The most formidable complication of purulent cystitis is pyelonephritis (purulent inflammation of the pyelocaliceal system of the kidneys).
Like any disease, acute cystitis, if left untreated, can lead to complications. The most common additional diseases are anemia, infection of the kidneys and bladder tamponade.
- Anemia appears due to oxygen deficiency in the body. This is due to the fact that a person loses a lot of red cells during urination, because of this, oxygen deficiency appears and anemia occurs. With this additional illness, weakness and fatigue occur, memory worsens, and frequent dizziness may be present. Anemia mercilessly damages the human nervous system.
- If untreated kidney infection, the infection eventually gets into the tissue of the organ and can trigger the development of pyelonephritis. In the end, this will lead to severe renal impairment and renal failure.
- Bladder tamponade occurs because blood clots block the passage of urine into the urethra. Long urinary retention causes severe pain in the abdomen and stimulates a sharp increase in temperature.
Also, with blockage of the urethra by blood clots, surgery may be necessary.
During the operation, the problem that has arisen is removed and a special catheter is inserted that will prevent the appearance of a similar problem.
The most dangerous complication of hemorrhagic cystitis is a blockage of the urethra with a blood clot. In this case, urine continues to flow from the kidneys into the bladder, with no way out. There is a bladder tamponade, which at this time continues to stretch to a huge size.
Through the damaged capillaries of the mucous membrane of the bladder, microbes can penetrate into the bloodstream, which are carried with a blood stream throughout the body, and pyelonephritis, inflammation of the uterus, or other inflammatory diseases can develop.
Dangerous complications of cystitis with blood in urine include blockage of the bladder with a clot or stone. The volume of the organ is gradually increasing. Due to the increase in pressure inside the organ, the wall ruptures. This is accompanied by severe pain. Urine entering the abdominal cavity leads to the rapid progression of peritonitis. If the patient will not be given emergency surgical care in the first hours, then he will face death.
Bladder overflow is also dangerous due to impaired renal function due to reverse urine reflux into the ureter. A person quickly develops oliguria (delayed formation of urine), anuria (urine does not enter the bladder). A prolonged lack of urination with cystitis leads to uremia – self-poisoning of the body by decay products.
The danger of a hemorrhagic form of cystitis is that it can spread rapidly with blood flow to all organs, causing other foci of the inflammatory process.
If a person has reduced immunity, then he cannot independently fight the inflammatory process. Therefore, the infection in humans will spread rapidly throughout the body. The danger of a hemorrhagic form of cystitis is that it can spread rapidly with blood flow to all organs, causing other foci of the inflammatory process.
If the pathogen enters the kidneys, then bacterial pyelonephritis develops. The disease can cause acute kidney failure. Prolonged discharge of urine with spotting leads to the fact that the patient develops iron deficiency anemia. Urine with blood can quickly deplete the body.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
Treatment of acute cystitis
Any therapeutic measures begin with the elimination of the cause of the disease. In a bacterial or viral process, appropriate drugs are prescribed. With massive bleeding with cystitis, measures must be taken to stop them.
If the patient has developed obstruction of the urethral lumen, then first aid and subsequent treatment is carried out only in a hospital.
Therapy of hemorrhagic cystitis is usually carried out in a hospital. An individual treatment plan is selected for each patient, which contains the moments acceptable for any manifestation of the disease.
Treatment of acute cystitis:
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- Antifungal medications are appropriate when the fungus is the cause.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs (eliminate inflammation, relieve pain).
- Means that improve the outflow of urine (including herbal preparations).
- Iron preparations (with concomitant anemia).
In addition, all patients with acute cystitis should follow some rules:
- bed or semi-bed mode;
- heavy drinking is recommended – more than 2 liters of liquid, mineral drinks (necessarily without gas), sour berry fruit drinks, water without gas are suitable;
- herbal teas and some herbal preparations, with pronounced diuretics, restorative and anti-inflammatory properties;
- diet – cereals, vegetable and all dairy products, a ban on bakery products, fried, smoked, salty and any preservation.
Cystitis is treated conservatively. However, in the presence of a complication such as bladder tamponade with blood clots with hemorrhagic cystitis, surgical intervention is required.
|Rapid and painful urination, false urge||Thermal effects on the lower abdomen, painkillers, antispasmodics|
|Purulent discharge||Antibacterial therapy|
|Brown discharge||Hemostatic agents|
|Acute urinary retention||Blood clot removal|
To alleviate the condition, you need:
- Observe bed rest.
- Heat to the lower abdomen.
- Drink plenty of water (fruit drinks, weak tea, non-concentrated compotes).
- Analgesics and antispasmodics.
Cystitis of bacterial origin, which is indicated by purulent discharge, requires the appointment of antibiotics. The doctor selects an antibacterial drug based on the methods of microbiological research, determines the dose of the drug and the course of treatment.
As a result of the use of herbal medicine (treatment with medicinal plants), an uroseptic effect is achieved. In urology, the properties of cranberries, cranberries and rose hips are used.
Aminocaproic and tranexamic acid preparations, sodium etamzilate and dicinon stop bleeding. However, they are used for significant bleeding. Slight vascular damage (brown discharge) stops on its own.
They help to eliminate the pain of NSAIDs (Diclofenac, Ketorolac, Ibuprofen, etc.). In the middle layer of the bladder there is smooth muscles that contract involuntarily. With cystitis, smooth muscle cells are in a spasmodic state, which causes frequent urination, a feeling of discomfort. Spasm-eliminating medications include: Papaverine, No-shpa, Drotaverin.
With bladder tamponade with a blood clot, acute urinary retention occurs, which requires emergency care. Clot removal is performed by endoscopy (cystoscopy).
Cystoscopy is a minimally invasive intervention that provides an opportunity to examine the bladder mucosa and stop bleeding by cauterizing individual vessels.
In the presence of blood in the urine, cystitis should be treated only after consulting a doctor, which is mandatory for cystitis with blood. For a quick and effective treatment of the disease, it is important to consult a urologist in a timely manner. If you start the course of cystitis with blood, then it can go into a chronic form. Do not rely on home-based treatments for cystitis, which often turn out to be meaningless – you can use them only after consulting a doctor and together with traditional therapeutic measures.
Treatment is aimed at eliminating the cause of cystitis with blood in the urine.
The treatment of cystitis with blood in women and men with a bacterial infection is carried out using antibiotics. With cystitis of viral origin, the doctor prescribes treatment with immunomodulators and antiviral agents. If blood in the urine with cystitis has arisen as a result of taking certain drugs, the doctor will advise you to temporarily abandon them or replace them with safe analogues.
- Along with funds that help eliminate the root cause of the disease, doctors prescribe drugs for hemorrhagic cystitis patients that strengthen the walls of blood vessels and stop bleeding.
- Herbal treatments are an important complement to traditional treatments for acute cystitis. Most often, bearberry, chamomile, and lingonberry are used for these purposes.
- It is necessary to consume a large amount of liquid. In one day, take no less than 3 liters of liquid. It is important to adjust your diet. In the treatment of hemorrhagic cystitis, spicy, overly salty foods, alcohol, and chocolate are necessarily eliminated from the diet. Excluded foods that cause increased excretion of blood in the urine.
- To eliminate pain with hemorrhagic cystitis, analgesics and antispasmodics are prescribed. Baralgin and diclofenac are especially effective.
- If cystitis becomes chronic, physiotherapeutic procedures are prescribed for treatment: inductothermy, iontophoresis, UHF, magnetolaser therapy, as well as irrigation of the bladder with antiseptic solutions.
- In the treatment of cystitis with blood, a diet is mandatory. The patient should refuse salty, fried and spicy foods.
- Women need to visit not only a urologist, but also a gynecologist: often the cause of cystitis with blood lies in diseases of the female reproductive system.
- For the treatment of hemorrhagic cystitis, natural hemostatic teas are used – for example, from a beautiful and yarrow: pour 1 tablespoon of each herb in 300 ml of boiling water. The broth insist 40 minutes. Drink 30 minutes before eating.
- Sitting baths with a decoction of chamomile are good. Three tablespoons of dried flowers of a pharmaceutical chamomile are poured with 300 ml of boiling water. The broth should be infused for a couple of hours. Then it is poured into a basin and diluted with water to the desired volume. The time for taking a sitz bath is no more than 20 minutes.
- With painful cystitis, a decoction of lingonberry and bearberry leaves will come to the rescue. For a tablespoon of chopped leaves, lingonberries and bearberries are poured with boiling water (420 ml). The broth is languished in a water bath for 40 minutes and taken in 50 ml before each meal.
- Take two tablespoons of dried yarrow and bearberry and one tablespoon of birch buds. All this is poured with boiling water (450 ml) and left in a water bath for 30 minutes. Drink infusion three times a day for 150 ml.
- To prepare the infusion of yarrow (2 tsp), cut it, pour 250 ml of boiling water. The infusion should be infused for one hour, drink it in small sips during the day. One glass should be enough for the whole day.
- Two tablespoons of chamomile are poured with a glass of boiling water, left to infuse for an hour. After that, add a teaspoon of honey to the broth. Such a decoction is consumed three times a day – 100 ml each.
- Dill seeds are used to treat many diseases of the urinary system. With hemorrhagic cystitis, dill seeds are crushed to a state of flour, pour 1 cup of boiling water, let it brew for one hour. Drink this infusion in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Cranberry juice is useful for cystitis with blood. For its preparation, take a pound of cranberries (fresh or frozen), 2 liters of water, 200 g of sugar. Knead the berry, squeezing the juice. Sugar is added to the resulting mass, and then diluted with two liters of water. For effectiveness, the fruit drink is heated before use.
Cystitis with blood is an extremely unpleasant disease, but with a timely visit to a doctor and following all his instructions, recovery comes quickly enough.
How to treat cystitis with blood, it is better to check with a competent urologist. The presence of blood in the urine is already a sign of a complicated course of the disease, so you can not hesitate to go to a specialist.
WHAT DO THE DOCTOR’S SAY?
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation and Honorary Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Anton Vasiliev:
“I have been treating diseases of the genitourinary system for many years. According to statistics from the Ministry of Health, cystitis in 60% of cases becomes chronic.
The main mistake is tightening! The sooner you begin treatment for cystitis, the better. There is a tool that is recommended for self-treatment and prevention of cystitis at home, since many patients do not seek help because of a lack of time or shame. This is Ureferon. It is the most versatile. It has no synthetic components, its effect is soft, but palpable after the first day of administration. It relieves inflammation, strengthens the walls of the bladder, its mucosa, restores general immunity. It suits both women and men. For men, there will also be a nice bonus – increased potency.
Therapy of acute cystitis with blood is carried out in a hospital or on an outpatient basis. The patient is shown bed rest, a balanced diet, eliminating excessive irritation of the bladder. During an exacerbation of the disease, it is necessary to observe sexual rest. It is also recommended to drink plenty of fluids, especially with a diuretic effect, for example, urological collection or cranberry juice.
Cardiline is the most modern medicine for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The composition of these capsules is not only able to cope with high blood pressure, but also has an anti-inflammatory effect, which can fight fever and pain.This latest development has become a direct competitor to such well-known drugs as: Recardio, Detonic, Cardio NRJ, Heart Tonic. Take the opportunity to buy Cardiline with 50% discount now!