Normally, white blood cells are contained in the blood from 4 to 9 * 109 per liter. It is the white blood cells responsible for immunity that destroy pathogenic agents. Therefore, their high content is important for the body.
If there are a lot of these cells in the blood, they speak of a good resistance of the body, of its quick ability to restore loss. The lack of white blood cells in the blood is called leukopenia. Pathology develops from various sports injuries, viral infections, oncology, and other diseases.
During this period, it is necessary by all means to increase the level of leukocytes, recovery depends on the indicator.
With chemotherapy, the blood composition inevitably changes: they imply a shift between the indicators of the amount of all blood components (the lack of all three components is called pancytopenia):
- leukocyte deficiency – leukopenia;
- red blood cells – anemia;
- platelet – thrombocytopenia.
The fall of elements in the blood does not occur immediately. A minimum of two days should elapse from the start of a course of anti-cancer drug therapy. Then the white blood cells in the blood gradually decrease, reaching a peak in the second week.
White blood cells
Blood is a fluid mobile substance that connects organ systems. It circulates in a circular closed vascular pattern. It performs many functions in the human body. It is a vehicle for nutrients. Carries out gas exchange: transfers oxygen to cells, removes carbon dioxide.
Blood quickly regenerates, because the blood forming organs (in humans – bone marrow) create new elements. The composition of the blood includes shaped blood cells, plasma. An adult male has an average blood volume of five liters, while a woman has approximately four.
Blood 40-50% consists of uniform elements with exceptional properties:
- Red blood cells are red blood cells. They demonstrate green color, only because of the presence of hemoglobin in them they stain the blood in red. These bodies carry oxygen from the lungs to the tissues, taking back carbon dioxide.
- Platelets are blood platelets, the main task is to stop bleeding in the presence of an external wound. Provide blood coagulation, prevent blood loss.
- White blood cells are white blood cells. Responsible for immunity: they recognize viruses, fight them, protect the body from foreign elements. This process is called phagocytosis. In the normal ratio, there are fewer of them than the previous elements.
White blood cells are divided into two groups: granulocytes (myelocytes), agranulocytes (neutrophils).
Chemotherapy affects the blood: the cytostatic drugs used in this method of treatment affect rapidly dividing cells.
Together with cancer cells, chemotherapeutic drugs get healthy cells that are prone to rapid division: hair follicles (hence baldness as a side effect), intestinal mucosal cells, oral epithelium (ulcers, stomatitis appear), and blood cells. Leukopenia needs to be cured very quickly, since leukocytes through the immune system fight oncology (for example, breast cancer). In addition, due to low immunity, any minor damage is a danger.
Due to the lack of immunity, the risk increases:
- The body is more susceptible to hepatitis, HIV, tuberculosis.
- Complications of the upper respiratory tract (pneumonia).
- Intoxication of the body due to the absence of toxins.
- Increased likelihood of purulent processes.
- Leukemia (blood cancer) – the bone marrow produces too much white blood cells that have not developed to a working state, this leads to blood cancer.
- Great load on the spleen.
If you do not fix the problem with white blood cells, it will cause unpleasant, irreparable consequences.
White blood cell volume varies over time. Sometimes they are elevated. The generally accepted norm: 4-9 units per liter. Changes not caused by diseases occur within normal limits: during pregnancy, the level rises from four to fifteen. Elderly people have a slightly reduced rate: three and a half – nine per liter.
- Mild degree. Three and a half – four units per liter. Pronounced symptoms are absent.
- Medium degree. Two to three and a half units per liter. The body’s defense is lost, every virus is a danger, damage.
- Severe degree. The white blood cell count dropped below two per liter (minimum value). Severely ongoing inflammatory processes are characteristic.
With chemotherapy, white blood cells fall five times. It is important to sharply increase their level to combat external aggressors. For the diagnosis, you need to pass a general analysis, talking about the disease, if the results of the content of leukocytes in urine and blood are low.
Part of the therapy after treatment with anti-cancer drugs is to raise the level of immunity, which will inevitably be violated. It is undeniable that the launch of leukopenia leads to irreversible consequences.
A person dies due to frolic sepsis. The most effective way is pharmaceutical, using drugs. The development of white blood cells is permissible independently, you will need to adhere to a diet.
There are many popular ways to increase immunity.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
- What are white blood cells and their blood levels
- Chemotherapy: raise white blood cells again after a course of treatment
- Indicators of the norm
- Folk remedies
- The effect of chemotherapy on blood composition
- Drug collection
- Bean Juice
- Aloe juice and honey
- Beet Kvass
- diet therapy
- Folk remedies
- Recovery after chemotherapy
- How to increase after chemotherapy with folk remedies
- Bean Juice
- drug plants
- How to quickly raise white blood cells with proper nutrition
Preparations for increasing the level of leukocytes are divided into two groups: the main ones, which provoke the production of leukocytes, quickly leading to the result after a course of chemotherapy and auxiliary ones. The latter protect the immune system without producing white blood cells. Side effects of drugs are different. Appointment requires specialist help.
The main drugs include:
- Neupogen. Stimulates white blood cells to produce. It is used as an injection. High-speed, displayed after a day. It is applied: after chemotherapy; by yourself. Application takes place exclusively under the supervision of a doctor, who records all changes for the better, worse.
- Leucogen Increases white blood cells. Not too toxic, completely eliminated from the body. Indications: low level of white bodies in the blood, as a result of radiation therapy. Contraindicated in formations in the brain. The purpose of the volume, duration of the course are selected by the doctor for the patient separately. In tablet form. It is possible to buy only by prescription.
- Methyluracil. They are prescribed after oncology treatment. It is characterized by a minimum number of side effects. Creates growth, tissue regeneration in the body. It is used in various conditions requiring enhanced tissue growth. The form of release is different (injections, tablets). Indications: gamma therapy, anti-cancer drug treatment. People with leukemia, malignant tumors in the bone marrow are contraindicated.
- Lenograstim. The action is directed to the bone marrow to stimulate the production of neutrophils. Indications: after treatment of a malignant tumor with cytostatic drugs causing leukopenia. Contraindications are hypersensitivity to the composition of the drug, myelogenous leukemia.
- Polyoxidonium. Form: suppositories (vaginal, rectal). Helps the production of antibodies, enhances immunity, removes toxins, salts. Contraindicated during pregnancy, lactation, people with kidney failure.
- Sodium Nucleinate. In the form of powder, tablets. Regulates the number of lymphocytes. Contraindicated in pregnant, lactating women.
- Filgrastim. It quickly stimulates the blood forming organs. Indications: white blood cells are lowered. Used to give acute infections. Side effects: muscle cramps, low blood pressure, problems with the excretory system. Problems in women expecting a baby. Not recommended for people with hypersensitivity, with problems of the kidneys, liver, and leukemia.
- Pentoxyl In the form of tablets. With leukopenia (all degrees), some other diseases. The consequences of taking include digestive problems. It is impossible with oncology of the brain.
- Pyridoxine. The drug for metabolism. Participates in the formation of glutamic acid. It is forbidden to people with personal intolerance to components.
- Batilol. Tablets. Prevention of radiation sickness. Increases red blood cells, white blood cells. Side effects include indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Cefaransin. Tablet form. Quickly acts, integrates into cell membranes, stimulates compounds.
- Popular: cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin.
Adjuvant therapy includes the use of drugs that fight with dangers on their own, so as not to waste white blood cells. These include:
- Injectable Vitamins: B12.
Dietary methods to increase white blood cells in the blood, if they fall, include a balanced diet, the consumption of products that contribute to the production. The menu necessarily includes products with vitamin C, E, potassium, Omega-3, zinc. Recommendation: after chemotherapy, you need to consume protein, otherwise the body is more difficult to cope with.
- Consume fluid. The recommended norm for an adult is two liters of pure water per day. It is imperative to boil it before use.
- Berries, fruits containing vitamin C.
- Fiber contained in vegetables.
- Dietary white meat.
- Fish, seafood.
- Vegetable fats: nuts.
- Cereals, cereals, legumes.
Tips: Vitamin A. The main beneficial vitamin needed by the convalescent is its essence in increasing white blood cells. It is found in orange fruits, vegetables, salmon. Vitamin C to maintain immunity – in citrus.
Prohibited foods include: fatty foods, smoked, spicy, canned. The exclusion of these dishes from the body will facilitate the healing process.
The danger with low immunity is poorly washed fruits, vegetables that contain parasite eggs, infection, bacteria. Unroasted meat is also dangerous.
Due to the reduced resistance, these products will entail additional diseases, complications. Therefore, it is important to observe preventive measures, wash products thoroughly, and give them heat treatment.
Follow hand hygiene.
Traditional medicine is often resorted to as a method of adjective therapy. It is an integrated approach that will help raise white blood cells after chemotherapy.
What are white blood cells and their blood levels
For each person, this indicator is individual. The number of blood particles is affected by environmental factors, nutrition, age, athletic stress, and mental state. Below is a level table.
It is worth considering that leukocytes after chemotherapy are reduced by more than five times. Ultimately, there is a decrease in the immune system of the human body. Immunity is needed to fight cancerous growths and a malignant tumor. Because of this, raising the level of required particles is considered a very important task.
During treatment with antitumor agents and during rehabilitation, the number of white blood cells in the blood is constantly monitored. After chemotherapy, the normal value is 2,5 x 109 per 1 liter of blood. If the level of leukocytes is lowered over a long period, the treatment is stopped and therapy with special medications is prescribed.
White blood cells are white particles of blood flow, their goal is to protect the body. They promote tissue regeneration, fight the negative impact of external and internal pathogens.
When the leukocyte index in the blood decreases, the body’s ability to resist pathogenic bacteria decreases. To avoid the development of diseases of an infectious and viral nature, you should raise the white blood cells to normal at home.
For males, normal white blood cell counts are as follows:
- under 15 years old – 4,3-9,5 * 10 9;
- from 15 to 20 years – 4,1-9,3 * 10 9;
- from 21 to 55 years old – 4,0-9,0 * 10 9;
- over 55 years old – 3,8-8,7 * 10 9.
White blood cells are the main indicator for blood donation in women.
By standards, it should be:
- up to 16 years old – 4,5-12,5 * 10 9;
- from 16 to 20 years old – 4,2-10,5 * 10 9;
- after 21 years – 3,2-10,2 * 10 9.
The norm of white particles in the bloodstream in a child is determined by his age, in general, their level is slightly higher than in adults:
- during the first days after birth – 8,5-24,5 * 10 9;
- by 1 month – 6,5-13,5 * 10 9;
- by six months – 5,5-12,5 * 10 9;
- by 1 year – 6,0-12,0 * 10 9;
- to 6 years – 5,0-12,0 * 10 9;
- 6-12 years old – 4,5-10,0 * 10 9;
- 13-18 years old – 4,3-9,5 * 10 9.
In newborns, by the standards in the bloodstream, an increase in the leukocyte index (leukocytosis) is noted. This condition lasts several weeks, then there is a decrease in the number of these bodies.
Chemotherapy: raise white blood cells again after a course of treatment
Chemotherapy is a very important treatment for cancer. With the help of it, special chemotherapy drugs are introduced into the patient’s body, which destroy cancer cells or slow down their growth.
But the influence of “chemistry” can spread to healthy cells. Thus, hematopoietic processes can be captured when the composition in the blood changes, in particular, white blood cells decrease, and the patient becomes a hostage to leukopenia.
The main reason is a violation of the bone marrow after a course of treatment.
Leaving it as it is is not recommended; therefore, it is urgent to raise the white blood cells after chemotherapy. The benefit of such methods in our time has accumulated more than enough. Well, let’s begin the analysis of the main methods.
Running leukopenia, caused by a decrease in immunity, contributes to the development of the following problems:
- Frequent viral diseases and colds
- Headaches, frequent tiredness
- Dizziness and fainting
- Increased body temperature
- Long recovery from simple illnesses and injuries
These superficial symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg in a series of future illnesses. Do not start treatment!
For reference. Directly the fight against infections involved in a subspecies of white blood cells – neutrophils. It is very important to relate specifically to their level in the blood.
Indicators of the norm
Before embarking on an increase, one must first clarify the current level of leukocytes and compare it with normal indicators, as well as identify the deviation itself – it may not be necessary to do anything.
The average indicator for any situation, the norm of leukocytes is 4-9 × 109 per liter.
Many factors can influence the level of individual deviations – from the state of the external environment to physical and mental stress at the current time. The table below shows the average values for age and some typical conditions.
On average, after a course of treatment, white blood cells in the body fall 5 times. But we remember the main function of these cells – immunity, including the fight against cancer. Therefore, for speedy rehabilitation it is very important how to quickly recover.
We also note that slight fluctuations in the level of white cells in the blood is the norm, and any bone marrow injury can also have a general effect, where their formation and maturation occur. In the meantime, we proceed directly to the recovery methods.
The use of drugs always effectively leads to the achievement of a result. Other methods of proper nutrition, diets and traditional medicine are not directly intended for this task and may fail. Let’s start with the “lightest” drugs.
Attention! Before using any drug, be sure to consult your doctor. Dosages and contraindications may be individual. We only give general recommendations on the experience of ordinary people.
- Polyoxidonium is a multilateral drug, including the restoration of the immune system. Pregnancy and people with kidney failure fall under the restriction of use.
- Immunofal – again not recommended for use by pregnant women and children under two years of age.
More effective remedies sold in pharmacies:
- Sodium Nucleinate
Proper nutrition, not only after treatment, helps maintain the body in balance. Food selection is the second very important factor in raising the level of white blood cells in the blood. We will talk about this in this section.
So, what is recommended for early use:
- Red vegetables, fruits, berries. For example, beets, red currants, pomegranates, carrots. You can also use juices based on them. Pomegranate juice is generally a classic in this case.
- Digestible protein. Boiled chicken, seafood (shrimp, white fish, red caviar).
- Nuts. Peanuts, almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, walnuts – this will be enough for a change.
- Boiled or brewed buckwheat, dairy products, honey, red wine
- More liquid – ordinary water from 2 liters per day, compotes, fruit drinks, green tea.
The daily calorie intake is 2500.
Even such a choice of products that increase immunity is already enough to diversify your diet for a whole week in your diet. It is worth remembering that these products help increase white blood cells after chemotherapy, but you don’t need to refuse from others either, because a healthy balance is needed in all areas of the body.
Of course, there is a list of products not recommended for use:
- Animal fats, fat substitutes, fatty and salty cheese
- Sugar, salt, pastries
- Coffee and strong tea
- Products with preservatives and dyes
Well, one of the main recommendations for patients with cancer – it is best to give up smoking and alcohol.
You can raise white blood cells and folk remedies. Nature itself provides everything you need – medicinal fees and plants can restore the body. But do not forget that here it is best to consult a doctor, so you are guaranteed not to harm yourself.
Walnuts. We have already written above about the value of nuts, but people recommend making an infusion on their basis. The nuts are peeled, filled with water, and then insisted for 2 weeks in a bright place, after which they are transferred to a dark one. Drink a tablespoon 3 times a day.
Oats Very often in oncology take broth on oats. Add oats to a glass of boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. After consuming. Take 3 times a day. It is recommended to drink in courses – a month in a month.
Rosehip. On the basis of wild rose make an infusion. Chopped rosehips are boiled for 10 minutes, and after a day they insist. They drink like regular tea.
Melilot. They simply insist in water for only a couple of hours. Consume 2 times a day.
Barley. Barley grains are boiled until almost complete evaporation of water. Then consumed with honey.
Herbal fees. Different fees may apply, but here we offer only one technique. Grinded and mixed root bought, currant leaves and dandelion root. A teaspoon of this mixture is boiled for 10 minutes, and then insisted for 20 minutes. After filtering, and just before a meal, pour boiling water and use it in this form.
Lying on the couch and being treated is wonderful. But medicine recommends in the absence of direct contraindications like tachycardia to engage in sports exercises. Physical activity will not only help to overtake all the blood, but also tone the whole body. And this helps speed up your treatment.
In addition, it is worth knowing that the above methods can help restore blood composition not only after chemotherapy, but also other diseases or therapies – for example, after radiation therapy, for malignant blood diseases – leukemia and leukemia.
Everything is usable even at home – but keep your doctors up to date with all your actions.
Having restored the level of white blood cells, the body itself will begin to help you in this difficult disease. And we have already presented all the working methods for increasing them in the blood – use them wisely, but let your illness recede.
The effect of chemotherapy on blood composition
White blood cells after chemotherapy fall. The reasons may be:
- toxic effects of special drugs;
- deficiency of substances affecting the production of white blood cells;
- violation of the bone marrow;
- the presence of malignant neoplasms;
- radiation exposure.
All this leads to a decrease in the protective properties of the body. After the course, the amount of 2,5 × 109/l is considered within the normal range. If the indicator corresponds to this value, then special drugs are not prescribed. Otherwise, hormonal agents are used. The number of white cells is affected by:
- environmental factors;
- sports loads;
- mental condition.
After a course of chemotherapy, a decrease in white blood cells in the blood occurs more than 5 times. Symptoms of low white blood cell count after a course are weakened immunity and susceptibility to infections in any organ. The temperature may rise to 37,5 ° C and higher, colds (cough, runny nose), upset bowel, burning sensation during urination, discharge, itching are capable of being observed.
In order not to overload the already weakened body with medications, they resort to traditional medicine. To raise white blood cells after chemotherapy with folk remedies, they use natural ingredients, medicinal herbs that do not have side effects.
Wormwood tincture is an excellent remedy when white blood cells have fallen after treatment with chemistry. Method of its preparation: 3 tbsp. l wormwood pour 3 cups of boiling water. Insist 4 hours, filter. Consume 1 cup before meals. According to the same recipe, an infusion of chamomile flowers is prepared.
Used in turn means raise the level of white cells. This method of traditional medicine will not only restore the number of white blood cells, but also increase their life expectancy. Despite the unpleasant taste, wormwood has a lot of useful properties. It can be taken for tincture, both dried and green.
Different herbal treatments may apply. We offer a drug collection from the root of the purchased, currant leaves, dandelion root. You need to take one part of the plants for 4 parts of the crushed dandelion root. 2 tbsp. l collection pour 1 liter of boiling water and hold in a water bath for 30 minutes. Then the broth is covered with a lid and allowed to infuse for at least 3 hours. Separate the liquid and drink half a glass 3 times a day 20 minutes before meals.
Unripe beans will help raise white blood cells after chemotherapy. Squeeze the juice from the pods and drink 2 tsp. 5 times a day before meals.
A decoction of oats is used with reduced values of the number of leukocytes. For cooking, take 2 tbsp. l untreated washed oats, pour 1 tbsp. l hot water. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. The broth is infused for 12 hours in a closed container. Then filter. Drink the cooked volume during the day. You need to take a decoction in half a glass 3 times a day before meals. The course of treatment is 30 days.
Sweet clover tincture is an effective tool with which you can raise the level of white blood cells in the blood. Prepare it as follows. Grind 2 tsp. clover herbs, pour 1,5 cups of cold water, insist 4 hours, strain. A serving is taken 3 times a day.
Aloe juice and honey
Aloe is a medicinal plant. By the number of active biological substances is unparalleled among representatives of the flora. The plant contains a complex of vitamins, trace elements, amino acids.
It has a powerful bactericidal effect. To strengthen the body and improve blood composition, it is recommended to do tincture. You need to mix 150 g of aloe juice, 250 g of honey, 350 g of strong red wine. The mixture is insisted for 5 days. Take should be 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day.
All the benefits of rose hips lies in the method of preparing a decoction. To preserve the medicinal qualities of the product, it can not be poured with boiling water, and even more so cook. After boiling water, you need to let it cool to 85 . 90 ° C. Pour the washed rosehips with hot water in a thermos, close the lid tightly and leave until morning. After the lapse of time, an effective decoction is ready, capable of restoring the enhanced production of white blood cells.
Beet kvass cleanses the body of harmful toxins and helps increase white blood cell count. To make a drink you will need:
- 1 large beets;
- 2 l of purified or boiled water cooled;
- 4 Art. liter. sugar;
- 1 hardened crust of rye bread.
It is necessary to clean the root crop, wash and cut into small parts. Fill a three-liter jar with half the beet slices, then pour the prepared water to the brim, add sugar, rye crust. Cover the jar with gauze and set for fermentation for 3 days. After the expiration of the line, strain the drink and bottle. The liquid can be drunk and used to make cold soups.
If you need a doctor’s permission for treatment with medicines, then folk remedies can be used independently without fear for undesirable consequences, because these recipes will not harm the body.
To combat malignant processes in the body, oncology uses specific pharmaceuticals – cytostatics. These drugs have a pronounced therapeutic effect, which consists in suppressing the processes of formation of atypical cells. However, in parallel, the action of cytostatics is extremely toxic and, for all other structural elements of the body, the blood formation system is primarily affected. After treatment, the question of how to raise white blood cells after chemotherapy with folk remedies and at home comes to the fore.
Cytostatic drugs inhibit the processes of division of leukocyte cells. Moreover, their effect in the body is not selective (only on cancer cells), which leads to damage to the structural components of the bone marrow. After the chemotherapy course, a sharp change in the indicators of the clinical blood test is noted.
Table of norm indicators of various types of white blood cells in the blood
Normally, leukocyte forms of cells in a healthy body are contained in an amount of 4 – 9 * 109/l. After chemotherapy, blood renewal processes are inhibited and their number decreases by more than 5 times.
This extremely negatively affects the immune system, the risk of re-development of malignant processes increases sharply. Therefore, doctors seek to normalize indicators in the shortest possible time.
This can be achieved by using various methods for correcting the composition of the blood.
Medically, the condition of leukopenia (lowering the level of leukocytes) is corrected with the help of such drugs as:
- Polyoxidonium or Imunofal.
If the desired result is not achieved as soon as possible, prescribe drugs with low white blood cells, which have a more serious effect:
- Leucogen, Neupogen, Batilol, Pyridoxine and others. Sodecor uses good reviews, which significantly increases the level of leukocytes in the blood in 3 days.
The drug Sodecor
Extracorporeal pharmacotherapy (hemocorrection) helps to quickly eliminate leukocyte cell deficiency, the essence of which is that medications to raise the level of leukocytes are introduced into the circulatory system along with donor blood components.
Specialists in the discharge recommendations pay special attention to the issues of balancing the diet of a patient who has undergone chemotherapy. The daily menu must necessarily include products that have the property of increasing the number of leukocytes in the blood.
Daily use of fresh fruits, berries, vegetables
- In the daily menu must be present fresh fruits and vegetables, berries, preferably with red color. They should not only be eaten, but also prepared from them fresh, slightly diluted with water before use.
- Give preference to products that contain easily digestible proteins (beef or chicken broths, as well as boiled meat, from fish dishes it is preferable to eat chum salmon and red caviar, seafood).
- Every day, try to eat a few walnuts.
- Of the porridge, buckwheat should be preferred. Raw buckwheat filled with kefir the night before is extremely useful as a breakfast.
- Increase the amount of fermented milk products consumed.
- It is very useful to eat a couple of spoons of honey every morning on an empty stomach.
- In consultation with the attending physician, it is sometimes permissible to drink a small amount of red wine.
- A day should drink pure water not less than 2 liters.
Quite good results with regard to the leukocyte composition of the blood can be achieved by using at home, on the recommendation of doctors, alternative medicine to increase white blood cells.
Walnuts are an effective way to raise white blood cells at home
- Infusion of walnut kernels to increase white blood cells. The kernels are peeled, laid out in a glass bowl and poured with vodka so that the liquid completely covers the kernels. The composition is placed in a well-lit place, insist 2 weeks, after which the resulting infusion is transferred to a darkened cool place. Use it for a rather long period of 3 times a day, 1 tablespoon before meals.
- A decoction of walnut partitions. The nuts are cracked and disassembled into its component parts, the shell partitions are separately laid. The scheme for preparing the infusion is the same as in the previous case, but the duration of exposure to the light is shortened to one and a half weeks. The dosage of taking the drug is also reduced – 1 teaspoon.
- A decoction of oatmeal. Washed cereal in the amount of 2 tablespoons is poured with half a liter of water, placed on an open fire. After the liquid boils, the flame is reduced, and the broth is boiled for another quarter hour. The duration of the treatment course is 1 month, during which the drug is drunk daily at 100 ml 3 times a day. After a short break, the course of treatment can be repeated again.
- A decoction of rose hips. Preparation of the broth should be carried out in the evening. The fruits of the bush (you can use both fresh and dried) are chopped and poured with clean water at the rate of 5 tablespoons of rose hips per 1 liter. The container is placed on an open fire, brought to a boil, reduced flame intensity to a minimum and wait another 10 minutes. After that, the container with the resulting broth is wrapped in a towel and insisted. In the morning, the finished product is filtered through gauze, folded in several layers, and drunk throughout the day instead of tea.
- Tincture of clover stalks. To obtain this tool, take 2 tablespoons of the crushed plant and pour 300 ml of clean cold water. Insist tincture for a couple of hours, filter and drink 2 times a day for a quarter cup.
- A decoction of barley. Cereal grains are poured with cold water (at the rate of 1,5 cups of grains – 2 liters of liquid), placed on a fire, brought to a boil and boiled until the liquid is reduced by half. In the finished product, it is recommended to add natural honey.
- Oat broth will help normalize the condition. Prepare it according to the following recipe: Rinse 2 tablespoons of oatmeal thoroughly under running water. Add 450 ml of water to the raw material and boil for 15 minutes. The resulting oat broth is taken three times a day before meals in an amount of 100 ml. Treatment with this remedy lasts 30 days, then they take a break for a month and, if necessary, take oat broth again.
- Walnuts can increase the concentration of white blood cells in the blood. They are cleaned, put in a glass jar and poured with vodka. The mixture is infused in a bright place (but not in direct sunlight) for two weeks, then the container with the infusion is removed in a dark place. Take the drug 3 times a day for a tablespoon for a month.
- Rosehip will have a good healing effect. The fruits of the plant are crushed, then 5 tablespoons of the prepared raw material is poured with a liter of water. The mixture is brought to a boil over low heat and boiled for 10 minutes. The resulting broth is wrapped and left to stand for 8 hours. The drink is consumed during the day instead of tea.
- A decoction of barley will help raise white blood cells in the blood. Take 1,5 cups of grain and pour water (2 l). Bring to a boil over low heat, cook until the amount of liquid is halved. The resulting broth in an amount of 50 ml must be consumed 3 times a day. You can enhance the healing effect of the drink by adding a little honey.
Recovery after chemotherapy
- fruits, berries, vegetables;
- meat broths (beef, chicken);
- seafood, red caviar, fish;
- beetroot juice (settled);
- dairy products.
The use of red wine in small quantities is also not prohibited. Of particular benefit during this period will bring nuts and honey, these products should also be consumed regularly.
Patients will have to refuse some food. It should be minimized, but it is desirable to completely eliminate the use of products such as:
- animal fats, their substitutes (margarine), cheeses with a high content of salt and fat;
- sugar, salt, sweets, products from premium flour;
- strong tea, coffee;
- mushrooms, beans;
- egg whites;
- products containing artificial colors and preservatives.
In addition, you should stop drinking alcohol and smoking.
How to increase after chemotherapy with folk remedies
Pharmacological preparations contribute to the speedy release of leukocytes into the bloodstream, stabilize their membrane, protecting against damage. In the treatment of neutropenia, as a life-threatening patient condition, the following drugs are used to increase the number of white blood cells:
- antifungal agents;
- hematopoietic growth factors.
Between chemotherapy courses, a special injection is made to increase white blood cells.
This is a medicine for raising white blood cells after a course of chemotherapy. It is used as a stimulant of leukopoiesis. Methyluracil is a pyrimide derivative. By stimulating the synthesis of nucleic bases, it normalizes the exchange of nucleic acids, as a result of which cell regeneration is accelerated. The drug has an erythropoietic and leukopoietic effect, has a moderate anti-inflammatory effect, positively affects the cellular and humoral mechanisms of immunity.
The drug increases the number of neutrophilic granulocytes. The use of filgrastim can increase the level of leukocytes. Patients who took the drug are less likely to need hospitalization, spend less time in the hospital, require lower doses of antibiotics compared to patients who received cytotoxic therapy.
The drug steadily increases the number of peripheral blood neutrophilic granulocytes and reduces the frequency of infectious complications. After treatment with the drug, the number of neutrophilic granulocytes in the peripheral blood returns to normal after 1-7 days.
The drug enhances bone marrow activity, accelerates the formation and release of mature neutrophilic granulocytes, increasing their number in peripheral fluid connective tissue. Reduces the risk of infectious complications. It has a stimulating effect on the hematopoiesis system, restores white blood cells and their maturation rate, strengthens their anti-infection functions, which reduces poisoning and improves tolerance to high-dose chemotherapy.
The intense release of leukocytes into the peripheral blood begins quickly. By the end of the first day, it is possible to raise the level of leukocytes. Using the drug reduces the number of patients with deep neutropenia and infection by 2 times, reduces the risk of relapse and the need for antibiotic therapy. Against this background, the intensity of antitumor therapy can be increased.
In this case, the probability of neutropenic fever is reduced by 5 times. The use of the drug increases the survival of patients with relapses of breast and lymph cancer. Lenograstim is used after chemistry for primary and secondary prevention of low white blood cell counts.
Recent studies have shown that the incidence of leukopenia after chemotherapy is between 16% and 59%. Treatment of leukopenia after chemotherapy is mandatory because this condition causes clinically significant changes in the immune system. This negatively affects the quality of life of patients, increasing the frequency of infectious diseases and treatment costs.
Chemotherapeutic drugs destroy not only tumor cells, but also healthy cells of the body.
Actively dividing young bone marrow cells are most sensitive to the effects of chemotherapy, while mature and highly differentiated cells in the peripheral blood respond less to it.
Since red bone marrow is the central organ of hematopoiesis, synthesizing the cellular component of blood, its inhibition leads to:
- decrease in the number of red blood cells – anemia;
- a decrease in the number of leukocytes – leukopenia;
- platelet count reduction – thrombocytopenia.
A condition in which there is a deficiency of all blood cells is called pancytopenia.
Leukocytes after chemotherapy do not respond immediately. As a rule, the number of leukocytes begins to decrease 2-3 days after treatment and reaches a peak between 7 and 14 days.
If there is a reduced number of neutrophils, which are one of the variants of white blood cells, neutropenia is observed. Chemotherapy-associated neutropenia is one of the most common myelotoxic reactions associated with systemic cancer treatment, due to cytotoxic effects in relation to rapidly dividing neutrophils.
Mature granulocytes, including neutrophils, have a lifespan of 1 to 3 days, so they have a high mitotic activity and a greater susceptibility to cytotoxic damage than other cells of the myeloid series with a longer period of life. The onset and duration of neutropenia varies widely depending on the drug, dose, frequency of chemotherapy sessions, etc.
Given these side effects of most chemotherapeutic drugs, patients are assigned a general blood test in dynamics to monitor the initial data of blood counts and their changes over time.
How to increase white blood cells after chemotherapy? Herbs will come to the rescue:
- Melilot. Pour 2 tablespoons of dry raw materials with cold water (300 ml). The remedy is insisted for two hours. The resulting infusion is recommended to drink 2 times a day for a quarter cup.
- Sagebrush. To two tablespoons of grass add 3 cups of water. 4 hours insist. The resulting product is used 1 time per day before meals in an amount of 250 ml.
- Picking herbs. It is necessary to take the roots of dandelion (40 g), currant leaves and roots of bathing (10 g each). Mix all the components, pour a glass of boiling water in a spoonful of raw materials and boil for 10 minutes. Leave to stand for 20 minutes. Then the broth is filtered and drunk 3 times a day for 15 minutes before eating.
How to quickly raise white blood cells with proper nutrition
Considering what kind of food to raise the level of leukocytes, you need to consult an oncologist, because the uncontrolled use of dietary supplements, homeopathic and other means can stimulate cancer. Patients with leukopenia are shown a special diet, which includes foods rich in potassium, zinc, vitamins C and E. It is also important that the protein content in food.
It is necessary to limit the consumption of fatty and carbohydrate foods, offal. This is necessary so that the body has enough substance for the synthesis of hemoglobin, blood formation and differentiation of blood elements are carried out. To increase white blood cells, it is good to include the following products in the diet:
- buckwheat and oatmeal cereals;
- cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt;
- fish, seafood, red caviar;
- fruits, berries, vegetables;
- a decoction of barley;
- beet juice;
- chicory, honey, nuts;
- sprouted grains;
- meat broths (chicken, beef);
- green tea;
- red wine (a little).
Food with low white blood cells after a course of chemistry should be five-fold, full. The diet must include soups: dairy, vegetable. Homemade compotes are useful. A day should consume no more than 3000 kcal. It is necessary to give up smoking and alcohol. White blood cells do not increase such products:
It is recommended to convert the diet in such a way as to increase the number of elements in it. Due to this, it will be possible to raise the level of leukocytes in the blood. Food should contain:
- Vitamin E – stimulates the production of NK cells with a cytotoxic effect;
- zinc – increases the number of T-killers and activates B-lymphocytes;
- selenium – has an immunostimulating effect;
- Vitamin C – stimulates the immune system, affecting the synthesis of white blood cells;
- carotenoids – increase the number of natural killers;
- omega-3 fatty acids – have an immunostimulating effect;
- Vitamin A – enhances the production of white blood cells;
- Vitamin B12 – used in the synthesis of white blood cells;
- folic acid – synthesizes white blood cells.
It is good to drink a decoction of flax seed. It perfectly affects the body: it removes toxins and helps bring the white blood cell count after a course of chemotherapy to normal.
It is important to maintain water balance and drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Daily on an empty stomach it is useful to eat 1 tbsp. l honey. Another effective recipe for the case when white blood cells fall: you need to grind carrots on a grater, add 1 tbsp. l cream and honey. The prepared composition is eaten in the morning on an empty stomach.
It is impossible to restore white blood cells in 3 days with one product, if the level of blood cells is sharply lowered. It is necessary to use all means that increase white blood cells in the blood: pharmacological, traditional medicine, diet and even a special set of exercises. To achieve maximum effect, any of the steps should be carried out under the supervision of an oncologist.