From this article you will learn: what is hypotension, its types and symptoms. A detailed overview of and without medication.
Nivelichuk Taras, Head of the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, work experience 8 years. Higher education in the specialty “General Medicine”.
- Types and causes of hypotension
- Disease prognosis
Hypotension – a decrease in blood pressure (abbreviated as BP) below 105/65 mm Hg. Art. (millimeters of mercury) in men and 95/60 mm of mercury. Art. in women, evidence of pathology. Normal human pressure is about 120/80.
A tonometer can detect hypotension
Not only the actual figures can indicate a disease, but also their relative change: for example, for people who usually have a pressure of 140/80 mm Hg. Art., Blood pressure 100/70 – catastrophically low.
Hypotension affects about a third of the world’s population. Among children, the problem is common in no more than 3% of cases for the entire children’s age (from birth to 15 years).
If you are faced with this problem, then do not despair, as modern medicine offers a sufficient arsenal of non-medication and medicines.
The doctors who deal with this problem are cardiologists, therapists, and neurologists.
|1. Physiological – that is, or a variant of the norm||Lifestyle features|
|2. Pathological||Brain Tumors|
|Decreased adrenal function, thyroid gland, diabetes|
|Heart defects, severe heart failure, arrhythmias|
|Incorrect use of medications to reduce high blood pressure|
This form of reduced pressure does not require treatment. The main difference from pathological hypotension is the lack of causes that caused low blood pressure. However, it is still necessary to control blood pressure during physiological hypotension, since under certain conditions it can progress (that is, the numbers decrease further) or go into hypertension.
Who has low blood pressure in this form:
- Athletes who practice professionally and train a lot. Such an organism needs a greater amount of blood, since training requires increased nutrition of organs and tissues. Myocardium of the heart of athletes thickens, its volumes increase. It is necessary to periodically monitor the state of work: do electrocardiography and (or) ultrasound of the heart. Over time, the capabilities of a trained heart can be exhausted, and heart failure gradually increases – and hypotension can become a serious problem.
- The inhabitants of the highlands, tropical regions of the Earth. Under conditions of high atmospheric pressure, the pathology is adaptive in nature: that is, the heart adapts to new working conditions.
- Individual feature. This feature occurs in thin women, and during the development of menopause, it can turn into hypertension. It is necessary to control the pressure figures.
- In pregnant women. Usually low pressure does not cause discomfort to the ladies “in position”. If low numbers of blood pressure are caused by concomitant pathology in a pregnant woman, then this is a pathological condition.
Pregnancy is one of the reasons for the development of physiological hypotension
In this situation, low blood pressure is a secondary problem that has arisen against the background of the underlying disease (as a symptom or complication). Above, in table 1, we examined examples of diseases that may be accompanied by low numbers of blood pressure. Usually hypotension is a secondary pathology.
The underlying disease and all the symptoms that are associated with this are of paramount importance. However, the diseases listed in table 1 can be accompanied by high numbers of blood pressure, so it is important to know what specific complaints may be with low numbers of blood pressure.
With the disease, hypotension – the symptoms are as follows:
- Stable, low blood pressure figures.
- Headache. They can be so intense that they force the patient to stay in bed.
- Dizziness and fainting. Fainting provokes stuffy rooms.
- Vegetative crises. This is a condition against a background of nervous overstrain, which occurs spontaneously and also suddenly disappears. It is accompanied by a decrease in heart rate, shortness of breath, and profuse sweating.
- Fatigue, the inability to concentrate for a long time on the performance of a task (at work, study).
- Hypotension accompanies meteo-dependent people all their lives. High sensitivity to weather changes: morning and evening temperature drops, rains and thunderstorms. Such people may feel a sudden cooling or warming several days before the event.
- Hyperhidrosis – increased sweating. This feature is characteristic of young people.
If the above symptoms of hypotension are expressed so strongly that they cause inconvenience and limitations in ordinary life, then most likely we are talking about a pathological condition.
Perhaps you want to know about the new medication - Cardiol, which perfectly normalizes blood pressure. Cardiol capsules are an excellent tool for the prevention of many heart diseases, because they contain unique components. This drug is superior in its therapeutic properties to such drugs: Detonic. If you want to know detailed information about Cardiol, go to the .There you will find answers to questions related to the use of this drug, customer reviews and doctors. You can also find out the Cardiol capsules in your country and the delivery conditions. Some people manage to get a 50% discount on the purchase of this drug (how to do this and buy pills for the treatment of hypertension for 39 euros is written on the official website of the manufacturer.), ,
In this section, we consider various methods of treatment: with and without medication. The overall prognosis for treatment is favorable.
Remember that usually hypotension is not an independent disease, but is a consequence of other pathologies. And the main principle of the treatment of secondary hypotension is the correction of the underlying disease:
- With endocrine diseases, the doctor will prescribe hormonal drugs.
- In case of anemia, they will be advised to take iron preparations and (or) vitamins.
- With heart defects, it may be advisable to operate on the patient. Low pressure occurs with aortic insufficiency and with mitral valve stenosis (narrowing of the opening that connects the left atrium and ventricle).
Hypotension is directly treated according to this general scheme:
- Initially, you should adhere to general recommendations, then connect the sport.
- If the effect is insufficient, then doctors recommend the use of aromatic oils, herbal remedies.
- With the ineffectiveness of these therapeutic measures, the doctor can prescribe medications.
According to the recommendations of the World Health Organization, 75% of patients with this pathology should be treated with any non-medication. The following recommendations are given by doctors in their publications (source – Russian Medical Journal).
Following lifestyle recommendations is a sure, albeit slow way to a long life and health. We very often look for a miraculous drug that should help immediately, but this is wrong, the body must gradually be accustomed to the correct lifestyle – this is the right way to treatment and effective prevention of many diseases.
What needs to be done to a person suffering from hypotension:
- Walks in the open air.
- Correction of the regimen of the day, including a sufficient amount of rest (night sleep should be 8-9 hours). Doctors recommend a nap of 1-2 hours.
- Nutritional corrections. Exclusion of junk food: fatty, spicy and salty. Food should be regular (4-5 times a day) and varied (vegetables, fruits, animal proteins, etc.).
- Hardening procedures. Contrast shower, wiping with cool water (gradual decrease in water from 27 to 15 degrees).
- Drink vitamin complexes in spring and autumn. This is necessary for proper nervous regulation of vascular tone.
Hypotension Lifestyle Recommendations
In the morning and evening, doctors recommend a strengthening set of exercises. Performing several exercises of 10-15 minutes every day, you gradually train your blood vessels, improves blood supply to the brain, dizziness, fainting and hypotension go away.
The hypotension complex should be started in bed. Further, gradual recovery from bed is important to prevent orthostatic hypotension (a drop in blood pressure during a change in body position).
Essential oils are highly concentrated active substances of plants that are treated.
In small concentrations, essential oils relieve stressful situations, reduce anxiety and irritation, eliminate emotional excitability, increase performance.
If low blood pressure is accompanied by pain in the heart, then aromatic oils can be very effective: they are able to expand blood vessels in the heart and brain, which leads to improved blood supply.
How are oils used? Aromatic lamps, aromatic pendants fill the ethers, add them to creams, shampoos. In addition to the pleasant smell in the apartment, the body will gradually receive treatment.
|Rosemary||Stimulates mental, physical activity||5 drops per 20 ml of massage cream|
|Mint||Eliminates dizziness||8 drops are diluted in milk, and then added to the bath (procedure for 20 minutes).|
|Carnation||Restores strength after a difficult emotional event|
|Clary||Increases blood pressure||4 drops are diluted in honey and dissolved in water. Take a bath no more than 30 minutes.|
|Basil||Promotes concentration.||5 drops per 10 ml of cream or massage oil.|
The essential oils of these plants help in the treatment of hypotension.
The intake of essential oils (even in aromatherapy) should be agreed with the doctor, since adverse effects are possible:
- allergic reactions;
- oils have contraindications: for example, “convulsive readiness” of the central nervous system is characteristic of patients with epilepsy.
According to applied and basic research published in the International Journal, doctors believe that hypotension can be successfully treated with plants.
|Ginseng 1 tbsp. l and 0,5 liters. 70% alcohol or vodka.||10 – 12 days||2 tsp. Drink for 3 weeks|
|St. John’s wort 1 tbsp. l and 1 cup boiling water||60 minutes||A quarter cup in the afternoon|
|Tansy 1 tbsp. l and 2 glasses of cold water||4 hours||Half a glass 2-3 times a day|
|Hazel 1 tbsp. l bark and 1 cup boiling water||20 – 30 minutes||According to 2 tbsp. l 3-4 times a day|
|Lemon (whole) 1 tbsp. l and 200 ml of vodka||2 week||20-25 drops 2 times a day|
Ingredients for the preparation of tinctures for hypotension
The intake of medicinal plants should be agreed with the doctor, since allergic reactions are possible, plants have contraindications (for example, ginseng provokes bleeding), stimulants can not always be used for brain tumors.
Folk remedies used to increase blood pressure
To lower blood pressure during a hypertensive crisis, to prevent symptoms of an oncoming coma, you can use hawthorn, calendula, mountain ash, rose hip, motherwort, peppermint, yarrow, knotweed. During treatment, it should be borne in mind that medicinal herbs have contraindications for use.
In the event of a sharp change, Blood pressure in case of untimely assistance to the patient, death occurs from a heart attack, stroke, heart, kidney failure, intravascular coagulation, possible swelling of the brain and lungs. The prognosis worsens with concomitant diseases, five-year survival is observed in patients who receive skilled care with a sharp decrease or increase in blood pressure.
Life quality depends on the quality of health. Any failure in the functioning of organs and systems can greatly undermine human immunity. It is especially necessary to carefully monitor the work of the cardiovascular system. To do this, you need to know at what pressure a person dies and how to avoid a critical condition.
In many cases, alternative methods of treating hypotension are more effective and safer than pharmacy drugs. In alternative medicine, the following tools are used:
- Infusion, broth or tincture of St. John’s wort. To prepare a decoction, you need 1 tablespoon of St. John’s wort to pour 1 cup boiling water and put on low heat for about 5 minutes. It is necessary to apply 2-3 times a day before meals. To prepare the infusion, you need to fill 3 tablespoons of grass with hot water. Infuse the mixture for 2 hours. Also take 2-3 times a day before meals. To get the tincture of St. John’s wort, you will need to insist dry grass on alcohol for a week. Consume orally 20 drops diluted in 100 ml of water 3-4 times a day before meals.
- Infusion of immortelle flowers. To prepare it, pour 10 g of raw materials into 1 cup of boiling water. Take 20 drops a few minutes before meals 2 times a day. Infusion of immortelle flowers
- Infusion of a mixture of fruits of hawthorn, wild strawberry leaves, mistletoe leaves and common wormwood grass. Pour 0,5 l of boiling water over all ingredients and insist for 6 hours. Drink 1 glass 3 times a day 30 minutes before a meal.
- Thistle infusion. For cooking, you need to fill the leaves of the plant with 1 glass of boiling water and insist until completely cooled. Take 0,5 cup 3 times a day.
- A collection containing equal amounts of licorice root, grass of a succession, grass of a fluffy panacea, grass of buckwheat, seeds of valerian root. It is necessary to take 5 tablespoons of collection, pour water and bring to a boil. Then insist 10-12 hours. Take half an hour before bedtime.
The main danger that low blood pressure carries is the possible consequences arising from improperly selected treatment. First you need to establish an accurate diagnosis and the cause of the symptom. For this, it is best to consult a doctor. You can not engage in self-medication.
Danger for a pregnant woman
The danger of low pressure in systolic values is also present during pregnancy. This is due to hormonal changes in the body. Acceptable lowering of the upper indicators is considered to decrease to 10 mm Hg. Art., and the bottom – to 15 units. Blood pressure in pregnant women generally reaches its minimum at 22-24 week.
Such a decrease is not considered dangerous for the fetus or for the expectant mother. Meanwhile, a frequent symptom of hypotension in pregnant women are fainting. Loss of consciousness often leads to falls, which is a potential threat to the baby. Dehydration can also provoke a decrease in blood pressure, which is often diagnosed in pregnant women.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.