Atherosclerosis is a pathology that is inextricably linked with nutrition, as it develops as a result of the imposition of fatty plaques on the vascular endothelium, gradually increasing and narrowing the lumen of the arteries.
Despite the fact that the disease tends to progress slowly, it is still dangerous and can become a factor in the development of a future heart attack or stroke. Therefore, the diet for atherosclerosis of the vessels of the brain is an integral element of complex therapeutic measures.
Moreover, proper nutrition will not only have a therapeutic effect, but also create a comfortable background in the body for taking medications.
How to start diet changes
The starting point for the formation of a new diet for stenosing atherosclerosis is a visit to the attending physician to discuss this issue.
At the same time, it is possible to include in this discussion not only a specialist who monitors the patient’s condition, but also a separately selected nutritionist. And in the event that a person’s cholesterol level is within normal limits, but there are many other risk factors, then he can limit himself only to the development of nutrition with a nutritionist.
If the blood cholesterol indicator is at a high level and it does not decrease due to the presence of factors that contribute to the increase in indicators, then the menu chosen by the specialist becomes the main one for the person, and one cannot deviate from it so as not to aggravate the situation. And if a strict dietary ration does not give results in the form of a tendency towards a decrease in indicators, then it is supplemented with medications.
Basic rules of the new diet
In medical circles, the atherosclerotic diet is designated number 10, and a number of rules have been developed for it:
- Reducing the amount of saturated fat consumed by completely eliminating or reducing the number of foods containing them.
- Increasing the number of foods rich in fiber.
- Complete refusal to take fast carbohydrates.
- The diet should contain more foods containing unsaturated fatty acids.
- Refusal to eat fried foods, while boiled, baked or stewed dishes are preferred.
- Limiting the salt content in all dishes.
- The calorie content of the diet per day should, on average, reach approximately 2500 kcal, and if the patient is overweight, no more than 2000 kcal.
Important! Ideally, one dietary plate should contain this ratio: half – vegetables or fruits, two-thirds – carbohydrates and the remaining space – protein.
Essential and prohibited foods
Healthy nutrition for the vessels of the brain and neck means supplementing the diet with some products and completely or partially eliminating others.
Accordingly, you can combine them into a table:
|What is necessary||What is prohibited|
|Various greens and vegetables, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, pumpkin and zucchini are useful||Foods with animal-based fats, such as butter from cow’s milk|
|Fruits and berries, which can be ripe, baked, dried, included in compotes or mousses||Fatty meats, mainly various sausages or pates from similar products|
|Meat products, especially low-fat products, as well as cooked sausages and ham||Fatty broths or any food that contains them|
|Fish and various seafood, and the most useful are tuna, salmon, trout and mussels||Soup or broth made from mushrooms, beans, or oily fish|
|Various dairy and fermented milk products with a low percentage of fat, but the main food should be different, and such products are just an additive in a small amount||Fatty products based on milk, cheese with a fat percentage of at least 30%|
|Pastry products such as bread made from wheat, rye, unsalted pastries or dry biscuit biscuits are also allowed||Snacks, such as ice cream, chips, croutons, and the like|
|Various cereals: oatmeal, buckwheat and millet, excluding rice, semolina and pasta||Sauces containing prohibited foods and mayonnaise|
|Beverages, such as weakly brewed tea, natural coffee with milk, fresh juices based on vegetables and fruits, rosehip decoctions||Any offal, such as animal liver and kidney, and their pate|
|Pastry, various confectionery products that have a high calorie content|
|Any alcohol and even some low alcohol drinks|
There are also foods that are harmful, but their presence in the diet is permissible in small quantities, for example:
- Vegetable oils.
- Low-fat cheeses.
- Protein omelets or soft-boiled eggs.
- Soy sauce.
- Sugary foods like marmalade, fruit syrups, sugar and honey.
The most suitable menu according to the new diet
Since atherosclerosis damages the vascular walls, in order to strengthen them, vitamins are needed, in particular, such as B6 and B12, as well as PP and C.
Medical nutrition should be maximally enriched with vitamins and other useful substances, otherwise it will not help the patient.
For ease of understanding, you can give an example of a diet for a week:
The first day.
- Breakfast: oatmeal.
- Second breakfast: beef stroganoff.
- Lunch: a boiled piece of meat with potatoes and zucchini.
- Afternoon snack: any boiled fish with mashed potatoes.
- Supper: kefir.
The second day.
- Breakfast: salad of cucumber and cabbage with a little vegetable oil.
- Second breakfast: an apple.
- Lunch: vegetable-based soup or broth with pearl barley.
- Afternoon snack: apple charlotte.
- Dinner: pumpkin porridge.
The third day.
- Breakfast: protein omelet.
- Second breakfast: cabbage salad with cucumbers.
- Lunch: steamed meat cutlets.
- Snack: banana.
- Dinner: baked fish with boiled small potatoes.
- Breakfast: wheat porridge.
- Second breakfast: curd casserole.
- Lunch: rice soup with vegetables.
- Afternoon snack: kefir.
- Dinner: finely grated carrots with a little garlic and baked fish.
- Breakfast: plain yogurt.
- Second breakfast: seaweed salad.
- Lunch: barley soup with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Afternoon snack: whole grain crisps with tomato juice.
- Supper: kefir.
The sixth day.
- Breakfast: regular or baked apple.
- Second breakfast: steamed meatballs.
- Lunch: steamed meatballs.
- Afternoon snack: rosehip decoction.
- Dinner: boiled meat with vegetable salad.
The seventh day.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese pudding.
- Second breakfast: fresh or baked apple.
- Lunch: stewed carrots.
- Afternoon snack: orange.
- Dinner: vegetable stew with baked fish.
This menu is just an example that demonstrates how you can combine healthy foods and get variety.
What is the correct eating regimen
With cerebral atherosclerosis, it is important not only a properly formed menu, but also a diet. They allow you to stabilize and then improve metabolism and thus prevent the formation of cholesterol deposits in the vessels.
In accordance with this, human nutrition must be formed fractional – at least 5 times a day, and a more correct option is considered – 6 times a day. Granularity is important in order to reduce the stress that the gastrointestinal tract receives at each meal by reducing the volume of a single serving.
More importantly, a fractional diet can also reduce the stress on the heart and vascular bed, as well as on cerebral circulation.
Is fasting acceptable
Many people who are faced not only with atherosclerosis of the cerebral vessels, but also with damage to the aorta or other fragments of the vascular bed, are faced with information about the benefits of fasting for such a disease.
It is impossible to find exact data on this matter, since the opinions of different specialists differ. However, one fact is not in doubt – instead of complete fasting, it is useful to spend unloading days or mono days, taking into account the patient’s concomitant illnesses.
A properly formed diet, which is prescribed to a person with atherosclerosis of the vessels of the brain, allows you to slow down the pathological process. Improved nutrition enhances the body’s defenses to improve overall health and aid in further healing.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.