body, in addition to locomotor activity, which helps stabilize blood circulation, additionally gets the opportunity to enrich the blood with oxygen.
You can do jogging on special devices (orbit track, exercise bike, special treadmill) that fully comply with all medical requirements.
Asphalt pavements, paving stones, like any hard surface, have a negative effect on the foot, as a result of which there is a danger of violating the integrity (rupture) of the venous valve. In addition, there is a high probability of provocation of a blood clot with subsequent blockage of the venous lumen.
With a sedentary lifestyle, sick veins can hardly pump blood into the heart. In order for the veins to work easier, you need to make the muscles work. Working muscles help blood flow through the vessels, causing the venous valves to move better and obstructing the return flow of blood. Therefore, a sedentary lifestyle is the enemy of varicose veins.
Varicose veins in athletes, especially regularly training on the verge of the possible, are not uncommon, and once there comes a moment when it is no longer possible to ignore the disease. Before combining varicose veins and sports, it is necessary to give an objective assessment of the state of your body in general and the course of the aforementioned disease in particular. Of course, you can independently evaluate your capabilities and strengths. But only a specialist – a phlebologist can determine the quality of the disease.
At the consultation, the doctor will try to find out the following points:
- The degree of development of an existing ailment. The fact is that a lot depends on the neglect of the disorder. If the disease is in remission or in a stable satisfactory condition, then contraindications will concern only some types of loads.
- The presence of complicated stages of the disease. Complications indicate an unfavorable course of the disease, therefore, in any case, they require special attention. Depending on the degree of neglect of the complications and how badly the diseased organ is affected, the doctor will make certain appointments and recommendations regarding physical exercises.
- Having determined the quality of the general condition of the patient and the severity of varicose veins, the doctor will tell you which sports to do with varicose veins, and which should not. The specialist will also give general recommendations regarding how not to harm oneself under loads.
With varicose veins, some sports should be abandoned.
|The degree of varicose veins||Symptoms||What kind of sport you can not do||What kind of sport can I do|
|1 degree||Heaviness in legs after physical exertion on legs||All other sports, but without overload|
|3 degree||Most sports cannot be practiced.|
|4 degree||You can’t do sports|
Do not neglect to wear compression underwear
Wearing medical compression hosiery helps to improve the condition of sick limbs during jogging, as well as in everyday life.
These products have a therapeutic and prophylactic effect. In addition, they prevent the development of complications in the form of thrombophlebitis, thrombosis and lymphovenous insufficiency.
Compression underwear – knee-highs, tights, stockings – must be worn immediately before jogging.
Compression underwear will help fight the disease
Wearing compression underwear is part of a comprehensive treatment for varicose veins. Its action is based on squeezing the vessels of the legs with different strengths and the correct regulation of the load on all departments. Vascular tone increases.
As a result, inflammation of the venous walls, heaviness and fatigue of the legs go away. Compression underwear is very effective, but you need to choose the size only with a doctor.
The only problem is the price. The better the linen, the higher it is. Also, compression knitwear is indispensable if you are prescribed injections against varicose veins.
Prevention of varicose veins
The warning complications of the event with varicose veins include the implementation of certain recommendations that take into account the characteristics of the disease. Among them:
- Running should be moderate and beneficial, improve venous outflow, vascular tone and increase endurance. To this end, it is advisable to run under the guidance of an experienced trainer. The best method is light jogging in the fresh air in a forest zone or outside the city.
- Varicose veins on legs are easier to prevent than to treat, so when doing jogging and medical gymnastics, it is advisable to use the compatibility of methods such as swimming, contrast shower, long walks.
- Proper walking from heel to toe and controlling posture will become a prerequisite for preventing stagnation of blood in the lower extremities and thereby prevent the development of varicose veins.
- Choosing the right shoes that excludes high heels will help prevent the progression of the disease.
- If you are in a sitting position for a long time, you must use a low footrest.
The elimination of the likelihood of developing the disease will help the refusal of the addiction to cross legs in a sitting position, resulting in impaired blood flow.
When running is contraindicated
The initial stage of varicose veins has no contraindications to running, if there is no impaired functioning of the venous valves.
The following conditions are contraindicated for running:
- The second and subsequent stages of varicose veins.
Identification of pathological changes in the vessels of the lower extremities is a contraindication not only to running, but also to other sports that have a significant load on the veins of the legs.
Jogging in such cases can lead to excessive stress on the legs. Of particular danger is the likelihood of a blood clot breaking off, as a result of which it can enter the pulmonary artery through the bloodstream. This situation is fraught with the possibility of death.
Only a doctor can determine whether it is useful to run with varicose veins. Among the special indications requiring consultation with a phlebologist regarding jogging, it should be noted:
- feeling of heaviness in the legs after training;
- swelling of the legs;
- uncomfortable pain.
Varicose legs without proper supervision by a doctor can lead to life-threatening consequences, the most formidable of which is a detached blood clot that can block the lumen of the pulmonary artery.
In order to avoid negative complications, proceed with the implementation of any physical activity with varicose veins should only be after consultation with a doctor.
If possible, exclude flying on airplanes and long trips on buses, cars
Long flights and long trips by buses and cars force people to be in a forced sitting position for a very long time. The legs swell, there is a slowdown in blood flow and, as a result, there is a risk of blood clots. In addition, they affect the formation of blood clots and hydrodynamic loads during takeoff and landing of the aircraft.
If it is still impossible to prevent the trip, then you need to follow simple rules:
- During the trip, make simple movements with your legs, preventing stagnation of blood.
- If possible, take a walk around the cabin of the bus or plane. When traveling by car, make regular stops and walk for 10 minutes.
- Do not drink alcohol before traveling.
- Be sure to drink water on the road.
- Put on compression underwear before traveling.
Long stand or sit in one place
Often people, by virtue of their profession, have to stand in one place for a long time or sit at a table continuously. To prevent stagnation, you need to often shift from foot to foot or periodically walk around, rest more often. If it is possible to lie down with raised legs.
What is contraindicated in case of varicose veins is relevant not only for those who suffer from this disease, but also as preventive measures to prevent varicose veins. To make your legs as beautiful as in the photo, you need to follow simple rules.
What is contraindicated in case of varicose veins – good for healthy legs
In this article, we examined the limitations of varicose veins. If you follow these simple rules, combined with drug treatment, you can avoid surgical treatment. It is especially important to observe them for people who have contraindications for the removal of varicose veins.