Deviations from the regular performance of capillary in the mucous membrane of the nasal passages are a typical reason for atrophy of the mucous epithelium and the reason for extreme pathologies. In this case, cauterization of the vessels in the nose is a useful treatment and the optimum service to the issue.
The essence of the approach
Vasotomy, coagulation, cauterization are the names of surgeries to cauterize the mucous membrane and capillary of the nasal cavity.
Conchotomy is likewise an operation to partly or totally get rid of the mucous epithelial tissue of the nose to release breathing, while partial cauterization of the vessels happens. The treatment is recommended when conservative techniques of treatment are inefficient and should be adequately warranted.
Depending on the techniques and techniques of affecting the capillary, it is essential to go through numerous phases of the medical diagnosis and the coagulation procedure:
- evaluation by a certified otolaryngologist, who should evaluate the condition of the client’s sinuses, ensure that the reason for the conditions is not a curvature of the nasal septum, research study the case history,
- based upon the information acquired, decide on the require for a coagulation treatment and select an approach for its application,
- surgical treatment,
- rehab duration.
After surgical treatment, it is advised to utilize methods to moisturize the maxillary sinuses (petroleum jelly, sea buckthorn oil, other nasal preparations with oils), which will assist to rapidly bring back the function of the mucous membrane.
In addition to hydrating, they have an antibacterial result. The participating in doctor will absolutely recommend drugs for the treatment of the nasal cavity.
Important to keep in mind! Cauterization of capillary in the nose is a procedure that needs compliance with all the guidelines and the series of proposed actions.
Reasons for utilizing coagulation
Explicit indicators need to be utilized to validate the treatment.
Symptoms for which the operation is recommended:
- the existence of regular nosebleeds,
- relentless bleeding that has actually reached an extreme developmental stage,
- mucosal atrophy due to persistent rhinitis,
- a sticking around kind of sinus problems or rhinitis,
- shortness of breath as an outcome of industrialized pathological procedures in the nasal cavity,
- issues brought on by dilated vessels.
According to medical data, the treatment is recommended in a lot of cases due to regular and relentless nosebleeds.
They are due to the close place of capillary to the surface area of the mucous membrane, hence vulnerable to regular damage, which triggers bleeding. In addition, such a predisposition can increase the possibility of pathologies.
Weak vascular walls of the nasal cavity can be detected in kids. As a guideline, with age, whatever forms and does not need treatment.
The clear benefits of coagulation are:
- effect on a particular location of the sore,
- high likelihood of effective treatment and low possibility of duplicated bleeding,
- rehab is likewise possible in the house without a medical facility,
- does not need prolonged preparatory actions or other adjustments,
- the duration of remission is brief adequate
- hardly ever triggers severe issues,
- there is no requirement for anesthesia, considering that regional anesthesia is utilized.
Like any other surgical intervention, the treatment has some contraindications:
- the existence of an infection in the body,
- bad state of the body immune system,
- bleeding of numerous etiologies, consisting of those brought on by the usage of medications.
Methods of cauterization of vessels in the nose
There are numerous techniques of coagulation. They all have their own benefits and downsides. Depending on the place of the vessels that need cauterization, their number, the size of the nasal passage, the degree of range from the nasal opening, the medical professional recommends this or that approach.
An knowledgeable expert can propose a coagulation approach, directed by the various guidelines of each approach:
- Cauterization with silver. This approach is classic. In contemporary medication, it is hardly ever utilized: a rather uncomfortable approach, it triggers issues. The essence of the strategy is to utilize a service of silver nitrate with chromic anhydride and trichloroacetic acid. The treatment is utilized for cauterization of the vessels of the anterior parts of the nose and turbinate; this choice is suggested for low strength bleeding. The standard guideline when using the service: asymmetry. Application to balanced locations, specifically in the location of the cartilaginous septum, can lead to the development of synechiae (this is a connection of tissue, bone, or cartilage that form bridges in the nasal cavity).
- Using a laser. One of the most popular techniques. Burning out capillary does not have unfavorable effects, it is definitely safe. The approach is based upon the usage of a laser. The mucous membrane recuperates rapidly. The just disadvantage of this approach is its expense.
- Electrocoagulation approach. From the name, the approach of cauterization is clear – with an electrical existing. The danger of injury to close-by tissues is very little. Specific worths are chosen separately for each client and set on an unique gadget.
- The cryocoagulation approach consists in utilizing liquid nitrogen on the harmed location. The moderate action promotes quick regrowth of capillary and mucous membranes, lessening the danger of bleeding and scarring. The approach is pricey – this is its drawback.
- The radiosurgical or gamma knife is an ingenious approach. It is performed just with unique medical devices. The remission duration is really short, in contrast with other techniques the most safe and most pricey.
Any surgical intervention ought to be warranted, as it is a last option if other techniques of treatment are inefficient. First of all, conservative treatment is carried out initially. In case of unsatisfactory results or low efficiency, a decision is made to conduct an operation.
Cauterization is indicated in the following cases:
- hypertrophy (growth) of the nasal mucosa of a chronic form,
- dependence on nasal medications due to long-term use.
In some cases, coagulation is the only correct choice. Side effects are rare and quite individual. But refusal to carry out the operation can affect the patient’s health, lead to the development of other pathologies.
Let us consider in more detail the most common methods of silver and laser coagulation.
Silver nitrate applications
Silver cauterization is indicated, as noted earlier, with bleeding from the anterior portions of the nose and with low intensity of bleeding.
The manipulation is carried out in three stages:
- anemization of the nasal mucosa, that is, vasoconstriction. It is used as a prevention of bleeding during surgery,
- local anesthesia,
- directly moxibustion.
Anemization is done with drugs such as Epinephrine, Ephedrine, spray or smear. The procedure is necessary to narrow blood vessels, reduce the amount of mucus secreted. In this case, the cauterizing substance will not spread, it is applied more pointwise.
Anesthesia is performed with local anesthetics (lidocaine). Moxibustion itself is carried out by means of a solution of silver nitrate. Its concentration is 40-50%. The solution should be applied in the immediate vicinity of the bleeding area.
This is one of the conditions so as not to provoke increased bleeding, but only to cauterize the surrounding areas. Burning, sneezing, watery eyes are often noted after surgery.
Nasal congestion may occur. It is necessary to notify the attending physician about this. All these consequences are temporary, however, their manifestation can be reduced through the use of various medications.
Since the procedure is quite dangerous, utmost care is required in order not to damage healthy areas of not only the mucous membrane, but also the paranasal space. It must be sufficiently substantiated: it can damage healthy tissues, it must not be symmetrical.
It is contraindicated to carry out the procedure for hemorrhagic diathesis (tendency to bleeding) of various origins: the risk of recurrence of nasal bleeding increases, while its abundance may increase, since the lesion of the nasal cavity is extensive.
It is indicated for chronic nosebleeds, for various types of rhinitis.
It is produced in several stages:
- local anesthesia is performed by applying an application with lidocaine or adrenaline,
- surgery using a laser. Processing is carried out around the problem area, and then directly to the focus. Does not require inpatient treatment.
- rehabilitation. The recovery period is short. The patient is advised to use ointments.
The big advantage of laser vasotomy is the elimination of recurrent bleeding: the vessels are cauterized and sealed, they do not burst. If the operation is successful, if it goes according to plan, its duration is no more than 10 minutes. After manipulation, 2-3 small wounds with a diameter of about 2 mm remain.
Judging by the reviews of patients, in 95-98% of cases, the functions of the nasal mucosa are completely restored. Rehabilitation lasts up to 7 days. After the operation, the patient is in a medical facility for about half an hour, then he can leave it. Breathing will return to normal in 2-3 days.
After laser coagulation, it is necessary to lead a more relaxed lifestyle, not to be in a position upside down, it is forbidden to visit baths or saunas, to use vasoconstrictor drugs, alcohol is not recommended.
Special sprays are prescribed for regeneration and additional moisturizing of tissues. Some complications may also arise.
They are strictly individual and may be due to non-compliance with the doctor’s recommendations:
- respiratory failure and congestion occur with an allergic reaction or repeated mucosal hypertrophy,
- mucosal atrophy, which can cause its dysfunction,
- the inflammatory process is an extremely rare complication, since the laser effect is sterile, and all the necessary instruments are pre-disinfected.
The cost of the procedure for laser cauterization of vessels in the nose will cost an average of 10 to 25 thousand rubles. depending on many factors: the location of the clinic and its prestige, the qualifications of the staff, the use of drugs as anesthetics, and the cost of diagnosis.
Consequences of the procedure
For a successful outcome of the intervention, it is necessary to adhere to all the recommendations of the attending physician, and also observe several rules:
- avoid tension of the nasal bone,
- do not injure the inner surface of the nasal cavity,
- do not remove crusts on your own,
- do not blow your nose.
Still, some complications are possible:
- the risk of trauma to the nasal sinuses increases due to the use of chemicals and swelling of the mucous membranes. Congestion occurs, which quickly passes if the doctor’s recommendations are followed.
- pain sensations are most typical for electrocoagulation and cauterization with silver nitrate
- provoking the opening of re-bleeding with self-removal of the formed crusts at the site of cauterization. It is necessary to comply with all the rehabilitation conditions for the early restoration of the mucous epithelial cover.
High-quality and timely diagnostics will allow you to reasonably carry out the procedure for cauterizing the vessels in the nose and get rid of unpleasant symptoms once and for all. Strict observance of all the rules and compliance with the norms by the medical professional and the patient is the key to a successful surgical operation.
Natalia, 32 of the year:
The child had frequent nosebleeds. Even at night. He himself was terribly frightened, he lifted us up in the middle of the night with a cry. During the diagnosis, the doctor said that the vessels of the nose were weak and close. Will outgrow. Gradually, bleeding began to occur less and less. About a year passed and they disappeared. An excellent doctor who did not “heal”, stuffed with drugs and cauterize.
Ekaterina, 43 years old:
It all started 9 years ago. A banal runny nose. I bought naftizin. then she simply could not live without it. Turned to the ENT. Sent for laser coagulation. I was very pleased. Mucous membrane recovered for a long time, very much dried up. The doctor said that this is a consequence of long-term use of vasoconstrictor drops.
Maria, 28 years:
A baby (2 years old) bleeds from the nose about 1 time per month for no reason. It rarely gets sick. Based on the examination outcomes, she was sent for cauterization with silver (this is the just way in our only hospital in the city). I’m afraid I should do it? After all, the treatment is painful even for adults.
Konstantin, 35 years old:
Thanks to the operation, I returned to regular life! Made with a virtual knife. An hour in the hospital and free. I suffered from constant rhinitis and got issues as a result. Such an investment! I advise everyone!
Zinaida, 50 years old:
They gave my son a vasotomy. He is 18 years old. He said that it felt tolerable. The operation lasted 15 minutes. I couldn’t breathe with my nose for 7 days. Prescribed anti-allergic, Aquamaris and peach oil. Everything was done according to the suggestions.
After 2 weeks, they came for a routine evaluation and elimination of crusts. There were nearly none. Came out naturally. We were pleased with the result.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.